Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

What Was Your Pregnancy Like? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Was Your Pregnancy Like? (25667 Views)

Natural Ways To Check Your Pregnancy Status At Home / 12 Practical Ways On How To Hide Your Pregnancy For 9 Months / Xcash Anthony: Save The Baby - Before You Interrupt Your Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Dikegodspower(m): 5:45pm On May 27, 2023
Ishilove:

Does this mean they were menstruating all through?

Good question
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Moneywirer: 6:32pm On May 27, 2023
Postinor:
hmm,all these single mothers

Shut up

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by missyblissy: 6:36pm On May 27, 2023
If you hqve a smooth pregnancy, Thank God as not all women will experience it. For me i thank God for strength and keeping strong everu single day. It is not easy. It is better when you have a responsible man by your side seeing you through everything. If you marry an irresponsible man, madam you go see shege!!!!

Single ladies please marry right ooo money is not everything, money will not hold you and pat you tenderly when you start having waist pain and that annoying muscle pull..... My dear make your love get brain, eyes, ears and nose to sniff off tye bad guys

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Uniquekriss(m): 6:37pm On May 27, 2023
JaneYave:
The sweetest annoying part is having to urinate when the sleep is sweetest, twice or more in cold weather.. Most times you hardly can sleep back immidiately. Make I reduce volume for this second one.In the early first trimester,my sexual urge can be so high,I will need sex so bad! Hope only ladies heard me?
hmmmmm, this woman. So how do u attend to those cravings of the early first trimester especially when uncle is not around?
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Uniquekriss(m): 6:39pm On May 27, 2023
cococandy:

Being single doesn’t affect my reproductive system does it?
just say you had a baby outside wedlock, it doesn't reduce u by admitting or calling it what it is, after all nobody is condemning u.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Postinor: 6:40pm On May 27, 2023
Moneywirer:

Shut up
hmm, are you a single mother
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by professore(m): 7:04pm On May 27, 2023
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Moneywirer: 8:08pm On May 27, 2023
Postinor:
hmm, are you a single mother

You need to grow up

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 8:44pm On May 27, 2023
Warl0ck:
Lol

Even people wey no get reproductive organs dey comment grin grin grin grin grin

grin
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 8:45pm On May 27, 2023
This thread brings memories. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by carinmom(f): 9:08pm On May 27, 2023
cococandy:

I’m so sorry love

Thank you dear.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by kiddkash(m): 9:50pm On May 27, 2023
cococandy:

It’s not the same for everyone and it’s not always the same symptoms for all the months of the pregnancy. In the beginning most women usually have a lot of nausea and that can affect appetite.

Different people different symptoms
Do they teach this during Ante-natal?
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by cococandy(f): 10:48pm On May 27, 2023
kiddkash:

Do they teach this during Ante-natal?
they should!
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by purples25(f): 10:48pm On May 27, 2023
I wasn't sick or anything so I started doubting if I was pregnant. I went for a scan and was surprised that he was actually there. I didn't have any spitting or all that, I worked throughout my preg.

But the last two months, the pressure of the baby's weight was really heavy/painful. Wherever I turned to when trying to sleep, he turned with me.

Funny addition, the only craving I had was me suddenly wanting fanta instead of coke, in those moments when I took the forbidden soda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Ekabobo: 11:08pm On May 27, 2023
I read tru all the pages and was suprised no one mentioned nose sensitivity...never knew what that meant till I got preggy... At exactly six weeks I cud smell things frm a mile off... D nose sensitivity heightened so that I cud smell Eva soap in d bathroom from d sitting room.. if I sat with smone on their period... I cud smell the soiled pad... I'd never seen anything like dat...in a bus filled filled with peopled my tummy wud be running riot with different scents... Hair cream... Stale hair attachment... Bad breath...sweaty armpit...sweaty shoes... Dirty sock... And stuffy leather handbags.... damp clothes...Hence I was always puking...

But fast-forward to eleven weeks it suddenly stopped... N I even had to have several scans cos I doubted I was till preggy...I became energetic... cud eat anytin... No pain... No tiredness... Cud run with two men on my back sef... I was so okay dat I kept scanning till twenty six weeks...had d most adorable baby girl...jus praying to enjoy this adventure one more time... Jus one more time.... It's epic!

9 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by placeofallure(f): 12:38am On May 28, 2023
It was chaotic from the word go. Let's just say there were good days and lotta abnormal days. My own is I couldn't eat anything, especially the first trimester. I vomit whatever - food, water, fruits just anything! This made me so sickly and weak. It was also nauseous as I couldn't stand the smell of most things. I stopped entering the kitchen. My mum brought food for us, hubby and me, most days. Our houses were close. My husband cooks when he could, cleans the house and does our laundry and attends to me, was really sick - In and out of hospital.

Later, my husband couldn't cope anymore so I moved back to my mom's place. He comes to check me every evening after work. I stopped going to work too. I got better here because my mom and siblings made sure I was lively and not alone. After the first few months, things returned to normal, not many hiccups afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by XAUBulls: 1:01am On May 28, 2023
cococandy:

No the edible one. Called nzu in igbo language

I had some sort of pica due to moderate anemia the pregnancy caused (moderate anemia is pretty normal during pregnancy) but I was always weak and couldn’t keep up my energy. So I had to take in extra iron supplement. The clay is a good source of it. Many pregnant women without realizing it usually crave the nutrient their body is missing.

Regular iron supplements from the pharmacy usually cause more nausea and gastrointestinal distress. I couldn’t stand those iron pills.
Oh, wow! That's interesting.
So, you ate "Ukwu Nzu"... Lol
You must be referring to kaolin.

By the way, Ukwu Nzu (OR called by the original Yoruba name, Eko Afun, which means white chalk) is an Olukumi town (which was first established centuries ago by Yoruba trading migrants and warriors who arrived in waves from Yorubaland via the Bini kingdom and Esanland) in Aniocha North LGA of Delta State that has deposits of a white chalky substance that has been mined by the natives for some centuries now.

Tbh, the cravings you women have during pregnancies is on another level.
It just blows my mind away anytime I read about the inconceivable things you folks crave for. A woman even said she had strong cravings for the smell and taste of wet sand!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by cococandy(f): 1:44am On May 28, 2023
Very interesting
XAUBulls:

Oh, wow! That's interesting.
So, you ate "Ukwu Nzu"... Lol
You must be referring to kaolin.

By the way, Ukwu Nzu (OR called by the original Yoruba name, Eko Afun, which means white chalk) is an Olukumi town (which was first established centuries ago by Yoruba trading migrants and warriors who arrived in waves from Yorubaland via the Bini kingdom and Esanland) in Aniocha North LGA of Delta State that has deposits of a white chalky substance that has been mined by the natives for some centuries now.

Tbh, the cravings you women have during pregnancies is on another level.
It just blows my mind away anytime I read about the inconceivable things you folks crave for. A woman even said she had strong cravings for the smell and taste of wet sand!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by ceeceeuwa: 5:08am On May 28, 2023
The size of my nose announces my pregnancy. Nausea in the first trimester. Energy surges in the second trimester... I'm always looking for heavy things to carry, like climbing stairs carrying 2 heavy buckets of water. The only thing that wasn't appealing was having that bitter taste in my mouth from day one till I put to birth . God bless all mothers!

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by xynerise: 7:04am On May 28, 2023
cococandy:
because of the nzu?
Yes
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by cococandy(f): 8:02am On May 28, 2023
grin No
xynerise:

Yes
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by dave247(m): 8:17am On May 28, 2023
PLEASE, IS HEADACHE AND BACK PAIN NORMAL ON FIRST PREGANCY?
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by xynerise: 10:25am On May 28, 2023
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by MechanicMike: 11:04am On May 28, 2023
Hathor5:
Every woman experiences pregnancy differently. What was yours like? If you already have several children, how were the pregnancies different/the same? What did you enjoy about being pregnant? What didn't you enjoy? What were the challenges?

angry
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by MechanicMike: 11:05am On May 28, 2023
Hathor5:
Every woman experiences pregnancy differently. What was yours like? If you already have several children, how were the pregnancies different/the same? What did you enjoy about being pregnant? What didn't you enjoy? What were the challenges?

well am not pregnant yet sir!!!(no offenscce) angry
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by simplepee(f): 2:38pm On May 28, 2023
Lovely thread. Taking notes 📝.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by XAUBulls: 9:04pm On May 28, 2023
cococandy:
Very interesting
Indeed... You are welcome. wink
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 9:08am On May 29, 2023
Ekabobo:
I read tru all the pages and was suprised no one mentioned nose sensitivity...never knew what that meant till I got preggy... At exactly six weeks I cud smell things frm a mile off... D nose sensitivity heightened so that I cud smell Eva soap in d bathroom from d sitting room.. if I sat with smone on their period... I cud smell the soiled pad... I'd never seen anything like dat...in a bus filled filled with peopled my tummy wud be running riot with different scents... Hair cream... Stale hair attachment... Bad breath...sweaty armpit...sweaty shoes... Dirty sock... And stuffy leather handbags.... damp clothes...Hence I was always puking...

But fast-forward to eleven weeks it suddenly stopped... N I even had to have several scans cos I doubted I was till preggy...I became energetic... cud eat anytin... No pain... No tiredness... Cud run with two men on my back sef... I was so okay dat I kept scanning till twenty six weeks...had d most adorable baby girl...jus praying to enjoy this adventure one more time... Jus one more time.... It's epic!

Yours is strong in the very sense of the word. grin

Good it lasted only the first trimester.

I was expecting high nose sensitivity when I got pregnant but I didn`t have it.
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 9:08am On May 29, 2023
dave247:
PLEASE, IS HEADACHE AND BACK PAIN NORMAL ON FIRST PREGANCY?

My headaches in the first trimester were really bad. sad

Don`t know about back pain.
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 9:10am On May 29, 2023
ceeceeuwa:
The size of my nose announces my pregnancy. Nausea in the first trimester. Energy surges in the second trimester... I'm always looking for heavy things to carry, like climbing stairs carrying 2 heavy buckets of water. The only thing that wasn't appealing was having that bitter taste in my mouth from day one till I put to birth . God bless all mothers!

You are looking for heavy things to carry? grin

I loved the second trimester. A cute (not over-sized belly like in the third trimester grin ), cute dresses, glowing skin, lots of energy. It was the best trimester. smiley
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 9:12am On May 29, 2023
placeofallure:
It was chaotic from the word go. Let's just say there were good days and lotta abnormal days. My own is I couldn't eat anything, especially the first trimester. I vomit whatever - food, water, fruits just anything! This made me so sickly and weak. It was also nauseous as I couldn't stand the smell of most things. I stopped entering the kitchen. My mum brought food for us, hubby and me, most days. Our houses were close. My husband cooks when he could, cleans the house and does our laundry and attends to me, was really sick - In and out of hospital.

Later, my husband couldn't cope anymore so I moved back to my mom's place. He comes to check me every evening after work. I stopped going to work too. I got better here because my mom and siblings made sure I was lively and not alone. After the first few months, things returned to normal, not many hiccups afterwards.

It`s good to have a strong support system. Hope the bundle of joy has made the strenuous part more than worth it? smiley
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 9:13am On May 29, 2023
Ishilove:

Does this mean they were menstruating all through?

I read a few weeks ago that it is not possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Falls Inside A Gutter After Getting Drunk In ajangbadi, Lagos / Fake Doctor Dupes Cancer Patient Of N4 Million (Photo) / Man Used His Last Cash To Rescue A Trader Left To Die In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.