Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Questions and answers thread on Ac System. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Questions and answers thread on Ac System. (5999 Views)

Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. / Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. / Virus Attack On Car AC System. A Must Read For Car Owners With Active AC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by aieromon(m): 3:13pm On Feb 05, 2022
Edozie13:
Good morning,

The issue with my ac (Toyota Camry 2007 LE) is that the pulley was making rattling noise and my mechanic suggested I changed it, that it will still work and after he changed the head, the ac worked for 2 days then stopped. I drove the car to him and he said the compressor wasn't getting enough pressure to make the ac work.

However, I found a shortcut to making it work by stepping on the throttle while in Park or increased speed but that seems to have stopped working now.

Please any solution?

Faulty pulley or tensioner. Tell the mechanic to also check the belt for wear and tear.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by adetunjioludami(m): 6:08am On Feb 06, 2022
Peppermintflav:

The bearing needs changing.
Ohk. Thanks so much.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by adetunjioludami(m): 6:09am On Feb 06, 2022
autologic:

There is nothing to service on a compressor that is going bad .
Ohk thanks.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by adetunjioludami(m): 6:10am On Feb 06, 2022
autologic:

There is nothing to service on a compressor that is going bad .
Any idea of price for tokunbo manual compressor for a Scion xA. Scion shares part with Yaris.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Edozie13(m): 7:17am On Feb 06, 2022
Faulty pulley or tensioner. Tell the mechanic to also check the belt for wear and tear.[/quote]

The belt and pulley was recently changed, still won't blow cool air
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Edozie13(m): 7:20am On Feb 06, 2022
aieromon:

I have changed the pulley and the belt, still won't blow cool air.

Faulty pulley or tensioner. Tell the mechanic to also check the belt for wear and tear.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by aieromon(m): 7:42am On Feb 06, 2022
Edozie13:

I have changed the pulley and the belt, still won't blow cool air

Let a AC technician check for compressor malfunction or low freon gas in the system.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Edozie13(m): 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
Ok..

Thanks

aieromon:

Let a AC technician check for compressor malfunction or low freon gas in the system.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Lush100(m): 10:25am On Feb 17, 2022
Hello,
My AC cools when on top speed but when stationery it does not cool.
I bought a new battery 3 weeks ago and upon starting my AC began to cools very very well but now it has gone back to the same problem.
If i step on throttle when parked, the ac cools.
My car drags during first take off after it is parked for long and i suspect the injectors need servicing.
Pls what do u advice as regards my AC.
Car is Toyota Corolla sports 2006

Cc autologic
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 11:13am On Feb 17, 2022
Lush100:
Hello,
My AC cools when on top speed but when stationery it does not cool.
I bought a new battery 3 weeks ago and upon starting my AC began to cools very very well but now it has gone back to the same problem.
If i step on throttle when parked, the ac cools.
My car drags during first take off after it is parked for long and i suspect the injectors need servicing.
Pls what do u advice as regards my AC.
Car is Toyota Corolla sports 2006

Cc autologic
The culprit is likely your compressor going bad but it is not professional to make a guess wehn adequate test has not been carried out.
So get a technican that is equipped with ac manifold Guage and has skill to interpret manifold pressure reading of liquid and suction side pressure on the ac system
At different rpm reading of low engine speed and high engine speed he will be able to see the compressor output and from their deduce whatever is happening.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Lush100(m): 5:10am On Feb 18, 2022
autologic:

The culprit is likely your compressor going bad but it is not professional to make a guess wehn adequate test has not been carried out.
So get a technican that is equipped with ac manifold Guage and has skill to interpret manifold pressure reading of liquid and suction side pressure on the ac system
At different rpm reading of low engine speed and high engine speed he will be able to see the compressor output and from their deduce whatever is happening.
Ok thanks.
I was told about 2 months ago to change the compressor and condenser.
Out of curiosity, why did the AC cool so well when i bought a brand new battery for the car...any explanation please
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
My 2010 camry ac compressor started making noise but stills cools well. Is their any solution apart from getting a new compressor
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 9:22am On Feb 19, 2022
Lush100:

Ok thanks.
I was told about 2 months ago to change the compressor and condenser.
Out of curiosity, why did the AC cool so well when i bought a brand new battery for the car...any explanation please
There is no relationship between change of battery and increase in ac performance, the main essence of a battery is to crank the engine engine and after that your alternator take over power management ,which is why I will always advocate for physical definite diagnosis and making inference from technical data other than online car owner observation has been done here.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Lush100(m): 12:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
autologic:

There is no relationship between change of battery and increase in ac performance, the main essence of a battery is to crank the engine engine and after that your alternator take over power management .which is why I will always advocate for performing physical definite diagnosis for any issue,will be difficult to make dedution based on remote online observation alone.

Ok sir,
I am most grateful for the response.

Can i use this transmission fluid in pix below for Toyota Corolla sports 2006

Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 1:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
Lush100:

Ok sir,
I am most grateful for the response.

Can i use this transmission fluid in pix below for Toyota Corolla sports 2006
No sir, the recommended atf fluid is Toyota type T IV

Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by autologic: 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
Unstoppable100:
My 2010 camry ac compressor started making noise but stills cools well. Is their any solution apart from getting a new compressor
If the noise is internal to the compressor other than bearings noise then it about changing the compressor
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Bonjovi13: 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
adetunjioludami:
My AC compressor makes screeching noise each time it compresses (it's a manual compressor). An AC tech guy said the compressor is almost bad. Is that true or I just need to service it or something.

Hi
Have you fixed the noise?
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Bonjovi13: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
Edozie13:
Good morning,

The issue with my ac (Toyota Camry 2007 LE) is that the pulley was making rattling noise and my mechanic suggested I changed it, that it will still work and after he changed the head, the ac worked for 2 days then stopped. I drove the car to him and he said the compressor wasn't getting enough pressure to make the ac work.

Hi has it been fixed? What did you do

However, I found a shortcut to making it work by stepping on the throttle while in Park or increased speed but that seems to have stopped working now.

Please any solution?
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by adetunjioludami(m): 8:29am On Feb 23, 2022
Bonjovi13:

Hi
Have you fixed the noise?

Nope, I've not been able to get a good AC technician in Ibadan.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by nickyosas(m): 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2022
Good afternoon.
Honda CRV 2008 recently started having this problem: The AC works fine while driving, but once it comes to idle or at at a traffic stop light, the car suddenly shudders with a drop in the rpm and in some instances dies. I start it back on, and it work again till the next stop sign and it happens all over again. I have scanned and there no codes. i would really appreciate your comments.
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by Lush100(m): 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2022
adetunjioludami:

Nope, I've not been able to get a good AC technician in Ibadan.

Have u fixed your air conditioner
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by alaricsaltzman: 10:52am On Apr 30, 2023
abiolag:

I have slightly different issue. when I'm on top speed even if the weather is hot, the AC will be chilling but once I enter little traffic it won't blow cool again. What could be the issue pls

I have this exact issue with my Car AC

Have you been to fix yours?

If yes, how did you go about it?
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by abiolag(m): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2023
alaricsaltzman:

I have this exact issue with my Car AC

Have you been to fix yours?

If yes, how did you go about it?
Still having same issue
Re: Questions and answers thread on Ac System. by alaricsaltzman: 9:38pm On May 01, 2023
abiolag:

Still having same issue
What have you don to resolve it so far?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! / The Car With The Most Fuel Economy / Transmissions Issues In 2005 Camry. Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.