Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! (60728 Views)

Militaries Ammo Stocks Low As Ukraine War Drags - NATO, British Officials / Militaries Of Africa Thread / Top Strongest Militaries In The World 2022 (20 Most Powerful Militaries) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by UGBE634: 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
yongg:

No not so bro... Their sheer amount is alot, then talk about nuclear dominance, very active industries, home grown and wide range... And strong nationalistic ideals... There rival neighbor as almost just as good... They even produce their own jets
Their rival neigbour
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Ashley86400: 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
HigherEd:

Lol bro i wonder.
Japan is an untested military. I'd even rank South Korea ahead of them.

In reality if you rank them by equipment, size, tech, experience I'd say it goes thus.

1) USA
2) Russia
3) China
4) Britain
5) France
6) Israel
7) India
cool Turkey
9) South Korea
10) Saudi Arabia

Japan untested military?
*Laughs in WW2*
Go and read history.

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Ashirioluwa: 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
All the cash that is meant to be spent for Nigerian military personnel and equipment are in the hands of our politicians.

Our politicians are spending this money on their side chicks. Buying beautiful houses and cars for those nollywood girls.

They are using the money to buy beautiful houses in Dubai and the rest of the world.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Arabaincubus: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
Why have they not included ESN?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by omoluka: 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mangekyo:

Im a Christian too. It isn't that hard to admit.
Isreal does not have the kind off military power the listed countries above have. They are pretty strong too but nowhere near those guys. People actually think their military capability is very mighty because they've been dealing with those terrorists around them.
But it isn't so. Winning battles comes down to tactics and strategies, not just weapons. That is why it would be very difficult to predict who would win btw Russia and USA. USA do have the slight edge but we've seen how little armies defeated bigger armies before in the past. It comes down to who gets his strategies right, and also who launches the first attack. Isreal has been able to hush those Lil puppies around them because God gave them brains to strategize very well, it's obvious. There was even a time when Syria, Jordan, and Egypt joined together to attack isreal. But they still overpowered and won the battle despite having the lesser powers in their Arsenal. God is really with those guys ngl
I am Christian too and i agree with 100% about Isreal military capability . Regarding US - Russia, I think the only thing going for Russia is the amount of warhead they possess, present Russia don't have the economy that can back a protracted war with a country like the US.

Note - I don't think we will ever see an all out war between two nuclear war power, common sense will always prevail.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
BinamRex:

Former Japanese president, Shinzo Abe,are changes to the constitution so that Japan can come to the aid of an ally who is attacked.

Yeah, Japan has a pacifist constitution, but changes have been made, and it can go to war if it deems it essential for national security.

For instance, if China and the US go to war, I don't expect Japan to be neutral knowing fully well that their national security and their sovereignty over the disputed Senkaku island are tied to US role as the world's sole superpower.
Okay interesting, but you know just because Japan 'can' go to war ( for America) doesn't mean it 'will', Japan has been pacifist for over 50 years it can't suddenly become offensive, they might be a good army but they shouldn't be ranked that high
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by freemi(m): 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
HigherEd:

Lol bro i wonder.

In reality if you rank them by equipment, size, tech, experience I'd say it goes thus.

1) USA
2) Russia
3) China
4) Britain
5) France
6) Israel
7) India
cool Turkey
9) South Korea
10) Saudi Arabia
very wrong. What of naija?
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Prettylima(f): 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
HigherEd:

Lol bro i wonder.

1) USA
2) Russia
3) China
4) Britain
5) France
6) Israel
7) India
cool Turkey
9) South Korea
10) Saudi Arabia
11) Nigeria grin
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by buzorcharles(m): 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
3 out of the 5 country are fightin a Muslim neigbour. This ppl too like to drag land. Even here 4 naija. Their love for AK47 is really overwhelming.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by BinamRex: 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
lafuria1:

Yes they are, without USA support,, they are nothing. They are just an extension of USA.

Every year they (Isreal) receive billions of dollars in military support from USA, same with Egypt. Egypt receive lot of military grant from USA reason they are the strongest in Africa

The US gives Isreal 3 billion in military aid. Israel doesn't need this aid. It can do without it. Israel is a rich country.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by TruthHurts1(m): 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
Russia-Orthodox Church
USA- Majority Protestant Christian/Minority Catholic. There's also a small but fast growing atheist demographic.

GeneralPula:

Russia - Russia Orthodoxy..

USA - All religion are present..
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Safemoon: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
What about Nigeria military ? When you add the new recruited boko haram/ repented terrorist.they may be up to 10 thousand and very powerfull when fighting civilians.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by yongg: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
UGBE634:
Their rival neigbour

That's Pakistan
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Hawkler: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nigeriadondie:
Israel is overrated.
You need to remove your decay tooth before commenting, Isreal are like allien there mode of technology is extra ordinary.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Zetty177x: 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
I can not see Nigeria on the list..why na?

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Safemoon: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
omoluka:

I a Christian too and i agree with 100% about Isreal military capability . Regarding US - Russia, I think the only thing going for Russia is the amount of warhead they possess, present Russia don't have the economy that can back a protracted war.

They don't have economy don't you think it's because they are investing so much on military?
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by omoluka: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mangekyo:

Im a Christian too. It isn't that hard to admit.
Isreal does not have the kind off military power the listed countries above have. They are pretty strong too but nowhere near those guys. People actually think their military capability is very mighty because they've been dealing with those terrorists around them.
But it isn't so. Winning battles comes down to tactics and strategies, not just weapons. That is why it would be very difficult to predict who would win btw Russia and USA. USA do have the slight edge but we've seen how little armies defeated bigger armies before in the past. It comes down to who gets his strategies right, and also who launches the first attack. Isreal has been able to hush those Lil puppies around them because God gave them brains to strategize very well, it's obvious. There was even a time when Syria, Jordan, and Egypt joined together to attack isreal. But they still overpowered and won the battle despite having the lesser powers in their Arsenal. God is really with those guys ngl
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Mangekyo: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Japan is not even allowed to have an offensive military so how did they get so high?
Pakistan, France, Britain, Israel could have filled that last spot

https://armedforces.eu/compare/country_United_Kingdom_vs_Japan

Enter this website, select any country you want, and hit the "compare" button to compare their military with Japan. You would be shocked
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by BinamRex: 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Okay interesting, but you know just because Japan 'can' go to war ( for America) doesn't mean it 'will', Japan has been pacifist for over 50 years it can't suddenly become offensive, they might be a good army but they shouldn't be ranked that high

If your security hinges on the security of another country, trust me, you will go to war for that country. Japan knows this. If the US is defeated in a war with China ( very unlikely), it would have to withdraw its forces from Asia. Japan wouldn't want this to happen.

The Japanese people know that the presence of the US military in their country is for their benefit. They won't support their country's involvement in America's wars in the Middle East or any other region, but when it concerns China, only as handful of Japanese wouldn't want their military to help the US against China.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by constant1960: 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
Where Nigeria go fall on now
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by BrazilAirport: 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
Why is Nigeria not among
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Nomiyesupersaint: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
Where is our very own Naija? ;DWhere is our very own Naija?
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by philest222(m): 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Useless Israel military is not there fa, and they will be flexing muscle on innocent Palestine.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Dwayne1122: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hmm

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
India bikonu.... where is lsrael....

Make i no talk

What kind of list is this??
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by philest222(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
Alhamdulillah, Israel is not there.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Topmaike007(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
HigherEd:

Huh I don't think you know what you are talking about.
Israel's airforce is the fourth to fifth best in the world. Matches the French or British airforce. And can infact significantly defeat the Chinese airforce in aerial combat because it has a better fleet of well performing American fighter jets that has been even enhanced by Israeli engineers. Infact the only adversaries that convincingly beat the Israeli airforce is Russia and USA. But mind you, during the war of attrition at Sinai, it did overpower Soviet airforce.

Infact Israel has a better understanding of US made fighter jets lol because it is always
illegally invading and evading Syrian and Iranian airspace and frequently encounters live Russian systems and knows which ones are really a threat unlike US airforce that can only predict by theory.

Remains one of the five countries in the world that can shoot out a satellite from space. And the only country that can shoot a dangerous incoming nuclear powered ICBM even before it reenters Earth's atmosphere with it's Arrow3 system.

Has the best integrated air defense system in the world. Protected at 2500km by Arrow3, Arrow2 at 1500km, David Sling at 250km, Iron Dome at 70km and newly Iron Beam (laser tech to complement iron dome). Lastly, the Barack8 jointly designed with India protects it's shores.

Heard of Heron Drone? The fifth best UAV in the world is the best in the middle East, only Turkey can mildly compete with drone technology.

Heard of it's Merkava tank? They are the only indigenous tank specifically built for the middle East terrain. You don't want to see that sh*t in battle. Israel's enemies mostly use American tanks that are not suitable for that terrain.

Heard of its Air To Surface Missile, the "Delilah" tasked within destroying a nations air defense system before Israel's airforce swarms an airspace. It would take out the best Russian S500,400 and 300.

Israel's JerichoIII surface to air can strike targets as far as Abuja, Capetown, Alaska. Anywhere in the world really. Her land forces are some of the best trained in the world with a large supply of well trained reservists to make for the small numbers.

Her Shateyetet special forces are just as good as US Navy seals or Delta force.

The only average segment of Israeli Military is the Navy. This is because Israel's military doctrine is defensive not offensive. And israels problems can mostly come aerially and from land. Not sea.

Not putting Israel on that makes the list a perfect joke.
Many of you measure Israel's military with her crisis with Gaza. Not knowing it is only handling Hamas with kid gloves. Let Iran directly try nonsense that day you would see premium tears in the middle East.

don't let hatred block your sense.. Comparing Isreal to Chinese is absurd because the whole military personal of China are the whole populations of Isreal including children..

And money spent on weaponry every year by China is not comparable to Isreali...

Abeg na Iran and Isreali dey league don't compare them with almighty chinko
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by MansoryMX(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Japan is not even allowed to have an offensive military so how did they get so high?
Pakistan, France, Britain, Israel could have filled that last spot

They aren’t called war lord of the seas for nothing. Japan have one of the strongest Navy force in the entire world!

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Mangekyo: 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
HigherEd:

Lol bro i wonder.

1) USA
2) Russia
3) China
4) Britain
5) France
6) Israel
7) India
cool Turkey
9) South Korea
10) Saudi Arabia

By that statement, Japan should be in top 5 because they have more land force, airforce and naval units that 6 countries in that list. I can agree that they lack experience, but those barely matters. India should be in top 4
Try going through this link. Select whatever country you wanna compare their militaries and compare them. If after going thru it you still come here to form string head, then im afraid I'll have to conclude you're a deluded one

https://armedforces.eu/compare/country_United_Kingdom_vs_Japan

https://armedforces.eu/compare/country_United_Kingdom_vs_India
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
richeeyo:

Which country did attack America on its home soil and killed over 3000men
Japan

You people know nothing
After that came the defensive formation

And the effect of the US using Nuclear bomb on Japan is still felt till today.

Japan can't go on an offensive against another country. It's in their law. Their military is only defensive in nature, according to their constitution.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2021
A305:
Lately, it's a tie between U.S and Russia. No one will ever know the strongest unless they engage in a warfare. The U.S. knows this fact, that is why N.A.T.O and other alliance pact are constantly in preparation with each other for whatever may come their way.

Keep in mind, if WW2 Germany had kept to the original alliance treaty with Russia; Germany and Russia would have won the war and gone ahead to be world powers. Even without alliance Germany came very close. Now imagine if Hitler had not broken the alliance treaty between Russia back then.

Secondly

You omitted Isreal. A country surrounded by many enemies and she still keep on defending herself.

The US have the strongest military in the world. Even the Russians and Putin knows this!

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Sholaco: 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Donald Trump Admits That Joe Biden Won The American Presidential Election / Zimbabwe Military Takeover Live Updates: Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest / US Election 2020: Biden Prepares For Presidency, Launches Transition Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.