Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! (60702 Views)

Militaries Ammo Stocks Low As Ukraine War Drags - NATO, British Officials / Militaries Of Africa Thread / Top Strongest Militaries In The World 2022 (20 Most Powerful Militaries) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by richeeyo(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nato008:

Lols....u know ur history, every inch of island america got from them, America paid it blood.......that Asian front of ww2 was one of the most brutal and bloody, the beast in man truly came alive....but mehn it pales in comparison with the eastern front....Germany and Russia.....there brutality was only matched by there ferocity....every inch of Stalingrad was fought for....house to house, sometimes I wish I was born than...but nah.
Believe me you don't wish you were
The house to house search was bloody
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Topmaike007(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
greggng:
Some people are funny ...when a man has divine powers who can bring him down? Isreal doesn't 've all this weapon but they can just speak a word all other nations will vanish ...respect that
taa you read too much Bible and forget Isreali is different from isrealite in the Bible
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Simeonjoe1: 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
omoluka:

I am a Christian too and i agree with you 100% about Isreal military capability . Regarding US - Russia, I think the only thing going for Russia is the amount of warhead they possess, present Russia don't have the economy that can back a protracted war with a country like US.

Note - I don't think we will ever see an all out war between two nuclear war power, common sense will always prevail.
. Warhead doesn't matter in this case, a war between Russia and USA will likely be an unconventional warfare and not nuclear as both countries will think twice before employing nuclear weapons. You don't have to have the most nuclear weapon to be a threat but the main thing is how many of them are operational and can be delivered. When it comes to nuclear weapon delivery that's where the US has an edge, they have better bombers(stealth B2 spirit), submarines and possibly an advanced ICBM. They also have an air defense system against their ICBM more advanced than that of the Russians.
Lately the US has been trying to improve the individual nuclear bomb capabilities and accuracy which according to expert is even more deadly than a nuclear bomb with higher yield.... So the amount of nuclear weapons you possess is not what really matter, what matters is how effective you can deliver/utilize them and their survival during a preemptive or retaliatory strike.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
Befii:
[s]Bt US would not be able to defeat Russia in a full blown all out war. Russia leads d world in offensive hypersonic weaponry. The present day North Korea would handle Japan with its missiles. Luckily, overrated Israel is no where on d list - cause without US, Israel would suffer. if u knw u knw.[/s]

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by philest222(m): 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2021
We can't find Israel there fa���
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
HigherEd:

Lol bro i wonder.
Japan is an untested military. I'd even rank South Korea ahead of them.

In reality if you rank them by equipment, size, tech, experience I'd say it goes thus.

1) USA
2) Russia
3) China
4) Britain
5) France
6) Israel
7) India
cool Turkey
9) South Korea
10) Saudi Arabia

Some of you quoting Japan smh. Know this, Japan and Germany both currently suffer national PTSD from the consequences of the nuclear attack on Japan and regrets of the Germans during world war 2. Therefore their countries have limited hugely military advancement. Japanese troops are not even allowed foreign deployment hence don't have combat experience for more than 50 years now.

France and Britain are living on past glories.

And India should have a stronger army than China.

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Simeonjoe1: 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
Topmaike007:
don't let hatred block your sense.. Comparing Isreal to Chinese is absurd because the whole military personal of China are the whole populations of Isreal including children..

And money spent on weaponry every year by China is not comparable to Isreali...

Abeg na Iran and Isreali dey league don't compare them with almighty chinko

No where did he compare the Isreal military to the Chinese in that write up
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hammyaladin:
War with Hamas?! Lol.. that's not war.. that's bullying.. when we talk war what isreal do can't be classified as war...

Isreal's Ally with the United States is what gives it strength!

Isreal have fought wars, not just with Hamas. The 6 day war, Yom Kippur war, war of attrition.

Apart from the US, I don't think there is any other country that has been involved in more wars and conflicts than Isreal. Even the UK, france and Germany, how many conflicts have they fought individually, without NATO involvement?
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
IJEYdiamond:
India bikonu.... where is lsrael....

Make i no talk

What kind of list is this??

On every credible list, the Indian army is ranked far over the Israeli army.

Usually, the common order is:

1. USA

2. Russia

3. China

4. India

Although, I believe the Indian Army is stronger than the Chinese Army.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Hamiltonii: 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ayo2004:
What is India doing there
Nigerian army has a chance of beating them sef grin

Oh I tire oh!
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by TemmyDayo50(m): 4:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by NewDelhi(m): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Japan is not even allowed to have an offensive military so how did they get so high?
Pakistan, France, Britain, Israel could have filled that last spot
Which Israel? Lol go read your history.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Japan is not even allowed to have an offensive military so how did they get so high?

bros Japan is deadly as Bleep
They are silent o but ehn, those people are something else

2 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by OmoOshodi(m): 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nigeria should occupy number 1 spot

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by NewDelhi(m): 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
I was told nigeria has the best land soldiers but i dnt think its still like that. Since they started protecting terrorists, killing police to set deadly kidnappers free and colloborate with boko terrorists while killing and oppressing innocent civilians, Nigerians now undstand that their army are a band of terrorists and are now treating them with the language terrorists understands. They smoke them in SE, NE, NW like flies. I hope our NG Army retains its lost glory 1 day and flush out terrorists among them and also stop oppression of innocent civilians so they can be rated well, as it is now sane Nigerians know NA are bunch of terrorists in legal operation
Which lost glory? Haha did this country ever had a glory?
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by DonCortino: 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordVoldermort:

I wonder o
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by TemmyDayo50(m): 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
DONFASZY:
In addition
Nig ve 5808 army and 1 tank and battle sticks
Bt ve 15,079,779,778 boko harams bandits with over 10,000,000 war equipment

battle sticks grin
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by NewDelhi(m): 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
lafuria1:

Yes they are, without USA support,, they are nothing. They are just an extension of USA.

Every year they (Isreal) receive billions of dollars in military support from USA, same with Egypt. Egypt receive lot of military grant from USA reason they are the strongest in Africa
Stop arguing with those kids. All they know is missile defence system and iron dome. I'm sure North Korea has more than this but their secrecy won't let you know grin. Once you omit Israel in anything military, their first point of argument is usually they are surrounded by enemies yet keep defending itself. After that they'll bring iron dome into the argument lol.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by NewDelhi(m): 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
greggng:
Some people are funny ...when a man has divine powers who can bring him down? Isreal doesn't 've all this weapon but they can just speak a word all other nations will vanish ...respect that
Why do you people keep saying this? It's as stale as time . I bet you don't even know israel is dominated by Islam and Jews. Christianity in Israel is a far distance away so rubbish all those religious talk.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by okonyia(m): 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
I am surprised you didn't mention the most powerful cal Isreal
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Nigeriadondie: 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hawkler:

You need to remove your decay tooth before commenting, Isreal are like allien there mode of technology is extra ordinary.
What a good way to address your aging father whose dentition has been lost to chewing gworo gworo
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by NewDelhi(m): 4:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
drakeli:
Do you know India has nuclear weapon made in India? What has the Nigerian military made?
Cc lafuria1

They don't know. That's how one of them was arguing that Israel is better than India military wise lol India. They definitely don't know India. Even the Pakistanis are better than the israelis. The Iranians will even match them easily.

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
True, without the backing of the useless USA, they don't have shiii nor can't do shiii

Nigeriadondie:
Israel is overrated.

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by NewDelhi(m): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ayo2004:
What is India doing there
Nigerian army has a chance of beating them sef grin
Lol too many kids on this forum .

3 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by edward1106(m): 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nigeriadondie:
Israel is overrated.

Surrounded by many Arab Nations and you think they don't really have much? Think again.
ISREAL and secrets are like 5 and 6.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by bluefilm: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordVoldermort:

What of Germany?
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Ayo2004: 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
NewDelhi:

Lol too many kids on this forum .
Forgive my joke about Nigeria but India is not among the top 5 most powerful military in the world
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Ayo2004: 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
yongg:

No not so bro... Their sheer amount is alot, then talk about nuclear dominance, very active industries, home grown and wide range... And strong nationalistic ideals... There rival neighbor as almost just as good... They even produce their own jets
So India has better military than Germany
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by NewDelhi(m): 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

The Iron Dome was deployed against Hamas in the eleven days war. The success rate was massive. Almost intercepted all the rockets fired by Hamas.

Israeli technology should never be underrated
Lol you sef check am. Israel will use all their weapons gotten from their sugar daddies to fight countries like Hamas, Hezbollah, Lebanon, Yemen and you clowns will be hailing them hahaha.. even naija go match those countries one by one. Yet your beloved israel go dey use iron dome on wack missiles from Hamas and Lebanon.. they never jam better stealth missiles like AGM-129A or r36-M . No be all those missiles wry be like knockout from wack countries dem go dey flex iron dome ontop.
omoluka Mangekyo
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Yesboss0009: 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
UAR nko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Phone Ugandan President Museveni Uses Will Shock You (photos) / Donald Trump Admits That Joe Biden Won The American Presidential Election / Zimbabwe Military Takeover Live Updates: Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.