Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:31 AM

Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? (13204 Views)

Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement / I Need A Honest Person For A Job In Ibadan - N20,000 Per Month. / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by MarketDispatch: 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
maiiilooo:
Ive been having the thought of asking a particular man for a job in my area, but im skeptical about the whole thing if it really appropriate.......pls i need ur advice on how to go about it, if it's appropriate cause things are hard for me.

Like they always say, "A closed mouth is a closed destiny"

What is the worst that the man will say?
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
maiiilooo:
Ive been having the thought of asking a particular man for a job in my area, but im skeptical about the whole thing if it really appropriate.......pls i need ur advice on how to go about it, if it's appropriate cause things are hard for me.
be your own boss

https://www.nairaland.com/6606146/none-employed-employed-come-capital
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by IgboWarlord(m): 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
SmellySperm:

Wicket boy grin

grin grin...Lol
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Oblongata: 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
E be like say you just graduate? U never chi chumtin... you never see people dey change churches on sundays just to dey drop cv to members and yet sef, no job? You just start

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
IgboWarlord:

grin grin...Lol
But y u wicked like this na? U for correct am na grin

How your Sunday going bro? Anything for your guy? Mk i use buy 1 or 2 bottles. Least 2k no go bad o my guy
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by BalogunIdowu(m): 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2021
Why not?
As long as it another job with a blow you're asking for.

Please do
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by harmony75: 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
Before nko? Pls ask when you need something you don't know who can be of help!
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by cricifixo: 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
Its fine to ask for help.
Just like one dispatch driver caught up with me in traffic & started asking me for work while i was driving home. That can be embarrassing
maiiilooo:
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Qunu: 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
There is no harm in trial. The earlier you ask, the better.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Raychee(f): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
Do you need the job? Is it a clean job?
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by sweetrace(f): 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
maiiilooo:

Have you noticed any need he has? Are you qualified to fill that need? Do you have the right attitude to work? Then go ahead ask him.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Sugar97(f): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
Issues2:

Just give it a tryer but must of time d result is always negative cuz neighbors don't like to help for job in there working place cuz of security reasons a ma was sack bcuz his neighbor he helped to secure a job report him at working place for symphony company money

Iru oyibo wo leleyi?

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by BRATISLAVA: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
maiiilooo:
Thanks guys. U know these big men do have a way of behaving sometimes

Be careful of the conditions he will give you.

We don't want to hear about story about how a generous man greased John's ass after showing him videos of what was going to go down, and he kissed him back and he only backed out when it was time to lick the other ones penis, after allowing him to grease his ass with some cream. Like that OP. He is actually the best person to advice you.

That would be a campaign after elections.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by slizzyb(m): 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
You are asking if it is good. I am now asking that someone here who is in the position to offer me job that I am ready..
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by mamawa123: 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
maiiilooo:

Nothing bad in approaching someone for a job. Tell him you are looking for job that he should help you if he can.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by AreaFada2: 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
SimeonOTC:
Big man matter dey get as e be sometimes..
Only in my area we have guinness manager, retired local govt. Chairman and active local govt. Chairman..none of them were able to help my elder bro and funny enough, they related to my both parents
I had a relative with a high position in one of the most sought after govt companies those days. First he thought he could use certificate grade to just discharge me. When he saw the grade he was surprised and confused. Stuttering, he said...... Don't waste your time working here with this grade. Go and do something else. The place he was working and building houses up and down, traveling abroad several times a year for training and leisure. grin

He began to dodge after that. I never saw him again. He sadly died many years ago.

Our people can be unhelpful at times. May be it was a good thing that he didn't help. Or it wasn't meant to be.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Better than begging
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Sebgajere(m): 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
Joblessness never tire u.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by emmyN(m): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
but you are an electronics engineer and you are looking for a job ? there is this electronics guy in osapa lekki who didnt even go to university. he has a shop and fixes everything electronics. my shaver stopped working and i took it to him, he fixed it. if you know what you are doing with electronics you can easiy make 50,000 naira in one day if you open your own shop

An electronics engineer is not an electronics technician!
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by slizzyb(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
cricifixo:
Its fine to ask for help.
Just like one dispatch driver caught up with me in traffic & started asking me for work while i was driving home. That can be embarrassing

Boss happy father's Sunday. We are not in traffic now pls don't feel embarrassed. I need job sir
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by cricifixo: 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
Lolz, i no dey give out jobs o
slizzyb:

Boss happy father's Sunday. We are not in traffic now pls don't feel embarrassed. I need job sir
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by slizzyb(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
cricifixo:
Lolz, i no dey give out jobs o

Boss you may know someone that know someone that can help someone like me. Am ready
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Dujardin(m): 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
When It comes to help, you never know whom will be responsive to you, it mostly come from unexpected. Do yourself a favour and ask.

You will get helped by strangers before people in your circle. It's a known fact.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Gfskw: 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
Why not
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Gerrard59(m): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
SimeonOTC:
Big man matter dey get as e be sometimes..
Only in my area we have guinness manager, retired local govt. Chairman and active local govt. Chairman..none of them were able to help my elder bro and funny enough, they related to my both parents

I think it's a personal trait or they have strict moral mores regarding assistance for jobs aka "follow due process". But then, local government chairmen aka average Nigerian politicians lack basic integrity.

Thus, it's a personal trait.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by fineberry(m): 8:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
Op if you know he can assist you in anyway, go and ask him. All the best.
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Jbuki: 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
Happy Father's day to all the Father's in the world,, happy Sunday to every one,
What ever we need in life is in Christ Jesus,,He is the way,the truth and life. Putting God first in everything we do secures total victory. I urge us to return to God. Ask him to come into your life and be your Lord and savior. And he is ever ready to accept. Thank you Jesus for saving souls tonight in Jesus name. God bless you
Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by vickydevoka(m): 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
Ekg911:
I'm a mechanic too, and i have an OBDII scanner and I reside in Bayelsa state, I'm planning on residing to Abuja, please I need a job, help me my people
If u get de scanner come here. U are made

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate Asking A Person For A Job? by Lawalemi(m): 11:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
Ask and it shall be given

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Otti Plans To Recruit 5,000 Teachers / Bridge International Academies 2018 Massive Recruitment (45 Positions) / Appy Now: Graduate Customer Service Officer At British Council Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.