Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! (10374 Views)

Experience Of A 17 Year Old Boy Cleaning A Female Toilet / 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work / 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
MrSamsung:

Aside the peks, pay and status that comes with being a medical practitioner, is it stressful? Does it take a toll on the body? And what do you personally do sometimes to release the steam and unwine sad
the pay is not as glamorous as people assume trust me. Hazard allowance is still 5k.

It takes a toll, especially mentally and physically. It's suspectible to burnout. I have been exposed to HIV and had to take PEP once, was assaulted by a patient once, insulted more times than I can count. Now I'm just numb. The faces become a blur. Many of us are depressed and trapped.

To release steam and unwine, I go out, discuss the work with a friend or parents, i went to the beach last week with my fiancee. I watch cartoons and movies. Some of us drink a few and smoke a few, others to church I take it one day at a time. Trying to process leave soon.

2 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by HRSweetness(f): 11:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
Federal Government/State Government workers.
1. Go late to work, make up for it by closing early
2. Eating in the office
3. Sleep
4. Press phone tire
5. Look at time make 4pm closing hour reach quick
6. Repeat same step until salary is due

cheesy this is hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by real691(m): 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
ravensckar:
There's hope, although the pay will be paltry since most school owners treat NCE holders as pseudo-graduates. The maximum salary an NCE holder will get over here is 50K (that will be in a very big school self). But you can still shoot your shot though. Send me a PM, let's see if I can help you get home lessons. But you have to be living on the island o.

Thanks boss. Sent you a PM.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by sakssey23: 4:32am On Jun 26, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
8h30 - Leave my house and go to the bus stop
8h41 - Bus leave the bus stop
8h55 - I am at work
9h - I start work. Mostly coding and doing some test on the machine. My work is related to control, protection, and systems engineering
10h - Coffee break with my colleagues. Talk about anything and everything
10h20 - Coffee break is over and I go back to work
12h - Lunch break
14h - Lunch break is over and I go back to work
15h30 - Coffee break
15h50 - Coffee break is over and go back to work
18h - Work has finished. i leave the office and go home

E be like say your work - na for obodo oyibo...
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by BrazilaAirporta: 8:20am On Jun 26, 2021
No job yet. I. Prayer
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by adetony244(m): 9:52am On Jun 26, 2021
I get to work by 7am, then leave by 8 pm. 13 hours of non stop work without break. But people think we're fine because we wear ties and fine clothes everyday.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by MeghaneMorgane(f): 11:04am On Jun 26, 2021
sakssey23:

E be like say your work - na for obodo oyibo...

What about staff bus? Staff bus leaves at a particular time from a particular stop everyday
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by MeghaneMorgane(f): 11:05am On Jun 26, 2021
adetony244:
I get to work by 7am, then leave by 8 pm. 13 hours of non stop work without break. But people think we're fine because we wear ties and fine clothes everyday.
This has to be a bank job
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by nuelyoyo(m): 11:12am On Jun 26, 2021
Ishilove:
Talk talk talk, meetings, shout, negotiate, accounting, inventory taking... And calls. The calls never end, sometimes even till 11pm. Head sef dey pain me now because of stress.

I've learned to be very bold because of my constant exposure to confrontations and crisis management, so yeah, we keep meeuving up cheesy
This sounds like sales and marketing.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by real691(m): 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
ravensckar:
There's hope, although the pay will be paltry since most school owners treat NCE holders as pseudo-graduates. The maximum salary an NCE holder will get over here is 50K (that will be in a very big school self). But you can still shoot your shot though. Send me a PM, let's see if I can help you get home lessons. But you have to be living on the island o.

I appreciate your PM response.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by CsRockefeller(m): 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ishilove:
Talk talk talk, meetings, shout, negotiate, accounting, inventory taking... And calls. The calls never end, sometimes even till 11pm. Head sef dey pain me now because of stress.

I've learned to be very bold because of my constant exposure to confrontations and crisis management, so yeah, we keep meeuving up cheesy

Hi, how u doing? Sent you a mail.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by CsRockefeller(m): 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
the pay is not as glamorous as people assume trust me. Hazard allowance is still 5k.

It takes a toll, especially mentally and physically. It's suspectible to burnout. I have been exposed to HIV and had to take PEP once, was assaulted by a patient once, insulted more times than I can count. Now I'm just numb. The faces become a blur. Many of us are depressed and trapped.

To release steam and unwine, I go out, discuss the work with a friend or parents, i went to the beach last week with my fiancee. I watch cartoons and movies. Some of us drink a few and smoke a few, others to church I take it one day at a time. Trying to process leave soon.

By "exposed" I'm guessing you got pricked with a needle of an infected Person? If yes, was the PEP drug effective?

Thanks.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
CsRockefeller:

By "exposed" I'm guessing you got pricked with a needle of an infected Person? If yes, was the PEP drug effective?

Thanks.
yes..

It was effective, but the side effects tho
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by CsRockefeller(m): 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
yes..

Oh! Yeah, the side effects are crazy.

I'm currently on my 3rd week of the drug, had sex with a lady who I met online but quickly had to go to the hospital within 48hrs because I didn't know her status. She later did the test and came out positive, but since she's more sexually active than me; I was advised to take the complete dosage.

Thanks. This is the second time I'm getting a reassuring message from a health worker who was exposed.

By the way and I know it's not in my place to ask, you said you went to the beach with your Fiancée, I'm guessing it's still the gentleman you met here right?
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
CsRockefeller:

Oh! Yeah, the side effects are crazy.

I'm currently on my 3rd week of the drug, had sex with a lady who I met online but quickly had to go to the hospital within 48hrs because I didn't know her status. She later did the test and came out positive, but since she's more sexually active than me; I was advised to take the complete dosage.

Thanks. This is the second time I'm getting a reassuring message from a health worker who was exposed.

By the way and I know it's not in my place to ask, you said you went to the beach with your Fiancée, I'm guessing it's still the gentleman you met here right?
yes it is.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by adorablevic: 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2021
7:30am- at work either sleeping or praying
8:30am- work starts, reading through my mails, making and receiving calls, sending messages, conducting interviews sending invoices.
1pm - lunch/ sweet gist with my colleagues, pressing my phone, might rest my head a bit.
4:30pm- already excited about leaving, sometimes that's when some nonsense clients starts sending order
5:00pm- Out
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Lagusta(m): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2021
Chukdobz20:

What happened with your medical career? What you do now?

not all doctors want to do clinical practice in nigeria

I work with a health insurance company now, that gives me more job satisfaction

2 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Lagusta(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2021
Vasgas:

Claims officer@HMO

more than claims officer

acting head of the medical department
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Lagusta(m): 9:21am On Jun 28, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Nice one! You don leave IV line setting for small boys dey collect AC. No wonder you abandoned your lovely diary.
grin.

grin grin grin grin

I really need to educate doctors on other job prospects, many doctors are just suffering and smiling doing what they dont like all in the name of "being a consultant"

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2021
Lagusta:

grin grin grin grin

I really need to educate doctors on other job prospects, many doctors are just suffering and smiling doing what they dont like all in the name of "being a consultant"

Would be a good thread. Will look out for that post. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Bbbwings: 10:00am On Jun 28, 2021
Lagusta:

grin grin grin grin

Mention me

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Vasgas: 10:37am On Jun 28, 2021
Lagusta:

more than claims officer

acting head of the medical department

okay, recently I attended an interview @HMO for that post/customer care service.

If their is any opportunities in your organization, pls let me know. sent you a dm already.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chukdobz20: 11:04am On Jun 28, 2021
Lagusta:

not all doctors want to do clinical practice in nigeria

I work with a health insurance company now, that gives me more job satisfaction

That's nice bro. I understand. I am a lab scientist but now working in IT. Lolz

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Lagusta(m): 11:13am On Jun 28, 2021
Chukdobz20:

doings cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Lagusta(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2021
Vasgas:

okay, recently I attended an interview @HMO for that post/customer care service.

If their is any opportunities in your organization, pls let me know. sent you a dm already.

okay, will be on the lookout

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
AngelicDamsel:
I am a teacher. I resigned during the lockdown to start a business, it failed. Now I have to wait till August (summer) to resume a new teaching job on the island.

I now appreciate my job now more than ever. Even if the pay is not as I would like, with private classes, I was able to live fine. Now no income, I can't wait to resume and this time I will cherish my job and plan well before resigning to start any business in the future.

Thanks for your advice.

I don't do link ups. No one linked me up.
Just go to schools you like and submit your CV. Be sure not to give the gateman. Go inside and don't tell anyone of your intention until you get to the admin's office. Do this and you will be surprised at the number of schools on the island that need teachers so badly.

Tell me yours. smiley

A school wanted to move out of a building, I was told the house was sold, I knew the proprietor so I was given some chairs, boards and other stuffs to start something. I spoke with the lawyer and we both had an understanding, not knowing that there was an ongoing court case between two acclaimed owners. The lawyer I had an understanding with lost the house, the new lawyer rented the building to a new school. My things were seized because I was not recognized as a tenant. The school that left the stuffs for me backed off. Only the school can get the stuffs out as they were the recognized occupants and I just came in through them not the owner. Everything became too complicated, so I left all my things there. I counted all my losses and moved on.
It was my fault because the former lawyer told me to leave before the new lawyer comes to take full control of the building, but I couldn't secure a place to move my things on time. I actually got some places but they were too inferior compared with the current location. I was trying to raise more money for a more beffiting/standard place not knowing what was coming.
About 70 chairs, 6 boards, bags of books and other stuff were seized. I have learnt my lesson. Sometimes you have to lower humble your standard to survive.
What was the failed business?
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by CsRockefeller(m): 6:17pm On Jun 29, 2021
Chukdobz20:

What aspect of I.T?
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chukdobz20: 6:52pm On Jun 29, 2021
CsRockefeller:

What aspect of I.T?

System Administrator (on prem and cloud infrastructure)

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by CsRockefeller(m): 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
Chukdobz20:

System Administrator (on prem and cloud infrastructure)

Lol. Don't really understand but nice one, just started Digital Marketing here.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 6:44am On Nov 11, 2021
adetony244:

Bank??
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 6:51am On Nov 11, 2021
Chukdobz20:

From laboratory to IT.... That's a huge jump though, how'd you do it?
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 6:51am On Nov 11, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
yes..

For how many days post exposure is the pep still effective?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Business Analysis A Good Course Or Career To Venture Into As A Post Graduate. / NDLEA and FRSC Recruitment / What Is Your Opinion About Age And Managerial Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.