Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,978 members, 7,821,417 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? (12958 Views)

Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement / I Need A Honest Person For A Job In Ibadan - N20,000 Per Month. / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by benzzyno(m): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2021
angry grin if hunger sapa you.., no be person go tell you..
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by 9Stamp(f): 11:00am On Jun 20, 2021
The Bible say ask and you shall be given, knock and the door shall be opened unto you.

The jobs you apply to everyday, you are in one way asking to be part of the company. You are begging to be part of the company. But don't wound your ego
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by mukthar2000(m): 11:01am On Jun 20, 2021
Na person they help person my friend, keep ur shyness and be very bold to approach any body be it sai baba, what matter most I that try to be a relating person, nice and be jovian type, then be prayerful, all things being equal.

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Jorge91: 11:08am On Jun 20, 2021
It’s not money, it’s job.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by pholu88(f): 11:16am On Jun 20, 2021
Please speak up, it necessary than remain silent
Please remember me too I need job
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by FunnyDude(m): 11:17am On Jun 20, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
but you are an electronics engineer and you are looking for a job ? there is this electronics guy in osapa lekki who didnt even go to university. he has a shop and fixes everything electronics. my shaver stopped working and i took it to him, he fixed it. if you know what you are doing with electronics you can easiy make 50,000 naira in one day if you open your own shop

Don't mind him, Nigerians and job this job that. If someone that doesn't go to school can think outside the box, then what about so called graduate.
A graduate still thinking about job these period is on a long thing
No wonder the country is going down economically.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Ekg911(m): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2021
vickydevoka:

In Abuja where I am,I think mechanics is one of the best lucrative job. 90% of Abuja people don't bargain as such. Those mechanics will charge 25k for coil meanwhile de have it in there garage. De will advise u to buy second hand coil that it's better than de New One
I'm a mechanic too, and i have an OBDII scanner and I reside in Bayelsa state, I'm planning on residing to Abuja, please I need a job, help me my people
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:23am On Jun 20, 2021
Yes its right and normal.if you no ask, hunger go kill you!
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by HEAVEN4444: 11:24am On Jun 20, 2021
FunnyDude:

Don't mind him, Nigerians and job this job that. If someone that doesn't go to school can think outside the box, then what about so called graduate.
A graduate still thinking about job these period is on a long thing
No wonder the country is going down economically.
i totally agree. who looks for jobs in 2021 ? even if you are not the business man type, there are many jobs that can be done remotely and you get paid in dollars. its a new era. these slay kings will rather chase women and 419 and jobs grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Emmymeek(m): 11:24am On Jun 20, 2021
dont die in silence o time no d oo
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by AgentGoat: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
but you are an electronics engineer and you are looking for a job ? there is this electronics guy in osapa lekki who didnt even go to university. he has a shop and fixes everything electronics. my shaver stopped working and i took it to him, he fixed it. if you know what you are doing with electronics you can easiy make 50,000 naira in one day if you open your own shop

Nigeria schools dont teach hand on job practicals. And nigeria students dont give themselves brain to go learn somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by HEAVEN4444: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2021
AgentGoat:

Nigeria schools dont teach hand on job practicals. And nigeria students dont give themselves brain to go learn somewhere.
hmmmm
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:29am On Jun 20, 2021
maiiilooo:
Ive been having the thought of asking a particular man for a job in my area, but im skeptical about the whole thing if it really appropriate.......pls i need ur advice on how to go about it, if it's appropriate cause things are hard for me.

If you 27 or younger and have a 2.1 degree
Apply .
Go through their website & social media pages for more information. Also, search for wema bank executive trainee thread on Nairaland and read extensively on the previous aptitude test & interviews.

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:34am On Jun 20, 2021
Do you have a rapport with him?

Have you known him for long?

Best of luck but do not put too much faith in him helping you out.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Offpoint1: 11:37am On Jun 20, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
That's problem with Nigerian graduate, they were build to work for others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Josywhyte: 11:40am On Jun 20, 2021
E be like kori(hunger or hardship) never reach your side. Dey dia dey waste time u hear. Na ask wey I ask person na so I take get job o. U may feel is inappropriate but if u try it may turn out positive. There's no harm in trial. Except u dey OK with the one u get or u get where u dey bala well well wey be say if u turn eye e go drop for u sharperly.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Stevenbright(m): 11:43am On Jun 20, 2021
maiiilooo:
Ive been having the thought of asking a particular man for a job in my area, but im skeptical about the whole thing if it really appropriate.......pls i need ur advice on how to go about it, if it's appropriate cause things are hard for me.

Introduce yourself to him, tell him what you do and your skills set. And then conclude by telling him any part of his businesses you think your services will be valuable to him.

He may not offer you an opportunity immediately, but he may probably get back to you if need be.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by OgaSeun: 11:53am On Jun 20, 2021
It will end in sex
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Twenehe: 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
Please am in need of job too i don't mind casual job. I just want something doing to feed my family and pursue my career kindly help me for God sake
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Burgerlomo: 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
Not appropriate at all most especially when the person is indeed in that position to help you, just dey there dey form empty barrel big boy till hunger show you pepper and you will also become an unhonorable Minister for Home Affairs.

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by evil1: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
One of those moments I sat down and had a deep thought of so many things, I reasoned my level of pay as at now that even if I worked for 5 years at my current job, I would strugle harder than I used to just to afford accomodation, remain unmarried and that is if I put in my fee as hope. Secondly the value I wanted to add to my current place is not appreciated nor welcoming.

I can't be having a timeline for myself for settling down, and I'm been held back because I want to gain experience. I'm not getting young, in my late twenties already.

I changed three jobs in less than a year, worked in a law firm with 7k as a fee I earned just my two weeks in the firm which I had to drag with my princiapl, worked in a hospital for months with no pay and did a database and other tech stuffs someone else will charge thousands, I did all these for free and I earned a toatl of 20k for the hospital I worked in for about 4 months plus my legal and tech skills. Now about to be on my fourt job within the brackets of alomost a year with a better pay. I wont stop changing jobs even if its a thousand jobs until I'm been paid well and knowing I add value at my place of work.

One of those annoying syndromes about my profession aslo is that they tell you to learn and work while you work under pressure, drafting taking about 70% of your time and brain. I have been to some seminars and conferences and hear senior members of seniors of my profession bash members who are seeking for a job or selling themselves to clients for a better job or too interested in the pay. I find it annoying how they laugh at others and try to make it look like its against our professional ethics to scout for a job or sewek better pay.

funny thing is that my profession pays far below minimun wage in this country we live in, except you are in a company or a corporate law firm of which I'm moving into very soon.

So I still say even though I have an 80% chance of the current job I'm moving into, I'm still open to high paying jobs as a lawyer, digital and Tech lawyer included to my curriculum and personal skills.
Send me an email if you have a business offer, job or anything. I'm available.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by LordReed(m): 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
maiiilooo:

Who will you ask before, a tree or a dog? Jk

Go ahead, worst that can happen is he'll say no.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Focusmind: 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Don't please. Rather, get close to him and build an informal relationship. Any opportunity you have with him should be utilised well in discussing things that are of importance to him.

Decode what his interests are and channel your discussions towards that. Most importantly, know his business and what he does for a living and try to understand the workings of that area to aid in your informal discussion with him.

At the appropriate time, you can let the cat out of the bag and tell him your concerns and how you need his assistance.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by CookingPot(f): 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
maiiilooo:
There is no shame in asking
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by kingjooo(m): 12:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
Unless you don't use to help others,else i don't see any thing wrong in asking someone for a job. Please my people i can do any job for survival please someone help me today sunday.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
Atikulated:
I usually don't find it interesting when people ask me for job.
Then you're a selfish man undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Slynation(m): 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
Issues2:

Just give it a tryer but must of time d result is always negative cuz neighbors don't like to help for job in there working place cuz of security reasons a ma was sack bcuz his neighbor he helped to secure a job report him at working place for symphony company money
Omo fear humans oO....grin
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by IgboWarlord(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
Issues2:

Just give it a tryer but must of time d result is always negative cuz neighbors don't like to help for job in there working place cuz of security reasons a ma was sack bcuz his neighbor he helped to secure a job report him at working place for symphony company money

WTF? undecided..Symphony ko Philharmonic ni.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Bahamas95(m): 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
maiiilooo:
U know these big men do have a way of behaving sometimes
Its not true, na poor man wicked pass.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by edoairways: 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
A close mouth is a closed destiny
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
IgboWarlord:

WTF? undecided..Symphony ko Philharmonic ni.
Wicket boy grin
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Slynation(m): 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
cassidy1996:
Why not? I don't ask people tire. A close mouth don't get fed.

I will ask again, I need a job (Electrical/Electronic Engineer) I beg all of una make una help me
Baba... you have a good skills naw unless you only deal on the theorical aspects without practicals....
As an typing this now, one electrician is busy dribbling us, I will come today I will come tomorrow, through out yesterday we waited and called him he didn't show up, if he finally shows up, I'm sure we will still apologize to him for disturbance, because he sabi work....grin

I've worked as an interior designer and wall finishing, so I can categorically tell you electricians are raking millions with condict wiring and the rest of them, what you need now is to attach yourself with someone who knows the job, you can even pay to learn for some months, from there, you start getting connected and will be amazed to see that you will be the one running away from money and work...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jobs I Can Consider For Now / Federal Government Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) 2019 / Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.