Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan (35149 Views)

Ongoing Primaries A Mess, Says Jonathan / The Only South-easterner In Aso Villa Is A Photographer - Senator Abaribe / Hamzat Is A Compulsive Liar who has no character for public , Says Jonathan Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by abbey621(m): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Uk is only diversed in London and that diversity does not mean areas where whites live aren't different from where black lives. Even most whites have left the city to various smaller towns where there are white majority.

In respect to jobs, you hardly see black people working in private sectors where whites are dorminate that is because they employ themselves. Even indians employ themselves. I went through a pictures of many white owned organizations in London and i didn't see 1 single black, i saw Asians and Chinese not blacks.

The remaining cities you mentioned are nothing to write home about, blacks are minority and are working odd jobs and suffering from racial discrimination apart from Paris which has a dorminate black population from french speaking african countries, the blacks there aren't also given jobs, no wonder, they all want to move to the uk.

If foreigners arent taking jobs from the natives in the uk then there won't be brexist and the rest anti immigrant protest and policies carried by the Uk government.

Since immigration started in the Uk, the white population complained about increase in crime rate, changes in demography of the places they used to live, the other ethnic minorities have also complained about increased discrimination when it comes to jobs because of white self preservation which many non whites see as evil.

It is very difficult living in a multi racial or multi ethnic society, it just create lot of tension and unnecessary societal problems.

You still didn't answer the question, are whites living in these areas or not? Your analysis failed to consider income levels, ethnic and religious differences. For example, are you saying if you're well educated with enough experience that you won't be able to get a white collar job paying good wages in London, Rome or Munoch just because you're black? Are you saying you are likely to get less opportunities than our present situation here in Africa? My friend I told you to talk with context, you mentioned Brexit but even more than 40% of Britain voted against it surely that means it was not a unanimous decision. Furthermore you seemed focus on the negative aspect but are quick to ignore the positives.

Where in Nigeria can Hausa man head into Enugu and contest not to talk of win LGA election? Where can an Igbo can go to Kano and contest for Governorship? For all the racism and prejudice we associate with the whites, we are 10 times worse by the way we treat each other, you mentioned crime rates but can you associate it with skin color without considering income level? We have blacks and Asians in wealthy parts of Britain have you checked the crime rates over there? You will be surprised that crime has not risen in those areas despite more and more minorities moving in, which further confirms this is all bullshit rhetoric!

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Karleb(m): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
I see people talking about how diversity deprive indigenes of certain rights. Only a cave man who has never left their village would say such.

By the time you travel out of village and go to other places and you're denied of your rights because you don't belong to a certain ethnic group or religion, that's when you will appreciate the importance of ethnic/cultural tolerance.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Boudiccao: 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
sweetshisha:
Ipobians and Fulanis migrate the most and still the worst extremist and segregate alot

Why the hell are you dragging Igbos in what doesn't concern them? You claim to be tolerant yet can't demonstrate it.

The South East is the most homogeneous part of Nigeria, 98percent Igbos and at least 95percent Christians so there is no diversity to manage in the East. Why don't you put these things in perspective before spewing your usual diatribe towards Igbos.

And can you show me where Igbos are extremist? By rejecting Herdsmen and their religion that only seek to destroy?
By agitating for Biafra, which is a right to self-determination? How exactly are Igbos extremist?
Igbo phobia will kill all of you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by AutoChick4U(f): 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2021
candidtalk:

Lol. My hateful IPOBian sister, please tell us where there is better example of diversity in Nigeria.

Your own ala Igbo? Don't make me laugh. You guys should learn to say the truth and shame the Devil.

Yes you hate the Yorubas but it takes nothing from you to admit the truth about them as GEJ has just done and perhaps learn to make your own people better in the process by taking good examples from what Yorubas do better than all others to universal acclaim.
What I meant by Lil diversity is there are no many minority tribes in sw. Mostly yorubas united
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
GEJ,,,,, wa gbayi bi Honourable wink

Tranquillity360:
I don't know why yoruba muslims hate we yoruba christians.

I need to clarify this. They never hate themselves. And you would hardly hear any of them claiming to hate another because most families are mixed religiously.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Boudiccao: 9:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
candidtalk:
Lol. IPOBian won't like this praise of Yorubas coming from their messiah and hero Jonathan.

No fan of Jonathan but his talk here just shows he is good man, like most Ijaws, who knows what is right and wrong but was put in a position, as President, where he did not have the intrinsic strenght and support base to move ruthlessly in favour of doing the right thing regardless of whose Ox is gored.

Jonathan, as President, was always appeasing the North to get their support yet it did him no good whatsoever.

Conversely, it wad no surprise OBJ cowered a lot of Northerners as President because of the position of his ethnic group as a premier force in Nigeria no one can subjugate or bully.

What does this have to do with Ipob? Of all the people that make up Nigeria, it's the Ipob people you picked out and mocked.
Ipob doesn't have any diversity to manage in the East unlike the SW region, so why should they be pained by Jonathan's compliment. You should concentrate on the other hetrogenous parts of the country like the North that has not learnt to manage their diversity.
Keep your unnecessary name dropping to yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by codemaniacs: 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
abbey621:

You still didn't answer the question, are whites living in these areas or not? Your analysis failed to consider income levels, ethnic and religious differences. For example, are you saying if you're well educated with enough experience that you won't be able to get a white collar job paying good wages in London, Rome or Munoch just because you're black? Are you saying you are likely to get less opportunities than our present situation here in Africa? My friend I told you to talk with context, you mentioned Brexit but even more than 40% of Britain voted against it surely that means it was not a unanimous decision. Furthermore you seemed focus on the negative aspect but are quick to ignore the positives.

Where in Nigeria can Hausa man head into Enugu and contest not to talk of win LGA election? Where can an Igbo can go to Kano and contest for Governorship? For all the racism and prejudice we associate with the whites, we are 10 times worse by the way we treat each other, you mentioned crime rates but can you associate it with skin color without considering income level? We have blacks and Asians in wealthy parts of Britain have you checked the crime rates over there? You will be surprised that crime has not risen in those areas despite more and more minorities moving in, which further confirms this is all bullshit rhetoric!

E:uropeans and most humans practice quota system in their companies.. there are never many black people working in why:te owned companies even if you're well educated.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
AutoChick4U:
What I meant by Lil diversity is there are no many minority tribes in sw. Mostly yorubas united

Yes I can agree with your point but I think Jonathan is speaking about Yorubas management of adopted diversity rather than than indigenous diversity you have in mind.

The SW is the true melting pot of Nigeria hosting the greatest and most diverse congregation of people from different ethnic groups in Nigeria. It is the reason Jonathan specifically said what he did.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Boudiccao: 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
sweetshisha:

Typical reasoning of Ipobians he has to blame Yoruba or Muslim, or fundametalist up north even when OSU system is still happening in his vilage

Osu caste system is not part of diversity. Hatred for Igbos and the need to drag them into everything has made Nigerians stupid and bereft of common sense and logical reasoning.
The topic is diversity in a region which the East doesn't have and you are referencing a moribund cultural practice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by muykem: 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
Mangekyo:
Well said Jonathan-Sama. Later, the betrayers will say you hate them. Well they're receiving their punishments for voting against you in 15
South West is matured enough to determine their political interest. They voted for GEJ in 2011 and voted against him 2015. There was no agreement on how we should vote so I don't know where you see betrayal or you don't know it's meaning. You can accuse me of betrayal if we have agreement and I did otherwise. Jonathan doesn't hate south West, Yoruba is not strategic to his government just like Igbo to Buhari government but you trust us instead of playing victims card, we know when to make statement like Ronaldo on the football field.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by JimiJunji: 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
sophxx:
His preservance means violence against each other as it is in his region. SW belongs to Yorubas and minority original setlers and there's nothing anyone can do to change that so why getting unnecessary woke. Lagos the most diverse of SW never had any non Yoruba governor and never will. Visit Ondo and see those that work on our cocoa farms. Liberalism with sense have its benefit.

I don't think that's the point he's trying to make and non liberalism doesn't mean violence against other tribes but there is a need for some level of conservativism on the part of yoruba and Yoruba leaders. liberalism is good when it's reciprocated, if an igbo/hausa man can run for elections in the south west and the Yoruba can do the same it would be ideal liberalism but when the opposite is the case and the hausa/Igbo man can get opportunities in the south west but the same isn't reciprocated to the Yoruba man in other parts of the country then you would have a serious problem on your hands. And Yoruba's being liberal while orders are closed and conservative is like bringing flowers to the battle field while the enemy comes with machine guns and weapons of war. We must fashion our weapons of war similar to that of the enemy in other for it to be a level playing field.

4 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by WATCHMANX: 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The problem is many yorubas easily accept other cultures, with that it is easy for the dorminate culture to crumble and fall. It seems the yoruba identity isn't that strong.

Atleast some self preservation is very important, you can see that many igbos and northerners practise self preservation, that is why foreigners can hardly dorminate.
The ongoing chaos in those two regions does not reflect any self preservation!
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by cocolacec(m): 9:53pm On Jun 23, 2021
abbey621:

You're still not getting it, when it comes to the numbers of minorities they allow and support in their countries, Europeans are clearly ahead of majority of African nations. You claim diversity is detrimental yet they thrive off of it, there are more African descendants in the French national team than French descendants, even Germany with its racist past has more Asians than majority of African countries so your theory does not tally.
h
Have you ever lived in Europe before painting this kind of rosy picture?

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by abbey621(m): 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
codemaniacs:

E:uropeans and most humans practice quota system in their companies.. there are never many black people working in why:te owned companies even if you're well educated.

When the population is made up of 60 to 70% whites and the rest minorities, you expect minorities to be equal to the number of whites in most companies? The fact remains that majority of minorities are less educated when compared to the whites and not until the last decade or two did most minorities start prioritizing education. Your quota system is only in your head because time and time again, these Europeans/Americans have shown that if you're truly good at what you do, they'll not only roll out the red carpet for you but also depend heavily on you.

E.g. Omalu, Okonjo-Iweala, Pearlena Igbokwe, Maggie Aderin-Pocock and many others......You can either play victim or make yourself so valuable that they can no longer ignore you!
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Boudiccao: 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
greatiyk4u:
Igbos are not religious tolerant and that's simple truth

In what ways? The South East is dominated by Christian religion. In what ways are the supposed to be tolerant in a region that has mostly embraced Christianity?

Have you seen Igbo in the East killing Northerners like Northerners kill Igbos in the North?

Have you seen South East Igbos attacking and raiding Mosques in the East yet Churches are bombed and destroyed in the North.

Have you seen Igbos kidnapp and behead an Imam or Muslim cleric in the East?

When you say Igbos are religious intolerant, I wonder exactly if you think before typing.

Do you want the South East to denounce Christianity and switch to Islam or Hinduism to please you?

Some of you just spew trash against Igbos just because it is cool to do so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
muykem:
South West is matured enough to determine their political interest. They voted for GEJ in 2011 and voted against him 2015. There was no agreement on how we should vote so I don't know where you see betrayal or you don't know it's meaning. You can accuse me of betrayal if we have agreement and I did otherwise. Jonathan doesn't hate south West, Yoruba is not strategic to his government just like Igbo to Buhari government but you trust us instead of playing victims card, we know when to make statement like Ronaldo on the football field.

Great points. In fact, what you highlight is the essential point GEJ makes which is that Yorubas, more than all others, make their lives and existence about issues important to peaceful coexistence of all and societal progress/development every individual can enjoy.

Yorubas do not allow themselves be bogged down with ethno-religious sentiments and bias that are ultimately worthless in the pursuit of a fulfilled and happy life.

GEJ is actually praising the Omoluabi ethos, which advocates the concept of live and let live in goodness, without knowing it.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by abbey621(m): 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2021
cocolacec:
h
Have you ever lived in Europe before painting this kind of rosy picture?

My career in I.T here in the USA has had me in over 14 European countries over the years, I have 12 family members in Norway, 6 in London, 2 in Milan and 4 in Madrid and travel very frequently for both business and pleasure. Just last month I was in London for a summit, there's no rosy picture anywhere, just comparative analysis.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by HEAVEN4444: 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
If they praise you for your ethnic diversity know that one day, they are coming to take what is yours.

Diversity is a killer and a stealer. What diversity does is to take the opportunity meant for natives and give it to non indigenes, then you and non natives start fighting for resources and opportunities in your own land leading to ethnic tensions.

Those that praise the south west for diversity will never allow it in their land, go to their universities and ministries, only natives works there.

They preach diversity when they want to take what is meant for you and then preach you are not from here when you go to their own land to seek opportunity.

You have to understand that diversity is great. the biggest economies in the world are full of diverse people. new york, london etc. of course there will be losers which is part of the indigenous populations who are poor but you have to understand that all these people bring the wealth from their region to the SW too. look at dangote ? built the biggest world refinery in the SW, look at the guy who owns landmark ? got a loan of 100 million dollars and came to build it in SW, etc etc and so these people bring their brightest and rich people to SW and this moneys goes to the coffers of the SW government when their businesses are taxed etc. thats why the SW is prosperous. people who dont diversify are poor because they are left with only their local population and no one is bringing new moneys into the place. so we take the good with the bad. e money comes to blow all his money in the SW, burna boy, timaya etc all spend their money in the SW. it is these money that are in circulation.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by pizapato(m): 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You can live in a country and be homogeneous

Spain, russia, Belgium, Switzerland are all doing it.

Countries or region within a country

Can't say for Russia but others are not homogenous

Belgium has German speaking and Dutch speaking regions
The Catalonians are trying to opt out of spain because they want a separate Identity
Switzerland is the most diverse country in EU. It is even a case study for diversity

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Anieke39(m): 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2021
sweetshisha:
Ipobians and Fulanis migrate the most and still the worst extremist and segregate alot
make we hear word
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by yetunsbay(m): 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2021
Tranquillity360:
I don't know why yoruba muslims hate we yoruba christians.
show ur true self Mr

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by IMAliyu(m): 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
ntyce:

That's not true..

Look at what advanced countries like Canada and USA did through diversity lottery..

Diversity brings about development, it opens your heart and mind to varieties.

And as they say, variety is the spice of life
I think it's more of the equal opportunity in those countries that make them more successful if anything.

Diversity alone does not achieve that.

But if you could combine, equal opportunity, diversity based on mutual respect, and the rule of law. Then you are bound for success.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
Boudiccao:

What does this have to do with Ipob? Of all the people that make up Nigeria, it's the Ipob people you picked out and mocked.
Ipob doesn't have any diversity to manage in the East unlike the SW region, so why should they be pained by Jonathan's compliment. You should concentrate on the other hetrogenous parts of the country like the North that has not learnt to manage their diversity.
Keep your unnecessary name dropping to yourself.

Lol. Someone is in pain. Are you going to deny that Igbos are hateful, tribalistic and highly intolerant?

Or you want me to dig up the thread where Igbos encouraged Jonathan, after he became substantive President, to be mean to Yorubas, "punish" them and scheme them out of relevance?

I deliberately mentioned IPOB because hate never allows you Igbos to grow or let go of your dislike for others.

Jonathan you so much wanted to be your 'koboko' to whip the Yorubas is now the one actually praising the Yorubas as exemplary and an ethnic group the entire Nigeria should take lessons from.

I am 100% sure Jonathan now regrets his dalliance with the hateful Igbos, like Stella Oduah etal, who made him become the enemies of the Yorubas he is praising today.

See the shame and disgrace of Igbos in the link below yourself to know it would not kill you Igbos, if you have any decency in you at all, to apologize for your awful ways and try to make amends.

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

chino11:
This is a welcome development, the Yorubas should be effectively and perpetually marginalized and schemed out, because they deserve worst things also. What did they achieve for their rotten Yoruba states during wasted years of the baboon called Obasanjorijo Useless and woe tribe. They should step up the complaint, GEJ will as usual and as always mess them up. They forgot that Tinubo sold them out for a pot of 'ewodu', the same way their foolish leaders sold out abioala to the almajiris to be slaughtered.

4 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by codemaniacs: 10:15pm On Jun 23, 2021
abbey621:

When the population is made up of 60 to 70% whites and the rest minorities, you expect minorities to be equal to the number of whites in most companies? The fact remains that majority of minorities are less educated when compared to the whites and not until the last decade or two did most minorities start prioritizing education. Your quota system is only in your head because time and time again, these Europeans/Americans have shown that if you're truly good at what you do, they'll not only roll out the red carpet for you but also depend heavily on you.

E.g. Omalu, Okonjo-Iweala, Pearlena Igbokwe, Maggie Aderin-Pocock and many others......You can either play victim or make yourself so valuable that they can no longer ignore you!

Africans that travel to Europe legally are highly educated. Majority of immigrants in E:urope are highly educated.

Using this comment of yours you have answered yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
I can't stop laughing at the comments though....

Is there one thing you tribal e-warriors would agree on ??

These hatred you keep bantering is leading to bad blood offline .....

The Igbos can't stand when the South Western are praised.

The Yorubas too are waiting to yap the South Easterns when they have negative news .

Can't we stop these childishness

Your.kids will ask you what you were doing when your mates were collaborating on wealth making.

Your search will come.up with fighting e-wars and e-battles that didn't translate to any major achievements.

Kids, stop these churlish behaviour already.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aminu Oguche - Nyanya Bombing Suspect - Freed By Court / Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Had A Fatal Accident, 2 Confirmed Dead, Others Injured / Kogi APC Leaders Celebrate Late Abubakar Audu - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.