Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. (65721 Views)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Shedrachmessi(m): 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
Now if he contribute for your brother's wedding and he cheat on you, you would say that he is a wicked man, I'm supporting him
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
I am going through this very terrible situation - I have a question for women who intend to marry or are already married.

1: Is your Husband your Father or your family's father!
2: Why are your family members not helping you and your husband, why is it that they expect him to help them
3: A man shall leave his house and cling to his wife - Women when you get married, you assume a new surname and become genealogically bound to a new family - leave the family you grew up in and start your own family. STOP FORCING your husband to help your family- HE IS NOT THEIR FATHER

BLEEDING PARASITES EVERYWHERE - You collect huge bride price and you want to send your son ikenna to live in your daughters husbands house FOR FUCKING WHAT! to pay school fees, buy you all clothes and send you to the university.

Any Man who insists on helping his wife's family members will be day end up penniless and dead.. only then will it become apparent that while he was raising the children of his wife's family, his own were suffering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
You take your husband as a mumu if to say na me ehn una for see pepper your brother no get shishi him wan do wedding
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Maxijoe(m): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Did you not just said he collects 70k as salary? If he spend 30k monthly for feeding and other utilities, and he keeps 10k for himself and other expenses and he is to save 30k monthly (that is if feasible). it will take approximately 20 months for him to recoup that 580k spent on your bride price alone, yet you want monthly stipens for your parent and other responsibilies, ABBA young lady its just 8 months and you are already complaining. at least you should give him time to balance before disturbing him on some of these things. he is definitly not happy with the way he was treated and even if you want him to do something as regards your brother, you just have to beg and pamper him to do it. its not easy to safe money this days. He love you so much to spend that much on you even when it was not easy. I wish you well in your marriage
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Oracleforce: 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
You marry your husband purposely to take care of your father's irresponsibility and to ameliorate your lineage poverty...
Since you know that this is the reason for marriage why can't you wait till you see a wealthy man and marry him instead of getting married to a hustler like your present hubby.
You still the opportunity to divorce and re-marry if your soul wishes....

Truly, marriage Nah scam...a grown-up lady can't work to fend for herself...still waiting for husband to sponsor his entire in-law...what a cursed family!
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Burgerlomo: 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
Please kindly raise up your hands if you support that guy's actions.

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
psucc:
When you buy a car, do you go back to assist the seller? So many parents fail the test here. They fail to understand that marriage is a union not a transaction. You get united with another family and hence share also her burden (if any). But where you get it all at the initial stage, be ready also to starve at the later stage.

Wrong! very Wrong! this is an African tradition that has ruined many families till date.

Why not her family help the husband's family - what is wrong with that? Parasitic families will simply bleed you dry and their daughter will sit in her husband's house and use his sweat to build up her family - what about the husband's family? is she helping the husband's brother open a shop? or send his husband's sister to the University... So I marry your daughter then I become your father.. is that what it is?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
The only irresponsible person here is your father and you.
He should place your parent on monthly salary? Like seriously?
Like, which responsible man demand 120k from his in-law for his son's wedding? Is that son of his handicapped? Who will fed him and his family after the wedding?

You, your father and infact your entire family are mad!
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Burgerlomo: 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
franklingud:
Your husband is a good man.

I know where you're going grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Oracleforce:
You marry your husband purposely to take care of your father's irresponsibility and to ameliorate your lineage poverty...
Since you know that this is the reason for marriage why can't you wait till you see a wealthy man and marry him instead of getting married to a hustler like your present hubby.
You still the opportunity to divorce and re-marry if your soul wishes....

Truly, marriage Nah scam...a grown-up lady can't work to fend for herself...still waiting for husband to sponsor his entire in-law...what a cursed family!

Bless you ooh come and explain to my inlaws - they want me to build a house for them after paying their rent for nearly 6 years
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Kryzboy(m): 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Me and the man can relate
Kudos to him...
Your parents sold you to your husband so shut the fvck up
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by korm2me(m): 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Nbotee:
Na everyday una dey recycle dis story? I've read dis story severally here on nairaland and it's beginning to sound made up.. To all the young women out there, marriage is not an investment for your mother and father and siblings to reap huge returns from, U shld be more concerned with helping the young man build up the family U both have agreed to start... If U want to help ur father and his family financially, go and get a job
I thought am the only one. Its definitely made up. Cox I have read exactly same story here over 2 years ago
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Truvelisback(m): 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
psucc:
When you buy a car, do you go back to assist the seller? So many parents fail the test here. They fail to understand that marriage is a union not a transaction. You get united with another family and hence share also her burden (if any). But where you get it all at the initial stage, be ready also to starve at the later stage.

Marriage Is A Union Not A Transaction. D Transaction Has Now Brought Sanction That Has Led To Her Reaction.

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by JUSTICEBOS22(m): 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
[quote author=Easyincome24 post=102912204]My Husband paid N580K for my Bride price and refused to help my family members
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

You have come to the right place..
You can get two plots of land for 580k in my village, your family is greedy & dey sold you,

Probably your brother some share from the sale of you
mtwee grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
Maxijoe:
Did you not just said he collects 70k as salary? If he spend 30k monthly for feeding and other utilities, and he keeps 10k for himself and other expenses and he is to save 30k monthly (that is if feasible). it will take approximately 20 months for him to recoup that 580k spent on your bride price alone, yet you want monthly stipens for your parent and other responsibilies, ABBA young lady its just 8 months and you are already complaining. at least you should give him time to balance before disturbing him on some of these things. he is definitly not happy with the way he was treated and even if you want him to do something as regards your brother, you just have to beg and pamper him to do it. its not easy to safe money this days. He love you so much to spend that much on you even when it was not easy. I wish you well in your marriage

She and her family are just parasites - MEN learn to recognize a Parasite

Good Parasites have a symbiotic relationship with you, they take from you and they do something of value to you.. they know that if you die, they die too

Bad Parasites will always take and take and never give- they know that they will jump off to suck another victim should you die from their blood-sucking ways
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Burgerlomo: 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
IJOBA11:
FI OKOMI LE

IS THAT YOUR NAMEgrin

Habaaa you get dirty mind grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by sofiscatedmoron: 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
If I say Nigerian girls are useless now they will say I'm wicked
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by saintobing: 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
my dear your husband is not earning enough and you want him to be sharing the peanut he earns to both your family..? madam u re getting it wrong...first your husband tried hard to raise 580k for your bride price ...why cant your brother try also harder to raise bride price once he has matured to take a wife...in life you dont support or assist any man with cash once its bride price issue...its only white weds a man needs support both financially..so tell ur brother to back off once he cannot raise 400k for bride price...who is going to fed them if he cannot married a wife with his money
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
LikeAking:
Correct husband.

I will do the same when ever I get married.

The story na fiction.

hi
I'm thinking the story is fiction too because any wife that tries that with me,I might display madness in that moment wallahi,when the family is not mad,I mean when they are not craze
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by realray(m): 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
my dear read between the lines, kama at work here...
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by OgideAgu: 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
Old story
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Highhhio(m): 7:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
madam you got it all wrong,label your husband irresponsible man is very wrong,do you really love your husband? your husband salary is very small 70k, transportation, feeding in the office, family up keep, you have no different from your family,by the time you remove all those thing nothing much,your hair,your cream,etc,now your family brought list of younger brother 120k, may GOD be with this man ooo.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by quineP(f): 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
This is so irritating to read� some women and their sense of entitlement... tueh
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Gjmff: 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
How has your family responsibilities becomes your husband responsibility. Better advice your lazy families to get a job. Even your husband responsibilities on you should be limited because you should both contribute to the home expenses if you are in a developed country. You should go and get a job and spend your money on your family members not your husband. If it’s me I would have sent you packing out of my house sef
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by B2E2N2J(m): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
Me I d sing am like song give my girl. E get d kind price I go see, she no go near her family house after marriage talk less of my Kobo to cross border
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Charity85(m): 7:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
I don't know when men will learn ? Marriage is meant for two independent humans (especially financially) because it is a union of symbiosis and not parasitism. Once it is parasitism, it's no longer marriage but exploitation and it will only take time for the losing host to react explosively, eliminating the source of loss. It's just a normal reaction. Unfortunately such reaction causes collapse of the marriage with untold consequences on children if any in future
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Iyasaburi: 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
One bad turn deserves another. Reduce price una no gree, the is collecting 70k, 120 is 2 months salary, the money he used to pay your own you no tell us how he get am. Make una no kill donkey o
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Jonovo98: 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
Which kind world be this, my friend the man no marry your family problem,if he like he contribute not by force.......
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Pharaohny: 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
Wahala for who see marriage as a poverty alleviation scheme
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Chatbrainz(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
I don’t understand this woman ooo...if the man wants to contribute towards your brothers wedding it should be from his free will.it’s not compulsory
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by MyAmericandream(f): 7:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
Johnholmes:
U must be very senseless to bring dis issue to nairaland. And I must say u are rather wicked.
U wan finish ur husband angry
Very shallow girl. Your husband gathered almost 600k for your bride price, your brother cannot gathered 400k & he wants the in-law to assist him with 120k. Some family are so heartless. She still wants her husband to assist her parent from that 70k salary again while she stays idle. Poverty bad gan!
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by DeWisedon(m): 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
If the lady was my wife, that will be the end of the marriage. So her broda is so irresponsible that they are contributing money for him to get married, what a shame, both her parents are irresponsible and gullible too

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier And Her Naval Officer Husband In Loved Up Photos / ‘I Cannot Withstand My Husband's Vigorous Lovemaking After Taking Manpower' / Christian Oluchukwu Nwodia Missing Person: Please Have You Seen This Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.