Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,559 members, 7,827,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. (5675 Views)

How Shehu Sani Got Into Trouble With EFCC Over Car Dealer’s $30,000 / How Jonathan Signed Himself Into Trouble With Fourth Amendment Bill 2015 / Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
It was a private message which can be deleted, so there is no way anyone would go and dig it up, it is not like twitter or facebook where what you said in the past can be dug up.

It is unfortunate that she chose to weaponise their chat over something that is not a big deal in her country, because she knows that the said man is working for a foreign company.

sterlingD:

See eh forget that thing o. Private or not them fit use am against person when time reach and u know na this kind of news dey catch fire spread well well and dey sell market well well especially when you are known to be a renowned public figure or celebrity.

Right now l am reading a Book Titled;DESTROY A MAN NOW (D.A.M.N).And from the few pages l have read l am in shock and speechless.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
angelfallz:
I agree with the statement when in Rome do as the Romans. But you are forgetting that it was a private chat. It was not on a public forum.

Well, she

1.Did not know him before he slid into her DM
2.He sends her a message, and the first words out of his mouth are derogatory
3.And again, it is the USA where such things are looked down on....

If I sent you a DM, or email for the first time....and the first words in the message were derogatory/rude comments about how you looked, I doubt you won't think twice before ensuring I faced consequences for my behavior.

Infact the guy behaved not only foolishly, he behaved like a child. A big child for that matter.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
There is no need going back forth

Beancounter93:

Well, she

1.Did not know him before he slid into her DM
2.He sends her a message, and the first words out of his mouth are derogatory
3.And again, it is the USA where such things are looked down on....

If I sent you a DM, or email for the first time....and the first words in the message were derogatory/rude comments about how you looked, I doubt you won't think twice before ensuring I faced consequences for my behavior.

Infact the guy behaved not only foolishly, he behaved like a child. A big child for that matter.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2021
angelfallz:
There is no need going back forth

If someone was rude to you, you won't brush it off...so why are you attacking someone else for ensuring that someone faced the consequences for his rude behavior towards her...

Infact if it was a guy who a woman did this to, I would expect the guy to report the woman posthaiste...

This happened in the US, where right now, a celebrity, who happens to be female and very woke, is currently in hot water for doing what the man you are defending did....and she did her own nearly 10 years ago....and many of her victims are talking well, well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by eastOFwest(m): 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Ouch but dis is extreme... learn to fight fire with fire, if he shames you report him to admin, shame him back, warn him, ignore him, you shouldn't take every insult personally...

Anyways I'm interested in seeing how dis story will end, I'm sure it will push public sympathy to the guy side, that's what happens when you go too far for revenge.

Please don't make me laff?

Public sympathy from who?
From white men?
From white women?
From African American men?
From African American women?

Oh, oohkaaayy. You mean sympathy from Nairaland people with ZERO impact on public opinion in USA?

Please let me laff now cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by angelfallz(m): 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
What that girl did was horrible.

bukatyne:
Village people were on the guy's matter.

I hope not to meet someone who thinks getting someone sacked is a commensurate 'punishment' for colour bullying sha.

I also hope the girl has never broke shamed, body shamed, skin shamed, career shamed, tribe shamed or country/race shamed anyone.

As always, I come in peace.
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by bukatyne(f): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2021
eastOFwest:

From white men?
From white women?

Oh, oohkaaayy. You mean sympathy from Nairaland people with ZERO impact on public opinion in USA?

Let me join you to laugh.

Baba say public sympathy for a black man who yabbed a black woman in a country that has weaponized female victimhood.

Talmabout calling aunty black is why she has not climbed the corporate ladder.

Even people who call Yorubas 'Ofe mmanus', 'Dirty'; Igbos 'ritualist', 'flat head' or 'lacking respect'; Hausas 'aboki' or 'uneducated' or 'Alimajiri' would support Hanti under the guise of being woke.

Their family members might still be doing same as we speak.

Ki ori wa maa gbabode.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by bukatyne(f): 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2021
angelfallz:
What that girl did was horrible.

I like this life:

It is turn by turn plc.

WHATEVER you sow, you will reap sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by FantasyHub: 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
One man's meat is really another man's poison.
Oh, my precious black women, I love y'all; especially those Goddesses from Caribbean islands.

By the way, the guy is a moda4ka, let him suffer for his stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2021
eastOFwest:

From white men?
From white women?

Sympathy from American conservatives and those who have been condemning cancel culture, also sympathy from some liberals who feel the Man had freedom of speech... Like I said we'll see how the story goes
Re: Nigerian Man In Trouble With His US Employer After Color Shaming A Lady. by Huntsmann: 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
Serves him right, next time he will learn to mind his business

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News: Buhari Finally Bows To Pressure / Download The Uwais Report Here -exclusive To Nairaland / Ijaw Youths Group Endorses Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.