Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,640 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? (2518 Views)

Zainab Abidoye & Mother Lived Off Man's Wealth But Refused To Marry Him (Photos) / Man Gives Lady N2k To Help Him Prepare Egusi Soup, She Did This / What Lady Did After Nigerian Man Begged Her To Marry Him To Go To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by kenodrill: 5:02am On Jun 27, 2021
TheButterflies:
This story must be fake. No one in their right mind will pay a friend $10,000 for papers when he can easily find a woman to marry him for free

How can one get a woman to marry for free?
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by kunle75(m): 5:22am On Jun 27, 2021
kinglaxon:
A friend of a friend is asking me to marry him so he can get his american papers (as I am a Us citizen), he is offering me 10k usd, I have been asked this many times by other people and have always declined, however i am wondering if i decide to do this. (since being in canada and now going through canadian immigration i now understand and feel sorry for people who have a hard time getting their status). what are the risk and what are the steps , i am not wanting to be inconvenienced and of course would be scared of doing fraud, a friend of mines who is a nigerian guy just married a white lady for his papers and he says that it is not a big process, well any information, or thoughts is welcomed,

That is pure immigration fraud and been a citizen you should know better. Federal felony plus plenty of your youthful year's behind bars if you're caught,however,DON'T DO IT PLEASE.
I cant tell you categorically it will end in premium tears for sure
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by kunle75(m): 5:24am On Jun 27, 2021
HeavenlyCherub:

You will be in it for a very long time.. I’m based in the US we can chat if you like. Its easier said than done.. good luck. 10k is very small for the stress

Please tell her now before she get caught up in everlasting mess
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by Nobody: 5:56am On Jun 27, 2021
kenodrill:

How can one get a woman to marry for free?
Who pays thousands of dollars to get married for papers when there are plenty of single women in the U.S he can date and marry for free? By "for free", I mean they won't say "you gotta pay me before you marry me or 'cos you're not a citizen?". By "for free", he won't have to pay bride price either, unlike in Nigeria. Unless he has skeletons in his closet, he can find a single woman and marry within less than a year. What he's about to do is known as marriage fraud in Canada, the same way it is in the US.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by BigDawsNet: 6:59am On Jun 27, 2021
kinglaxon:
A friend of a friend is asking me to marry him so he can get his american papers (as I am a Us citizen), he is offering me 10k usd, I have been asked this many times by other people and have always declined, however i am wondering if i decide to do this. (since being in canada and now going through canadian immigration i now understand and feel sorry for people who have a hard time getting their status). what are the risk and what are the steps , i am not wanting to be inconvenienced and of course would be scared of doing fraud, a friend of mines who is a nigerian guy just married a white lady for his papers and he says that it is not a big process, well any information, or thoughts is welcomed,

Just $10 grand?

Do you have college degree?
Because I believe you can make more than that in six months

if you okay with the money... marry him and get him his papers...

Expect him to divorce you anytime tho

Goodluck
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by BigDawsNet: 7:06am On Jun 27, 2021
TheButterflies:
Who pays thousands of dollars to get married for papers when there are plenty of single women in the U.S he can date and marry for free? By "for free", I mean they won't say "you gotta pay me before you marry me or 'cos you're not a citizen?". By "for free", he won't have to pay bride price either, unlike in Nigeria. Unless he has skeletons in his closet, he can find a single woman and marry within less than a year. What he's about to do is known as marriage fraud in Canada, the same way it is in the US. I'm a Canadian citizen but I'm familiar with U.S immigration laws 'cos of my brother who is both American (he was born in Texas) and Canadian, and is an immigration lawyer.

People pay to marry when they are not actually single....

The only reason people pay for papers is because there is going to be an agreement to divorce after some few years....

Not matter how they appear single
If you pay to get papers in the states
You have a family back home...

The pay is actually an agreement to get them a freedom when the time comes

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by kenodrill: 7:07am On Jun 27, 2021
TheButterflies:
Who pays thousands of dollars to get married for papers when there are plenty of single women in the U.S he can date and marry for free? By "for free", I mean they won't say "you gotta pay me before you marry me or 'cos you're not a citizen?". By "for free", he won't have to pay bride price either, unlike in Nigeria. Unless he has skeletons in his closet, he can find a single woman and marry within less than a year. What he's about to do is known as marriage fraud in Canada, the same way it is in the US. I'm a Canadian citizen but I'm familiar with U.S immigration laws 'cos of my brother who is both American (he was born in Texas) and Canadian, and is an immigration lawyer.

You Made some vital and valid points.please can I get to know you?

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by 1Sharon(f): 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
Lamanii22:
I just hope he is a good person so you won't regret helping him

It doesn't matter. She receives the money, he receives his citizenship.

They don't even need to live together. It's a business marriage
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by 1Sharon(f): 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
HeavenlyCherub:

You will be in it for a very long time.. I’m based in the US we can chat if you like. Its easier said than done.. good luck. 10k is very small for the stress

If you have any experience of this, please say.
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by 1Sharon(f): 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
TheButterflies:
It's not called a business marriage. It's called marriage fraud.

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/marriage-green-card-legal-process-problems.html

Yes and it still falls under 'marriage of convenience'. Ever heard of that?

If OPs friend has been in the US for a while, he can fool the government and that their intentions are genuine.

If the friend is a recent immigrant that has already hooked a citizen to marry.

The government will bust that wedding and know their intentions are genuine.

I don't see an issue. Both parties are helping each other.
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by Levels2(f): 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
TheButterflies:
This story must be fake. No one in their right mind will pay a friend $10,000 for papers when he can easily find a woman to marry him for free

Please can you send me a mail via chieflevelss@gmail.com. I have something to discuss with you, thanks.
Re: Should I Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? by kinglaxon: 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
Been reading comments and so far i want to say thank you. I won't accept as it is seen as FRAUD over here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Righteousness89 Was Electrocuted While Saving A Bird, Like A Saviour / Best Way To Escalate Your Vibes With Women To Fvck!! / Is She Inviting Me Indirectly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.