Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? (54372 Views)

I Swear I Didn't Know Buhari Would Be This Useless / Video Of Helicopter Accompanying A Train In Nigeria Causes Stir On Social Media / Our Economy Failing Because Investors Know Buhari Not In Charge-bukola Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by GEEBITE: 11:02am On Jun 19, 2021
He is a paid apologist..This is a private Investment the
funny people are trying to claim the glory.
LockDown69:
OP, your heading says "Train manufacturing plant" and later you said it's "Railway manufacturing plant"??
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by omokab: 11:03am On Jun 19, 2021
Dmarkz:
sir with all due respect, I'm not a religious bigot or ethnic slave. We are not having a good time with the people we elected into power. Period!

Killing aside, how much is ordinary Pure water in your Area
blame our people on the cost of pure water and some other goods. A bag of pure water from company is 150 while sellers sell it 400 naira. Gain 250 naira on a bag of purr water.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Misterone: 11:04am On Jun 19, 2021
GEEBITE:
"The plant which is a private investment to be undertaken by Messrs CCEEC" You can not fool all the people. Why did you have to make a deceptive headline Buhari is building a manufacturing plant when it is not the case.
Give honor to whom honor is due. The other day, you guys were Yabbing Buhari because Twitter did not site their headquarters in Nigeria. How is that his fault when he is not the owner. Now, If you can blame Buhari for twitter, Praise him for this marvellous project.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Princedapace(m): 11:09am On Jun 19, 2021
Misterone:
Leaders! leaders!! Trash. The problem of this country is not with the leaders but the citizens. A leader is but one person. He can do no Sh!t without his Zombies. Take a look at Lamidi Kanu. He is in London Fucking his wife while at the same time telling youths in Nigeria to donate their wealth and lives to a cause that makes no sense.

U hold leaders to ransom becus they are paid to provide leadership. U cant hold the ordinary man on the street to ransom becus he is not getting paid.

Our leaders are among the highest paid on earth and they are paid to provide us with basic things.
If those who are paid to their job did it, there wont be boko haram boys or kanu boys as u said.

We can never ever except the leaders. They intentionally refused to educate the poeple so that they will always have tools.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Orosotare(m): 11:09am On Jun 19, 2021
bcus you sit at the comfort of ur home and type you think everything is alright? Or maybe you are in Lagos or abuja were it is peaceful you think the media is exaggerating I am a victim of fulani crisis rut now my family can't pay I and my siblings fees we are at home no food no sch
Rissamenti:

We are alive. Stop relying on what you read in the media that overblows everything negative.

How many of us have been hurt, or personally know anyone that's been hurt in any violence?

Less than 1%, I'm sure.

Make we hear word abeg.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by jamesharryson(m): 11:10am On Jun 19, 2021
Rissamenti:

Hype merchant. 99. 9% of farms in Nigeria have NOT been taken over by anybody. Millions of Nigerians are going to their farms daily and returning home safe and sound.

Excuse making experts.

40,000 people get shot dead each year in the USA.

But if they give you visa you will rush there tonight.

Someone should help me tell this nincompoop that he is very st*pid.
Who are the Nigerians going to farm? In my village in particular, 85% of the farmers do not go to farm again ever since 43 farmers were killed in the farm and also 6 ladies were raped while working in the farm by your Fulani fools.
You are here comparing Nigeria with USA! Worst of US is far much better than the best of Nigeria. Argue with Google. Stop praising this administration, the truth is that they are devil incarnate
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Rickywardell332: 11:14am On Jun 19, 2021
Nice one Mr president...... if you are in Rivers state and you need a land for poultry and fish farm . Or a place to buy and build. I have 2plots for sell in umuechem Etche Lga Rives state. 090. 794. 23938 . Very affordable 1m per plot if you buy 2 i will give you 1.8m for the two. Its close to the road side.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by cassette(m): 11:28am On Jun 19, 2021
[[s]quote author=EgunMogaji2 post=102871228]

Yes I know. I don’t say much because street urchins on here with cheap Chinese phones and awoof data will call their father a BMC.

The guy is really tying. I wish he can just release the military on the security issue.[/quote][/s]

Yeah you are a BMC Zombie ! Deal with it , stay far away in the abroad and wait until the insecurity reaches your loved ones then come and make this comment again

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Dex4(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2021
Why is it secret? Is he using his money to do it? They should say it out so people follow the progress for accountability,abi na them be God?
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by 9jaRealist: 11:35am On Jun 19, 2021
Princedapace:
oga, may ur life be like Nigeria. Nigerian leaders are wicked. over 30 people killed in a community in Oyo state, over 100 slaughtered in Benue last week. In fact, last week, over 400 Nigerians were slaughtered. Poeple like u must be the ones telling leaders that all is well.

Oga, all is not well. Nigeria is too big to be managed as a unitary system.

I had to pay heavily for solar and inverter system to power my apartment. This is not fair. No stable electricity, we also pay private security to guide our place. Terrible. Infact, many communities and areas in Nigeria will be robbed for hours and no security on sight.

Even the politicians u defend dont trust Nigeria that is why they cant move around without heavy security even in their domains.

That is why they always travel abroad for medicals. More than 80 percent of Nigerians will die if they need health care emergence becus of terrible health care system. Ur leaders will always use tax payers money to travel abroad for health care, but how many Nigerians can afford to travel abroad for medicals?

That is why they send kids abroad for education. They know that the education they gave us is wack. They loot our wealth, send their kids abroad and flaunt it on our faces. We are left with an educational system with endless strikes, poor teaching methods and terrible living conditions.

We are shameless that after 60 years and bloody civil war, we have not fixed the most basic things such as water, education, health care, electricity and housing. Shame, shame, shame. U are telling people not to rely on media. Oga, come, I challenge u, come, let take a walk on the street to meet the real Nigerians. Let have them interviewed reandomly and lets hear from them.

Over 60 years, Nigeria has one of the highest number of beggars on the roads. Our forests are full of all sorts of evil, from ritualists to kidnappers to farmland destroyers. My good friend lost her dad due to poor health care. My mom's coworker died becus they couldnt get emergency health care for her.
If the Denish player who collasped on the pitch was in Nigeria when he collapsed, he would have died. To get access to health care in Nigeria is hard becus the health care system is terrible. Even u, u will die if u dont have access to fly abroad if u need an emergence health need. U are gone. A guy lost his sister in Kano due to snake bike. He lamented how the roads that led to the hospital was terrible, and how they managed to get to the hospital and the hospitals they are tried didnt have basic antidote to snake bike. Three hospitals. And the sister died. If he was in South Africa, the sister would have lived.
Those of u who defend these politicians, nature will pay u all back. Evil candidates. I have to dig my own borehole, jointly contribute in our area for prive security to guide our area, installed solar inverter system to generate electricity, have access to poor health care, etc. What is now the benefit of being a Nigerian and govt takes VAT from me? Rubbish

While you make some good points, are you NOT Nigerian?
Why do Nigerians think it’s other people’s job to fix Nigeria for them to come and enjoy?

Sure, our government is mostly terrible…
But NO advanced nation has ever been developed solely by its government. Ultimately, PEOPLE build nations.

Even in the US (where I grew up), people still die of snakebites until today…
Just as Eriksen (the Danish player) was saved on the pitch, Vivian-Foe died on the pitch in FRANCE (and there are others).

There are THOUSANDS of people who die of sudden cardiac arrest EVERY DAY in the West…
It’s MISGUIDED to treat one high-profile case as the norm (most crucial is a quick response - even CPR, which most Nigerians don’t know).

Again, we have generally poor leadership (but of course they were like us before they became “leaders”)…
But ultimately Nigeria’s present (and future) state is the culmination of the varying actions of ALL Nigerians (by commission or omission)!
>

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by 9jaRealist: 11:37am On Jun 19, 2021
Princedapace:
oga, may ur life be like Nigeria. Nigerian leaders are wicked. over 30 people killed in a community in Oyo state, over 100 slaughtered in Benue last week. In fact, last week, over 400 Nigerians were slaughtered. Poeple like u must be the ones telling leaders that all is well.

Oga, all is not well. Nigeria is too big to be managed as a unitary system.

I had to pay heavily for solar and inverter system to power my apartment. This is not fair. No stable electricity, we also pay private security to guide our place. Terrible. Infact, many communities and areas in Nigeria will be robbed for hours and no security on sight.

Even the politicians u defend dont trust Nigeria that is why they cant move around without heavy security even in their domains.

That is why they always travel abroad for medicals. More than 80 percent of Nigerians will die if they need health care emergence becus of terrible health care system. Ur leaders will always use tax payers money to travel abroad for health care, but how many Nigerians can afford to travel abroad for medicals?

That is why they send kids abroad for education. They know that the education they gave us is wack. They loot our wealth, send their kids abroad and flaunt it on our faces. We are left with an educational system with endless strikes, poor teaching methods and terrible living conditions.

We are shameless that after 60 years and bloody civil war, we have not fixed the most basic things such as water, education, health care, electricity and housing. Shame, shame, shame. U are telling people not to rely on media. Oga, come, I challenge u, come, let take a walk on the street to meet the real Nigerians. Let have them interviewed reandomly and lets hear from them.

Over 60 years, Nigeria has one of the highest number of beggars on the roads. Our forests are full of all sorts of evil, from ritualists to kidnappers to farmland destroyers. My good friend lost her dad due to poor health care. My mom's coworker died becus they couldnt get emergency health care for her.
If the Denish player who collasped on the pitch was in Nigeria when he collapsed, he would have died. To get access to health care in Nigeria is hard becus the health care system is terrible. Even u, u will die if u dont have access to fly abroad if u need an emergence health need. U are gone. A guy lost his sister in Kano due to snake bike. He lamented how the roads that led to the hospital was terrible, and how they managed to get to the hospital and the hospitals they are tried didnt have basic antidote to snake bike. Three hospitals. And the sister died. If he was in South Africa, the sister would have lived.
Those of u who defend these politicians, nature will pay u all back. Evil candidates. I have to dig my own borehole, jointly contribute in our area for prive security to guide our area, installed solar inverter system to generate electricity, have access to poor health care, etc. What is now the benefit of being a Nigerian and govt takes VAT from me? Rubbish

PS: Btw, I noticed your reference to (indirect) VAR taxes, instead of direct (income, corporate or other direct taxes). Yet, it sounds as if your doing pretty well materially (private estate, etc.). Without presumption or prejudice (and assuming that you actually and timely pay all of your due taxes), the propensity of the average Nigerian to EVADE taxes is one of the contributing factors for the paucity of public services. The fact is that Nigeria reportedly has the LOWEST tax to GDP ratio in all of Africa (yes, even lower than many very poor African nations) speaks volumes. The reality is that, outside of the civil service and those subject to PAYE withholding taxes, the greater majority of income-earning Nigerians (in formal and informal employment or self-employment) ACTIVELY EVADE paying their due taxes or notoriously underpay (when/if they pay at all) - and yet everyone seems to expect world-class public services. Of course, a big reason is the Culture of Entitlement cultivated by the oil windfall that the overwhelming majority of Nigerians do not contribute to in any way at all!

I am well aware that many Nigerians would argue that they do (or should) not pay taxes because there is little or no evidence of tax revenues being put to good use or that said revenues are more than likely to be embezzled, but such an argument only renders the citizens just as culpable the rulers (I am loathe to refer to these lot as actual leaders). Every nation/society is a social construct built upon the basic premise of rights and responsibilities, perhaps best manifested the so-called “social contract” between the government and the governed. But every contract requires “consideration” - which means that you have to provide something to get something in return. Accordingly, when citizens fail to pay timely and fully pay their due taxes, it is not only a moral failing in the basic tenets of citizenship (those taxes can be likened to equity investment in the nation, from which citizens expect some form of returns) but also a more legalistic failure to uphold one’s obligations under the “social contract” - and consequently strips such derelict citizens of any (moral or other) right to complain.

Unfortunately, so many Nigerians have this rather weird notion of citizenship, whereunder citizens enjoy only rights but do not bear commensurate responsibilities. Yet, as with most of human experience, one most often gets what one pays for - and that’s if you’re lucky! Furthermore, Nigerians have a rather grave misconception of the resources available to the state (even if politicians did not steal a significant portion of public resources). Just for perspective, the US expended over $4 trillion just on healthcare last year (2020) and yet could not guarantee access to healthcare (or adequate and affordable healthcare) to all of its citizens - including to many actual taxpayers! Accordingly, even if Nigeria spent every single cent it earned from oil and gas sales ($32.6 billion in 2018, even before the pandemic decimated revenues in 2020, and for perspective Kuwait made $60.7 billion same year with a population of only 1 million nationals) solely on healthcare and neglected everything else, the government still wouldn’t have anywhere near the revenues to provide the sort of world-class healthcare across the nation and across all strata of society (even if the politicians did not steal a penny).

While fully cognizant of the gross failures of governments in Nigeria, it is sometimes irritating that Nigerians often act as if they have absolutely no agency in their own fortune (or perhaps more accurately, misfortune) - even discounting that the poorest Nigerians are often the most fervent supporters/voters of “Sai Baba” and the political elite, and even the supposedly educated class and/or middle-class will fanatically defend their “own” (defined by tribal, religious or such other base or primordial affiliation) in almost all circumstances (including corruption charges). Yet, every single CHALLENGE in our nation is also an OPPORTUNITY - and as life experience has amply illustrated, the most successful people and organizations are those who address or otherwise help solve challenges. In Nigeria, our eyes are too clouded with the torrent of tears from our wailing about our challenges that we fail to see opportunities arising therefrom.

With all due respect, the saying that every society DESERVES the leadership it gets couldn’t be more aptly demonstrated than in Nigeria!
>

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Basher8583: 11:38am On Jun 19, 2021
Dmarkz:
I know you must bring in insult. Which a sign of inferiority complex during argument.

What has inflation got to do with me as taxpayer. Was it why you voted your gods into power?

Indeed common sense is not common. Ordinarily I won't argue with blind souls. Bye

Be honest to yourself. Which Tax are you paying.

Again what's the source of your income or what do you rely on for support.

Honestly you have to stop the blame game and get yourself busy on a legitimate job.

There's is no longer free money at the center anymore

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Limassol(m): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2021
Rissamenti:

Hype merchant. 99. 9% of farms in Nigeria have NOT been taken over by anybody. Millions of Nigerians are going to their farms daily and returning home safe and sound.

Excuse making experts.

40,000 people get shot dead each year in the USA.

But if they give you visa you will rush there tonight.
you are such a bloody fool! Can somebody please ask this guy why he aint in his farm by this time instead sitting on his sofa typing trash? If 40k people are killed anually in the US, Nigerias will run in hundreds of thousands if not millions considering the high rate of insecurity plaguing the country. And let me educate your dumb ass, the justice system in the states aint perpect but its way better than the joke here where so-called repentant hardened terrorist are released and reintroduced back to societies, where corruption flourish and thieves are allowed to wak scotfree. Bloody slowpoke get the f**k outta here if you lack something sensible to say
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Basher8583: 11:45am On Jun 19, 2021
Achuwa1:
This op seem not to be in Nigeria or probably he is among those milking the govt.. Coz he should know tht Nigerians no longer care about PMB and how does he thinks people in hunger reason about a manufacturing plant tht doesn't put food on their table.
How many of what PMB is taking loan to build had made one dolllar not to exceed 500 or doesn't he see tht people are hungry but he kept taking loans tht no one will be able to repay in the nearest future.

You are hungry yet you have money to buy data. Please let the hunger continue to kill you

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Princedapace(m): 11:48am On Jun 19, 2021
9jaRealist:

PS: Btw, I noticed your reference to (indirect) VAR taxes, instead of direct (income, corporate or other direct taxes). Yet, it sounds as if your doing pretty well materially (private estate, etc.). Without presumption or prejudice (and assuming that you actually and timely payment all of your due taxes), the propensity of the average Nigerian to EVADE taxes is one of the contributing factors for the paucity of public services. The fact is that Nigeria reportedly has the LOWEST tax to GDP ratio in all of Africa (yes, even lower than many very poor African nations) speaks volumes. The reality is that, outside of the civil service and those subject to PAYE withholding taxes, the greater majority of income-earning Nigerians (in formal and informal employment or self-employment) ACTIVELY EVADE paying their due taxes or notoriously underpay (when/if they pay at all) - and yet everyone seems to expect world-class public services. Of course, a big reason is the Culture of Entitlement cultivated by the oil windfall that the overwhelming majority of Nigerians do not contribute to in any way at all!

I am well aware that many Nigerians would argue that they do (or should) not pay taxes because there is little or no evidence of tax revenues being put to good use or that said revenues are more than likely to be embezzled, but such an argument only renders the citizens just as culpable the rulers (I am loathe to refer to these lot as actual leaders). Every nation/society is a social construct built upon the basic premise of rights and responsibilities, perhaps best manifested the so-called “social contract” between the government and the governed. But every contract requires “consideration” - which means that you have to provide something to get something in return. Accordingly, when citizens fail to pay timely and fully pay their due taxes, it is not only a moral failing in the basic tenets of citizenship (those taxes can be likened to equity investment in the nation, from which citizens expect some form of returns) but also a more legalistic failure to uphold one’s obligations under the “social contract” - and consequently strips such derelict citizens of any (moral or other) right to complain.

Unfortunately, so many Nigerians have this rather weird notion of citizenship, whereunder citizens enjoy only rights but do not bear commensurate responsibilities. Yet, as with most of human experience, one most often gets what one pays for - and that’s if you’re lucky! Furthermore, Nigerians have a rather grave misconception of the resources available to the state (even if politicians did not steal a significant portion of public resources). Just for perspective, the US expended over $4 trillion just on healthcare last year (2020) and yet could not guarantee access to healthcare (or adequate and affordable healthcare) to all of its citizens - including to many actual taxpayers! Accordingly, even if Nigeria spent every single cent it earned from oil and gas sales ($32.6 billion in 2018, even before the pandemic decimated revenues in 2020, and for perspective Kuwait made $60.7 billion same year with a population of only 1 million nationals) solely on healthcare and neglected everything else, the government still wouldn’t have anywhere near the revenues to provide the sort of world-class healthcare across the nation and across all strata of society (even if the politicians did not steal a penny).

While fully cognizant of the gross failures of governments in Nigeria, it is sometimes irritating that Nigerians often act as if they have absolutely no agency in their own fortune (or perhaps more accurately, misfortune) - even discounting that the poorest Nigerians are often the most fervent supporters/voters of “Sai Baba” and the political elite, and even the supposedly educated class and/or middle-class will fanatically defend their “own” (defined by tribal, religious or such other base or primordial affiliation) in almost all circumstances (including corruption charges). Yet, every single CHALLENGE in our nation is also an OPPORTUNITY - and as life experience has amply illustrated, the most successful people and organizations are those who address or otherwise help solve challenges. In Nigeria, our eyes are too clouded with the torrent of tears from our wailing about our challenges that we fail to see opportunities arising therefrom.

With all due respect, the saying that every society DESERVES the leadership it gets couldn’t be more aptly demonstrated than in Nigeria!
>

There is no company that is registered in Nigeria that their staff dont pay tax and still pay VAT. When I worked as a CCR, my tax got deducted from my salary before it got to my account. That is the story of working class Nigerians. I do not work under Nigeria's economy. My clients are abroad and my tax are deducted there becus they are the ones who pay me. When I use the money in Nigeria's economy, I pay my tax as well.

So, Nigerians pay tax. The ones they pay, govt should use them. Govt loot bro. Nigerian politicians owe master art properties in Dubai,. that is where our money goes. Our oil money, our sweat, these men loot them. We cant talk becus we run a st*pid system of govt that has placed ethnic politics above proper governance. This will continue until we change and run a proper system. Many people who earn 30k naira as miinimum wage, by the time the salary gest to them after various tax cuts, they will be getting around 26k

Many people who have shops pay all sorts of tax and levies. I can never ever defend Nigeria politicians becus they have failed. Look at the billions spent in electricity so far. Go and read. How much and what is the evidence? We run a useless system of govt that makes politicians to escape with their poor governance and until we fix them, we are going no where,.

In 50 years to come, Nigerians will still be on nairaland talking about all these basic things such as water, roads, electricity, health care, etc. If we dont work on the useless political system.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Princedapace(m): 11:55am On Jun 19, 2021
9jaRealist:

While you make some good points, are you NOT Nigerian?
Why do Nigerians think it’s other people’s job to fix Nigeria for them to come and enjoy?

Sure, our government is mostly terrible…
But NO advanced nation has ever been developed solely by its government. Ultimately, PEOPLE build nations.

Even in the US (where I grew up), people still die of snakebites until today…
Just as Eriksen (the Danish player) was saved on the pitch, Vivian-Foe died on the pitch in FRANCE (and there are others).

There are THOUSANDS of people who die of sudden cardiac arrest EVERY DAY in West…
It’s MISGUIDED to treat one high-profile case as the norm (most crucial is a quick response - even CPR, which most Nigerians don’t know).

Again, we have generally poor leadership (but of course they were like us before they became “leaders”)…
But ultimately Nigeria’s present (and future) state is the culmination of the varying actions of ALL Nigerians (by commission or omission)!
>

The instances u have given can never change the fact that Nigeria has terrible health care system. The USA govt had to issue out warning to her citizens in Nigeria to use health care facilities in USA, Europe or South Africa and avoid Nigeria's health care system. That release was made last year. Nigeria's health care system is terrible.

Yes, poeple change nations. We have been shouting that our political system can never allow us to grow, no body wana hear. If u read the history of Nigeria, u will know that Nigerians have been fighting and a fighting nation can never win. We keep fighting politically becus we are not one. The best we can do is to run a system that grants nations within Nigeria full control. That way, varrious nations within Nigeria can hold their leaders accountable.
I cant hold my governor accountable for not building international airport when such lincence comes from Abuja and they play ethnic politics with it.
I cant hold him acccountable for electricity becus it is centalized system that ethnic politics is been played with.

I cant hold the poeple in Abuja accountable becus ethnic politics will be seen from it. We cant protest becus govt will use thugs and scatter it.

No country ever grows if the leaders are so scared of making real changes, accepting oppositions, criticism, protests, etc. We are not serious at all. In 50 years to come, it will be the same stories except we change our political system and grant locals more power and access to their polically elected leaders.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Johel(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2021
Rissamenti:
Nigeria To Wave Goodbye To Imported Trains, and Build Them IN NIGERIA Instead.
Mr President is a man of few words, which is why news like this always surprises Nigerians. wink

But as we're speaking, Nigeria is building a HUGE plant in Kajola, Ogun State, for the manufacturing of railway stock including railway coaches and other railway equipment.

The manufacturing plant is part of the conditionalities Mr President gave to the Chinese company CCECC, before they could undertake all these railway projects we are seeing today.

The railway manufacturing plant construction was inaugurated by VP Prof. YemI Osinbajo in 2019, with very little fanfare or extravagance, just like many of Buhari's silent but highly transformative projects set to take this country to the next level.

Kudos Mr President, and VP Osinbajo, on this great stride in our march to industrialisation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5goHu8cW5M

Kajola Rail Wagon Assembly Plant to Create 5,000 Jobs - Osinbajo

The Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo says the Rail Wagon Assembly Plant construction in Nigeria will generate about 5,000 direct and indirect jobs when completed and boost socio-economic activities.

Osinbajo made this disclosure while performing the Official Ground Breaking Ceremony for the construction of the plant in Kajola, Ogun on Saturday.

The Nigerian vice president Osinbajo speaking about the Rail Wagon Assembly Plant construction said: "The plant which is a private investment to be undertaken by Messers CCECC, is central in the production of rolling stock, spare parts and maintenance of equipment needed for the railway modernisation programme being implemented by this administration.

"This ceremony is not just another event, it is a historic turning point. For us, the railway is not only an alternative and comfortable mode of travel.

"It holds the master key to transforming commerce in Nigeria and across the continent. By linking our ports to rail lines and now, building the rolling stock locally, import and export business within, into and out of Africa's largest market will never be the same.

"When completed, it is expected that the plant would produce some parts of the wagons for the Lagos-Ibadan and Abuja-Kaduna rail lines, but also for the central rail lines and to satisfy the needs of other rail operators within the West- African sub-region.

"The plant would offer an important platform for engineers, technicians, artisans and other professionals to gain the specialized skills required for the production and maintenance of rolling stock.

"This will invariably conduce to spin-off businesses in the region of operation and across the country wherever rail networks are in existence.

"The plant is expected to generate about five thousand (5,000) direct and indirect jobs," Osinbajo said.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201911100092.html

Story story,stooooory!!...once upon a time,TIME!! TIME!!!
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by zinaunreal(m): 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
Who train manufacturing plant help
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Basher8583: 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
aspabay:
Rissamenti

Finally someone with sense has registered on Nairaland.

You see the lack of patriotism exhibited by most NLders is worse than corruption.

They live a very bitter life and expect their enemies to be your enemies too.

I just pity them and move on.

Once again God bless you Rissamenti

I second this comment.

Rissamenti well done. You are one of the patriotic few on Nairaland. God bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by BabaOneChance: 12:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
Rissamenti:

If you can't afford pure water, GO TO YOUR VILLAGE AND FARM.

There is big money in farming now.

You can't afford pure water but you can afford data to post nonsense on Nairaland.

Mr govt blamer.
Last time I checked the farm I saw this VIP.

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by OmoEpe(m): 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
Rissamenti:

If you can't afford pure water, GO TO YOUR VILLAGE AND FARM.

There is big money in farming now.

You can't afford pure water but you can afford data to post nonsense on Nairaland.

Mr govt blamer.

That's one of the lazy youths buhari spoke about. Negativity is ingrained in their DNA that's why progress always seem far from their lives

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Basher8583: 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
Princedapace:

The instances u have given can never change the fact that Nigeria has terrible health care system. The USA govt had to issue out warning to her citizens in Nigeria to use health care facilities in USA, Europe or South Africa and avoid Nigeria's health care system. That release was made last year. Nigeria's health care system is terrible.

Yes, poeple change nations. We have been shouting that our political system can never allow us to grow, no body wana hear. If u read the history of Nigeria, u will know that Nigerians have been fighting and a fighting nation can never win. We keep fighting politically becus we are not one. The best we can do is to run a system that grants nations within Nigeria full control. That way, varrious nations within Nigeria can hold their leaders accountable.
I cant hold my governor accountable for not building international airport when such lincence comes from Abuja and they play ethnic politics with it.
I cant hold him acccountable for electricity becus it is centalized system that ethnic politics is been played with.

I cant hold the poeple in Abuja accountable becus ethnic politics will be seen from it. We cant protest becus govt will use thugs and scatter it.

No country ever grows if the leaders are so scared of making real changes, accepting oppositions, criticism, protests, etc. We are not serious at all. In 50 years to come, it will be the same stories except we change our political system and grant locals more power and access to their polically elected leaders.

If truly you don't want to blame your governor then what exactly is the job of a governor.
If it is that useless then it should be scrapped.

Also advise you to stop speaking ignorantly and get your facts right. That will help you to throw your blames to the right channel.

The FG will not do the job of a Governor just to please you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by neyyoh: 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
Dmarkz:
sir with all due respect, I'm not a religious bigot or ethnic slave. We are not having a good time with the people we elected into power. Period!

Killing aside, how much is ordinary Pure water in your Area

Business opportunity right there for you. .. pure water price's going up.. find a way to start selling cheaper..

Nigeria's problem is lack of imagination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by optionalY09: 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
Dmarkz:
Yes, but in as much we need infrastructural development, we should also be alive to witness them.

Abeg Jari I will Design a Professional Logo or Company Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

Click Here for my Contact
https://www.nairaland.com/dmarkz

Bunch of uncompleted projects that will get abandoned. Divide Nigeria
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by zoghys: 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
Commentor:
[s][/s]

I like this guy.

He hasn't eaten since he first saw the devastation caused by Bandits and has since resigned his work because he cannot bare the pain.

He has asked all Nigerians to stop working until this issue is nipped in the bud and I applaud Jim for it.

I'm with you. Let us all stop working until this matter is addressed.

Nope I haven't stop eating and won't do that anytime from now, but then won't be an ass licker like your sorry ass. Your dumb president is killing so many with his action and inaction and just because it not yet in your doorstep doesn't mean it won't happen. Stop been an ass and say it the way it is.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by 9jaRealist: 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
Princedapace:
There is no company that is registered in Nigeria that their staff dont pay tax and still pay VAT. When I worked as a CCR, my tax got deducted from my salary before it got to my account. That is the story of working class Nigerians. I do not work under Nigeria's economy. My clients are abroad and my tax are deducted there becus they are the ones who pay me. When I use the money in Nigeria's economy, I pay my tax as well.

So, Nigerians pay tax. The ones they pay, govt should use them. Govt loot bro. Nigerian politicians owe master art properties in Dubai,. that is where our money goes. Our oil money, our sweat, these men loot them. We cant talk becus we run a st*pid system of govt that has placed ethnic politics above proper governance. This will continue until we change and run a proper system. Many people who earn 30k naira as miinimum wage, by the time the salary gest to them after various tax cuts, they will be getting around 26k

Many people who have shops pay all sorts of tax and levies. I can never ever defend Nigeria politicians becus they have failed. Look at the billions spent in electricity so far. Go and read. How much and what is the evidence? We run a useless system of govt that makes politicians to escape with their poor governance and until we fix them, we are going no where,.

In 50 years to come, Nigerians will still be on nairaland talking about all these basic things such as water, roads, electricity, health care, etc. If we dont work on the useless political system.

VAT is INDIRECT (consumption) taxation…
And I specifically noted WITHHOLDING (direct) taxation, which is what your company/clients deduct.

The percentage of Nigerians subject to withholding taxes are relatively small compared to income earners (including but not limited to self-employed and informal earners) and the size of the economy. Again, it speaks volumes that Nigeria has the LOWEST tax base in all of Africa.

Meanwhile, speaking of VAT, Nigeria has the LOWEST VAT rate in the entire ECOWAS subregion (including dirt poor countries like The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Togo, Guniea-Bissau, etc.), and probably one of the (if not the) lowest in all of Africa. As previously pointed out VAT is a CONSUMPTION tax. In effect, if you do not consume you do not pay VAT. However, VAT in Nigeria specifically excludes food, medicines, rent, school fees and other educational expenses, public transportation, agricultural products and expenses, etc. It is also ONLY applicable to businesses generating over N20 million in yearly revenues (meaning that it does NOT apply to products/services bought from small and medium scale businesses - which is probably the MAJORITY of Nigerian businesses). Accordingly, VAT in Nigeria only applies to a handful of goods/services used by most average Nigerians (and probably a MINORITY of the population), and thus bemoaning about VAT charges seems more than a wee bit misplaced (and frankly self-serving) in light of the public services that you expect in return.

If Nigerians are still moaning in 50 years about basic things like water, roads, electricity, healthcare, etc. on Nairaland (or elsewhere), they only have to look at THEMSELVES (and I realize that critical introspection is difficult for most Nigerians) - and not least because tomorrow’s leaders are today’s followers and tomorrow’s elite are today’s masses. Nigeria’s leaders are not from Mars but are Nigerians from Nigeria who emerge from the general population (and often reflect the mores and values of the larger society). A political (or indeed any other) “system” does not exist on its own or in isolation. In fact, a “system” only exists when it is operational - that is, when human beings start running the said “system”. Accordingly, to blame the “system” gravely misses the point. NIGERIANS (the human beings) are the problem, not a nebulous and amorphous “system”. Without this basic starting point, we might as well be pissing against the wind!
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by Commentor: 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
zoghys:

Nope I haven't stop eating and won't do that anytime from now, but then won't be an ass licker like your sorry ass. Your dumb president is killing so many with his action and inaction and just because it not yet in your doorstep doesn't mean it won't happen. Stop been an ass and say it the way it is.

We are saying the same thing.

We are all going to stop work until this matter is addressed.

I'm with you.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by firstratedcitiz(m): 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
Who cares? Let that bloody demagogue leave office soon, so that sanity will once again return to the country.
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by blowjohn(m): 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
Oh wow!
Which is more important? A train manufacturing plant or Electricity?
A train manufacturing plant or good security?
Re: Did You Know Buhari Is Building A TRAIN Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria? by emonis88: 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
Let it not b another white elephant project. If it gets finished bf 2023 Nigeria il give him kudos. But let it not be a ploy to deceive Nigerians into thinking he is working.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Amaechi Laughing In The National Asssembly Hearing. Photos / ‘i’ll Teach You A Lesson You Will Never Forget’ — Buhari Replies Obasanjo / Chiamaka Okoro & Chidinma Oba Impregnated In DSS Custody In Imo, Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.