Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,924 members, 7,952,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:19 PM

Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan (35566 Views)

Ongoing Primaries A Mess, Says Jonathan / The Only South-easterner In Aso Villa Is A Photographer - Senator Abaribe / Hamzat Is A Compulsive Liar who has no character for public , Says Jonathan Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by OOSmilling(m): 7:07am On Jun 24, 2021
nedekid:

I disagree with you. I served in the east 1995. I was shocked at the amount of westerners, northerners living, owning property, married over there. Ofcourse most of the westerners clausterd around cities where you have multinationals eg, Nbl, guiness, Unilever etc plants. Then you had a lot tilted towards the oil industry in the aba port harcourt axis. Most of the coppers from the west that served before me did not return. Alot settled and married there. Haba in the 90ies in aba, i knew how many amala joints we ate regularly.
My point is that possibly economic, social, trade, fate etc really drives one to an area. I have not seen that a westerner or northerner wants to reside in an area up east and he is not accommodated comfortably. He rents or buys property and is welcomed.
all those amala joint, calàbar kitchen still dey here for aba. We southwesterners still dey here also in ph. Those guys are accommodating and industrious but sometimes dey can be so aggressive for business and money matter. Dey go change am for u now now.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by kay29000(m): 7:12am On Jun 24, 2021
saajus:
Lol. The only identity that survived the slave trade is not strong? Even after 400 years, the trace is still very strong in the Caribbean, South America, and North America.

Gbam! Yoruba culture was solid then, and is still solid now.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by kay29000(m): 7:13am On Jun 24, 2021
Guyman02:

Even we in the South East admire Yorubas for religious diversity and it pains us that individuals like Akintola of MURIC are being used to destroy that harmony in Yorubaland.
I think the Yorubas are about the most religious tolerant group in the world where Abrahamics and other religious groups coexist with little rancour

Very true.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by kay29000(m): 7:14am On Jun 24, 2021
pacespot:

Self preservation or ethnicity, I never knew Nigeria had ethnic problem until I went for NYSC. Yoruba's like to treat strangers better than their own kind, it is part of our DNA and every fabric of our culture. But the red line with Yoruba's is when the strangers started becoming violent with them, mistaking their calm demeanour for cowardice.

You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by NSK4U(m): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2021
Bagehot:

Hmmm. If I remember correctly, the God of Israel in the old testament was a fan of genocide and wiping people off their land, to make way for a nomadic band that had trekked all the way from Eygpt. I daresay the Israelites were the first herds-men.

Just kidding though.

...lol

Bring diz ya claim to ma hauz for argument
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by NSK4U(m): 7:36am On Jun 24, 2021
greatiyk4u:

Same traditional religion my people call evil and segregate the worshippers?

Next joke please

They are not segregated in my hood, they are very well revered
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Ategberoson(m): 7:37am On Jun 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I have never seen anywhere where diversity brings peace.

All countries that practise diversity have too much racial tensions. Any small trouble each race will be pointing fingers at the others leading to distrust.

you aboki are just unreasonable entity, what's in that your low IQ that you think you've the audacity to be telling brainy westerners how to run their region

so Yoruba should start killing themselves as your kinsmen is killing southern Kaduna people all in the course of no to Diversity? foolish people

We are Yoruba first before Islam and Christianity, Yoruba bind us together and not Islam and Christianity. religion is individual passion, here in southwest, Christian get invite for mosque functions and Muslim come to church on invitation

you aboki have tried to caused that disunity for long but it has not work and it won't

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by sultry69(m): 7:43am On Jun 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
If they praise you for your ethnic diversity know that one day, they are coming to take what is yours.

Diversity is a killer and a stealer. What diversity does is to take the opportunity meant for natives and give it to non indigenes, then you and non natives start fighting for resources and opportunities in your own land leading to ethnic tensions.

Those that praise the south west for diversity will never allow it in their land, go to their universities and ministries, only natives works there.

They preach diversity when they want to take what is meant for you and then preach you are not from here when you go to their own land to seek opportunity.

You are right to some extent, imaging what your brothers (Fulani terrorists and Hausa)was doing on our soil,and they never learn from their mistakes,it happened in Shagamu,Lagos,Ife,Ibadan etc and you guys have not learned that the slow movement of a lion is not a sign of cowardice.

And for terrorist fulani herdsmen, their reckoning day is coming,their terrorist brother that occupy asshole rock will not be there forever.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Naajjii: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2021
nzeobi:

How many igbo Muslims do you know and how many have complained to you and what do you know about OSU caste system
I know like 3 Igbos that are muslims and from them i know their families , their stories and experience in the East is not good one. I live in the est for sometimes nd i experienced it myself..OSU Caste system is a form segregating certain people from certain people, a class system kind of set up. That has greatly affected you Igbo people , even though you people claim it was in the past the trait and characteristics are still present in you people, that has affected your relationship with other Nigerian Tribes

3 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by HRMK: 7:44am On Jun 24, 2021
YES,GEJ IS VERY RIGHT ABT SOUTH WEST!

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by ntyce(m): 7:51am On Jun 24, 2021
GeneralPula:

Every state in USA Today were once a country before they united together..

So what’s the USA diversity you’re referring to?

Is the USA an homogeneous race?

You find Africans, Indians, Caucasian, Chinese, Christians, Muslims, Hindu and Atheists all over.

Even the visa lottery program is called diversity lottery.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by ntyce(m): 7:51am On Jun 24, 2021
IMAliyu:

I think it's more of the equal opportunity in those countries that make them more successful if anything.

Diversity alone does not achieve that.

But if you could combine, equal opportunity, diversity based on mutual respect, and the rule of law. Then you are bound for success.

You're right
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Maveth99(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2021
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Amtrak: 8:10am On Jun 24, 2021
Very true... I sincerely commend them!
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Boudiccao: 8:14am On Jun 24, 2021
PeachtreeReside:

Did you go through this thread?

Even topics similar to this one, you see the e-fighting, e-arguements, e-championing of each tribes as if they are the best when other nationals are championing credible and laudable achievements, you lots would voltroning childishness.

Try and be balanced and a heck of a lot objective. Use your e-voice to admonish all these e-yamayama people do.

Go to the front page and see you lots dragging Igbos and Ipob into what doesn't apply to their region,this is also similar to most threads I've seen on this forum where Ipob and Igbos are always the soft targets for tribal bigots.
You must be objective before seeking for objectivity elsewhere.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Boudiccao: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2021
Naajjii:

Instead of admitting the fact and work on it you are trying to deny and defend your people. It is obvious that majority of Igbos hate Muslims that is a fact,its apparent.Maybe you and few others don't but MAJORITY do. I have lived in the east so I had first hand experience.
By the way Daily post also do publish stories against northerners you will be the first to believe it.

This is a regional issue that Jonathan is referring to.

If what is happening to Christians in Northern Nigeria communities esp in Southern Kaduna and North Central is happening in the East then you can say Easterners hate Muslims.

Are Igbos bombing your Mosques in the East like Churches are targeted in the North?

Are Easterners kidnapping and killing your Imam in the East like you do in the North?

Are Igbos in the East calling you infidels that should be destroyed and killed?

Are Easterners rioting and targeting Muslims in the East because of a blamphemy incidence in Europe?

Yet a lot of this nonesense above are happening to Christians in the North.

Southern alcoholic businesses are even targeted because alcohol is a sin in Islam.

If Igbos melt out intolerance to you in the name of religion, you wouldn't have the time to spew this trash.

You have nothing to back up your claims of Igbos being religious intolerant, the problem is that you have been indoctrinated to resent Igbos. Don't make me come back to this bigoted and silly claims again.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by HEAVEN4444: 8:30am On Jun 24, 2021
codemaniacs:

Ports revenue goes to the FG not state government. southern Nigeria has a port in PORT harcourt , Delta state, Onne Port, calabar e.t.c

so there are already ports in the other regions and new ports are been built and everything is already decentralized ..
fully functioning ports, as well as international airports. for every state like they have it in america. open it up
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by nzeobi(m): 8:35am On Jun 24, 2021
Naajjii:

I know like 3 Igbos that are muslims and from them i know their families , their stories and experience in the East is not good one. I live in the est for sometimes nd i experienced it myself..OSU Caste system is a form segregating certain people from certain people, a class system kind of set up. That has greatly affected you Igbo people , even though you people claim it was in the past the trait and characteristics are still present in you people, that has affected your relationship with other Nigerian Tribes

Lol OSU caste system has affected your relationship with igbos, are you for real so which of the igbos did it affect your relationship with them,is it the osus or not.

As for igbo Muslims, you can tell us their names and their communities let's if you aren't lieing
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by nedekid: 8:49am On Jun 24, 2021
OOSmilling:
all those amala joint, calàbar kitchen still dey here for aba. We southwesterners still dey here also in ph. Those guys are accommodating and industrious but sometimes dey can be so aggressive for business and money matter. Dey go change am for u now now.
I concur with you jare.
The way I see you sef, possibly one yellow igbo girl done catch you there grin
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Akanbiedu(m): 8:57am On Jun 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
If they praise you for your ethnic diversity know that one day, they are coming to take what is yours.

Diversity is a killer and a stealer. What diversity does is to take the opportunity meant for natives and give it to non indigenes, then you and non natives start fighting for resources and opportunities in your own land leading to ethnic tensions.

Those that praise the south west for diversity will never allow it in their land, go to their universities and ministries, only natives works there.

They preach diversity when they want to take what is meant for you and then preach you are not from here when you go to their own land to seek opportunity.

Wow wow wow
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by codemaniacs: 9:18am On Jun 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
fully functioning ports, as well as international airports. for every state like they have it in america. open it up

the ports are fully functional, airports are been built and should have been built and completed before B:uhari's presidency but GEJ messed up.... there's at least one International airport in every region and more are needed in all regions.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 24, 2021
Akanbiedu:

Wow wow wow

He is right though. In the Nigerian context, being tolerant, accommodating and equitably open to hosting divergent group of people can be a big disadvantage and nuisance as has being the case for Yorubas and the SW.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Naajjii: 10:48am On Jun 24, 2021
nzeobi:

Lol OSU caste system has affected your relationship with igbos, are you for real so which of the igbos did it affect your relationship with them,is it the osus or not.

As for igbo Muslims, you can tell us their names and their communities let's if you aren't lieing
OSU caste system is the reason most of you are intolerant. Like the first military coup where Igbos soldiers killed other tribes leaders and let theirs go free. That was inspired by OSU Caste culture.That coup was one of causes of Nigeria's present day problems.
So I should tell you the Igbo Muslims names and location so that your ESN/Unknown gunmen will go and take on them?

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Akanbiedu(m): 10:52am On Jun 24, 2021
Grayoso:

He is right though. In the Nigerian context, being tolerant, accommodating and equitably open to hosting divergent group of people can be a big disadvantage and nuisance as has being the case for Yorubas and the SW.

Yes, if you are not an independent country with some form of control of things like the army, immigration, police etc. Your best bet is to be conservative. Especially when you have compatriots that are fiercely conservative like the Igbos and Fulani. How our people cannot see the danger in tolerance here beats me. We can easily be overrun by Federal power in the hands of an ethnic champion from one of the conservative groups. Although diversity has its own advantages like economic progress, but those advantages can be eroded in a twinkle of an eye.

I believe its the free education program of Awolowo that eroded local intelligence from our people. It was actually ok at that time because we had a semi-autonomous region.

3 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by zinizta: 11:18am On Jun 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

STFU
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by DonCortino: 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
greatiyk4u:

Explain what?

No other religion apart from christianity mostly catholic, Anglican, orthodox is given freedom of free practice in Igbo land.

how?
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by nzeobi(m): 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Naajjii:

OSU caste system is the reason most of you are intolerant. Like the first military coup where Igbos soldiers killed other tribes leaders and let theirs go free. That was inspired by OSU Caste culture.That coup was one of causes of Nigeria's present day problems.
So I should tell you the Igbo Muslims names and location so that your ESN/Unknown gunmen will go and take on them?

Oga you know not a single igbo muslim,stop ranting and talking about coup.
Lol what does a coup and the caste system have in common
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Shut up angry
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2021
GEJ just lost some Igbo fans right there.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
BosseJ:

So what exactly is your point? That SWesterners should start fighting and killing each other instead of managing their diversity as they have been doing up to date? As we speak, 5 of the 6 SW governors are Christians, even in states that have slightly more Muslims than Christians. That shows that they defy your assertion about diversity. There are homogeneous states in Nigeria where the single dominant religions still fight and discriminate against one another.

The guy doesn't understand the point of discussion. Pardon him for reasoning out of his ass.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by HEAVEN4444: 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
codemaniacs:

the ports are fully functional, airports are been built and should have been built and completed before B:uhari's presidency but GEJ messed up.... there's at least one International airport in every region and more are needed in all regions.
really ? you can travel to london or new york from an airport in the SS or SE ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria's Sokoto Student Killing Sparks Spread Of Fake News - BBC / Peter Obi's Supporters Request Sack Of Labour Party Social Media Handler / Osun Governor, Adeleke And House Of Assembly Deepen Partnership(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.