Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan (35184 Views)

Ongoing Primaries A Mess, Says Jonathan / The Only South-easterner In Aso Villa Is A Photographer - Senator Abaribe / Hamzat Is A Compulsive Liar who has no character for public , Says Jonathan Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by codemaniacs: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2021
zz
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by HEAVEN4444: 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
codemaniacs:

yes...
stop lying bro cheesy
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by codemaniacs: 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
zz
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by HEAVEN4444: 3:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
codemaniacs:

air france...

how won't there be international flights from the region where crude oil is located
whats the name of the airport
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by seunfape(m): 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2021
We succeeded in doing that just because of our early exposure to education.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Naajjii: 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
nzeobi:

Oga you know not a single igbo muslim,stop ranting and talking about coup
Lol what does a coup and the caste system have in common
OSU Caste system is segregation in Igbo, you people segregate certain IGBO people nd you classify them lower class or slaves (imagine what you do to yourselves), the culture is in the blood of all igbo people, the Igbo leaders that did that coup brought OSU Caste culture into it, you segregate northern leaders and leaders of other regions and got them killed but didnt touch Igbo leders , that is segregation , that is osu caste character right there.

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
abbey621:

My career in I.T here in the USA has had me in over 14 European countries over the years, I have 12 family members in Norway, 6 in London, 2 in Milan and 4 in Madrid and travel very frequently for both business and pleasure. Just last month I was in London for a summit, there's no rosy picture anywhere, just comparative analysis.
nice one bro, do you mind investing in my tech startup? it's registered, have a physical location and some employees but need scale up. can i DM you?
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by lordmans(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
The effects of those precolonial wars in Yorubaland taught the Yorubas a lot. Right from the olden days the Yoruba societies has always been a pluralistic one. People, families, communities worshipped different dieties such as ogun, oya, oshun, Shango etc without friction from the others. And this pattern transferred to their modern religious worships.

Those trying to create disunity lately in Yorubaland are groups like CAN especially, and others like muric who felt they should challenge the excesses of CAN. Naturally to a Yoruba person you're yoruba first before any other thing.

The christians started the attempts at one group trying to dominate the other in the SW. First by denying the Muslims access to education because most early schools were owned by christian missions. You must be baptized a Christian to attend some. Naturally, the tolerant Yoruba spirit in the muslims made some of them decided to take up baptism to be able to attend these schools.

Some returned, some didn't. That explained the mixture in the families. Due to the pluralistic nature of the Yorubas they were able to overcome the wedge of division the colonial master were trying to drive into their polity. Some people like Richard Akinjide was born Rashidi before the forced name change.

This continued until Muslim missions like Ahmadiyya, Ansar-ud Deen etc came to the rescue of the muslims with support from notable Muslims like Mohammed Shitta-Bey, Carew, Teslim Elias, the Solomons, Savages etc.

We should never allow all these external bodies to divide us. What they don't know is that every Yoruba town, village is a mixture of every other Yoruba subgroups down to Benin republic.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by LyfeJennings(m): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2021
nedekid:

I disagree with you. I served in the east 1995. I was shocked at the amount of westerners, northerners living, owning property, married over there. Ofcourse most of the westerners clausterd around cities where you have multinationals eg, Nbl, guiness, Unilever etc plants. Then you had a lot tilted towards the oil industry in the aba port harcourt axis. Most of the coppers from the west that served before me did not return. Alot settled and married there. Haba in the 90ies in aba, i knew how many amala joints we ate regularly.
My point is that possibly economic, social, trade, fate etc really drives one to an area. I have not seen that a westerner or northerner wants to reside in an area up east and he is not accommodated comfortably. He rents or buys property and is welcomed.

U said 1995
Lool
I was in Enugu in 2008 to 2009
Bruh, things have changed a great deal

3 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by LyfeJennings(m): 10:11am On Jul 01, 2021
EmekaA125:

Have you been to the East before?
Don't make false claims from ur brown roof enclave in Obomosho or Ibarakpa.

U CAN NEVER FIND ANOTHER TRIBE HOLDING A POLITICAL POST IN THE EAST
All my stay there
Not one Yoruba owns a house there
Abeg IGBOS are tribalist
They cant take half of what they do in another man's land

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by nedekid: 11:49am On Jul 01, 2021
LyfeJennings:

U said 1995
Lool
I was in Enugu in 2008 to 2009
Bruh, things have changed a great deal
Really?
Hope the change is for good.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by LyfeJennings(m): 11:57am On Jul 01, 2021
nedekid:

Really?
Hope the change is for good.

Worsee
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2021
LyfeJennings:

U CAN NEVER FIND ANOTHER TRIBE HOLDING A POLITICAL POST IN THE EAST
All my stay there
Not one Yoruba owns a house there
Abeg IGBOS are tribalist
They cant take half of what they do in another man's land
How many Yorubas are the East.

I doubt if Yorubas are up to 100 in my own State Anambra. Few are lecturers in Federal Poly and University, fashion designers, agbo sellers and herbalists.

We have Hausa Quarters or Gariki in Awka, Enugu, Abakaliki, Owerri and Aba. Blame ur people's inability to move or settle outside their region.

We appreciated Hausa population in Igboland and mapped out a settlement for them. Everybody knows Yorubas hardly travel beyond SouthWest.

Are Igbos the cause of ur low population in the North too?? Abeg, go sleep, u no get talk.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by LyfeJennings(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2021
EmekaA125:

How many Yorubas are the East.

I doubt if Yorubas are up to 100 in my own State Anambra. Few are lecturers in Federal Poly and University, fashion designers, agbo sellers and herbalists.

We have Hausa Quarters or Gariki in Awka, Enugu, Abakaliki, Owerri and Aba. Blame ur people's inability to move or settle outside their region.

We appreciated Hausa population in Igboland and mapped out a settlement for them. Everybody knows Yorubas hardly travel beyond SouthWest.

Are Igbos the cause of ur low population in the North too?? Abeg, go sleep, u no get talk.

E pain U
The truth shock U
Hehehe

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2021
LyfeJennings:

E pain U
The truth shock U
Hehehe
Lol. U can continue blaming Igbos but the truth will always stare you directly at ur face bro.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by LyfeJennings(m): 4:42pm On Jul 01, 2021
EmekaA125:

Lol. U can continue blaming Igbos but the truth will always stare you directly at ur face bro.

GUY, NO ONE IS BLAMING IGBOS
I love my Igbo brothers
BUT U GUYS ARE THE ONLY TRIBE THAT COMPLAINS OF EVERYTHING
EVERY DAMN THING U COMPLAIN OF
MARGINALIZATION, AND ALL
NA UNA
ARE U THE ONLY TRIBE IN NIGERIA
U GO TO OTHER PEOPLE'S PLACES
U ARE WELCOMED
GIVEN VIP TREATMENT BUT U WILL NEVER EVER LET SUCH HAPPEN IN YOUR PLACE.
IGBO IS THE ONLY TRIBE THAT WILL DO WRONG AND STILL BLAME THE SYSTEM FOR HIS WRONG DOING
NEVER EVER ADMITTING HIS FAULT.
AS HAUSA PLENTY REACH FOR IGBO LAND, U CAN NEVER EVER FIND A HAUSA MAN WHO OWNS A PIECE OF LAND IN IGBO LAND
ITS THE TRUTH
I KNOW ITS BITTER
U GUYS EVEN HATE YOURSELF
I DONT SEE YORUBA OR HAUSA HAVING AN OSU CLAN IF NOT IGBO
THANK GOD THE NIGER DELTANS ARE STRONGER THAN U
U GUYS WOULD HAVE THOSE FOLKS LICKING UR SHOES

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by EmekaA125(m): 9:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
LyfeJennings:

GUY, NO ONE IS BLAMING IGBOS
I love my Igbo brothers
BUT U GUYS ARE THE ONLY TRIBE THAT COMPLAINS OF EVERYTHING
EVERY DAMN THING U COMPLAIN OF
MARGINALIZATION, AND ALL
NA UNA
ARE U THE ONLY TRIBE IN NIGERIA
U GO TO OTHER PEOPLE'S PLACES
U ARE WELCOMED
GIVEN VIP TREATMENT BUT U WILL NEVER EVER LET SUCH HAPPEN IN YOUR PLACE.
IGBO IS THE ONLY TRIBE THAT WILL DO WRONG AND STILL BLAME THE SYSTEM FOR HIS WRONG DOING
NEVER EVER ADMITTING HIS FAULT.
AS HAUSA PLENTY REACH FOR IGBO LAND, U CAN NEVER EVER FIND A HAUSA MAN WHO OWNS A PIECE OF LAND IN IGBO LAND
ITS THE TRUTH
I KNOW ITS BITTER
U GUYS EVEN HATE YOURSELF
I DONT SEE YORUBA OR HAUSA HAVING AN OSU CLAN IF NOT IGBO
THANK GOD THE NIGER DELTANS ARE STRONGER THAN U
U GUYS WOULD HAVE THOSE FOLKS LICKING UR SHOES
Ur Lamentations are well taken note of. We will look into it. Bye
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by LyfeJennings(m): 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2021
EmekaA125:

Ur Lamentations are well taken note of. We will look into it. Bye

That's my guy
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Sheik Abdul-Muhsin Ibn Muhammad Al-Kasimy In Aso Rock (Photos) / APC Shares Garri In Lagos For 2019 Election (PHOTOS) / Buhari’s Daughter-In-law, Zahra Graduates With First Class (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.