Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,734 members, 7,827,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer (28524 Views)

Masked Ghanaian Pastor: I Lived With Satan For 17 Years & Killed 675 People / Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? / Dear Church Goer , Receive Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by amuwo1980: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
All the ballers I know from the university days are still balling till today , both the boys and the girls , all living the good life , even kunny that wanted to fork unec/ enugu to death is now a celebrity happily married to a very young man.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by flokii: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
Emmaomotob:
Because men love women that radiate their sexual energy and not one that makes everything look like sin. But there is no one size fits all.

That's more like it.. a woman that knows her onions and is able to radiate her sexuality will attract guys more.

Not to say she has to dress indecently or walk naked on streets to see husband.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
Sterope:
I would think it is obvious that you can be successful without networking but your kind of network increases your shot at success.
I don't know... never bought into the networking and interpersonal skills movement... maybe because I predate the movement. undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by djon78(m): 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
[b]

Psalm 37

King James Version

37 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.

2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.

15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.

16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the Lord upholdeth the righteous.

18 The Lord knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.

19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

21 The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.

22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.

24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.

27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.

28 For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

32 The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.

33 The Lord will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.

34 Wait on the Lord, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

35 I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.

36 Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.

37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.

39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble.

40 And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
As a Christian, no matter how focused and ambitious you are, you are promised suffering and afflictions by Jesus Christ. The wayward/unbeliever does not live under such a yoke. undecided

As a Christian, your "success" is measured not by the world's standards, but by standards set by Jesus Christ. So when Stephen was stoned to death, even a a young man probably in his 20s, he was a success story. For the wayward/unbeliever, there are no such limits as the world is indeed their oyster. undecided

As a Christian, your very continued existence is bound to your successful submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, so sins and curses attack as you reject God's law. The unbeliever/wayward man who is not under such a yoke is not inhibited in such a way. undecided
You are at liberty to chose whatever you believe. My Christianity is against being poor on earth as a Christian. Abraham was not poor and he didn't leave a worldly life either. I know a lot of good Christians that are leaving a good life. The level God has taken me so far, is a enough testimony for me to know that he still have enough in stock for me without compromising my faith and trust in him.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by oyebanji(m): 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
Is this a graduate?

obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, there is something that I don't really understand about life or let me say religion. I know some people may see it as luck or destiny. But if we call it destiny, then every Christian or all child of God suspose to be prosper and leave a better life than Dangote.

Because according to Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version that's says For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

But when I check those guys we call pastors and Alfa in School (University) they don't play with Church Fellowship or Mosque prayers, they get the best results, as in when it come to Education, they are very sound but most of this people end up teaching in one local private school or the other. While those Stubborn guys, that go to Club and party every night, many of them manage to get Third class but they end up in better companies, some are abroad while some are in government.

Also, those ladies that doesn't allow man to touch thier hand not to talk of hugs, infact majority of them are still virgin base on thier looks and behavior ( Not all). They always reserve thier body for thier future husband Many of those ladies too are on the street looking for husband up till now and looking old now. Even those that marry among them are still looking for the friut of the womb. But those strippers, Club girls, they hardly attend attend class and many of them even graduated with poor result get the best husband, have beautiful kids and better job.

Now my question is, why those who lived a wayward life in school get better opportunities than Church goer or those Alfa?
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by yinkeys(m): 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
@obembet Read this book.
The Rational Male: Religion by Rollo Tomassi
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Dangerousboy(m): 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What? undecided

You dont know that the New Covenant is styled by God in much the same way as the Old Covenant, complete with blessings curses, seal, commandments, ritual/ceremony, eligibility, Kingdom. and even a name by which the Covenant can be invoked? undecided

And here I was scolding someone of another religion of missing that. undecided
sir there is no law in the new testament. What we might call a law, which is the life style of the believer, is Love.

Rom.8.1 - There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom.8.2 - For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Gal.5.22 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal.5.23 - Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Peteromi(m): 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
I think this isn't true op, Nigeria have background problem cap up with mentality and something sha
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by ikenna44: 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
facts!!!

Till this day, I regret bin a good boy in my school days! I know a lot of my school mates that clubbed everyday, carried all kinds of h.oes and are living their best lives now, with best jobs, beautiful houses, wives, kids, cars...

and anything I try to rant bout my regrets, someone will be there to tell me about how my life could have bin worse!

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by kpo56(m): 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by madridsta007(m): 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, there is something that I don't really understand about life or let me say religion. I know some people may see it as luck or destiny. But if we call it destiny, then every Christian or all child of God suspose to be prosper and leave a better life than Dangote.

Because according to Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version that's says For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

But when I check those guys we call pastors and Alfa in School (University) they don't play with Church Fellowship or Mosque prayers, they get the best results, as in when it come to Education, they are very sound but most of this people end up teaching in one local private school or the other. While those Stubborn guys, that go to Club and party every night, many of them manage to get Third class but they end up in better companies, some are abroad while some are in government.

Also, those ladies that doesn't allow man to touch thier hand not to talk of hugs, infact majority of them are still virgin base on thier looks and behavior ( Not all). They always reserve thier body for thier future husband Many of those ladies too are on the street looking for husband up till now and looking old now. Even those that marry among them are still looking for the friut of the womb. But those strippers, Club girls, they hardly attend attend class and many of them even graduated with poor result get the best husband, have beautiful kids and better job.

Now my question is, why those who lived a wayward life in school get better opportunities than Church goer or those Alfa?

BLOODY LIE.

As long as the Church-goer is a commited Believer and a man/woman of character and ALSO hardworking, there is no evidence that someone who lived a wayward life is better grin grin

You must be joking. This agenda wont sell, mbok.
I was a Youth Pastor throughout my secondary school and university days- undergrad, masters and PhD.
Today, by God's grace I am an Assistant Professor soon to be Associate Professor, and a consultant to several global organisations.
I am not yet 30. I am not the only one with this story.
Stop this nonsense, Oga.

3 Likes

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Josywhyte: 4:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
Bros no be everybody get the same grace if not we all for dey work for oil companies or dey abroad long before now. Bible talk am say 'there's time for everything'

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Aduroja123(m): 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said you cannot be a friend of His and of the World, your Mog dey there dey tell you the opposite... and you sef dey open mouth tell people? undecided

Always comprehend the minimalistic theory of Hemingway.

Do you know the intent of my reply to this post?
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Eagle360(m): 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
You didn't point out that many stubborn and waywardness people too are not lucky. Their behavior cause setback to them.
This life no balance.
God bless whoever he want.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Standing5(m): 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:

I suspect they made a deal with the adversary. That's the only logic. The adversary is focused on the yet to be captured ones and has a lot more resources for that I quess.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
You are at liberty to chose whatever you believe. My Christianity is against being poor on earth as a Christian. Abraham was not poor and he didn't leave a worldly life either. I know a lot of good Christians that are leaving a good life. The level God has taken me so far, is a enough testimony for me to know that he still have enough in stock for me without compromising my faith and trust in him.
We are not taking of what I believe but what it means to be bound to one of God's Covenants. Ask the Israelites! undecided

Sure, you claim your Christianity is against being poor on earth but Jesus Christ did state that in order to become worthy of Him and gain access to Heaven,you first need to Sell everything you have and give it all away- Luke 13 vs 43-46 - declaring that no one will ever enter His Kingdom without doing that first. undecided

Sure, you know some good Christians living good lives but what should we do about the vast majority not doing the same? Pretend they do not count? I may even be possible that those experiencing suffering and tribulations in their lives are instead the ones marked by God as His, while you continue to focus on those who you find successful by world standards. undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
Standing5:
I suspect they made a deal with the adversary. That's the only logic. The adversary is focused on the yet to be captured ones and has a lot more resources for that I quess.
I think that is a myth! undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by spencekat(m): 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
It is not true.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Johel(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Because they are not under Law and so not bound by consequences of the Law, including curses .
You see, what your Mogs fail to warn you is that when you make a decision to become of God by believing in Jesus Christ, you entire existence is brought subject to the Law of the New Covenant, the blessings and the curses. undecided

Insightful.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Dangerousboy(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ literally promised all those who will follow Him suffering and Tribulation but here you declare that these things are common to men? undecided
Read this two scriptures sir,

1Cor.10.13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Mark.10.30 - But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by spencekat(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
God2man2again:
This is not true. Are you discouraging people from going to church?

What manner of post?
Exactly!Pure fallacy.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by spencekat(m): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fronesis:
I was a church goer, the best graduating student and have the best job in my set.vwgat nonsense are you talking about. Infact reverse is the case from my point of view. I know alot of church goers doing great today.
Very great self
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Truvelisback(m): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
It's Vice versa.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by fof1: 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:

PLS YOUR ASSERTION IS FAULTY,ON A VERY DUMB AND WRONG FOUNDATION WITHOUT RATIONAL PREMISES.PLS DISCARD IT COMPLETELY AND DO MORE FOR GOD'S ATTENTION. Our Lives is in d Hands of God ALMIGHTY... Who will Judge the Quick and d Dead infinito!
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
Dangerousboy:
sir there is no law in the new testament. What we might call a law, which is the life style of the believer, is Love.

Rom.8.1 - There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom.8.2 - For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Gal.5.22 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal.5.23 - Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
What do you think the word "New Testament" means? The very title of the Section clearly reveals that a New Covenant/Law is revealed in its pages, yet you never realized even this? undecided

So when Jesus Christ declared that those who are His friends are those who Obey His laws, did you simply brush it off as Jesus Christ being high on something? undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Standing5(m): 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I think that is a myth! undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Queenserah26(f): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
Honestly

Ahmed0336:
Na why you go hear some people dey shout " dis lyf no balance"

God does His things His way.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by ObaKlaz: 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The devil has nothing to do with this. In fact those of you who see devil everywhere you look are more danger to the faith than any other kind out there. undecided

Una kind see devil pass Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
With due respect, please stop trying to add your two cents to my opinions here. Anyone else can, but not you.

Once again, I mean no offense.
Thanks!
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Dangerousboy(m): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What do you think the word "New Testament" means? The very title of the Section clearly reveals that a New Covenant/Law is revealed in its pages, yet you never realized even this? undecided

So when Jesus Christ declared that those who are His friends are those who Obey His laws, did you simply brush it off as Jesus Christ being high on something? undecided
OK sir, what is the law?
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by obembet(f): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
oyebanji:
Is this a graduate?

How?
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Julianaa: 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
BDXTRA:

You stopped early and I dont think that is worth regretting for. You could still make more worth of the time in the third and fourth year na. Even if you dey go church with sense sef while also monitoring your life and not depending on the so called faith which is mostly hopeful fantasy, it is not bad = This is what some call Faith with work.

But here we are talking of who depended all through on the church during their stay in school and after school sef (believing they are the best of saints and that God will take care of everything concerning them with little effort from their side), and thereafter water pass garri because the REALITY is shocking especially in a country like Nigeria.
I didn't stop going to church

I changed church and started going only on sundays

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Have You Noticed All The Women Accusing Suleiman Are Into Acting/showbiz? / Why Do Most Churches Make It Mandatory For Women To Cover Their Hair In Church? / I Prophesied About My Brother In The Army & It Came To Pass;Resigned Priest. PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.