Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences (40208 Views)

Which Teams Will Make It Into The Euro 2020 Quarterfinals? / ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition / UEFA Champions League: Ranking The Five Teams That Could Win The Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Lukuluku69(m): 10:00am On Jun 18, 2021
illicit:
A Muslim called Paul

Have you not heard about Christians bearing
1. HASSAN Mathew Kukah
2. Tunde BAKARE
3. YAKUBU Gowon
4. Pastor Johnson SULEIMAN
5. Pastor Yomi KASALI
6. Adewale AYUBA

I can go on and on..
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Lukuluku69(m): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2021
sunshineV:
pogba is a bloody hypocrite. he doesnt drink alcohol so he took the drink off the table but he plays a competition sponspored by the drink and get paid from their earnings, what level of nonsense is that? besides, who said he had to drink it? just give ur speech and leave but leave the drink alone. islam and hypocrisy

Paul Pogba play Football for a living. If beverage company brings money to the game it meant nothing. Why? Before their money, people have played the game and will continue to play the game
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Drsnives(m): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2021
mirinder:
how many rounds
Them dea talk about billing you dea talk about rounds, if na rounds you think say i fir come here to complain??
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by CSTRR: 10:05am On Jun 18, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

HEINEKEN remained injurious to your health, despite your blinded(selfish) comprehending.
Maybe.

But Europe loves alcohol.
You are not to dictate to them who they want as sponsors.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 18, 2021
ThierryJay:

If we are to go the whole length, almost all fast consumable products that are popular globally have health risks. So by your logic let all of them kuku run down so people can be more healthy like they were 400 years ago, when these products were not in existence.

Yes, your concept is right. We will find innovative way of creating products are healthy as 300 years ago products. What we need to do is ban refined sugar, but give Coke like 3 years to come with alternatives. Then Cocacola sets up research team to look for ways to get quality good and healthy sugar. But since no one has come up against them, they are still riding us. And see, if they cannot get a good option, this world is so innovative, a new product will come. I am sure Coke can afford to buy such patent at a high cost. Many people tried to bring healthier products out but Coke killed them all.

On the other hand, you will be shocked that there might be already contingency plan that Coke itself has prepared cos they know one day, they will be stopped. and then, you will see how they will quickly bring out a new product with an innovation and quickly apply for its patent. See, you dont bring a new product out when you still have the market on your side. I am sure, there are already researches on better ways to get healthy sugar at a reasonable price, but coke will not do it unless they are forced to. Another product is flour. But that of sugar is too much - biscuits, sweets, cookies, food, drinks, in everything. I sw.ear if we can combat this war and win it, we will see the result. It is for pur good. Trust me.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by henryobinna(m): 10:14am On Jun 18, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Indiscipline of the highest order

How can you start de-marketing products that have put in money to make the tournament a success?
Do Pogba or Ronaldo think anyone will pay millions to watch them if they were playing at Obalende under-bridge?
It's a contract. If you don't like it get out of football.
Ronaldo is doing it for marketing purposes which is even understandable but that of Pogba, Mr, keep your religion at home. Football is not a mosque or church matter!!
how's ronaldo doing it for marketing purposes?

You don't bring down another man's business just to boost your own especially when they actually paid for it.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by chidiebube107: 10:18am On Jun 18, 2021
Elock1:

But trust ororo boys
You're friend s right u b barca fan otherwise u wnt say dat

1 Like

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by SEGLIZ: 10:18am On Jun 18, 2021
fredoooooo:
Ban the player , why team ? Stupid people bringing personal interests to a football game ..

football has always being about personal interest.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 18, 2021
Kobicove:

Whatever convictions a player has against a beverage is his personal business.

He has no right to soil the image of their product in public.

Coca-Cola and Heineken have been around about 100 years each, at best an average footballer has 25years active playing life... this is one battle they can't win !
Read my recent posts above, they are applicable to yours. The only part I want to address is the underlined phrase. If some tobacco manufactures like Rothman can be defeated, Cocacola and Heineken can be.

But what I find surprising is that you arent saying their products are bad (you know they are bad, but it seems you accepted to be their slaves a long time ago), but how magnificent they are. Sir, Cocacola and Heiken are just 100 years old like you said,but the sport football is how old? If they are kicked off, the sport continues. Football is far older than both of them. I like your comment. These footballers are saying that they dont endorse them. Let them bring on sponsors who they know support theur health, and directly support the game positively. Soldier go, soldier come..that is the rule. We kick them out for killing us, that's an opportunity for new companies to give us quality. Microsoft was a giant, but apple kicked it off. Yahoo, msn, and AOL were the gods of instant messages, but facebook started bringing them down, and later instant mobile messages finished them (whatsapp). And Telegram and Signal are coming up to tackle WhatsApp. So, soldier go, soldier come.

Let us kick out Cocacola. I hate that company. Its evil. It has killed too many people. When Coke is tackled, all other associated products will be better. Better sugar to make sweets, cookies, biscuits, cakes, drinks, etc.. This is a huge win.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by henryobinna(m): 10:19am On Jun 18, 2021
gbami:
What happened to personal choice. Don't I have freedom to choose what's place in front of me or not? Don't I have the choice to advertise a healthy drink vs the poison called coca-cola, Pepsi, alcohol and other so called soft drinks?

We are loosing it...You can't twist my arm to advertise what I don't want to advertise. It is called freedom..
on another person's tournament, you don't have those rights. It's a contract which UEFA(and your team/country) had on your behalf.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 18, 2021
Chachamiliano:

The I guess you do not know a thing about consumption then. Mention on thing that doesn't have disadvantage(s) if taken excessively How many people have died of the consumption of refined sugar like you postulated? If I go by your logic, then no need to consume canned, or fast food. No need to consume drinks

I do not need to reply you again, obviously you are naive. And read my posts up. I just pray you do not become the health minister of Nigeria. You will render this nation extinct. Goodluck!
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by sukar886: 10:24am On Jun 18, 2021
If at all coca cola endorse him for there product,will he shift it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by frog12: 10:29am On Jun 18, 2021
wrong in what way

you are a lawyer right? please tell us !

unmask:
for every one player that turns it down, a million will be available to take it.

What CR7 did was wrong and we shouldn't be excusing it.

Uefa is just trying to be careful following the ESL debacle....at some other time, A strong worded waring or fine would appear
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:30am On Jun 18, 2021
stanliwise:

Well not easy to separate them, you can’t be a Christian and act outrightly naked scene just because your an actor.

There is most likely a line and an alternative. If it don’t exist you can’t be in two of them at same time

Very easy. It does not necessarily have to do with being a Christian. There are actors who don't act nude scenes. So no one will take such movies to them. If you don't want alcohol or coke standing in your front, you can refuse to do pressers or totally quit football.
Getting money from alcohol and being against it is pure hypocrisy. Just as we have in the north

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:35am On Jun 18, 2021
henryobinna:
how's ronaldo doing it for marketing purposes?

You don't bring down another man's business just to boost your own especially when they actually paid for it.
Well, if you know Ronaldo and his image rights, you'll know where I'm coming from.
He believes sitting behind a coke bottle is ultimately using his image to promote coke
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2021
Good
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Didi2d(m): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2021
Good move, they should even fine Ronald sef. That stunt na rubbish

1 Like

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by SmartyPants(m): 10:40am On Jun 18, 2021
CSTRR:
Exactly.

You are making big salaries but you are attacking the sponsors.

You are mad.

If you don't want to endorse Heineken, go and play in the middle East.

If Muslim players continue on this path,big clubs will begin to silently ignore them in the transfer market.

And they will start another campaign.

There is no salary for playing in the Euros. Heineken sponsors UEFA not France
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by DeltaMaddness: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2021
Make sense nor kill you my bro...Thumbs up!!! shocked grin[/color][color=#006600]
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Didi2d(m): 10:42am On Jun 18, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Well, if you know Ronaldo and his image rights, you'll know where I'm coming from.
He believes sitting behind a coke bottle is ultimately using his image to promote coke

But I still think Ronald was wrong on this one, no matter the image right he's got. He should know that once he's on that seat every product on that table has one way or the other contributed to the success of that tournament through sponsorship, Which means there is an agreement.

They should even sue him sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by henryobinna(m): 10:44am On Jun 18, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

well, if that's what he believes he should opt out of the competition. These companies sponsorship made them all what they are. Now they're feeling too big.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Adlac(m): 10:45am On Jun 18, 2021
sunshineV:
[s]pogba is a bloody hypocrite. he doesnt drink alcohol so he took the drink off the table but he plays a competition sponspored by the drink and get paid from their earnings, what level of nonsense is that? besides, who said he had to drink it? just give ur speech and leave but leave the drink alone. islam and hypocrisy [/s]

You are more bloody hypoc*** than Pogba. Why leaving behind Ronald of same accompalish.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by lawrenzi(m): 10:52am On Jun 18, 2021
They should sack them
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Renforce: 10:56am On Jun 18, 2021
Pathway2Gold:

I think that action Ronaldo took has really influenced many to drink more water. Personally, i developed sudden desire to drink more daily.

You are easily influenced my friend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by sowilli: 10:59am On Jun 18, 2021
Simple- To protect the interest of both parties, create a legal framework should players be willing to grant interviews. Its more of an endorsement than health interest.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Jeferious: 11:01am On Jun 18, 2021
styleewhyte:

Coke should have made a banner.. I don't support CR7 on that but let's take it this way... Make a banner.. The company's know what they are doing, You don't need to keep your drinks on the table. Players have faiths and believes.. And Many Fans look up to them... To see products they endorse

They can sponsor the tournament but don't need the Product on the table, it kinda implies the players take them...

If UEFA is this Naive to to warn countries... These top players will start turning down these press conferences... And that will be worse and they can use their platform against the company..
The companies sure know what they are doing, according to you. It's the players that I'm not sure if they are possessed or something. Something you can just ignore and peace will continue to reign. Maybe in your social media accounts, you can then declare your beliefs. So because I'm not a Catholic, I should go about defacing and pulling down statutes of the Holy Mary

Ronaldo, Pogba and Locatelli are a stupid bunch. They are even more stupid if they don't boycott the Euros and go home to sleep, since their personal beliefs are worth more than their career and money. The three of them are babies in adult bodies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Pravedk: 11:01am On Jun 18, 2021
I'm a core CR7 fan but what the guy did was pure arrogance.

Some people become made and start doing anyhow.

These sponsors spent money to make football enjoyable-Period.

Can gate fee charges alone pay players wages?
What is his business with coke if he only wants to drink water.

And that stupid Pogba, he craves to play in the champions league which is largely publicize by Heineken. Let him stop playing.
Hypocrite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Decency2020(f): 11:11am On Jun 18, 2021
In all DECENCY hypocrisy is when you go to club and consume alcohol only to remove the same product from table in front of cameras because you want to trend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by winterfell007(m): 11:11am On Jun 18, 2021
TangoPredict:

If players are to bet, it will spoil the beautiful game of football.

Imagine you are a player and you place a bet on yourself to collect yellow or red card then you go on to play and purposely play rough and you are carded thereby winning your bet, that's unfair and unethical.

Imagine if all players begin to do this, how will you enjoy games.

Imagine if you tell your followers to place same bet or all players do likewise, how will the beautiful game of football be enjoyed?

Are you minding the fool. Some people don't think things through, they don't have the mental capacity to understand why certain decisions were made.
What Ronaldo and Pogba did is highly reproachable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by grandstar(m): 11:14am On Jun 18, 2021
paddyDIGITAL:
Good move by UEFA. How will Advertisers make money to sponsor football events when players disrupt their advert campaigns?
So much arrogance by rich footballers.

No sponsorship, no football matches, no fat salary and bonuses, no super rich Ronaldo. Are you telling me all that Ronaldo drinks is water? These guys drink expensive wine; a bottle of wine that can buy a car. Now he's forming diet expert in public.
All of us know how to drink water. While you enjoy your life with expensive wine, leave us to make do with the coke we can afford. Life goes on.

If Pogba actually drank that wine put in front of him, that'll make him a very big hypocrite
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Chachamiliano: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I do not need to reply you again, obviously you are naive. And read my posts up. I just pray you do not become the health minister of Nigeria. You will render this nation extinct. Goodluck!

Uncle I will not diginify you with an insult. If you feel am naive pm your LinkedIn profile and I will drop mine. This is one of the major reasons I like having conversations on LinkedIn. Coke for instant have been in existence since 1886 and they exist in more than 100 countries where they have certified health care professionals, food technologist and government etc. Yet none have condemned or ban consumption of it or refined sugar. You sit there to call me naive Do you think Coke is a baby product? To even think of asserting me rendering a nation extinct chei.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Censored Picture Of Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey's Leg Break Against Stoke City / UEFA Europa League Round Of 16 Draw / AS Roma Appoints Jose Mourinho As Head Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.