Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. (65673 Views)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Olisehinnocent: 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
Did your so called brother support him when he's getting married to you. If he didn't, go and hug transformer. U are not going to get shishi
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by afamaustin(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
U are mad for thinking he will help ur brother by giving him 120k to marry his own wife
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by membranus: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:

You could still make your point without calling a tribe or circus.

This is how we start online war among ourselves.

You could reframe it saying..." Some people or tribes are good at that even..."

You are on Nairaland
We are faceless online warriors
We say it as we see it
No matter whose ox is gored
You don't like it
We have a wide open door
Take a walk outta it
sad sad sad sad shocked sad sad sad sad
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by oluplus(m): 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
Extend my regards to your husband.
Na man e be.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Bhol28: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
Imagine,can this be true,you want him to help marry a wife to your brother after struggling to marry u.What type of family are you from even.Is it by force your brother get married.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
U dont love dat man sad
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Sylvaxxl1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
This story has been on front page before by someone else
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by delpee(f): 6:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
My Husband paid N580K for my Bride price and refused to help my family members
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722

Na wa! She has no job, her husband earns 70k per month and he's expected to cough out 120k after "donating" 580k just 8 months ago. Who knows if the poor guy is still paying back a loan raised for the wedding. This lady isn't considerate at all!
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Bimpe29: 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
How is that your husband responsibility in the first place?
Your family and your brother in particular, must carry the sword independent of your husband.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by buzorcharles(m): 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
Why should ur dad involve ur husband in his son wedding? Make ur bro hustle and pay. 70k and u think he is financially stable? Wait till kids starts popping heads out
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Yansham: 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
na that stupid list still dey prevent my guy from getting married till date. It has been over 1year he collected the list.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by DOCU(m): 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kandeed:
Igbos are good at that even after marriage they'll still be
sharing bills to the bride's husband like they've done a
great favor giving their daughter over to the man. just
Imagine undecided

Stay away from 9ja girls, stay completely away but will Nigerian guys listen? No

Always masturbating on the name 'Igbo'.

Does the name in the article resemble an Igbo name?

Of course, a typical Igbo family cannot complain about less than N600k bride price. That is a chicken change.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by gotnel: 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
The issue of bride price is a deep matter. Unfortunately, some family do not realise that a life time union is being formed.
Where the family of the bride understand what is at stake, sometimes, they don't thread softly. Anyone who knows the meaning of marriage will not bill the groom to the extent of him going bankrupt because of solemnity of marriage.

As for this story, the husband is not fairing bad.
The wife should reasons with her husband.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by jagzyukay: 6:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
What nonsense!!!
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by naikeboy(m): 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
Ehhhh una don collect the help from bride prize finish na wetim una wan make him do again
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by A9magic(m): 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
After extorting the man before the marriage,you still expecting to keep shouldering ur family burden when he has his own to worry about
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Reelz: 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
hear this men. when you want to marry. make sure the woman is reasonable enough and has some stability in terms of a job or business. u marry liability u suffer for it terribly..
soon the love fades away completely and old age sets in unavoidably.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by tunize(m): 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
This woman is funny shebi her broda na man if it was easy the brother could have paid the 400k himself without assistance after all the husband paid 500k plus himself he owesbthe father or broda nothing them nor dey help person marry. Marriage self na so e come expensive?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Finore(m): 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
Your family No try at all !!!!! Shame suppose to dey catch you self..Elohor is an urhobo name, i also married there ! I know there tradition very well! There list is not outrageous, your father is not considerate .. A young man earning 70k to support your family and to help your Jobless brother marry , you people are so selfish and wicked, is he not suppose to source for money himself , after getting married your husband will help him sleep is wife as they are sharing 120k for your husband .. You are his wife but you are selfish, you are supposed to consider him knowing his salary is too small, pity this struggling man nah, you are Jobless woman ! how can he feed you pay rent pay school fees , send money to his parents and still save money to give your Jobless brother to marry wife... Is he the one that asked him to marry? You want to kill that young man... Your people carry all there problems put for traditional marriage list why the man no go vex? Just beg your husband ...as for the marriage it's not by force it he has let him give what he has ... He has its own responsibilities , go and beg his pastor or any he respects to talk to him.. So he forgive them.. He is so angry... And is getting tired of you and family issues...
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by annayawchee: 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
Recycled story ..
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by sunkieisland(m): 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
You know when some people open their mouths, you can't help but comparing them to septic tanks.

Can you imagine someone not contributing to family upkeep, you're eating on a regular, you have clothes to wear, the landlord hasn't come to disturb you; all shouldered by someone earning 70k monthly and you can call him irresponsible,

No be joke to be a man.

Kudos to the man.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
See this one undecided

If I be that guy, I for don japa the same day the list of bride price was handed to me. cheesy
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by GistFullGround: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2021

Nigerian men, BEWARE OF THE URHOBO TRIBE or RUN FROM ANYONE CALLED ELOHOR!

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by RoyalDynasty: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
In Lasisi Elenu's voice: NA OGUN GO KILL YOUR PAPA �. Den tie your brother hand for hin back? Why would your papa be asking your husband to be responsible for someone else's bride price? Na your husband wan marry?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Hassanmaye(m): 6:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
He paid #580k for your bride price knowing he earns #70k that means a full salary of 8 months and more.

If your family labour him your brother's wedding expenses of #120k that means a total of #700k which means he has served your family with his 10 months salary. Just two more months to make him a slave of 1 full calendar year denying him his full salary for him to satisfy your family.

If you are not careful, this man will use you for rituals to uplift himself out of poverty.

Just let your brother go Hussle for himself.

Him self wan marry, wan do like real men but cannot gather ordinary 400k. Still have to do sharing formular.

Wow what a genuine calculation sir I think you can do well in financial management!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Hassanmaye(m): 6:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
Johnholmes:
U must be very senseless to bring dis issue to nairaland. And I must say u are rather wicked.
U wan finish ur husband angry
grin grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ADdayo12: 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
Read
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Brewmaker: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
Entitlement mentality.... Rubbish.

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722[/quote]
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by marsup: 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
You , my dear , are thief and a destiny destroyer. Let your husband run, before you and your family render him useless. I rebuke you.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by virginchaser(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
He paid #580k for your bride price knowing he earns #70k that means a full salary of 8 months and more.

If your family labour him your brother's wedding expenses of #120k that means a total of #700k which means he has served your family with his 10 months salary. Just two more months to make him a slave of 1 full calendar year denying him his full salary for him to satisfy your family.

[/b]If you are not careful, this man will use you for rituals to uplift himself out of poverty[b].

Just let your brother go Hussle for himself.

Him self wan marry, wan do like real men but cannot gather ordinary 400k. Still have to do sharing formular.

I can not understand why you guys just have mentality that you can only make money by using human parts? What a shame.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by patonyx1: 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
hisgrace090:
Dear lady it seems you're there to render the young man useless.

Have you ever asked if he has finished paying back the money he payed your bride price with?
Cant you start up something so you can help your family as he did to his instead of carrying both family with 70k salary?

When looking for partner, beware of liability that comes with entitlement mentality.

I totally agree with you smiley
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by CzarChris(m): 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
Samcent:

No where in Urhobo land is bride price up to 150k.
The story na fake....
Exactly

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier And Her Naval Officer Husband In Loved Up Photos / Woman Photoshops Late Husband To Family Pictures To Celebrate His 40th Birthday / ‘I Cannot Withstand My Husband's Vigorous Lovemaking After Taking Manpower'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.