Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,581 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! (10332 Views)

Experience Of A 17 Year Old Boy Cleaning A Female Toilet / 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work / 6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 6:54am On Nov 11, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
the pay is not as glamorous as people assume trust me. Hazard allowance is still 5k.

It takes a toll, especially mentally and physically. It's suspectible to burnout. I have been exposed to HIV and had to take PEP once, was assaulted by a patient once, insulted more times than I can count. Now I'm just numb. The faces become a blur. Many of us are depressed and trapped.

To release steam and unwine, I go out, discuss the work with a friend or parents, i went to the beach last week with my fiancee. I watch cartoons and movies. Some of us drink a few and smoke a few, others to church I take it one day at a time. Trying to process leave soon.

Is this how most Dr. In public hospitals feel or it's due to your own area?
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 6:58am On Nov 11, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
I used to, but now?
What changed ma'am? Did you change organization?
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:00am On Nov 11, 2021
Chevrolet076:

Is this how most Dr. In public hospitals feel or it's due to your own area?
I can speak for most of us. We feel this way.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:18am On Nov 11, 2021
Chevrolet076:

What changed ma'am? Did you change organization?
Not necessarily. Watching nigerians die for preventable causes, make choices that keep them poor and sick and expect sympathy from me.

Patients acting entitled to my niceness and kindness so I act blunt, tolerate no BS and give them good treatment so that they know that I'm competent but will tolerate no nonsense behavior.

Look at what happened on Monday, a patient I have never seen before came in high and manic, asking me to borrow him 100k then started weeping, saying that the other doctor would have given him when I asked him what he was using the money for. I had to put a distress call for my boss.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Chevrolet076(m): 9:36am On Nov 11, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
Not necessarily. Watching nigerians die for preventable causes, make choices that keep them poor and sick and expect sympathy from me.

Patients acting entitled to my niceness and kindness so I act blunt, tolerate no BS and give them good treatment so that they know that I'm competent but will tolerate no nonsense behavior.

Look at what happened on Monday, a patient I have never seen before came in high and manic, asking me to borrow him 100k then started weeping, saying that the other doctor would have given him when I asked him what he was using the money for. I had to put a distress call for my boss.

That's true... Many people have done same to me. Trying to capitalize on my goodwill to them. Some even will be playing me like they've successfully outsmart me but i just laugh at how they've made a fool out of themselves because of small change.

Thank God for nairaland that makes it possible for me to laugh and catch cruise as much to relieve my stress cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! by Lasisieniola77(m): 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
I am interested in teaching job with accommodation
ravensckar:
In all honesty, I'm quite fascinated by your post. You see all these self-styled motivational speakers, dem don push many people enter pit with their impractical ideas. I'm glad you're back to the fold. Teaching may not be that lucrative (which even depends on your area, qualification, professional certifications & experience though) but it's a steady job. PM me for teaching jobs on the island. I'll see how I can assist you.

PS- the era of going to drop CV in schools has gone. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bead Making / Adaku Ufere Wins African Attorney Of The Year Award In South Africa / Is Business Analysis A Good Course Or Career To Venture Into As A Post Graduate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.