Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. (65672 Views)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Jamesz12: 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
First and foremost why should he be a part of ur brother's marriage list. Who does that, come to think of it your father insisted that he must look for the 580k whether by hook or by croke when it was his own time and now what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Therefore let your brother go and look for his 400k either by hook or croke, he is even lucky it is not as expensive as the one your parents gave your husband.
In any case this kind of thing happened to my elder brother when the wife's father said my brother should build him a house and my brother responded that how many houses has he built for his own father ( my father). And funny enough that same woman has left him today after 4 kids. Imagine he built that house by now his regret no for get mate
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by cactusJack(m): 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2021
behind every broke fraustrated man is a nigerian woman...se her forehead like signboard

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Fxwarrior: 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2021
Your husband that paid more than half a million is not responsible but your brother that doesn't have money to marry and will be asking for monthly upkeep too is responsible, abi?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Harunabisanti(m): 5:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
This story has once been posted in this platform
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by bkool7(m): 5:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:

You could still make your point without calling a tribe or circus.

This is how we start online war among ourselves.

You could reframe it saying..." Some people or tribes are good at that even..."

Is Ipob a tribe or a terrorist group ?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Le2money(m): 5:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
The bolded got me grin grin grin

Easyincome24:
He paid #580k for your bride price knowing he earns #70k that means a full salary of 8 months and more.

If your family labour him your brothers wedding expenses of #120k that means a total of #700k which means he has served your family with his 10 months salary. Just two more months to make him a slave of 1 full calendar year denying him his full salary for him to satisfy your family.

[/b]If you are not careful, this man will use you for rituals to uplift himself out of poverty[b].

Just let you brother go Hussle for himself.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by EyeTaspirant(m): 5:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
I like your mindset. Will you marry me?
Lizzyangel:
This one is plenty.

Firstly, you wrote your full name and still put the innocent man's pics which is very wrong.

Can I ask you a question? How many in-laws contributed to the #580k he used in paying for your bride price?

If the answer is no, then he have nothing to pay for someone else's wife.

As a woman, you're expected to protect your husband from your family because you are both one ... he's not earning much, you know his capabilities and still choose to disgrace him before your family and now publicly.

Will you prefer he venture into illegal means of making money to satisfy your parents?

A wise woman builds her home... build yours ma'am.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by alphaNomega: 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
Fake stories, all to trend

When will nairaland start sharing real-life stories again?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by frankson1(m): 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
Princewell2012:

Am not in support of this unnecessary action from her. But the bill were sent to the woman and not for her husband, when I lost my dad, a bill was also sent to my sister who lives with her husband in Benin. The man can decide to her his wife if he loves her and not by force.

They always send bills for burials and not wedding celebration. It's very wrong for the family to send bill which makes it look like it's mandatory. They can only seek for support from him.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by gaftsoil(m): 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
Your family just sold you to him, so you shouldn't expect any help from him... If i pay such amount as a bride price, I will never help my wife's family.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by cosmaschibuzo8: 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
EFCC should come after your family

This is yahoo yahoo family
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
My Husband paid N580K for my Bride price and refused to help my family members
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722
You don't have sense.
How could you bring such to Nairaland?
Did you think about this?
How I wish I can meet your husband in person.
He's a very Good Man and doesn't deserve you.
Someone like him ought to benefit from these ABROAD BASED ladies. That's the kind of man they angle for.
Imagine what he could do with his meager salary.
MEN should desist from this entrapment called marriage. It Favours Women more.
Marriage only favours a MAN when a LEECH is not taken to the ALTAR, period.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Noble855: 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722

This man deserves a big accolade and I must respect him. I will looking for a big opportunity to meet with him. Woman you're a fool and a lady complete liability. So you marry the man for division of monthly stipends to your empty parents right? You're the most useless woman I have ever seen on earth. May God give that man the knowledge and wisdom to deal with you.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Malawian(m): 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
That your brother's wife that he wants to marry, who will be feeding her in your brother's house?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by austin7652(m): 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
This is the second time I'm seeing this story. No typo change! Well, sounds real, sounds fictitious too.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by enambobo(m): 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
Why will her brother's bride price be shared with her husband. I can't see the link. Is her husband the one marrying the woman? What manner of dependency is this? To me her brother and her family members are the irresponsible ones and she is very insensitive.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Obason22(m): 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
This woman is so fool and fulish

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ChiefS(m): 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
She is very unreasonable with so much entitlement mentality. After such a bride price she still wants a man that earns a paltry N70,000 to carry the sins of her family on his shoulders.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by BarrElChapo(m): 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
eastgates1:
one of my friends married a girl, the father said farm work is 700k because he didnt want her to marry from another tribe. The guy and the daughter asked him to let go or reduce it, he insisted it is a must, my guy paid. Wedding happened. The guy said dont ever come to myhouse or call my number for anything, his daughter supported her man. 8 years after with 4 kids this month, them never call or see the man. He sick the other day na him children dey call their sister.

He shot himself in the leg. He forgot that it's a marathon not a sprint.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Noble855: 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

This man deserves a big accolade and I must respect him. I will be looking for a big opportunity to meet with him. Woman you're a fool and an empty lady and a complete liability. So you marry the man for division of monthly stipends to your empty parents right? You're the most useless woman I have ever seen on earth. May God give that man the knowledge and wisdom to deal with you.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Onelove508: 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
Good!.
Ur husband is a real nigar.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by IHIEGOD: 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

You people are the same, you are not working and your parents brought levy of 120k to your husband earning 70k u shameless allowed it. How much did your brother contribute during ur own wedding, if he contributes 120k during wedding, he will be given a bill for his monthly upkeep.
Go back to your kneels and beg your husband, the home in question is yours don't allow your parents to use u and poverty alleviation package.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Sleekfingers: 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

that your family na barawo, i mean ajeloju onile......he should be sending money to your parents every month abi? Since he is sending to his parent abi? You self no get shame......efe pa ketekete pelu eru ni? ( you guys want to kill a donkey with load)........person wey dey earn 70k ooooo.......why you self no go find work? Or tell your husband to save some for u, so that u can start something small.......from my observation, you be lazy bone......

And lastly, your younger brother want to wed, and your parents said, your husband to contribute money again.......shey your brother no dey work? Poverty don finish this your family..........if na me be your husband, i go send you parking without thinking twice........because , if your husband come dey rich small.....and he decide to build a house for his parent, buy a car for his parents......your parents self go say make he build house for them too........
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ikabasa1(m): 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Luckylife:
Imagine the reaction of a wife the man marry , A good wife that was train well and understand the situation of things now Should stand with her husband or even respectfully beg him to contribute any amount if he which. Why must he as in-law contribute for his wife brother to get married ? I stand with the husband in any decisions he makes and that's what is expected from his wife .
Oil dey your head
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by KHALIFAMAYOR(m): 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
I knew it will the guys from Igbo land where modernise slavery into marry,,a man collecting 70k paid 580k as bride price,,that means u collected almost 6 years his salary as bride price alone. ,,well I am the man I will use u for money rituals,recover my money back and marry a decent girl from another region
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by IranianSea: 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
Luckylife:
Imagine the reaction of a wife the man marry , A good wife that was train well and understand the situation of things now Should stand with her husband or even respectfully beg him to contribute any amount if he which. Why must he as in-law contribute for his wife brother to get married ? I stand with the husband in any decisions he makes and that's what is expected from his wife .
Contributing to his wife brother to get married? Are they sick in the head or something? Well it can never happen in Yoruba land
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Unigrad: 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

The story was shared by a twitter user
Tidentified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

#areatalkreport

I suspect this is just another friction. Where in Nigeria they will share the bride price of brother-in law to in-laws? That your brother is not ready for marriage if he can't pay his bride price. If your husband voluntarily want to help your brother in his wedding financially, fine and not forcing it on him. I have not seen where it is done.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by colestephan86: 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

My dear in all fairness to your hubby, if I was your husband I will do exactly the same thing.
For a man earning 70k to pay a total of 580k for pride price alone is way over. Truth be told he doesn't have to be giving your parent money every month, he can participate in your brother's wedding, but no money should be imposed on him.
For your familys sakes I mean your immediate family, plead with him to please do something for your brother's wedding.
If he keeps spending money like that, how will he make progress.?
I am married too, but I don't give my in-laws money on monthly basis cos I am not a salary earner and besides my wife works so she should give them which I know she does.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by blueprint22(m): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
grin grin....i laugh....very funny my brother run from igbo girls ooo....The brother has already drew his map and obviously the wife's family aint there...so live with it woman....wahala
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Kondomatic(m): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
pocohantas:
This one is not even entitlement, na stupidity.

580k from 70k salary? Meaning 8 months of intense labour was gone in 60 seconds.

Una suppose use the guy picture do pendant. If the wife has any sense, she shouldn’t be found making an issue out of this.
And she still wants him to send something to her parents every month because he sends to his own parents.

I really need a vjay in my next life.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
EyeTaspirant:
I like your mindset. Will yiou marry me?

Lol... taken with two lovely kids sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier And Her Naval Officer Husband In Loved Up Photos / Woman Photoshops Late Husband To Family Pictures To Celebrate His 40th Birthday / ‘I Cannot Withstand My Husband's Vigorous Lovemaking After Taking Manpower'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.