Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. (5651 Views)

How Shehu Sani Got Into Trouble With EFCC Over Car Dealer’s $30,000 / How Jonathan Signed Himself Into Trouble With Fourth Amendment Bill 2015 / Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 8:37am On Jun 22, 2021
Are they both Nigerians? We have been calling each other names based on skin tone, I wonder why that lady is even bringing it up?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 8:39am On Jun 22, 2021
Its shocking! We have been calling each other names based on skin tone, it is not a big deal. That woman is sick.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where is the love?

See how she's stylishly made her own countryman lose his prestigious job at Wells Fargo just because she could not take a little harmless teasing.

My good Lord will surely punish her Insha Allah.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by ruggedtimi(m): 8:40am On Jun 22, 2021
Very stupid message from the guy....blacks hating blacks sad

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 8:40am On Jun 22, 2021
Which one is he did not try? Are you a Nigerian is this the first time you have people throwing insults based on skin tone?

Freestainworld:
But the guy no try at all.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by ruggedtimi(m): 8:41am On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where is the love?

See how she's stylishly made her own countryman lose his prestigious job at Wells Fargo just because she could not take a little harmless teasing.

punish how If it was a white man that made that comment what will be the world's reaction ?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 8:41am On Jun 22, 2021
Asin eh! I believe she is a Nigerian, what the hell?

She knows that it is not a big deal, unless she did not grow up in Nigeria.

BuyAndSellStuff:
Isn't this excessive?
Hmmm

Which colour shame in Nigeria did she face?? Fear humans!

If I'm the guy its time to fight madness with madness. I'll log out of my account, lie that my account was hacked/compromised then dump that account for life.

You can't fire me if someone else sent those messages and you have NO proof it was me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by siofra(f): 8:42am On Jun 22, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

Which colour shame abeg? Is it in Oshodi where every man is black abi Lekki where the bleachers reside??

Btw, clowns are better than retards.

I have a dark friend and people make insensitive comments about her,there was one time we were passing through a volleyball court in school and a boy told her: "your skin is ugly" straight up, no filter.
I won't insult you, I'm a law-abiding nairalander grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by SeunOSEWApenis(f): 8:42am On Jun 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
What she did was not nice.

She should have warned him about his inappropriate comments before reporting. Atleast give him a chance to be remorseful and to apologize and only report if he acts unremorseful.

Now, he will be sacked by the woke company and wont be able to find a job again.
yoa are very correct..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by JubrinElSudan: 8:43am On Jun 22, 2021
Nice one girl! Someone you never knew from Adam just barged into your DM to color shame you. If you want to troll someone, use a troll account
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by thundafire: 8:44am On Jun 22, 2021
Conner44:
lol. village people have located the guy in yankee through twitter with vpn. they will sack him and maybe prosecute him for being silly. imagine trying to chyke the lady but ending up unemployed. fear women oh, it is not all of them you talk to anyhow. mammi water and ogbanje plenty for internet too.

before you aim a throw-stick at the fruit bunch, you must show the sky your face
trust oyibo dey will do it with joy
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 8:45am On Jun 22, 2021
Let me ask you first, are you a Nigerian did you grow up in Nigeria?

WoundedLamb:
Wow! All of you blaming the woman are just a bunch of chauvinistic individuals. You guys just don't know where to draw the line between always siding men and being logical. The guy left Twitter, Instagram, etc. to flirt on a professional website. As if that's not bad enough, he went on to harass the second party by body shaming her for no reason. Her reaction made it clear she wasn't having it. Instead of the guy to go his way, he went on with the harassment deliberating attempting to hurt her for no reason cause he knew (or thought) there was nothing she could do. She then used the power at her own disposal and you guys here supporting the guy? So because, she's also a Nigerian, she should swallow anything the man sends her way? The same man that forgot he too was black when he was calling her charcoal? No wonder you guys keep voting in idiots into power. Seriously, you guys in Africa deserve that continent.

Would you guys be typing this if it was a lady that harrased a guy? Wouldn't y'all be here calling her olosho who has taken the uselessness of Nigerians girls to the US? Now, it's a guy and suddenly you think he should have been left off the hook? When will you people learn to hold each other accountable without sentiments? What do you think the American workplace would be like if such people are not put in check? You guys want to run away from Nigeria but you still want to be doing the same things that make Nigeria a bad place out here, no mutual respect. How can people do the right thing in Nigeria when nobody is interested in orderliness? The kind of things you people support always makes one ashamed of being Nigerian.

Anyway, I'm glad the man was dealt with. If he wants a place where he can go around harrasing people and getting praised for it, he should go back to Africa.

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by thundafire: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
What she did was not nice.

She should have warned him about his inappropriate comments before reporting. Atleast give him a chance to be remorseful and to apologize and only report if he acts unremorseful.

Now, he will be sacked by the woke company and wont be able to find a job again.
shut up,na people like u dey beat women

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by thundafire: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where is the love?

zombie on the lose

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by BuyAndSellStuff: 8:47am On Jun 22, 2021
siofra:

I have a dark friend and people make insensitive comments about her,there was one time we were passing through a volleyball court in school and a boy told her: "your skin is ugly" straight up, no filter.
I won't insult you, I'm a law-abiding nairalander grin

Hahaha. grin cheesy wow!
"You won't insult me"? After you already insulted me calling me clown, got it back hot & now you are the victim.

Nigerians ehn grin grin
You & that wicked woman, no difference.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2021
If you are Nigerian and you're supporting the woman, you need psyche evaluation.

Since when is yabbing people based on skin tone a big deal?

LadySarah:
He deserves it and more.
I noticed men here are in the habit of supporting evil,giving them a soft landing or stupid explanations their gender does here .

Is her color disturbing him or stopping his progress that he even had to recommend bleaching at the end?

Anybody supporting him needs his head to be thoroughly examined!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by thundafire: 8:48am On Jun 22, 2021
[s][/s]
davidadenrele:

Haha!!

In as much I don't support, bullying or body shaming anyone,be it fat, ugly, fine, black or bleach it's would have been better for the lady question, to call the gentleman seun adeoye to tender his apologizes, Nigerians why are always our neighbours, and friends enemy she didn't stop there she has to quote the guy company to draw attention from the company executive this is way too far, women are like lepers they can't milk a cow but they but can pour away the milk from a cow.
u just a disgrace as a black man,so u can support bullying,na ur type of she go bleach u go still talk. Get the Bleep off

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 8:51am On Jun 22, 2021
Please which website is that?

unshakablejihad:
mynd44

seun
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by pocohantas(f): 9:21am On Jun 22, 2021
He thought he was on Nairaland or still in Nigeria where a Yomi Fabiyi can lead a protest for his case.

When in Rome…

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Sterope(f): 9:27am On Jun 22, 2021
It is a big deal in Nigeria. Bullied people do not speak out because we expect them to grow a thick skin and see it as a joke. It doesn't mean those inconsiderate remarks do not affect them.

angelfallz:
Asin eh! I believe she is a Nigerian, what the hell?

She knows that it is not a big deal, unless she did not grow up in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by EmmySparky(m): 9:33am On Jun 22, 2021
That was a stupid comment from the guy but that girl is hyper wicked...u had to remove food from ur fellow human mouth...I wonder how she sleeps at night
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 9:37am On Jun 22, 2021
Please there is a difference between bullying and yabbing someone "based on skin tone".

We have different skin tones, in secondary school there were many guys that were black, we sometimes say things like this guy fit stain charcoal o!
they can reply back, at least if dem flog me, e no go show but if na you, you go just red!

Look what that girl did was horrible and bad. No excuse! Especially if she grew up in Nigeria.

Sterope:
It is a big deal in Nigeria. Bullied people do not speak out because we expect them to grow a thick skin and see it as a joke. It doesn't mean those inconsiderate remarks do not affect them.

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Sterope(f): 9:44am On Jun 22, 2021
Same difference. I am telling you many of them do not appreciate the banter or the yabbing. It gets to them because many are actually hurtful and unnecessary.

Will you take a moment and stop living in your head? Speak to them if you can! Stop assuming it was fine when many have come out to say that it wasn't fine.

Forget friendly banter, there is nothing about this conversation that is funny. It is bullying and it is yabbing based on skin tone. It is the reason he will lose his job, and rightly so. Next time, he will grow a brain!

angelfallz:
Please there is a difference between bullying and yabbing someone "based on skin tone".

We have different skin tones, in secondary there were many guys that were black, we sometimes say things like this guy fit stain charcoal o!
they can reply back, at least if dem flog me, e no go show but if na you, you go just red!

Look what that girl did was horrible and bad. No excuse! Especially if she grew up in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2021
angelfallz:
Let me ask you first, are you a Nigerian did you grow up in Nigeria?

Leave your rude mannerisms back in Nigeria, other countries do not tolerate it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 9:54am On Jun 22, 2021
And I am telling you many of them don't care about the yabbing.

You are just trying to defend something that we both know is wrong. What she did is wrong.

Sterope:
Same difference. I am telling you many of them do not appreciate the banter it the yabbing. It gets to them because many are hurtful.

Will you take a moment and stop living in your head? Speak to them if you can! Stop assuming it was fine when many have come out to say that it wasn't fine.

Forget friendly banter, there is nothing about this conversation that is funny. It is bullying and it is yabbing based on skin tone. It is the reason he will lose his job, and rightly so. Next time, he will grow a brain!

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 9:55am On Jun 22, 2021
Lol, so it is the white man's standard of mannerism that is the yardstick?

YouWillNotWin:

Leave your rude mannerisms back in Nigeria, other countries do not tolerate it.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Sterope(f): 9:57am On Jun 22, 2021
How would you know? Have you bothered asking them?

Shows the kind of person you are. You are a bully. The poor girl did nothing to him but he chose to be very foolish, he deserves everything that happens to him smiley

angelfallz:
And I am telling you many of them don't care about the yabbing.

You are just trying to defend something that we both know is wrong. What she did is wrong.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by pocohantas(f): 10:19am On Jun 22, 2021
Sterope:
How would you know? Have you bothered asking them?

Shows the kind of person you are. You are a bully. The poor girl did nothing to him but he chose to be very foolish, he deserves everything that happens to him smiley

You are replying a redpiller and expecting any bit of sense in his response on this subject matter. I wish you good luck…

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Sterope(f): 10:21am On Jun 22, 2021
Lol. I have already given up. grin

pocohantas:

You are replying a redpiller and expecting any bit of sense in his response on this subject matter. I wish you good luck…

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by DAramis: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2021
To wrongs does not make it right.
Never take away food source from a man's table when you are sure he has siblings, children and parents to support.

The guy is very wrong. If he is close to the lady in question (as friend), then it could be yabbing, but for fact he is not, it is bullying pure and simple. As for the lady going for the extreme in removing 'food source' from the man is extreme wickedness.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by bjdon: 11:18am On Jun 22, 2021
No sympathy for the guy. He's a bully and I hope he gets the sack.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi Vows To Run An All-Inclusive Government As President / Ekiti Election: NSCDC Deploys 9,747 Personnel To Beef Up Security. / PDP Suit Seeking Tinubu’s Disqualification Laughable – APC PCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.