Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,708 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? (2500 Views)

Zainab Abidoye & Mother Lived Off Man's Wealth But Refused To Marry Him (Photos) / Man Gives Lady N2k To Help Him Prepare Egusi Soup, She Did This / What Lady Did After Nigerian Man Begged Her To Marry Him To Go To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by kinglaxon: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
A friend of a friend is asking me to marry him so he can get his american papers (as I am a Us citizen), he is offering me 10k usd, I have been asked this many times by other people and have always declined, however i am wondering if i decide to do this. (since being in canada and now going through canadian immigration i now understand and feel sorry for people who have a hard time getting their status). what are the risk and what are the steps , i am not wanting to be inconvenienced and of course would be scared of doing fraud, a friend of mines who is a nigerian guy just married a white lady for his papers and he says that it is not a big process, well any information, or thoughts is welcomed,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by TheUndercover: 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
The money is so enticing to you, I'm sure you've accepted already, you just need the decision you made validated.

You said you've already been asked something like this by other people but declined their request, maybe they didn't offer much.

Well, if you're not married yet, why not? But if you are, then you know the answer, just try to find out the pros and cons of the decision and his motive. Pick your poison carefully.

This post just made me remember a quote by IM which says, "Absolute dignity is rare, most pride is no more than resistance that can be removed for a price. The weaker the ego, the lower the price. For the right price, fantasies of all persuasions find manifestation."

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by Vyiecyie: 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
kinglaxon:
A friend of a friend is asking me to marry him so he can get his american papers (as I am a Us citizen), he is offering me 10k usd, I have been asked this many times by other people and have always declined, however i am wondering if i decide to do this. (since being in canada and now going through canadian immigration i now understand and feel sorry for people who have a hard time getting their status). what are the risk and what are the steps , i am not wanting to be inconvenienced and of course would be scared of doing fraud, a friend of mines who is a nigerian guy just married a white lady for his papers and he says that it is not a big process, well any information, or thoughts is welcomed,
your choice

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by kinglaxon: 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheUndercover:
The money is so enticing to you

No doubt it is.
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by Freestainworld(m): 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2021
Since it's pure business, you can go ahead without no strings attached, but make sure he is legit in other not to spoil your good record or name.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by SportsHD: 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2021
People marry for residence. it's not a new thing. Collect your cash, play your part and move on. Follow your guts though.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by kinglaxon: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheUndercover:
The money is so enticing to you, I'm sure you've accepted already, you just need the decision you made validated.

You said you've already been asked something like this by other people but declined their request, maybe they didn't offer much.

Well, if you're not married yet, why not. But if you are, then you know the answer, just try to find out the pros and cons of the decision and his motive. Pick your poison carefully.

This post just made me remember a quote by IM which says, "Absolute dignity is rare, most pride is no more than resistance that can be removed for a price. The weaker the ego, the lower the price. For the right price, fantasies of all persuasions find manifestation."

I haven't decided yet. Good write
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by jjcena(m): 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2021
$10k dollars is all you see. People worship money but we pray to God while hustling legit.
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by anselm791(m): 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
Is this what you people have reduced the sacred sacrament of marriage to?
Lord have mercy!

6 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by TheUndercover: 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
kinglaxon:

I haven't decided yet. Good write
I wish you luck then.
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by doggedfighter(f): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
They will judge you so much here.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by MITCHELL96: 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Well, I don't really know what to say about this, but will he get you pregnant as part of the deal? if NO, help the young nigga get his papers if giving birth isn't included, but if it is, Japa oooo

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by ediyeJuice(m): 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
If you ain't ready for marriage then don't tow that direction. Also, if you please the fellow and you're cool with it,fine. Else dey your lane, he'll survive!
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by GeneralPula: 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2021
Don’t know why I’m smelling some sort of scam here..
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by 1Sharon(f): 8:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
I feel you OP.

Is marriage of convenience your thing?

Are you OKAY being attached to this person and not having the opportunity to later marry someone who you may like later on?

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by 1Sharon(f): 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
MITCHELL96:
Well, I don't really know what to say about this, but will he get you pregnant as part of the deal? if NO, help the young nigga get his papers if giving birth isn't included, but if it is, Japa oooo

It's just a business marriage, they don't need to consummate.
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by kinglaxon: 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2021
I'm waiting for that
doggedfighter:
They will judge you so much here.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2021
kinglaxon:
10k is cheap except you guys reside in a state with lower minimum wage.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
This story must be fake. No one in their right mind will pay a friend $10,000 for papers when he can easily find a woman to marry him for free

6 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by kinglaxon: 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheButterflies:
This story must be fake. No one in their right mind will pay a friend $10,000 for papers when he can easily find a woman to marry him for free
Lol. Okay

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by boolet: 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheButterflies:
cheesy cheesy You just dey assume, lol. Where do you live? People pay more dear. There is materialism all over the world, love is not everywhere to find.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
boolet:
cheesy cheesy You just dey assume, lol. Where do you live? People pay more dear.
North America wink
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by boolet: 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheButterflies:
North America wink

Then you should know better except you're hermitic. Not everyone came here with an immigrant visa wink

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by 1Sharon(f): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheButterflies:

You don't get it do you? He's honest his intentions with her, he wants a business marraige.
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
boolet:

Then you should know better except you're hermitic. Not everyone came here with an immigrant visa wink
I'm a citizen and yes, I know better, which is why it makes no sense. I know people who have gotten married and are still married to Nigerians who were non-citizens. I know a guy who specifically married a white girl, it wasn't difficult getting her to date him, no money was involved. Till now they're still happily married and with a kid. So OP's story doesn't add up but whatever

5 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2021

5 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by boolet: 10:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheButterflies:
I'm a citizen and yes, I know better, which is why it makes no sense.. I know people who have gotten married and are still married to Nigerians who were non-citizens or needed papers. I know a guy who specifically married a white girl, it wasn't difficult getting her to date him, no money was involved. Till now they're still happily married and with a kid. So OP's story doesn't add up but whatever
Her story adds up very very well, it may not be a true experience, but it is a possibility. Having no papers is a big red flag for many people, because of bad experiences of others. There are instances of people who have used others, whereas the love wasn't real; they get their papers and the relationship hits the rocks. To avoid stories that touch, more people undergo 'contracts' such as this.

And yes I am a citizen too, came here as a non-immigrant and found true love, married over five years. However, my story and that of the guy you mentioned are two in a hundred, especially in the 'big' cities.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
boolet:

Her story adds up very very well, it may not be a true experience, but it is a possibility. Having no papers is a big red flag for many people, because of bad experiences of others. There are instances of people who have used others, whereas the love wasn't real; they get their papers and the relationship hits the rocks. To avoid stories that touch, more people undergo 'contracts' such as this.

And yes I am a citizen too, came here as a non-immigrant and found true love, married over five years. However, my story and that of the guy you mentioned are two in a hundred, especially in the 'big' cities.
K
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by boolet: 10:51pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheButterflies:
It's not called a business marriage. It's called marriage fraud.

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/marriage-green-card-legal-process-problems.html
No doubt it is fraud and it is a big crime, but it happens. It is very very common.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by Lamanii22(f): 12:34am On Jun 27, 2021
I just hope he is a good person so you won't regret helping him

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by LadyRosa(f): 2:03am On Jun 27, 2021
Please don't do this. Decline with all your strengths. Marry a man ONLY when the reasons are for real.Not all business are worth venturing into. Be careful.
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by HeavenlyCherub(f): 4:33am On Jun 27, 2021
kinglaxon:

You will be in it for a very long time.. I’m based in the US we can chat if you like. Its easier said than done.. good luck. 10k is very small for the stress

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I Don't Feel Safe Anymore" - Lady Who Received Love Messages From Gateman / Does Your Girlfriend's Past Life Really Matters? / Would You Date A Celebrity Even If:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.