Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,703 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:00 AM

Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan (35573 Views)

Ongoing Primaries A Mess, Says Jonathan / The Only South-easterner In Aso Villa Is A Photographer - Senator Abaribe / Hamzat Is A Compulsive Liar who has no character for public , Says Jonathan Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Jonathan39: 11:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
We don't want the religion of terrorist, enjoy it there in your rejoin, we don't need it.
greatiyk4u:
Igbos are not religious tolerant and that's simple truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by GeneralPula: 12:01am On Jun 24, 2021
Guyman02:

Even we in the South East admire Yorubas for religious diversity and it pains us that individuals like Akintola of MURIC are being used to destroy that harmony in Yorubaland.
I think the Yorubas are about the most religious tolerant group in the world where Abrahamics and other religious groups coexist with little rancour

He can’t destroy it..

He’s a single person..

He’s not relevant..

No one knows him in reality here..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Jonathan39: 12:08am On Jun 24, 2021
We in the East kor, weed in the East no. Speak for yourself and family
Guyman02:

Even we in the South East admire Yorubas for religious diversity and it pains us that individuals like Akintola of MURIC are being used to destroy that harmony in Yorubaland.
I think the Yorubas are about the most religious tolerant group in the world where Abrahamics and other religious groups coexist with little rancour
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by GeneralPula: 12:13am On Jun 24, 2021
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EPawa: 12:35am On Jun 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Diversity does not bring any peace.

It brings competition for scared resources, ethnic tension, high crime rate, cultural shock and enmity.

If you know you know.

Yeah, there are advantages but the disadvantages is more than the advantage.

Countries where diversity is preached have lot of racial tension and discrimination.

Diversity is inherent in nature as no two humans are 100% alike. So its a beauty when properly harness without parties involve showing sense of superiority. Its okay to feel the sense, not all feeling should be shown or express, some feeling is to make you appreciate yourself and God
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Idiko1: 12:35am On Jun 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
If they praise you for your ethnic diversity know that one day, they are coming to take what is yours.

Diversity is a killer and a stealer. What diversity does is to take the opportunity meant for natives and give it to non indigenes, then you and non natives start fighting for resources and opportunities in your own land leading to ethnic tensions.

Those that praise the south west for diversity will never allow it in their land, go to their universities and ministries, only natives works there.

They preach diversity when they want to take what is meant for you and then preach you are not from here when you go to their own land to seek opportunity.

You are spot on the bolded. Ijaw may be the only minority in Yoruba land yet the last I checked, Ijaw in Lagos State and Ondo States are resigned to firewood splitters. It appears lack of logical deduction in Nigeria stems from high places.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by johntolu: 12:41am On Jun 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

They allow minorities but the whites don't live in minorities areas.

Even among minorities, bird of the same feather flocks together. Iranians with Iranians, chinese with chinese, lebanese with lebanese, Russians with Russians etc, and these people dont assimilate with the dominate European culture, that is why there are lot of interracial tensions in europe, even the European police don't know how to handle people of other races, if you go hard on them, they accuse you of racism.

Even in schools, africans move with Africans, asians with asians, whites with whites. Even sometimes, classes are divided subconsciously according to race.

Diversity is good on paper but in reality it is a time bomb for crisis, distrust and discrimination.

White will complain that foreigners are taking their job, so they will self preserve themselves by only employing whites, indians too, then blacks will feel left out and accuse the other of discrimination.

Everyday, they keep pointing fingers at each others creating more tension.

I agree entirely with all your submissions.
If I am not mistaken, you sound like someone who is well versed in race issues, more like an anthropologist or a sociologist.

You also seems to be well acquainted with racial strata of Western Nations, with your description of racial divisions in those
countries.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by calcal: 12:48am On Jun 24, 2021
Importantly, one has to recognize that the South West is the then OYO empire and read more about the activities of the empire that lasted for 600 years.

During this period several wars were fought among themselves which resulted in the same DNA. Today we have a common identity and our DNA demonstrates that we are the same.

Thanks to all the Yoruba heroes, SANGO, OGUN, OGEDENGBE, LATOOSHA, and of course the current

Comparing SW with the zoo is no GO.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by laiperi: 12:49am On Jun 24, 2021
I have never seen any ethnic group in the world take and tolerate as much abuse as Yoruba took in their own land.

The Youths are revolting against that.

Where did they get: This Is America. Love it Or Leave it.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by GeneralPula: 12:55am On Jun 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
If they praise you for your ethnic diversity know that one day, they are coming to take what is yours.

Diversity is a killer and a stealer. What diversity does is to take the opportunity meant for natives and give it to non indigenes, then you and non natives start fighting for resources and opportunities in your own land leading to ethnic tensions.

Those that praise the south west for diversity will never allow it in their land, go to their universities and ministries, only natives works there.

They preach diversity when they want to take what is meant for you and then preach you are not from here when you go to their own land to seek opportunity.

What you said is the truth. The real owners of America have been relegated cuz they’re also very liberal & tolerance..

The level of ingrate that Igbo people have shown over the time should not be neglect. Enough of the chances they’ve had..

Kindness is good, but whenever they wants to mistake your kindness for weakness, then one must change style..

Nothing should ever remain the same in life as life itself is usually rotating..

I personally don’t think anything can change who we are cuz it’s our culture. It’s not just we Nigeria yorubas but yorubas from other countries too..

But there can be amendments. The Governors should look into this & make it happen..

We’re who we are and we need to do whatever the fvck we can do to protect who we are

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Naajjii: 1:18am On Jun 24, 2021
Boudiccao:

Can you back up this claim that Igbos are religious intolerant in line with the religious intolerance obtainable with Muslims in the North?
Osu caste is not a form of diversity,it is a socio religious cult and it's no longer widespread. I don't even owe you any explanation on this.
Igbo Muslims are few and far in between and have always Co existed with Christianity. The Daily post Newspaper pushing that false news about Igbos maltreatment Muslims is on a propaganda to blackmail and arm twist Igbos. If you are sensitive, you will understand what is going on.

I noticed you only have nothing but negative words and statements about Igbos yet Igbos have nothing to do with you on a regular.
Instead of admitting the fact and work on it you are trying to deny and defend your people. It is obvious that majority of Igbos hate Muslims that is a fact,its apparent.Maybe you and few others don't but MAJORITY do. I have lived in the east so I had first hand experience.
By the way Daily post also do publish stories against northerners you will be the first to believe it.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 2:20am On Jun 24, 2021
BosseJ:
GEJ is spot on. He's not saying Yorubas are perfect but just that they have succeeded the best out of other regions to manage their diversity to foster relative peace, harmony, and development. Other sections of the country can study and learn their success formula.
There's nothing to learn here. Igbos and Hausa are majorly Christian and Muslim respectively. Rest
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 2:27am On Jun 24, 2021
AroleOduduwa2:
I’m not a tribal bigot, but there is something special about us. From our culture to our traits.
Yeah I agree with you Oduduwa.
Afonjas are special breed in skull mining, human organ harvesting, rape, backbiting, noise making, owambe, dirtiness, prostitution etc. These are things that make brown roof dwellers special grin grin grin grin
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 2:32am On Jun 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I am coming to contest for election in your land.

After that i want to join aba market association and contest for position of secretary, then also apply to be the head of task force in your state. Maybe also join the civil service

All these i want to do with my non igbo sounding surname.
Those Yorubas schooling and teaching in SouthEast have Igbo surnames right? The way you i.diots reason sometimes eeeh. Very appalling and disgusting. Let me blame ur progenitor Afonja for causing all these.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 2:37am On Jun 24, 2021
pacespot:

Self preservation or ethnicity, I never knew Nigeria had ethnic problem until I went for NYSC. Yoruba's like to treat strangers better than their own kind, it is part of our DNA and every fabric of our culture. But the red line with Yoruba's is when the strangers started becoming violent with them, mistaking their calm demeanour for cowardice.
Fear fear grin
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 2:39am On Jun 24, 2021
LyfeJennings:

Not a lie
The north are even more accomodating but the East is nothing to write home about. Those folks have tribalism in their bloodstream
Have you been to the East before?
Don't make false claims from ur brown roof enclave in Obomosho or Ibarakpa.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 2:44am On Jun 24, 2021
God1stson:
f

How did u arrive at this conclusion. Igbos are mostly anglicans and Catholics because of the roles they played in d civil way. Islam and it's tenets is not appealing to d Igbos becos we are liberal and we always shy away from anything that suggest cohesion. Even if u like erect mosque in every square km in igboland the best it can do attract one or two but nothing more.
God bless you so much for this wonderful submission bro. Aptly stated!!!
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 2:57am On Jun 24, 2021
EmekaA125:

Afonja ezi. Nonsense

Usual ranting of a delusional reta@ded brainwashed IPIG terrorist monkey.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 3:00am On Jun 24, 2021
Boudiccao:

On this thread, Igbos didn't say a word about what Jonathan said but Yorubas already started off their post by insulting Igbos. It has always been like this on nairaland. Igbos would want to keep away from what doesn't put food on their table but be sure to find an idiot mentioning them.
Very annoying afonja brown roof ewedu eating b.astards.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 3:05am On Jun 24, 2021
laiperi:
I have never seen any ethnic group in the world take and tolerate as much abuse as Yoruba took in their own land.

The Youths are revolting against that.

Where did they get: This Is America. Love it Or Leave it.
Rubbish.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 3:06am On Jun 24, 2021
IPIGSRDOTARDS:

Usual ranting of a delusional reta@ded brainwashed IPIG terrorist monkey.
E pain am. Cry more, I love ur tears grin grin
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by r4bbit: 3:13am On Jun 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The problem is many yorubas easily accept other cultures, with that it is easy for the dorminate culture to crumble and fall. It seems the yoruba identity isn't that strong.

Atleast some self preservation is very important, you can see that many igbos and northerners practise self preservation, that is why foreigners can hardly dorminate.
wetin dis wan deh talk abeg!!?
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 4:34am On Jun 24, 2021
[s]
EmekaA125:

E pain am. Cry more, I love ur tears grin grin
[/s]

Crying and wailing is inherently prevalent in your DNA. I don't cry nor wail. Your fore fathers have been doing that before and after 1967.
You and your cohorts will continue the tradition for the next 1000 years. Make sure to pass your low IQ, wailing and crying to your unborn children also.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:07am On Jun 24, 2021
Boudiccao:

On this thread, Igbos didn't say a word about what Jonathan said but Yorubas already started off their post by insulting Igbos. It has always been like this on nairaland. Igbos would want to keep away from what doesn't put food on their table but be sure to find an idiot mentioning them.

Did you go through this thread?

Even topics similar to this one, you see the e-fighting, e-arguements, e-championing of each tribes as if they are the best when other nationals are championing credible and laudable achievements, you lots would voltroning childishness.

Try and be balanced and a heck of a lot objective. Use your e-voice to admonish all these e-yamayama people do.

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by codemaniacs: 5:31am On Jun 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
you dont get it. in the future when they decentralise the economics of the country and every region has a functioning port and the others can now do their own business from their region and dont have to pay all the duties from using lagos port, you will then get to see that there is not so much money in lagos. also when they open international airports in all the regions. what lagos is enjoying is people from other regions doing business through lagos. anything they bring into their region comes through lagos, and anyone who is travelling goes though lagos and so lots of business as they lodge in hotels overnight and pay for services etc etc etc. my point being when everything is decentralised everywhere will be like lagos. its not like people in the southwest are richer. its just that the southwest is blessed to have all the functioning ports and airports and so its the viable place to do business. also dangote businesses are throughout africa but his base is lagos and so all that moneys from all over the world he brings to lagos etc etc etc. its many ways money is trickling in from outside. i personally think they neeed to decentralise the whole thing because you cant operate the whole country through one tiny place called lagos. its getting too crowded and unbearable

Ports revenue goes to the FG not state government. southern Nigeria has a port in PORT harcourt , Delta state, Onne Port, calabar e.t.c

so there are already ports in the other regions and new ports are been built and everything is already decentralized ..

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by georgeakins: 5:59am On Jun 24, 2021
Chief Awolowo inculcated that in the South West people
. May God bless his soul!

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by 9gerian: 6:01am On Jun 24, 2021
Thank you.

It’s shocking that some always project their own insecurities on others regardless of the available facts like Jonathan has referenced. They must always twist things to suit their bitter narratives.

saajus:
Lol. The only identity that survived the slave trade is not strong? Even after 400 years, the trace is still very strong in the Caribbean, South America, and North America.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by greatiyk4u(m): 6:32am On Jun 24, 2021
melzabull:
shut up

Traditionalists is the second largest religion in the south east and no one gives a damn about the adherents including those who believe in marine world

Just in case it's islam you have in mind, we abhor islam and there's no way we're allowing it to thrive in any part of igbo land. Every other religion is welcime

You should start with home training first

Is that how you shut your elders up?

Is not the same traditional worshippers shine that is incessantly destroyed as evil that brings bad luck by your Pentecostal pastors?

In my village, people go to shrine hidden for fear of stereotyping them.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by greatiyk4u(m): 6:35am On Jun 24, 2021
Boudiccao:

In what ways? The South East is dominated by Christian religion. In what ways are the supposed to be tolerant in a region that has mostly embraced Christianity?

Have you seen Igbo in the East killing Northerners like Northerners kill Igbos in the North?

Have you seen South East Igbos attacking and raiding Mosques in the East yet Churches are bombed and destroyed in the North.

Have you seen Igbos kidnapp and behead an Imam or Muslim cleric in the East?

When you say Igbos are religious intolerant, I wonder exactly if you think before typing.

Do you want the South East to denounce Christianity and switch to Islam or Hinduism to please you?

Some of you just spew trash against Igbos just because it is cool to do so.

Why not make these your comparison between SW and SE?

Two sane geopolitical zones.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by nzeobi(m): 7:05am On Jun 24, 2021
Naajjii:

Dont even bring east here, the east is one of the most intolerant region in africa i guess its due to the OSU caste culture, you people hate Muslims, is that how the west hate muslims? Look at what you people are doing to the few Igbo muslims.

How many igbo Muslims do you know and how many have complained to you and what do you know about OSU caste system

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria's Sokoto Student Killing Sparks Spread Of Fake News - BBC / 2023: Why Picking Wike As Atiku's Running Mate Will Help PDP / Lagos Island Women Walk For Bola Tinubu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.