Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer (28514 Views)

Masked Ghanaian Pastor: I Lived With Satan For 17 Years & Killed 675 People / Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? / Dear Church Goer , Receive Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by dustydee: 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, there is something that I don't really understand about life or let me say religion. I know some people may see it as luck or destiny. But if we call it destiny, then every Christian or all child of God suspose to be prosper and leave a better life than Dangote.

Because according to Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version that's says For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

But when I check those guys we call pastors and Alfa in School (University) they don't play with Church Fellowship or Mosque prayers, they get the best results, as in when it come to Education, they are very sound but most of this people end up teaching in one local private school or the other. While those Stubborn guys, that go to Club and party every night, many of them manage to get Third class but they end up in better companies, some are abroad while some are in government.

Also, those ladies that doesn't allow man to touch thier hand not to talk of hugs, infact majority of them are still virgin base on thier looks and behavior ( Not all). They always reserve thier body for thier future husband Many of those ladies too are on the street looking for husband up till now and looking old now. Even those that marry among them are still looking for the friut of the womb. But those strippers, Club girls, they hardly attend attend class and many of them even graduated with poor result get the best husband, have beautiful kids and better job.

Now my question is, why those who lived a wayward life in school get better opportunities than Church goer or those Alfa?
I think so many "Christians" in Nigeria completely isolate themselves from the "world" and neglect to do what is needed to advance in life.
Even Jesus alluded to that in one of his parables (Luke 16: 1-12). Verse 8: "And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light."

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by djon78(m): 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
We are not taking of what I believe but what it means to be bound to one of God's Covenants. Ask the Israelites! undecided

Sure, you claim your Christianity is against being poor on earth but Jesus Christ did state that in order to become worthy of Him and gain access to Heaven,you first need to Sell everything you have and give it all away- Luke 13 vs 43-46 - declaring that no one will ever enter His Kingdom without doing that first. undecided

Sure, you know some good Christians living good lives but what should we do about the vast majority not doing the same? Pretend they do not count? I may even be possible that those experiencing suffering and tribulations in their lives are instead the ones marked by God as His, while you continue to focus on those who you find successful by world standards. undecided

Being a just nominal Christian guarantees you nothing

Rightly application of God's word, commands and instructions brings prosperity and success

A genuine believer may be going to church
But not applying the principles of God's word in his or life

For instance
The major way to prosperity as a Christian is through giving

Give to God's work
Give to those in needs
Give to your relatives in needs

Added with hardwork, thinking smart, taking adequate actions

This is a principle that has worked for me time and time again

You must be a giver
Be deliberate and intentional with your life and actions
Think smart and creatively
Also be a person of prayer and having time for studying God's word
Living a clean Holy life

You can never fall

Most times
Many Christians are not applying all these principles in there life
Therefor they fail woefully in life

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Mozegee: 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
My brother what what was posted is the simple truth. Girls who live a rough life seems to marry good and wealthy man. Even in carrier it happens. Check out this politicians most of them are 3rd class holders. But all I can say here is the grace of God upon one's life.
God2man2again:
This is not true. Are you discouraging people from going to church?

What manner of post?
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2021
Dangerousboy:
OK sir, what is the law?
Jesus Christ is the Law promised by God through the Prophets, God's Truth,
the embodiment of the Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

His very teachings contain the details of the Law - the very terms and conditions by which we are meant to live our lives in the Kingdom of God by. undecided

Matthew 23 vs 1- 36, are just some of the curses that impact the lives of those who are of His Kingdom but refuse to submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Am in between the two...

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by SmartPolician: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
CharisEleos:
Better opportunities they used their bodies to get as that has always been their ways of making it and getting whatever they want. So, it has become a normal lifestyle for them and continues even up to getting the best jobs while you sit there thinking they get it on a platter of gold.

If I gave in to a the so many rich men that came my way since 2001 ( to sleep with me) I started working, by now I'll prolly own Mansions and fleet of cars because these were super rich men and CEOs of companies, even chairmen and vice chairmen of Island clubs in Ikoyi those days wanted to date and enrich me but I held on to my faith and I'm glad I did. No regrets. I know some day, God will reward me in a clean way.

The Bible already says in the world ye shall find tribulations but that we should be of good cheer, for he has overcome the world. Therefore I'll not be moved by how others are using their wayward life to make it big.

Imagine if the girl that killed super tv CEO didn't end up badly, tomorrow you'll come here to celebrate her. Tufia!

Experience is speaking. You are already blessed; you are already waiting for the manifestation.

Please keep living right. In glad we still have sane ladies in this part of the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by NoToPile: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
You guys have started with all these baseless assertions.

If your siblings get admission tell them to start balling and attending clubs, they shouldn't go to church or mosque shikena.

Well at least the arguement its not about virgin/ non virgin ladies being a better wife this time around

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by anungangampu: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
Virtue has it own reward, hardwork has it own but being evil and rich have no reward. Dont mix flashy things with reward. As you grow older, you understand; its not the way you think at 20 you think at 30 and 60. When you make the money you will get a new understanding too. Poverty just makes this things appear more needful than they appear.
If you need money through any means go and look for it and stop sinning hating those that got it.
At the end we all have less than 100yrs to drop it all and continue to wherever we see ourself.
My solution is
1. Listen one of Steve Jobs valedictorian. He said it all in 10mins.
2. Read Jeff Olson book

3. Have a goals your Pursue
4. Stop serving God because of what happens after we die.

We all have same weather and time.
Don't judge by Nigeria, everything we know about riches and godliness is so skewed.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by StubbornGENIUS: 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:

How?
Isn't the reason for his question obvious?
Next time read through your write ups before posting.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by BDXTRA: 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
phemmyfour:
Honestly this question has been on my mind for weeks. Those runs girls in school days are finding it easy now

This is because they learned early on how to survive in the harsh life's terrain. Most of them did not really go into runz because of greed; they were into it to survive. There is the struggle for survival everywhere in the world even in the so called developed country, how much more a country like Nigeria where those in extreme poverty live below a dollar per day. Look at the prices of garri, beans and rice in this Buhari time. How will people survive? Some of the runz girlz sef even sponsored dem own education (even though we, and the society disapprove this ay of life).

So they are more experienced on how to plan their lives and move unlike some very churchy guyz and mummy's pikin who don't understand the pains of earning and who don't have open hearts to mingle with others. What they don't tell adolescents and young adults especially in church is that they need money to reduce life's problems and to make things work for them and therefore, they ought to be focused and prepare early.

The general excuse from the guardians is that they don't want dem to quickly tear eye open for money matter, but when these young adults are set for life, they begin to struggle and they are welcomed to harsh reality. And all those guardians, you won't see dem to help or they are unavailable to help.

Bro. na God know how him fit judge people
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
SmartPolician:

Experience is speaking. You are already blessed; you are already waiting for the manifestation.

Please keep living right. In glad we still have sane ladies in this part of the world.

Amen and Amen.
The Church is matching on and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by BDXTRA: 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Julianaa:
I didn't stop going to church

I changed church and started going only on sundays

Okay, I understand. That's what I should have done also, but baba don cast.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by djon78(m): 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mozegee:
My brother what what was posted is the simple truth. Girls who live a rough life seems to marry good and wealthy man. Even in carrier it happens. Check out this politicians most of them are 3rd class holders. But all I can say here is the grace of God upon one's life.

And I have seen girls that lived a pure life in uni days
Having better life than the runs girls

One I know
While in the uni
Lived a pure life
Going to school and fellowship
Today she is happily married with kids
Her husband is very successful
They live in Banana island
Still serving God

I also know of former runs girl
Same set with the Lady I mentioned
She do runs
Even catch a governor
Got married to him

But na run she run from the marriage
She was almost going mental and crazy

There is no gain in wayward life at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by MrCuteking(m): 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fronesis:
I was a church goer, the best graduating student and have the best job in my set.vwgat nonsense are you talking about. Infact reverse is the case from my point of view. I know alot of church goers doing great today.
Is this guy not from uniben. Only one fronesis.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by lequama10: 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:
God will never do for you what you can do for yourself

For those that disagree, 70% of our leaders are 3rd class graduate, while some don't even have certificate at all.
says who continue with that your thought, you will understand soonest...
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by stagger: 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, there is something that I don't really understand about life or let me say religion. I know some people may see it as luck or destiny. But if we call it destiny, then every Christian or all child of God suspose to be prosper and leave a better life than Dangote.

Because according to Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version that's says For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

But when I check those guys we call pastors and Alfa in School (University) they don't play with Church Fellowship or Mosque prayers, they get the best results, as in when it come to Education, they are very sound but most of this people end up teaching in one local private school or the other. While those Stubborn guys, that go to Club and party every night, many of them manage to get Third class but they end up in better companies, some are abroad while some are in government.

Also, those ladies that doesn't allow man to touch thier hand not to talk of hugs, infact majority of them are still virgin base on thier looks and behavior ( Not all). They always reserve thier body for thier future husband Many of those ladies too are on the street looking for husband up till now and looking old now. Even those that marry among them are still looking for the friut of the womb. But those strippers, Club girls, they hardly attend attend class and many of them even graduated with poor result get the best husband, have beautiful kids and better job.

Now my question is, why those who lived a wayward life in school get better opportunities than Church goer or those Alfa?

How many people did you sample to come up with this?
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
djon78:

Being a just nominal Christian guarantees you nothing
Rightly application of God's word, commands and instructions brings prosperity and success
A genuine believer may be going to church
But not applying the principles of God's word in his or life
For instance
The major way to prosperity as a Christian is through giving
Give to God's work
Give to those in needs
Give to your relatives in needs
Added with hardwork, thinking smart, taking adequate actions
This is a principle that has worked for me time and time again
You must be a giver
Be deliberate and intentional with your life and actions
Think smart and creatively
Also be a person of prayer and having time for studying God's word
Living a clean Holy life
You can never fall
Most times
Many Christians are not applying all these principles in there life
Therefor they fail woefully in life
In the Kingdom of God, success is joy measured according to world standards but according to that defined by Jesus Christ. So your principles, if not in line with the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, amount to nothing and whatever success you think you gain meaningless in the Kingdom of God where it ought to matter. undecided

Those of the Kingdom of God are bound to a different set of rules than those in the world that is why one should never be easily decieved by the things of the world and the world's measure of success. undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
Someone7:
When was this research done?

Asking for a friend
January 23 1994,
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by coronavirus19: 5:30pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:

Have you ever heard the quote, A students work for C students, while B students work for the government. This should explain it
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Dangerousboy(m): 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is the Law promised by God through the Prophets, God's Truth,
the embodiment of the Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

His very teachings contain the details of the Law - the very terms and conditions by which we are meant to live our lives in the Kingdom of God by. undecided

Matthew 23 vs 1- 36, are just some of the curses that impact the lives of those who are of His Kingdom but refuse to submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. undecided
how is Jesus Christ the law? Laws that was written on tablets of stone?

Any way, check out this scripture

Rom.13.8 - Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom.13.9 - For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom.13.10 - Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by obembet(f): 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
StubbornGENIUS:
Isn't the reason for his question obvious?
Next time read through your write ups before posting.

Thank you
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by SmartPolician: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
SocialJustice:
Such is life, I've gotten to the point where I'm just trying to work out my success not depending on any supernatural being. If supernatural beings want to help, fine but I'm no longer asking for favours, as long as I have life let me see what I can achieve. Na so, because this matter you brought up, if you know how it annoys me.

Pretend all you want, there's something called grace. Well, unbelievers call it luck. If it doesn't happen to you, you are likely going to spend all your life struggling.

My advice is work hard and pray. Even the Bible tells us that faith without works is dead. May God remember you. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by davidodiba(m): 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
HeadNigga:
Most of them were not wayward...they were only networking while the over religious ones were too judgemental to build bridges.

Religion should not stop you from networking. Don't be a bigot

Nailed. Like this angle
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by anungangampu: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
Peteromi:
I think this isn't true op, Nigeria have background problem cap up with mentality and something sha
Yes I think u are right. More of a black and a Nigerian thing.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by simplesearch: 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
Sometimes God gives the best of this life to those who have no hereafter. But it is always not so, there are many believers doing extremely well all over the world. The only problem is this, an unbeliever has little regard for ethics or fair play as far as success or succeeding is concern. He can do anything to get what he wants or succeed, it may sometimes not be to the extreme but it can always be that thing that's capable of putting a taint on his integrity or undermine his principles he careless. He can cheat in an exam, he can impersonate where possible, as a purchasing manager he can inflate cost to the detriment of the company he represents, as an account he can steal even by proxy, as a sales executive he can defraud both company and customer to his advantage, as a politician he can rig election in broad day light or kill his opponent to grab the position, as a lawyer he can lie against the truth to win a case and get the price, as a medical doctor he can abort to make more money, as a govt worker he can inflate contract and receive mouth watering kick back, as a student she can sleep her way to good grade or get involve in cultism to coward lecturers into subjection, they can co-habit on campus to get a suitor or fake pregnancy. All this a child of God cannot do both in personal life and business, so at some point the unbeliever may seems to tower above his counterpart, but God said it will be well with the righteous.

Psalm 37:16
Better is the little that the righteous has than the abundance of many wicked.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Sterope(f): 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
Good for you.
Kobojunkie:
I don't know... never bought into the networking and interpersonal skills movement... maybe because I predate the movement. undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by lequama10: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:

my advice for you, whatever you find your hands doing, do it well.. shikena...person weh get third class for school no go tell you how later he got serious with life and pick up the pieces... All the best bro...
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Gjmff: 5:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
Oh
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
We are not taking of what I believe but what it means to be bound to one of God's Covenants. Ask the Israelites! undecided

Sure, you claim your Christianity is against being poor on earth but Jesus Christ did state that in order to become worthy of Him and gain access to Heaven,you first need to Sell everything you have and give it all away- Luke 13 vs 43-46 - declaring that no one will ever enter His Kingdom without doing that first. undecided

Sure, you know some good Christians living good lives but what should we do about the vast majority not doing the same? Pretend they do not count? I may even be possible that those experiencing suffering and tribulations in their lives are instead the ones marked by God as His, while you continue to focus on those who you find successful by world standards. undecided
As I said you are entitled to your opinion. If your own Christianity promised you suffering and poverty, mine is not.
I hold on to God's promises on the following ;
Deuteronomy 28: 8-14, Jere. 29: 11, Deuteronomy 18: 18; 2Corin 9: 8; 2Corin8:9; Job 22: 23-27.

Good luck to you

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Lightorder: 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
juseng:
What you really don't understand about life is that 'grace means undeserved favor from God'.
There's no justification to your claims.
you are right but I have come to realize that some of those reserved ones are so lazy that they leave what God had created them to do to be successful, to God in prayers. Whereas the bible said, “ see ANY man DILIGENT in his work, he shall stand before the kings “. God is a God of principles. Lazarus in the bible was righteous, but was very poor. He died and still made heaven. Those out going one are risk takers. They believe that it is only their efforts that could make them succeed, so they put all their best and turn out the best. I have seen Godly ,reserved, hard working ones. Their success is unimaginable. God’s grace + godliness + hard work = high flying

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by djon78(m): 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
In the Kingdom of God, success is joy measured according to world standards but according to that defined by Jesus Christ. So your principles, if not in line with the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, amount to nothing and whatever success you think you gain meaningless in the Kingdom of God where it ought to matter. undecided

Those of the Kingdom of God are bound to a different set of rules than those in the world that is why one should never be easily decieved by the things of the world and the world's measure of success. undecided

Jesus said the centre of all commandments is Love
He defined it as though shall Love the Lord they God with all the might, strength and soul
And though shall Love thy neighbor as thing self

The law and the prophets are centred on this pivotal Truth

Loving God and loving our fellow human being is what God wants from us

And everything we do revolves around that

Any other thing outside this is off

It's because God loves humanity he sent Christ Jesus to the earth
So love is the center of all to both God and man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Yoruba Origins Of The Name Moses (not The Man Moses) - By Reno Omokri / I Don't Fall When Touched By My Church Pastor For Annoting / When Did The Apostles Become Born Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.