Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer (28498 Views)

Masked Ghanaian Pastor: I Lived With Satan For 17 Years & Killed 675 People / Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? / Dear Church Goer , Receive Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by skj1377(m): 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2021
yes, and they also get good husbands.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
Dangerousboy:
how is Jesus Christ the law? Laws that was written on tablets of stone?

Any way, check out this scripture

Rom.13.8 - Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom.13.9 - For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom.13.10 - Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Did God somehow tell you that you should ONLY obey His Laws that are written on tablets of stone? undecided

Jesus Christ is the Word directly of God's Mouth to you , delivering to you a New Covenant, a Law/standard for living in the Kingdom of God.

Instead of the Old commandments, He gave you new measures by which to weigh yourselves....

1. Instead of “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any gods before Me.” , Jesus Christ declared that you cannot serve two masters - Matthew 6 vs 24. undecided

2. Instead “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”, Jesus declared that no harm will come to those who insult Him or God, but only to those who insult the Spirit of God, an act He deemed unforgivable - Mark 3 vs 28 - 30. undecided

3. Instead of "Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day", Jesus Christ declared “The Sabbath day was made to help people. People were not made to be ruled by the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord of every day, even the Sabbath.” - Mark 2 vs 27 - 28, essentially doing away with the need for a holy day. undecided

4. Instead of "Honor your mother and Father that your days may be long in the land that He have their fathers...", Jesus Christ instead declared that only those who abandon their parents and families for His sake are worthy Him and eternity in His Heaven - Luke 14 vs 26. undecided

5. Instead of “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”, Jesus Christ declared that even by simply lusting in your heart, you are already guilty of adultery - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 30 undecided

6. Instead of “Thou shalt not steal. ” , Jesus Christ declared that if you have in your hand something that your neighbor has need of, don't tell him to come tomorrow, give him that which he asked for - Matthew 5 vs 42undecided

7. Instead of "Thou shall not Kill", Jesus instead declared that “You have heard that it was said to our people long ago, ‘You must not murder anyone.[a] Any person who commits murder will be judged.’ But I tell you, don’t be angry with anyone. If you are angry with others, you will be judged. And if you insult someone, you will be judged by the high court. And if you call someone a fool, you will be in danger of the fire of hell." - Matthew 5 vs 21 - 23

8. Instead of "Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor", Jesus Christ declared, " But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." - Matthew 12 vs 36 - 37 undecided

And He declared that only those who will submit to and obey His teachings and Commandments are those who belong to Him. undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by LoveJesus87(m): 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
juseng:
What you really don't understand about life is that 'grace means undeserved favor from God'.
There's no justification to your claims.
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
djon78:
Jesus said the centre of all commandments is Love
He defined it as though shall Love the Lord they God with all the might, strength and soul
And though shall Love thy neighbor as thing self
The law and the prophets are centred on this pivotal Truth
Loving God and loving our fellow human being is what God wants from us
And everything we do revolves around that
Any other thing outside this is off
It's because God loves humanity he sent Christ Jesus to the earth
So love is the center of all to both God and man
How do you Love God with all of your heart, mind, body and soul? undecided

How do you love your neighbor as you love your own self? undecided

The details of the above are found written of in the other laws. The two greatest laws are just that, the two greatest and not given you even by Jesus Christ as the two ONLY laws. undecided

Jesus Christ warned you against focusing on obeying some of His laws while ignoring the others. The Law is absolute - all or nothing- you break or ignore one, you might as well have broken or ignored them all. undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by mitje(m): 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
CharisEleos:
Better opportunities they used their bodies to get as that has always been their ways of making it and getting whatever they want. So, it has become a normal lifestyle for them and continues even up to getting the best jobs while you sit there thinking they get it on a platter of gold.

If I gave in to a the so many rich men that came my way since 2001 ( to sleep with me) I started working, by now I'll prolly own Mansions and fleet of cars because these were super rich men and CEOs of companies, even chairmen and vice chairmen of Island clubs in Ikoyi those days wanted to date and enrich me but I held on to my faith and I'm glad I did. No regrets. I know some day, God will reward me in a clean way.

The Bible already says in the world ye shall find tribulations but that we should be of good cheer, for he has overcome the world. Therefore I'll not be moved by how others are using their wayward life to make it big.

Imagine if the girl that killed super tv CEO didn't end up badly, tomorrow you'll come here to celebrate her. Tufia!

I like this. You will go far!! �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Dangerousboy(m): 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did God somehow tell you that you should ONLY obey His Laws that are written on tablets of stone? undecided

Jesus Christ is the Word directly of God's Mouth to you , delivering to you a New Covenant, a Law/standard for living in the Kingdom of God.

Instead of the Old commandments, He gave you new measures by which to weigh yourselves....

1. Instead of “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any gods before Me.” , Jesus Christ declared that you cannot serve two masters - Matthew 6 vs 24. undecided

2. Instead “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”, Jesus declared that no harm will come to those who insult Him or God, but only to those who insult the Spirit of God, an act He deemed unforgivable - Mark 3 vs 28 - 30. undecided

3. Instead of "Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day", Jesus Christ declared “The Sabbath day was made to help people. People were not made to be ruled by the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord of every day, even the Sabbath.” - Mark 2 vs 27 - 28, essentially doing away with the need for a holy day. undecided

4. Instead of "Honor your mother and Father that your days may be long in the land that He have their fathers...", Jesus Christ instead declared that only those who abandon their parents and families for His sake are worthy Him and eternity in His Heaven - Luke 14 vs 26. undecided

5. Instead of “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”, Jesus Christ declared that even by simply lusting in your heart, you are already guilty of adultery - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 30 undecided

6. Instead of “Thou shalt not steal. ” , Jesus Christ declared that if you have in your hand something that your neighbor has need of, don't tell him to come tomorrow, give him that which he asked for - Matthew 5 vs 42undecided

7. Instead of "Thou shall not Kill", Jesus instead declared that “You have heard that it was said to our people long ago, ‘You must not murder anyone.[a] Any person who commits murder will be judged.’ But I tell you, don’t be angry with anyone. If you are angry with others, you will be judged. And if you insult someone, you will be judged by the high court. And if you call someone a fool, you will be in danger of the fire of hell." - Matthew 5 vs 21 - 23

8. Instead of "Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor", Jesus Christ declared, " But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." - Matthew 12 vs 36 - 37 undecided

And He declared that only those who will submit to and obey His teachings and Commandments are those who belong to Him. undecided
omg! But I just showed you from the scripture that every thing, all these laws are summed up in love. What else do you want? I just showed you something that everyone would grasp easily. Love is the New testament law.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by apkgameer: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
wow !! the way you explain things its esy to understand . thanks for the information . i am looking forward to read more from you .
if you like https://apkgameer.com/ , you can download apk games and lot more in my website https://apkgameer.com/ .thank you
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am being serious...we are dealing with a Covenant that limits peoples lives to that which they are able to obtain from the terms and conditions set in the contract which they sign up for. And on top of that. you are,in Jesus Christ, promised suffering and tribulations. undecided

You know you are always viewing your own things from a another angle. Lemme jor undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Homebaked: 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nowadays christians love quoting old testament texts and declaring the promises therein without examining the reality through the Christian principles the claim to uphold. Jesus only promised eternal reward in Heaven. He was never particular about being rich here on Earth by being true to the gospel. Prosperity preachers, seeing scanty justification for their doctrine, are turning to old testament for promises that apply only to the Israelite nation. Infact, pursuit of riches for it's own sake is not encouraged in Christianity. Persistent hardwork and doggedness brings about wealth regardless of the tribe or creed one subscribes to. The richest christians around are pastors but the richest people on Earth are not christians.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by BDXTRA: 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mutaultope:
The waywards know their way around things and situations early in life ..... they tend to hustle for themselves early while the church goers depends on the parents too much and are told not to venture into life lesson events

The waywards makes mistakes earlier and they correct them faster. the churchy one tends to make mistakes later and the mistakes swallow them

just ask PASTORS CHILDREN

I can't have put it better! You said it perfectly. Those perceived wayward (it is not all of them that are wayward sef) are quickly exposed to reality and they could early see the difficult terrains of life and they knew they had to buckle up, ELSE ......... grin
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by BDXTRA: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
shekauvsbuhari:
. Many people because of religion, they don't make connections, they don't go out and get linked up with people that make things happen. Many religious folks don't go out to get what they want and many times, they settle for less. They allow religion to limit their scope in life and they dwell more on life in eternity instead of making the best of opportunities in this present life. Many also accept unsavoury situations as the will of God instead of making efforts to change their situation and get what they want. The worst is that most spiritualise things they are not supposed to spiritualise. Instead of taking charge of their lives and using their God-given talents to mould it into what they dream of, they become laid-back and say they are leaving things in the hands of God. Many spend a lot of their time praying about things that they are supposed to go out there and take charge of and do. In essence, they allow religion to becloud their sence of reasoning and instead of being uplifted by their closeness to God, religion become their limitation. Mostly because of wrong interpretation and understanding ot the scripture.

Perfectly said! in fact, you did justice to it.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by simplesearch: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
SocialJustice:
Such is life, I've gotten to the point where I'm just trying to work out my success not depending on any supernatural being. If supernatural beings want to help, fine but I'm no longer asking for favours, as long as I have life let me see what I can achieve. Na so, because this matter you brought up, if you know how it annoys me.

My brother sometimes what we suffer is lack of faith. Unfortunately we tie our mistakes and lack of spiritual understanding around God. God does not fail and can never lie or deny himself, all we need to do is to understand how he works and probably seek for counsel and support where necessary, to prevent the devil from taken advantage of our situation thereby planting the seed of bitterness in our heart against God. God doesn't just help those who trust him in time past, he does so even until now. Sometimes the door opens, God answered our prayers but we keep praying waiting for God to answer the same prayer he already answered, that alone can result into frustration, unbelieve and backsliding. This is what Jesus said, and I hope you can take God at face value from today by repenting of your unbelieve, prayers laced with vain repetitions and manifesting pity instead of faith.

Matthew 11:24
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by djon78(m): 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How do you Love God with all of your heart, mind, body and soul? undecided

How do you love your neighbor as you love your own self? undecided

The details of the above are found written of in the other laws. The two greatest laws are just that, the two greatest and not given you even by Jesus Christ as the two ONLY laws. undecided

Jesus Christ warned you against focusing on obeying some of His laws while ignoring the others. The Law is absolute - all or nothing- you break or ignore one, you might as well have broken or ignored them all. undecided

You are the one confusing yourself

Jesus said that the law and the prophets rest on those two cardinal laws of loving God and your neighbor

It you love God you won't worship other gods
You will not swear falsely
You will do what will please him

If you love your neighbor
You won't cover his wife
You won't steal from him
You won't kill him
You won't bear false witness against him
Or do any harm to him

Rather you will do good to him

So loving God and your fellow man
You have fulfilled every law
By that act of love

Love is the greatest

So I believe you are confusing yourself
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by apkgameer: 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
i am looking forward to read more from you . https://apkgameer.com/
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Yankee101: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
Definitely not true
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
As I said you are entitled to your opinion. If your own Christianity promised you suffering and poverty, mine is not.
I hold on to God's promises on the following ;
Deuteronomy 28: 8-14, Jere. 29: 11, Deuteronomy 18: 18; 2Corin 9: 8; 2Corin8:9; Job 22: 23-27.

Good luck to you
1. Did you ever read Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 where it clearly tells you that God intentionally excluded all those of gentile roots from His Old Covenant. The Old Covenant Law(and its blessings) belong only to those who are of the blood of Jacob - and the foreigners who live among them in the land of Canaan. undecided

2. In John 16 vs 33, Jesus Christ declared that You will have suffering in this world but Be courageous! I have conquered the world.” undecided

Is your Christianity different from that prescribed by even Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Martinez39s(m): 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
Bola146:
That is why He is unquestionable God
You are very silly.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Scarfin(m): 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There are numerous smart folks in churches across the world today but how much of that smartness do you see revealed to the outside world? undecided
A lot!
Smartness groomed from the church changes the world.
Everywhere.

Check out the big smart names in most sectors.
Most were groomed from the church.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Karleb(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
One thing I would like to point out is, this statement is not entirely true.

Also, there is difference between book smartness and street smartness.

Most ardent church/mosque goers are not street smart, most non church/mosque goers are street smart. Street smartness trumps book smartness anytime anyday.

As for religious lady not getting a partner on time, that's mostly their faults.

https://www.nairaland.com/6616847/after-introduction-im-seeing-too

Take a look at this thread. This girl is about to lose a good man because he attends catholic and doesn't go to every church program.

That's how foolish and selective many of them are when they are young.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Lovelyperson(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
merryossai:
Forget religion, SUCCESS DOESN'T FAVOUR THE UNDISCIPLINED!

As for the bone of contention, I don't think life is better for people who are undisciplined or wayward fellow, just that the society don't expect such guys to do well in life, hence, when they do well, its overemphasized. Don't allow op dissuade you from living your choiced life! Be reminded that: Good girls marry, religious people give birth to children n twins sometimes, first class graduates get good jobs etc. but above all, time and chance happen to us all, and God is no disciplinarian who is on a lookout for a defaulters to punish; HE MAKETH RAIN TO FALL ON THE JUST AND UNJUST

You have sense.. More wisdom comes your way
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
djon78:

You are the one confusing yourself
Jesus said that the law and the prophets rest on those two cardinal laws of loving God and your neighbor
It you love God you won't worship other gods
You will not swear falsely
You will do what will please him
If you love your neighbor
You won't cover his wife
You won't steal from him
You won't kill him
You won't bear false witness against him
Or do any harm to him

Rather you will do good to him
So loving God and your fellow man
You have fulfilled every law
By that act of love
Love is the greatest
So I believe you are confusing yourself
Those in bold are additional laws....so clearly you don't even believe in only just the two greatest laws you stated. undecided

You have a decision to make.. will you believe the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ or will you continue to invest instead in doctrines and teachings of men which amount to lies where the Truth of God is concerned? That choice is yours to make while you still breath. undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Lawmak: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, there is something that I don't really understand about life or let me say religion. I know some people may see it as luck or destiny. But if we call it destiny, then every Christian or all child of God suspose to be prosper and leave a better life than Dangote.

Because according to Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version that's says For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

But when I check those guys we call pastors and Alfa in School (University) they don't play with Church Fellowship or Mosque prayers, they get the best results, as in when it come to Education, they are very sound but most of this people end up teaching in one local private school or the other. While those Stubborn guys, that go to Club and party every night, many of them manage to get Third class but they end up in better companies, some are abroad while some are in government.

Also, those ladies that doesn't allow man to touch thier hand not to talk of hugs, infact majority of them are still virgin base on thier looks and behavior ( Not all). They always reserve thier body for thier future husband Many of those ladies too are on the street looking for husband up till now and looking old now. Even those that marry among them are still looking for the friut of the womb. But those strippers, Club girls, they hardly attend attend class and many of them even graduated with poor result get the best husband, have beautiful kids and better job.

Now my question is, why those who lived a wayward life in school get better opportunities than Church goer or those Alfa?
Who told you that those who lived wayward life in school gets better opportunities thereafter. I am a living example. Your post is misleading.
In UNN I was then (2007set) a member of NFCS. Nigerian Federation of Catholic Students. At a time I was the Financial Secretary.
Presently, I earn more than a million Maria monthly and I have prospects. By next year, I would be earning around 5million monthly. I work in the brewery as a contractor.

Please don't be decieved. Pray as if everything depends on God and work as if everything depends on you.
Stop discouraging people who have decided to do good and live a decent life.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
Scarfin:

A lot!
Smartness groomed from the church changes the world.
Everywhere.

Check out the big smart names in most sectors.
Most were groomed from the church.
You are taking of smartness groomed in the church to change the world by world standards or by God's standards? This is confusing....undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Martinez39s(m): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
CharisEleos:
Better opportunities they used their bodies to get as that has always been their ways of making it and getting whatever they want. So, it has become a normal lifestyle for them and continues even up to getting the best jobs while you sit there thinking they get it on a platter of gold.

If I gave in to a the so many rich men that came my way since 2001 ( to sleep with me) I started working, by now I'll prolly own Mansions and fleet of cars because these were super rich men and CEOs of companies, even chairmen and vice chairmen of Island clubs in Ikoyi those days who wanted to date and enrich me but I held on to my faith and I'm glad I did. No regrets. I know some day, God will reward me in a clean way.

The Bible already says in the world ye shall find tribulations but that we should be of good cheer, for he has overcome the world. Therefore I'll not be moved by how others are using their wayward life to make it big.

Imagine if the girl that killed super tv CEO didn't end up badly, tomorrow you'll come here to celebrate her. Tufia!

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
Volkswagen90:
January 23 1994,

Riiiight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by djon78(m): 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Those in bold are additional laws....so clearly you don't even believe in only just the two greatest laws you stated. undecided

You have a decision to make.. will you believe the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ or will you continue to invest instead in doctrines and teachings of men which amount to lies where the Truth of God is concerned? That choice is yours to make while you still breath. undecided

Like I said
You are totally confusing yourself
I quoted what Jesus said
And we have the laws 10 commandments
Which Christ mentioned

That's it's all centred on loving God and your fellow man

But you are outrightly confused

Go and study and get enlightened of God's word

Seems you are using human reasoning to interpret the scriptures

I can't offer any help to you
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by geotosin: 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
Interesting post!

Christianity is a very dangerous religion for those who do not understand the Bible. I mean those who only follows what their pastors taught them alone.

The bible says: you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Truth here means original information. Information can be dangerous when it is not the truth. So many Christians have been fed with wrong information, most especially on socialism.

When it comes to the use of possessions and possibilities, Jesus Christ taught that a person of Christian faith can learn from those who do not profess Christian theism. This is because the Children of the world understands how the social terrain works, and uses it to their advantage.

Most of the people you see as being wayward are often times not the case, some only socialize for the gains it brings. This, Jesus taught very well. However, your pastors will never teach you, so as to keep controlling you.

“[T]he sons of the world are for their own generation wiser than the children of light” (Luke 16:cool.

They often invest more money and market their products, publications, and programs with more shrewdness, while holding themselves to a higher standard of aggressiveness and aesthetics, than many believers in Christ often do.

Remember the command in Genesis, it says "take dominion of the earth" i.e make of the earth whatever you wish. Jesus himself says "occupy till I come".

How can one fulfill this command?

You need to socialize, develop your gift or a product, then use it to your advantage. Unfortunately, Christianity as a religion will only teach you to keep praying for jobs that doesn't exist anymore.

I wish I could tell you more........may the holy spirit help you to understand this.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Did you ever read Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 where it clearly tells you that God intentionally excluded all those of gentile roots from His Old Covenant. The Old Covenant Law(and its blessings) belong only to those who are of the blood of Jacob - and the foreigners who live among them in the land of Canaan. undecided

2. In John 16 vs 33, Jesus Christ declared that You will have suffering in this world but Be courageous! I have conquered the world.” undecided

Is your Christianity different from that prescribed by even Jesus Christ? undecided
Which Deuteronomy 30 are you quoting? Please read your Bible if you're far from Bible, is the Book you just quoted.
"Deuteronomy30:15-20
New International Version
15 See, I set before you today life(A) and prosperity,(B) death(C) and destruction.(D) 16 For I command you today to love(E) the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live(F) and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

17 But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, 18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed.(G) You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.

19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you(H) that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.(I) Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love(J) the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life,(K) and he will give(L) you many years in the land(M) he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob"
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2021
CharisEleos:

You know you are always viewing your own things from a another angle. Lemme jor undecided
If What even Jesus Christ declared is another angle, don't you think the problem is instead with the way you still see things? undecided

Those who are unbelievers are not under Law - their judgement was sets since Adam and Jesus Christ did not condemn them to anymore judgement than that- John 3 vs 16 - 21 undecided

Those of us, however, who believe are under Law and a new yoke that we are to live by. We are even promise suffering and tribulations and the only way to win, this not according to world standards but standards that apply to the Kingdom of God is to continually submit and obey the teachings and commandments of the Law to which we are slaves to. undecided

Those unbelievers do not have the same restrictions on their existence so they live as they like until they die and the end for them - all by world measures. undecided
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Elvis778(m): 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
HeadNigga:
Most of them were not wayward...they were only networking while the over religious ones were too judgemental to build bridges.

Religion should not stop you from networking. Don't be a bigot
Exactly, it's not about waywardness, most of them are not wayward, they are just very social and have the opportunity to grab ideas from all angle, and are even motivated to harness opportunities even while in school.....but the overtly religious ones are mainly focused in school and religion, everything about them is dedicated to school, most of them don't have a plan B cuz they don't even socialize with every other person(fear of turning wayward I guess) talk more of gaining new ideas, they tend to look down on opportunities due to their belief, someone in my department once said crypto and Forex trading is a sin and all sinners shall go to hell.....well, just like that he overlooked the opportunity.....even if tomorrow, u are the head of a company and need someone with sound business mind to handle a position, or u are asked to recommend someone for such position, will u recommend such a person?....being religious is ok, focusing on school is cool too, but to succeed in life, u have to balance the equation.... College degree is something but not everything, atmost it would make you an employee, but if u don't push more in life, u can never be an employer.
Re: Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Which Deuteronomy 30 are you quoting? Please read your Bible if you're far from Bible, is the Book you just quoted.
"Deuteronomy30:15-20
New International Version
19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you(H) that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.(I) Now choose life, so that you and your children may live
20 and that you may love(J) the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life,(K) and he will give(L) you many years in the land(M) he swore to give to
your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob"
Are you descended from all 3 men listed above? Are you of that bloodline? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Supreme Court Upholds Rev King's Death Sentence / Prophet Cosmos Walker Predicted The Ethiopian Airline Crash On Facebook / Pastor Apologizes For Condemning Obi Cubana's Money Spraying At His Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.