Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. (5647 Views)

How Shehu Sani Got Into Trouble With EFCC Over Car Dealer’s $30,000 / How Jonathan Signed Himself Into Trouble With Fourth Amendment Bill 2015 / Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by bukatyne(f): 11:26am On Jun 22, 2021
Village people were on the guy's matter.

I hope not to meet someone who thinks getting someone sacked is a commensurate 'punishment' for colour bullying sha.

I also hope the girl has never broke shamed, body shamed, skin shamed, career shamed, tribe shamed or country/race shamed anyone.

As always, I come in peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
What she did was not nice.

She should have warned him about his inappropriate comments before reporting. Atleast give him a chance to be remorseful and to apologize and only report if he acts unremorseful.

Now, he will be sacked by the woke company and wont be able to find a job again.

Well he was very rude and unprofessional.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 22, 2021
davidadenrele:

Haha!!

In as much I don't support, bullying or body shaming anyone,be it fat, ugly, fine, black or bleach it's would have been better for the lady question, to call the gentleman seun adeoye to tender his apologizes, Nigerians why are always our neighbours, and friends enemy she didn't stop there she has to quote the guy company to draw attention from the company executive this is way too far, women are like lepers they can't milk a cow but they but can pour away the milk from a cow.

So if I was your co-worker you would like it if i abused you verbally every day?

The guy was at fault. He is no longer in primary school. He is an adult and he is facing adult consequences

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

If it was the other way around, you would have called the man evil for reporting.

If it was the other way around the man would have been right to report

Look there are certain behaviour that is expected of us as adults.

The joker did not learn the lessons He was supposed to learn as a child.

Let us not make this a man woman thing. The guy messed up. Play silly games win silly prizes

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where is the love?

See how she's stylishly made her own countryman lose his employment at prestigious Wells Fargo just because she could not take a little harmless teasing.

She was just being pure wicked. Considering where Oluwaseun Adetoye is from, she should know he meant no harm because his folks don't consider bleaching as derogatory, it is actually a norm for them.
Fathers even buy bleaching creams for their toddlers.

Corporate establishments should learn not to take every complaint on their staff seriously because that has now become the surest way to witch-hunt since firms aim to be politically correct.

My good Lord will judge her and her deeds accordingly

On the other hand behaving childishly as an adult usually brings consequences that can be very devastating.

Oga don't justify the man's silly behaviour. It was wrong. Plain wrong.

When in Rome, do as the Romans.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by shesawesome(f): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
What she did was not nice.

She should have warned him about his inappropriate comments before reporting. Atleast give him a chance to be remorseful and to apologize and only report if he acts unremorseful.

Now, he will be sacked by the woke company and wont be able to find a job again.
No be only second chance

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by shesawesome(f): 11:59am On Jun 22, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Wow! All of you blaming the woman are just a bunch of chauvinistic individuals. You guys just don't know where to draw the line between always siding men and being logical. The guy left Twitter, Instagram, etc. to flirt on a professional website. As if that's not bad enough, he went on to harass the second party by body shaming her for no reason. Her reaction made it clear she wasn't having it. Instead of the guy to go his way, he went on with the harassment deliberating attempting to hurt her for no reason cause he knew (or thought) there was nothing she could do. She then used the power at her own disposal and you guys here supporting the guy? So because, she's also a Nigerian, she should swallow anything the man sends her way? The same man that forgot he too was black when he was calling her charcoal? No wonder you guys keep voting in idiots into power. Seriously, you guys in Africa deserve that continent.

Would you guys be typing this if it was a lady that harrased a guy? Wouldn't y'all be here calling her olosho who has taken the uselessness of Nigerians girls to the US? Now, it's a guy and suddenly you think he should have been left off the hook? When will you people learn to hold each other accountable without sentiments? What do you think the American workplace would be like if such people are not put in check? You guys want to run away from Nigeria but you still want to be doing the same things that make Nigeria a bad place out here, no mutual respect. How can people do the right thing in Nigeria when nobody is interested in orderliness? The kind of things you people support always makes one ashamed of being Nigerian.

Anyway, I'm glad the man was dealt with. If he wants a place where he can go around harrasing people and getting praised for it, he should go back to Africa.

million likes for you

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by WoundedLamb: 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
angelfallz:
Let me ask you first, are you a Nigerian did you grow up in Nigeria?

I'm Nigerian. No, I didn't grow up in Nigeria. I don't know what that has to do with anything though but I'm interested in finding our your perspective.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by WoundedLamb: 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2021
IJOBA11:
IS AFRICA A COUNTRY
I never said it was.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2021
it has a lot to do with everything.
Mentality

WoundedLamb:

I'm Nigerian. No, I didn't grow up in Nigeria. I don't know what that has to do with anything though but I'm interested in finding our your perspective.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by WoundedLamb: 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
[s][/s]

Drama queen.
The chat was on Instagram. It was the woman that took it to a professional website, which I don't understand why.

I've had women tell me worse in Naija & heaven did not fall. Neither have I been immature enough to make someone lose her job because she called me 'big head'. Haba.

And he hasn't been dealt with yet, if that happens, she will lose her job too so take a chill pill.

She'll lose her job too? Lol

Anyway, that is in Nigeria. This is not Nigeria. If the Nigerian style was so good, people wouldn't be running away from the country today. If such attitudes are taken lightly in the US like y'all do in Nigeria, the US wouldn't be that sane country everyone is running to. You can't be in the US and be living the Nigerian lifestyle. Even if you, as an individual, take worse from people anywhere in the world (in case you're no in Nigeria), the lady is not obliged to do the same. You think what the lady did was extreme but it never occurred to you that the guy's words could get someone suicidal.

Wherever the chat happens, it doesn't make it any better. You don't just get into people's space and start shaming them for no reason, no provocation at all. If you do that, you're purely sadistic. You want the lady to take that cause she's also a Nigerian but you don't think the guy should have known he was also black when he was delibrately trying to hurt a fellow black person? I'm a man but I don't care if you call me a drama queen; if I were the lady, I'd do the same. You guys should learn to treat each other with respect.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where is the love?

See how she's stylishly made her own countryman lose his employment at prestigious Wells Fargo just because she could not take a little harmless teasing.

She was just being pure wicked. Considering where Oluwaseun Adetoye is from, she should know he meant no harm because his folks don't consider bleaching as derogatory, it is actually a norm for them.
Fathers even buy bleaching creams for their toddlers.

Corporate establishments should learn not to take every complaint on their staff seriously because that has now become the surest way to witch-hunt since firms aim to be politically correct.

My good Lord will judge her and her deeds accordingly
I've confirmed it now you are as useless and as foolish as hell. Useless creature.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Anyway, that is in Nigeria. This is not Nigeria. If the Nigerian style was so good, people wouldn't be running away from the country today. If such attitudes are taken lightly in the US like y'all do in Nigeria, the US wouldn't be that sane country everyone is running to. You can't be in the US and be living the Nigerian lifestyle. Even if you, as an individual, take worse from people anywhere in the world (in case you're no in Nigeria), the lady is not obliged to do the same. You think what the lady did was extreme but it never occurred to you that the guy's words could get someone suicidal.

Wherever the chat happens, it doesn't make it any better. You don't just get into people's space and start shaming them for no reason, no provocation at all. If you do that, you're purely sadistic. You want the lady to take that cause she's also a Nigerian but you don't think the guy should have known he was also black when he was delibrately trying to hurt a fellow black person? I'm a man but I don't care if you call me a drama queen; if I were the lady, I'd do the same. You guys should learn to treat each other with respect.
All this grammar on top of a country with a huge amount of useless and stupid illiterates. grin
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by WoundedLamb: 1:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
angelfallz:
it has a lot to do with everything.
Mentality

Hhmm... I see. So you think my mentality is screwed up? Just curious.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by WoundedLamb: 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
SegFault:

All this grammar on top of a country with a huge amount of useless and stupid illiterates. grin

Lol... no comment.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Wow! All of you blaming the woman are just a bunch of chauvinistic individuals. You guys just don't know where to draw the line between always siding men and being logical. The guy left Twitter, Instagram, etc. to flirt on a professional website. As if that's not bad enough, he went on to harass the second party by body shaming her for no reason. Her reaction made it clear she wasn't having it. Instead of the guy to go his way, he went on with the harassment deliberating attempting to hurt her for no reason cause he knew (or thought) there was nothing she could do. She then used the power at her own disposal and you guys here supporting the guy? So because, she's also a Nigerian, she should swallow anything the man sends her way? The same man that forgot he too was black when he was calling her charcoal? No wonder you guys keep voting in idiots into power. Seriously, you guys in Africa deserve that continent.

Would you guys be typing this if it was a lady that harrased a guy? Wouldn't y'all be here calling her olosho who has taken the uselessness of Nigerians girls to the US? Now, it's a guy and suddenly you think he should have been left off the hook? When will you people learn to hold each other accountable without sentiments? What do you think the American workplace would be like if such people are not put in check? You guys want to run away from Nigeria but you still want to be doing the same things that make Nigeria a bad place out here, no mutual respect. How can people do the right thing in Nigeria when nobody is interested in orderliness? The kind of things you people support always makes one ashamed of being Nigerian.

Anyway, I'm glad the man was dealt with. If he wants a place where he can go around harrasing people and getting praised for it, he should go back to Africa.

As usual always sensible. Remember talking with my cousins who stayed in the US, educated people there are usually sensible, but here even a man with a PhD can behave like a Neanderthal and others would see it as normal. Tueh.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Lol... no comment.
To talk to these sort of people is so tiring.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by WoundedLamb: 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2021
SegFault:

As usual always sensible. Remember talking with my cousins who stayed in the US, educated people there are usually sensible, but here even a man with a PhD can behave like a Neanderthal and others would see it as normal. Tueh.

Lol @Neanderthal. That's extreme. But I get you, Nigerians don't realize that development starts from the mind.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by BuyAndSellStuff: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
[s]
WoundedLamb:

[/s]

You still haven't shown proof that the guy typed that.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by WoundedLamb: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
SegFault:

To talk to these sort of people is so tiring.

Yeah but ignoring them isn't exactly the best option really.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by WoundedLamb: 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
[s][/s]

You still haven't shown proof that the guy typed that.

I should have known I was wasting my time here.

Enjoy your day, sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by sterlingD(m): 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
angelfallz:
Asin eh! I believe she is a Nigerian, what the hell?
She knows that it is not a big deal, unless she did not grow up in Nigeria.
angelfallz:
Which one is he did not try? Are you a Nigerian is this the first time you have people throwing insults based on skin tone?
See eh over there it is a big deal. Even if she did not react to it to this extent years later someone will sieve through the internet and dig it out. You know America is a place where you can aspire for something and most times get it unhindered but people will go and do thorough background check on you and dig out everything about you whether good or bad and you know the internet never forgets.

We have seen cases where actors,politicians,.......etc especially made derogatory comments on social media years back and when they get into lime light all of a sudden from no where those comments they made while back surface and it puts dents to their career. For some of them it was a miracle their careers did not take a dip from grace to grass but for others that became the end of them.

While on the net and on whatever platform show decorum,etiquette and maturity. People are different. What one can tolerate another can not and will not tolerate and even if one tolerates there is a limit to it. Also note if the corporate existence of the society frowns at such and puts up mechanism to deal with such they will take appropriate and decisive action to set example so as to mitigate such.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
Shey it was a private message.

sterlingD:

See eh over there it is a big deal. Even if she did not react to it to this extent years later someone will sieve through the internet and dig it out. You know America is a place where you can aspire for something and most times get it unhindered but people will go and do thorough background check on you and dig out everything about you whether good or bad and you know the internet never forgets.

We have seen cases where actors,politicians,.......etc especially made derogatory comments on social media years back and when they get into lime light all of a sudden from no where those comments they made while back surface and it puts dents to their career. For some of them it was a miracle their careers did not take a dip from grace to grass but for others that became the end of them.

While on the net and on whatever platform show decorum,etiquette and maturity. People are different. What one can tolerate another can not and will not tolerate and even if one tolerates there is a limit to it. Also note if the corporate existence of the society frowns at such and puts up mechanism to deal with such they will take appropriate and decisive action to set example so as to mitigate such.

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
Lol. Funny you.

No, I don't think your mentality is screwed up.

What I meant by mentality is, in Nigeria yabbing(making jest) of people due to their skin tone is normal and it is not a big deal. That is the Nigerian mentality.

But since you did not grow up in Nigeria, you would not have that mentality would you?

You grew up in an environment that is sensitive to skin colour(race) therefore you would be sensitive to it and take the woman's side on this matter and condemn those that don't.

WoundedLamb:

Hhmm... I see. So you think my mentality is screwed up? Just curious.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by MrSamsung(m): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2021
Till this day, Nigerians have not yet realized that they are one of the most racist people if not most racist here on earth.

If they and other African countries were to have the status and advancement that the white men have, they would have done things that hands and mouth will refuse to talk.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by sterlingD(m): 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
angelfallz:
Shey it was a private message.
See eh forget that thing o. Private or not them fit use am against person when time reach and u know na this kind of news dey catch fire spread well well and dey sell market well well especially when you are known to be a renowned public figure or celebrity.

Right now l am reading a Book Titled;DESTROY A MAN NOW (D.A.M.N).And from the few pages l have read l am in shock and speechless.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
angelfallz:
Lol. Funny you.

What I meant by mentality is, in Nigeria yabbing(making jest) of people due to their skin tone is normal and it is not a big deal. That is the Nigerian mentality.

But since you did not grow up in Nigeria, you would not have that mentality would you?

You grew up in an environment that is sensitive to skin colour(race) therefore you would be sensitive to it and take the woman's side on this matter and condemn those that don't.

Well, I grew up in Nigeria, and I think the man's comment on the woman's looks was awful, and he deserved to be sacked.

Now, I grew up in Nigeria, as I said, and I know yabis, I even enjooyed doing some of it.

But the thing is, both of them were in a new environment...a new society, with different ways of doing things. And there is a saying for that...when in Rome, do as the Romans. You are in America, a society that looks down on verbal and other forms of 'bullying'...and let's be honest if the woman had not reported...someone else would have done so on her behalf.

I feel sorry for the sacked guy.Honestly I do. But bros should have known him no dey for naija anymre. Him dey yankee, him suppose adjust accordingly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by WoundedLamb: 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
angelfallz:
Lol. Funny you.

I appreciate the extra mile you go just to figure out the source of our differences, and I don't take for granted the fact that you gave me a soft landing/escape route even though you don't seem to agree with my stance on the subject. That's not very common on Nairaland.

However, even though I don't understand the logic behind mocking a black skin, I believe such "yabbing" is meant for friends and family. I don't think walking up to a stranger and telling her her skin is black as charcoal is ideal even in Nigeria. The difference between jest and insult is the relationship between the parties involved, and even at that, you should know when the recipient is not okey with a particular "yabbing" like the lady clearly indicated in the chat. You can't call the guy's second statement "yabbing", he obviously wanted her to feel bad. You don't insult or say hurtful things to people in the guise of jest, and act all surprised when they feel hurt. I appreciate the Nigerian social life but talking each other into depression and desperation is a different thing.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by davidadenrele: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
Beancounter93:

So if I was your co-worker you would like it if i abused you verbally every day?

The guy was at fault. He is no longer in primary school. He is an adult and he is facing adult consequences

I stand on my point does she has to mention the office the guy in question works what's her motive if we asked who in question offends the guy or the organization he works for?? make we reason things well ooo,Because someone body shamed you go on social media to mention where he works just to get back him to the extend of trying to get him sacked it's still doesnt guarantee she will get the apology common sense they say is not common.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2021
davidadenrele:

I stand on my point does she has to mention the office the guy in question works what's her motive if we asked who in question offends the guy or the organization he works for?? make we reason things well ooo,Because someone body shamed you go on social media to mention where he works just to get back him to the extend of trying to get him sacked it's still doesnt guarantee she will get the apology common sense they say is not common.

Well, even on the interent, we must behave as adults.

Also, the guy and girl were based in the US of A. So, if she had not reported, someone else who was offended might have done so

When in the US, do as they do. Life is not like Nigeria everywhere else. Nigerians tend to forget that.

Plus, even in Nigeria, if I adressed one of my co-workers that way, I could get into trobule....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2021
I agree with the statement when in Rome do as the Romans. But you are forgetting that it was a private chat. It was not on a public forum.

Beancounter93:

Well, I grew up in Nigeria, and I think the man's comment on the woman's looks was awful, and he deserved to be sacked.

Now, I grew up in Nigeria, as I said, and I know yabis, I even enjooyed doing some of it.

But the thing is, both of them were in a new environment...a new society, with different ways of doing things. And there is a saying for that...when in Rome, do as the Romans. You are in America, a society that looks down on verbal and other forms of 'bullying'...and let's be honest if the woman had not reported...someone else would have done so on her behalf.

I feel sorry for the sacked guy.Honestly I do. But bros should have known him no dey for naija anymre. Him dey yankee, him suppose adjust accordingly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aondoakaa Chased From Hotel Room / Can The Nigerian Army Win The War Against Boko Haram? / Like Wike, Like Jonathan. SEE What Rivers Governor Was Caught Doing (SEE Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.