Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? (54351 Views)

I Swear I Didn't Know Buhari Would Be This Useless / Video Of Helicopter Accompanying A Train In Nigeria Causes Stir On Social Media / Our Economy Failing Because Investors Know Buhari Not In Charge-bukola Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by nitt: 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

You must be typing from your farm! Tueh!!

A government that wants everyone to go into farming, is that one government? What about other areas of the economy? I guess we should leave it to your village people!

Every Nigerian must come out en mass and expose the falsehood of this government like any other government. It is a task that must be done!!

Yes, I farm FYI.

Nigerians find excuses to cover their ineptitude.

Yes! There are cases of insecurity but these are 90% prevalent in the rural areas.

Get off nairaland and take action.

Stop being a Lazy youth!

3 Likes

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Aduroja123(m): 12:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
Rissamenti:

There's more to life than 'politicians'.

Stop letting them dominate your mind and existence.

Instead, think about how you could leverage this project and be creative or productive.

Nigeria will benefit more from that than from your ....disgruntlement.

Fulani herdsmen right now

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by nitt: 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
ArewaWife:

How do you expect a poor person to afford tractor to farm. Or you expect the person to go and farm with hoe and cutlass?
Is that how developed countries operate. How can nigetia compete favourably with other countries when you want to send people to farm without modern farming machines to increase output. Or you want then to do subsistence farming and just live hand to mouth, no dreams of a better future for themselves and family. Something you yourself cannot pray for your family to do, you'll open your mouth waaa and tell others to go and farm. When herdsmen kill them on the farm or destroy their crops you'll deny saying where are the cows.

Irony!

The poor people are the ones going out to farm.

They are not here on nairaland waiting for tractors from the government.

If life feeds you lemons make lemonade.

The situation is not perfect, far from it. But, that doesn't also mean we should not make use of the little opportunity to do something meaningful.

If your constant whining won't change the situation, why not chin up & do the little you can within your own small environment.

Start from there!

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by emonis88: 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
9jaRealist:

VAT is INDIRECT (consumption) taxation…
And I specifically noted WITHHOLDING (direct) taxation, which is what your company/clients deduct.

The percentage of Nigerians subject to withholding taxes are relatively small compared to income earners (including but not limited to self-employed and informal earners) and the size of the economy. Again, it speaks volumes that Nigeria has the LOWEST tax base in all of Africa.

Meanwhile, speaking of VAT, Nigeria has the LOWEST VAT rate in the entire ECOWAS subregion (including dirt poor countries like The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Togo, Guniea-Bissau, etc.), and probably one of the (if not the) lowest in all of Africa. As previously pointed out VAT is a CONSUMPTION tax. In effect, if you do not consume you do not pay VAT. However, VAT in Nigeria specifically excludes food, medicines, rent, school fees and other educational expenses, public transportation, agricultural products and expenses, etc. It is also ONLY applicable to businesses generating over N20 million in yearly revenues (meaning that it does NOT apply to products/services bought from small and medium scale businesses - which is probably the MAJORITY of Nigerian businesses). Accordingly, VAT in Nigeria only applies to a handful of goods/services used by most average Nigerians (and probably a MINORITY of the population), and thus bemoaning about VAT charges seems more than a wee bit misplaced (and frankly self-serving) in light of the public services that you expect in return.

If Nigerians are still moaning in 50 years about basic things like water, roads, electricity, healthcare, etc. on Nairaland (or elsewhere), they only have to look at THEMSELVES (and I realize that critical introspection is difficult for most Nigerians) - and not least because tomorrow’s leaders are today’s followers and tomorrow’s elite are today’s masses. Nigeria’s leaders are not from Mars but are Nigerians from Nigeria who emerge from the general population (and often reflect the mores and values of the larger society). A political (or indeed any other) “system” does not exist on its own or in isolation. In fact, a “system” only exists when it is operational - that is, when human beings start running the said “system”. Accordingly, to blame the “system” gravely misses the point. NIGERIANS (the human beings) are the problem, not a nebulous and amorphous “system”. Without this basic starting point, we might as well be pissing against the wind!
>
So only few Nigerians make calls , send texts or use data. Is vat not charged on calls , texts n data? Electricity is used by all , a beg is vat not charged on electricity? Next thing u I'll say is dat d poor should live in darkness n not also make calls if they can't afford d vat.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Ijscarface: 12:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
We are so unfortunate in this country and continent
The problem of Africa and Nigeria especially is LEADERSHIP nothing else. Is it that this administration doesnt have advisers. Why always put the cart before the horse. How on earth do you begin to set up a plant for railway wagons when you do not produce steel. How? How? Howwww? . Nigeria will remain backward until we begin to produce steel. The reason is this.
If you make a great design you need steel to mass produce it, either as end product or as machine for production.
As long as we import steel.you cant beat china because Chinese steel is the cheapest. And if your production is not targeted at reaching continental demand why start in the first place
this is a total waste of time resources and manpower. It has failed even before it began.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by chukel(m): 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Heav89:

You are Mad
I got almost kidnapped yesterday

At least 1000 Robery incident everyday in Lagos alone

Maybe when it hit your family members you will realize
but do you know you guys are really senseless and demented. No insults. You are one of those who occupied Lagos shouting endsars. Sars has ended and the criminals you guys empowered have taken over and you are complaining. Enjoy the consequencies of your actions. Stupidity has really come to stay.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by TruthinAction: 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
They should start with the production of try circles aka Keke na pep which we import in hundreds of thousands. And many other household items we consume daily.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Princedapace(m): 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
Basher8583:

If truly you don't want to blame your governor then what exactly is the job of a governor.
If it is that useless then it should be scrapped.

Also advise you to stop speaking ignorantly and get your facts right. That will help you to throw your blames to the right channel.

The FG will not do the job of a Governor just to please you.

Oga, the FG holds too much power. Grant states more powers. FG controls electrricty which is a driving force for any economy. As a state govenor, no matter how much u invest in electricity, FG controls it so, u cant have the eletricity for ur state alone. This is a major factor. Poeple dont know. Nigeria's system is unitary. The governors are chief security officers for nothing. Even a minister can make a mess of a governor from Abuja. The security heads in states are only answrable to Abuja and to maintain keep book, these governors wont bark becus their security formations in their states are controlled by FG. This is wrong. Very wrong.

FG earns more than the states and controls major taxations. This is wrong. very wrong. FG is in Abuja and has no idea what the people in various states are going thru.

Wike lamented how he spent multi millions of Rivers money to quip the military in Rivers state, Abuja powers took the same equipments he paid for in Rivers state for Rivers security, the same equipments were taken to north till date. That is becus Abuja is more powerful and like I said, a minister can make a mess of u. The security votes paid to governors are like free money. They dont have control over their own security.

If u see how governors keep running up and down when they have crises in their states, if u see how they keep dialing numbers in Abuja to get approval, sorry is their name if they are not in good book with the ruling party. This is rubbish. I just mentioned two important sectors that states have no control over: Elelctricity, security, taxation by FG. I mentioned three. So, my governor is powerless and is enjoying mainly free money. U people are not ready for the truth.

Take instance of international flight lincense. Stuff that can boost the economy of a zone is strictly in the hands of FG. And FG plays politics and ethnic games with it. This is rubbish. governors cant do so much becus they are restricted by law. If they do it, they wont get license to operate it and it becomes a waste.

Nigeria cant work.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by neyyoh: 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
9jaRealist:

VAT is INDIRECT (consumption) taxation…
And I specifically noted WITHHOLDING (direct) taxation, which is what your company/clients deduct.

The percentage of Nigerians subject to withholding taxes are relatively small compared to income earners (including but not limited to self-employed and informal earners) and the size of the economy. Again, it speaks volumes that Nigeria has the LOWEST tax base in all of Africa.

Meanwhile, speaking of VAT, Nigeria has the LOWEST VAT rate in the entire ECOWAS subregion (including dirt poor countries like The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Togo, Guniea-Bissau, etc.), and probably one of the (if not the) lowest in all of Africa. As previously pointed out VAT is a CONSUMPTION tax. In effect, if you do not consume you do not pay VAT. However, VAT in Nigeria specifically excludes food, medicines, rent, school fees and other educational expenses, public transportation, agricultural products and expenses, etc. It is also ONLY applicable to businesses generating over N20 million in yearly revenues (meaning that it does NOT apply to products/services bought from small and medium scale businesses - which is probably the MAJORITY of Nigerian businesses). Accordingly, VAT in Nigeria only applies to a handful of goods/services used by most average Nigerians (and probably a MINORITY of the population), and thus bemoaning about VAT charges seems more than a wee bit misplaced (and frankly self-serving) in light of the public services that you expect in return.

If Nigerians are still moaning in 50 years about basic things like water, roads, electricity, healthcare, etc. on Nairaland (or elsewhere), they only have to look at THEMSELVES (and I realize that critical introspection is difficult for most Nigerians) - and not least because tomorrow’s leaders are today’s followers and tomorrow’s elite are today’s masses. Nigeria’s leaders are not from Mars but are Nigerians from Nigeria who emerge from the general population (and often reflect the mores and values of the larger society). A political (or indeed any other) “system” does not exist on its own or in isolation. In fact, a “system” only exists when it is operational - that is, when human beings start running the said “system”. Accordingly, to blame the “system” gravely misses the point. NIGERIANS (the human beings) are the problem, not a nebulous and amorphous “system”. Without this basic starting point, we might as well be pissing against the wind!
>

You deserve a lovely bottle of whiskey for this.

They won't listen though, I have reduced them to exactly what was described here.

Moaners!.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by chukel(m): 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
PIMPAR:

If I have listened to propagandist like you, I wouldn't have left my comfort home zone to other zones for my business transactions.
It's over 6 weeks now, I have virtually moved round to 10 states for my business development.
I have neither encountered Robbers or any Fulani herdsmen on the roads. From Taraba, to Benue ,to Kano, Rivers, Delta, to Nassarawa, Enugu, Imo and others
You all remain in your comfort zone and allow these media houses to overblow the insecurity for you in Nigeria.
You want us to believe as if the roads in Nigeria have been taken over by kidnappers.
God bless you. comments on this thread shows we have an abundance of young lunatics in this country. I really pity for the future. Idiots who want to sit lazily in their homes and government will feed them and give them exotic cars to ride. Fools who have smart phones and internet and yet can't put them to legitimate productive use.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by 9jaRealist: 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
emonis88:
So only few Nigerians make calls , send texts or use data. Is vat not charged on calls , texts n data? Electricity is used by all , a beg is vat not charged on electricity? Next thing u I'll say is dat d poor should live in darkness n not also make calls if they can't afford d vat.

Nigeria cannot afford to be a tax-free nation (again, it already has the LOWEST VAT rate in ECOWAS)…
Revenue from taxes are necessary to make the infrastructural (physical and social) investment badly needed in Nigeria.

As noted however, VAT is a consumption tax, so the more you consume the more you pay…
While not completely avoidable, consumption taxes are fairer because the consumer can better control (even if not eliminate) it.

Nevertheless, the BASICS of life are excluded - food, medicine, education, rent, etc. (didn’t know electricity isn’t excluded)…
But, yes, the MAJORITY of Nigerians are not gulping up data on NL/Internet. And if you wan’t to spend all night “toasting”, pay for it.
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by SouthSouth1914: 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
nitt:

Yes, I farm FYI.

Nigerians find excuses to cover their ineptitude.

Yes! There are cases of insecurity but these are 90% prevalent in the rural areas.

Get off nairaland and take action.

Stop being a Lazy youth!

Just read your comments filled with irresponsibility like your zombie folks! Is that your brain is leaking or what? Must everyone be farming in other to please your useless leader’s rhetoric that you are neck deep in his ass?

I remember now that it takes so much to be a zombie!
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by akaahs(m): 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
Rissamenti:

We are alive. Stop relying on what you read in the media that overblows everything negative.

How many of us have been hurt, or personally know anyone that's been hurt in any violence?

Less than 1%, I'm sure.

Make we hear word abeg.
The less than 1% hurt ll visit u, family and relatives then u understand how they feel. Ode
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Awoo88: 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
Dem don start!!! Buhari don dey campaign for third term. There are plenty zombies who are willing to swear by their mother's grave that 2015 con was a misunderstanding.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Iykenuwa(m): 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
Rissamenti:

[s]We are alive. Stop relying on what you read in the media that overblows everything negative.

How many of us have been hurt, or personally know anyone that's been hurt in any violence?

Less than 1%, I'm sure.

Make we hear word abeg.[/s]

I have 50,000 for you if you can go from Abuja to Maiduguri by road and back. I will reimburse your transport fare as well.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Basher8583: 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
Princedapace:

Oga, the FG holds too much power. Grant states more powers. FG controls electrricty which is a driving force for any economy. As a state govenor, no matter how much u invest in electricity, FG controls it so, u cant have the eletricity for ur state alone. This is a major factor. Poeple dont know. Nigeria's system is unitary. The governors are chief security officers for nothing. Even a minister can make a mess of a governor from Abuja. The security heads in states are only answrable to Abuja and to maintain keep book, these governors wont bark becus their security formations in their states are controlled by FG. This is wrong. Very wrong.

FG earns more than the states and controls major taxations. This is wrong. very wrong. FG is in Abuja and has no idea what the people in various states are going thru.

Wike lamented how he spent multi millions of Rivers money to quip the military in Rivers state, Abuja powers took the same equipments he paid for in Rivers state for Rivers security, the same equipments were taken to north till date. That is becus Abuja is more powerful and like I said, a minister can make a mess of u. The security votes paid to governors are like free money. They dont have control over their own security.

If u see how governors keep running up and down when they have crises in their states, if u see how they keep dialing numbers in Abuja to get approval, sorry is their name if they are not in good book with the ruling party. This is rubbish. I just mentioned two important sectors that states have no control over: Elelctricity, security, taxation by FG. I mentioned three. So, my governor is powerless and is enjoying mainly free money. U people are not ready for the truth.

Take instance of international flight lincense. Stuff that can boost the economy of a zone is strictly in the hands of FG. And FG plays politics and ethnic games with it. This is rubbish. governors cant do so much becus they are restricted by law. If they do it, they wont get license to operate it and it becomes a waste.

Nigeria cant work.

From what I see you typing it's obvious this is going to be an unproductive argument

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by zoghys: 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
Commentor:

We are saying the same thing.

We are all going to stop work until this matter is addressed.

I'm with you.

Who is holding you down?, continue work now. Shioor
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by chukel(m): 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
Princedapace:

U hold leaders to ransom becus they are paid to provide leadership. U cant hold the ordinary man on the street to ransom becus he is not getting paid.

Our leaders are among the highest paid on earth and they are paid to provide us with basic things.
If those who are paid to their job did it, there wont be boko haram boys or kanu boys as u said.

We can never ever except the leaders. They intentionally refused to educate the poeple so that they will always have tools.
misterone, look at the daft you have been responding to. Just look at his first paragraph. How did we raise such things in this society. How? God, how?
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by chukel(m): 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
Basher8583:

From what I see you typing it's obvious this is going to be an unproductive argument
the guy is a lunatic. You may actually be arguing with a primary school kid. Do they still teach social studies and government in schools? Cos I just can't understand the reasoning of these things.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Princedapace(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
chukel:
misterone, look at the daft you have been responding to. Just look at his first paragraph. How did we raise such things in this society. How? God, how?

I don't get it? If govt had provided education to the people of the north, no one will be foolish enough to accept to join Boko Haram. So what are you saying? One of the biggest challenges of our country is terrible educational system and extreme poverty. These two have made many people available for foolish crimes.

I read an article where the author stated that after independence in Africa, many African leaders were encouraged not to invest in the education of their people and wallow them into poverty. That this way, the populace will never know their left from their right.
This is simple logic. Poor education leads to poverty and this causes terrible crime rate, poor citizenship, among others. So, why are u abusing me?
Leaders were paid to provide quality education but they have failed. They even ran away from using the same educational system we paid them to create because they know that the system is wack.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Perfectbeing(m): 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
adecz:

APC "accomplishments" are
always fake.

Since dem come power, they have
only Commissioned PDP projects that
were 95% completed before change
of government.

PDP were working & chopping.

APC borrow money & chop it silently
with everybody afraid to blow them
Whistle.

So you mean for 16 years PDP could only build up to 95% and never 100%?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by chukel(m): 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
9jaRealist:

PS: Btw, I noticed your reference to (indirect) VAR taxes, instead of direct (income, corporate or other direct taxes). Yet, it sounds as if your doing pretty well materially (private estate, etc.). Without presumption or prejudice (and assuming that you actually and timely payment all of your due taxes), the propensity of the average Nigerian to EVADE taxes is one of the contributing factors for the paucity of public services. The fact is that Nigeria reportedly has the LOWEST tax to GDP ratio in all of Africa (yes, even lower than many very poor African nations) speaks volumes. The reality is that, outside of the civil service and those subject to PAYE withholding taxes, the greater majority of income-earning Nigerians (in formal and informal employment or self-employment) ACTIVELY EVADE paying their due taxes or notoriously underpay (when/if they pay at all) - and yet everyone seems to expect world-class public services. Of course, a big reason is the Culture of Entitlement cultivated by the oil windfall that the overwhelming majority of Nigerians do not contribute to in any way at all!

I am well aware that many Nigerians would argue that they do (or should) not pay taxes because there is little or no evidence of tax revenues being put to good use or that said revenues are more than likely to be embezzled, but such an argument only renders the citizens just as culpable the rulers (I am loathe to refer to these lot as actual leaders). Every nation/society is a social construct built upon the basic premise of rights and responsibilities, perhaps best manifested the so-called “social contract” between the government and the governed. But every contract requires “consideration” - which means that you have to provide something to get something in return. Accordingly, when citizens fail to pay timely and fully pay their due taxes, it is not only a moral failing in the basic tenets of citizenship (those taxes can be likened to equity investment in the nation, from which citizens expect some form of returns) but also a more legalistic failure to uphold one’s obligations under the “social contract” - and consequently strips such derelict citizens of any (moral or other) right to complain.

Unfortunately, so many Nigerians have this rather weird notion of citizenship, whereunder citizens enjoy only rights but do not bear commensurate responsibilities. Yet, as with most of human experience, one most often gets what one pays for - and that’s if you’re lucky! Furthermore, Nigerians have a rather grave misconception of the resources available to the state (even if politicians did not steal a significant portion of public resources). Just for perspective, the US expended over $4 trillion just on healthcare last year (2020) and yet could not guarantee access to healthcare (or adequate and affordable healthcare) to all of its citizens - including to many actual taxpayers! Accordingly, even if Nigeria spent every single cent it earned from oil and gas sales ($32.6 billion in 2018, even before the pandemic decimated revenues in 2020, and for perspective Kuwait made $60.7 billion same year with a population of only 1 million nationals) solely on healthcare and neglected everything else, the government still wouldn’t have anywhere near the revenues to provide the sort of world-class healthcare across the nation and across all strata of society (even if the politicians did not steal a penny).

While fully cognizant of the gross failures of governments in Nigeria, it is sometimes irritating that Nigerians often act as if they have absolutely no agency in their own fortune (or perhaps more accurately, misfortune) - even discounting that the poorest Nigerians are often the most fervent supporters/voters of “Sai Baba” and the political elite, and even the supposedly educated class and/or middle-class will fanatically defend their “own” (defined by tribal, religious or such other base or primordial affiliation) in almost all circumstances (including corruption charges). Yet, every single CHALLENGE in our nation is also an OPPORTUNITY - and as life experience has amply illustrated, the most successful people and organizations are those who address or otherwise help solve challenges. In Nigeria, our eyes are too clouded with the torrent of tears from our wailing about our challenges that we fail to see opportunities arising therefrom.

With all due respect, the saying that every society DESERVES the leadership it gets couldn’t be more aptly demonstrated than in Nigeria!
>
God bless you for this painstaking response. We have a huge number of irresponsible citizens which reflects in every sphere of our lives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Commentor: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
zoghys:

Who is holding you down?, continue work now. Shioor

Shuuu, see argument.

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by zoghys: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Commentor:

Shuuu, see argument.

Who is arguing with who?. Guy, go do some laundry, mummy needs you to wash your underwear.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Commentor: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
zoghys:

Who is arguing with who?. Guy, go do some laundry, mummy needs you to wash your underwear.

My laundry is easy.

The washing machine does it all.

Plus, I thought we weren't doing any work till this issue is addressed.

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by chukel(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
Princedapace:

I don't get it? If govt had provided education to the people of the north, no one will be foolish enough to accept to join Boko Haram. So what are you saying? One of the biggest challenges of our country is terrible educational system and extreme poverty. These two have made many people available for foolish crimes.

I read an article where the author stated that after independence in Africa, many African leaders were encouraged not to invest in the education of their people and wallow them into poverty. That this way, the populace will never know their left from their right.
This is simple logic. Poor education leads to poverty and this causes terrible crime rate, poor citizenship, among others. So, why are u abusing me?
Leaders were paid to provide quality education but they have failed. They even ran away from using the same educational system we paid them to create because they know that the system is wack.
now let's be civil and reason. Do you think government is not providing education? Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria? Do you know the cost of education in the U.S and so called saner climes? It's really ridiculous when you guys make bogus and unfounded claims. Do you know U.S has a higher number of uneducated (in terms of going to school) than Nigeria? Primary education in Nigeria is free. Secondary Education is highly subsidised. Some state Governors even pay for waec and neco exams for students. Tuition fee in federal tertiary institutions is highly subsidised. Until you travel outside to sponsor your own education, you won't appreciate what you have. That said, the quality of education is poor. We have very low intellectually capable teachers. That is the truth. Teachers who do not impart knowledge. Teachers who only teach for the pay and not the passion. We have teachers who are unfit to teach. We have maintained an old curriculum phased out by time. I was looking at a project topic given to a student by her lecturer and I instantly became weak. I even got sick when I learnt it was approved by the HOD and a panel. A topic which had no bearing to her study and of no societal importance. This is the problem with our education. Governor Elrufia identified this problem and decided to weed out those who have no business teaching from the teaching profession. In our usual way as irresponsible Nigerians who have no inkling on proferring solution, we politicised it. We the citizens are the problem of this nation, not "government or system" as we term it. Who runs the government or system? If you do not know the ideologies and root cause of boko haram, please do not delve into it. Poverty no doubt has a role in crime but not in its entirety. Else the guys in saner climes who push drugs, steal cars, engage in cybercrimes won't do that. We have a serious and deadly decline in morals. Poverty should actually push one to strive for hard work in order to break loose of the poverty. This applies where there is moral. I will end with this. I had an uncle who was raised in a poverty stricken home in the 50's. He couldn't go to school cos there was no means. But he would borrow books of those who went to school and read. Eventually he raised money for A level exam as it were in those days from doing vulcanizer job. He passed. He got FG scholarship and was sent to Bulgaria to study. Came back and was employed in ajaokuta steel company. Company folded and he came to owerri where he gave birth to his children and raised all of them up comfortably. He broke thru the shackles of poverty. This is what poverty should push one who has morals to and not crime. He is late though, but he left legacies behind.
Addendum: I believe you are well educated. Please research and read widely about student loans in U.S and other western countries.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Ryan14(m): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hi
Rissamenti:
Nigeria To Wave Goodbye To Imported Trains, and Build Them IN NIGERIA Instead.
Mr President is a man of few words, which is why news like this always surprises Nigerians. wink

But as we're speaking, Nigeria is building a HUGE plant in Kajola, Ogun State, for the manufacturing of railway stock including railway coaches and other railway equipment.

The manufacturing plant is part of the conditionalities Mr President gave to the Chinese company CCECC, before they could undertake all these railway projects we are seeing today.

The railway manufacturing plant construction was inaugurated by VP Prof. YemI Osinbajo in 2019, with very little fanfare or extravagance, just like many of Buhari's silent but highly transformative projects set to take this country to the next level.

Kudos Mr President, and VP Osinbajo, on this great stride in our march to industrialisation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5goHu8cW5M

Kajola Rail Wagon Assembly Plant to Create 5,000 Jobs - Osinbajo

The Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo says the Rail Wagon Assembly Plant construction in Nigeria will generate about 5,000 direct and indirect jobs when completed and boost socio-economic activities.

Osinbajo made this disclosure while performing the Official Ground Breaking Ceremony for the construction of the plant in Kajola, Ogun on Saturday.

The Nigerian vice president Osinbajo speaking about the Rail Wagon Assembly Plant construction said: "The plant which is a private investment to be undertaken by Messers CCECC, is central in the production of rolling stock, spare parts and maintenance of equipment needed for the railway modernisation programme being implemented by this administration.

"This ceremony is not just another event, it is a historic turning point. For us, the railway is not only an alternative and comfortable mode of travel.

"It holds the master key to transforming commerce in Nigeria and across the continent. By linking our ports to rail lines and now, building the rolling stock locally, import and export business within, into and out of Africa's largest market will never be the same.

"When completed, it is expected that the plant would produce some parts of the wagons for the Lagos-Ibadan and Abuja-Kaduna rail lines, but also for the central rail lines and to satisfy the needs of other rail operators within the West- African sub-region.

"The plant would offer an important platform for engineers, technicians, artisans and other professionals to gain the specialized skills required for the production and maintenance of rolling stock.

"This will invariably conduce to spin-off businesses in the region of operation and across the country wherever rail networks are in existence.

"The plant is expected to generate about five thousand (5,000) direct and indirect jobs," Osinbajo said.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201911100092.html

"The plant which is a private investment to be undertaken by Messers CCECC,"

Private?
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by zoghys: 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
[quote author=Commentor post=102880358]

My laundry is easy.

The washing machine does it all.

Plus, I thought we weren't doing any work till this issue is addressed.

[/quot

Sure you are, and when it's time for the little man's game, I will surely call you. Come on, go on now.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by alllivesmatter(m): 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
Commentor:

What percentage do you think?

Do you know how percentages work?
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Commentor: 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
alllivesmatter:

Do you know how percentages work?

Eh?

Something over a hundred.

So....?
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by PAQ(m): 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
Rissamenti:

We are alive. Stop relying on what you read in the media that overblows everything negative.

Less than 1%, I'm sure.

Make we hear word abeg.

We really need more of this to boost employment, at the stage we are in, any development is good development. Even if na tooth pick manufacturing. We need employment opportunities to engage our youth and reward them accordingly.

Its time Nigerian youth stop blaming government (past & present) for years of failure but look at what they can do (against all odds) for Nigeria and ourselves at large.

You become a Victim when you blame yourself or others for some problem or error.

Just like one of John F. Kennedy's famous quotes; “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country,”.

I quote you because from your second paragraph you sound insensitive. Its wrong for you to make such assertions. I have families, friends and colleagues who have been directly affected and hurt physically, emotionally, psychologically & financially by the current violence & insecurity faced today. Since its obvious you and people around your immediate circle is yet to be affected, just be thankful to God and pray it remains that way.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by neyyoh: 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2021
They will blame the government for everything but fail to understand they're the architect of their problems.

Money is everywhere!

For instance, i can afford to sponsor 10 guy's by buying them cars to start bolt but can i trust them?

Exactly the same reason why fdi is low.

Change una ways and stop blaming the government and system, the government come from you and the system is manned by you.

Emotional rant but had to be said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' / Tinubu Addresses #istandwithnigeria Protesters Led To Him By Moremi Ojudu(video) / Rashida Yahaya Bello Posts About Iftar On Twitter And Got These Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.