Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences (40174 Views)

Which Teams Will Make It Into The Euro 2020 Quarterfinals? / ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition / UEFA Champions League: Ranking The Five Teams That Could Win The Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:04am On Jun 18, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

What if Muslims own that clubs like Mancity??

Man City also plays in the champions League and is sponsored by Heineken as well.

Religion and business do not mix

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Kobicove(m): 9:04am On Jun 18, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
I laugh hard esp with the front page comments. Big sponsors are the ones killing you. They are the ones giving you cancer and many bad diseases. Sportsmen have just woken up. And they are educating you. Yet the businessmen are trying to prevent them. Coke knows the damage their drink is doing, yet, they won't stop. And you guys are saying sportsmen are wrong. When you carry your own cancer or terrible disease, you will understand these guys are bold to do this. The same way, I talked about tennis - that babe boycotted most of the tournaments now. Ok ooo. Keep saying sponsors need to make money. They will make money with their terrible products, and you will even make doctors and drugs manufacturers happier. You will buy useless drugs cos they are sponsors too. Dont worry. Keep supporting those killing you cos they are sponsors who need to make money back.

Whatever convictions a player has against a beverage is his personal business.

He has no right to soil the image of their product in public.

Coca-Cola and Heineken have been around about 100 years each, at best an average footballer has 25years active playing life...this is one battle they can't win!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by techWriter1: 9:05am On Jun 18, 2021
sewage over Coke anyday anytime twice on tuesdays

Need help with your assignment, project, thesis, or dissertation? Get details here: https://www.nairaland.com/6588063/contact-us-technical-academic-writing
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by ThierryJay: 9:06am On Jun 18, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
I laugh hard esp with the front page comments. Big sponsors are the ones killing you. They are the ones giving you cancer and many bad diseases. Sportsmen have just woken up. And they are educating you. Yet the businessmen are trying to prevent them. Coke knows the damage their drink is doing, yet, they won't stop. And you guys are saying sportsmen are wrong. When you carry your own cancer or terrible disease, you will understand these guys are bold to do this. The same way, I talked about tennis - that babe boycotted most of the tournaments now. Ok ooo. Keep saying sponsors need to make money. They will make money with their terrible products, and you will even make doctors and drugs manufacturers happier. You will buy useless drugs cos they are sponsors too. Dont worry. Keep supporting those killing you cos they are sponsors who need to make money back.

If we are to go the whole length, almost all fast consumable products that are popular globally have health risks. So by your logic let all of them kuku run down so people can be more healthy like they were 400 years ago, when these products were not in existence.

8 Likes

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Bluffly: 9:06am On Jun 18, 2021
Elock1:
shocked
Way to go.

The other day I was telling a friend that c. Ronaldo was wrong.. He no gree accept.

Saying I'm a barca fan and I don't just like ororo.

I told him it's not about football here.
These guys are sponsoring the tournament.. Thereby paying directly or indirectly...

And if you being such a big name take off their products it will send a wrong message to his fans and they may loose money.

But trust ororo boys, he started shouting barca fans and hate bla bla bla.
I wanted to say otherwise but thought over it and can only upheld that he is wrong. That is a sponsorship placement for the game and not about his counselling or his promotion. He can only stand against it if the scene is used for promotion to drink coke during the game or after the game

5 Likes

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by phemmyfour: 9:09am On Jun 18, 2021
Long overdue...bunch of hypocrite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by stanliwise(m): 9:10am On Jun 18, 2021
Elock1:
shocked
Way to go.

The other day I was telling a friend that c. Ronaldo was wrong.. He no gree accept.

Saying I'm a barca fan and I don't just like ororo.

I told him it's not about football here.
These guys are sponsoring the tournament.. Thereby paying you directly or indirectly...

And if you being such a big name take off their products it will send a wrong message to his fans and they may loose money.

But trust ororo boys, he started shouting barca fans and hate bla bla bla.
His actions was wrong but appeals rightly to movement fighting against sugar consumption like many health movement.
Well on business side he is entirely wrong since same company sponsor them.
It is what it is, depends on context

4 Likes

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by alaribe1992(m): 9:10am On Jun 18, 2021
gbami:
What happened to personal choice. Don't I have freedom to choose what's place in front of me or not? Don't I have the choice to advertise a healthy drink vs the poison called coca-cola, Pepsi, alcohol and other so called soft drinks?

We are loosing it...You can't twist my arm to advertise what I don't want to advertise. It is called freedom..
Don’t collect the money coming from their sponsorship also

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by styleewhyte(m): 9:12am On Jun 18, 2021
Then the big Stars will definitely stop appearing in the press conference... Someone like Ronaldo will definitely turn down a press conference
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by P1PrinceKT(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Man City also plays in the champions League and is sponsored by Heineken as well.

Only in your Yoruba brain.

That doesn't differentiate between calture and Religion.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by paddyDIGITAL(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2021
samuel900:
It's encouraging, what he did was right..... many dieing of diabetics and others.....come isn't good for health. He passed a message there.

No sponsorship, no football matches, no fat salary and bonuses, no super rich Ronaldo.
We all know how to drink water. Let them drink their expensive wine, and leave the coke for the poor masses who can't afford wine.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by ThierryJay: 9:14am On Jun 18, 2021
gbami:
What happened to personal choice. Don't I have freedom to choose what's place in front of me or not? Don't I have the choice to advertise a healthy drink vs the poison called coca-cola, Pepsi, alcohol and other so called soft drinks?

We are loosing it...You can't twist my arm to advertise what I don't want to advertise. It is called freedom..

Ronaldo or Pogba are not advertising anything in personal capacity. If they don't want the products in front of them, they should go home and not partake in the Euros. Abi the money used to run the tournament miraculously appeared from the moon ni?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by stanliwise(m): 9:14am On Jun 18, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Well not easy to separate them, you can’t be a Christian and act outrightly naked scene just because your an actor.

There is most likely a line and an alternative. If it don’t exist you can’t be in two of them at same time

1 Like

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Ofunaofu: 9:15am On Jun 18, 2021
sunshineV:
pogba is a bloody hypocrite. he doesnt drink alcohol so he took the drink off the table but he plays a competition sponspored by the drink and get paid from their earnings, what level of nonsense is that? besides, who said he had to drink it? just give ur speech and leave but leave the drink alone. islam and hypocrisy
Just as the sale of alcohol is Haram here in northern Nigeria, but royalties and taxes paid by these companies are used in constructing critical infrastructure in the north. Hypocrisy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Harrynight(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:
Lol, same UEFA won't want a player to take a beer or gulp a coke before or during the match. Just like betting, they are ready to collect money from bet companies, but not ready to allow players place bet.

FOOTBALLERS don't play Bet?
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by yungdynho(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2021
They are biting the fingers that fed them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by chronique(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2021
styleewhyte:
Then the big Stars will definitely stop appearing in the press conference... Someone like Ronaldo will definitely turn down a press conference

Exactly my thoughts.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by unmask: 9:17am On Jun 18, 2021
Ronaldo did the most....not only did he remove the bottles, but he went on to say the product was garbage by telling people to drink water.

Na coke he fit try that one with. If na Heineken or orijin bitters, he for hear am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Chachamiliano: 9:17am On Jun 18, 2021
Lamasta:
Coca Cola fighting back through UEFA grin

Nah...It's called disrespect in marketing. The drink was placed in his front to gain views and continue being relevant as the best drink in the world. Beside these players meet the drink on table before sitting for their speech

5 Likes

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Simulator(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2021
Idiot...is Ronaldo a Muslim too?
sunshineV:
pogba is a bloody hypocrite. he doesnt drink alcohol so he took the drink off the table but he plays a competition sponspored by the drink and get paid from their earnings, what level of nonsense is that? besides, who said he had to drink it? just give ur speech and leave but leave the drink alone. islam and hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by OlujobaSamuel: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2021
Harrynight:

FOOTBALLERS don't play Bet?
Yes, it's not allowed. You can be fined, suspended or banned even if the event took place years before discovery.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by parkervero(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2021
tunapawizzy:

He did not remember religion when he accepted star of d match award from Heineken...if Heineken is displayed on the side boards in the stadium, then he should just stop playing or go and remove it
To me he is hypocrite.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by styleewhyte(m): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2021
Bluffly:

I wanted to say otherwise but thought over it and can only upheld that he is wrong. That is a sponsorship placement for the game and not about his counselling or his promotion. He can only stand against it if the scene is used for promotion to drink coke during the game or after the game

Coke should have made a banner.. I don't support CR7 on that but let's take it this way... Make a banner.. The company's know what they are doing, You don't need to keep your drinks on the table. Players have faiths and believes.. And Many Fans look up to them... To see products they endorse

They can sponsor the tournament but don't need the Product on the table, it kinda implies the players take them...

If UEFA is this Naive to to warn countries... These top players will start turning down these press conferences... And that will be worse and they can use their platform against the company..
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by tunapawizzy: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2021
parkervero:

To me he is hypocrite.
u no lie

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by mirinder: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2021
Drsnives:
Their own too much too
Ohhh my baby drivi me crazy
how many rounds
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by unmask: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
So why are they playing in the competition sponsored by these companies? Nothing stops them from quitting football, based on the fact that they don't support the sponsors of football

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by joshtooxplicit: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2021
BareFacedLies:

Don't mind them, they don't think.

Why would you be removing the products of the company that is paying millions to sponsor the tournament? angry

The person that collected the money should come and sit behind the table. They know he does not like coca cola or other Fizzy drinks why tie his hands to advertise them. Its Hypocrisy to not take a drink and advise other people to do so. The coca cola company have a water brand why not use it. I trust Ronaldo till the tournament end he wont attend a Press conference or he will do and Move His chair to the other side instead of the Bottle..
Dont be surprised that Pepsi is not part of Messis daily Life he is just doing it for the money, I drink because I love you and behind doors you dont drink.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Harrynight(m): 9:21am On Jun 18, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

Yes, it's not allowed. You can be fined, suspended or banned even if the event took place years before discovery.

WOW!
Just knowing this
Thanks
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by yungdynho(m): 9:21am On Jun 18, 2021

1 Like

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Ayo2004: 9:21am On Jun 18, 2021
After refusing to drink coke,Pepsi and other soft drinks,he still has less trophies than a Pepsi ambassador grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by PAWG(m): 9:22am On Jun 18, 2021
UEFA thanks for this intervention. Sponsors deserve some respect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Bluffly: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2021
styleewhyte:

Coke should have made a banner.. I don't support CR7 on that but let's take it this way... Make a banner.. The company's know what they are doing, You don't need to keep your drinks on the table. Players have faiths and believes.. And Many Fans look up to them... To see products they endorse

They can sponsor the tournament but don't need the Product on the table, it kinda implies the players take them...

If UEFA is this Naive to to warn countries... These top players will start turning down these press conferences... And that will be worse and they can use their platform against the company..
May be they sponsored the aspect of the press briefing. That could be their terms of engagement. Our opinions can't override their terms of engagement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Censored Picture Of Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey's Leg Break Against Stoke City / UEFA Europa League Round Of 16 Draw / Crystal Palace Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 2) On 21st May 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.