Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? (2859 Views)

Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? / Why Can't God Kill Satan Once And For All / Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
Way too many folks have indeed gorged on the doctrines and traditions of men, lies, for so long, they cannot seem the Truth sitting right in front of them even if they tried hard to. undecided

For those who are not yet in the know, the entire context of Isaiah 14 vs 4 -27 contains nstead a song/ dirge sung by God Almighty about the King of Babylon, mentioned in Isaiah 14 vs 4. undecided

Ezekiel 28 vs 1 - 19 contains a similar sounding message to the King of Tyre - Ezekiel 28 vs 2 - from God Almighty. undecided

The inclusion of the word "Lucifer", still found in some older translations where a result of as errors in translation. undecided

Then on to the ridiculous assertion that morning star(Lucifer) is a reference to Satan, an idea that stands contrary to that recorded in John's book of dream/visions, Revelations 22 vs 16 where Jesus Christ is said claim that He is the bright morning star(Lucifer). undecided

Are we to believe then that Jesus Christ is the same character as Satan? undecided

Now, as to how why many out there equate the Serpent in the garden of Eden with Satan, please see link below for education on where that Unscriptural link came about
How the Serpent in the Garden of Eden came to be known as Satan
But curiously, although the author of Revelation describes Satan as “the ancient serpent” (Revelation 12:9; 20:2), there is no clear link anywhere in the Bible between Satan and Eden’s talking snake. . The ancient Near Eastern combat myth motif, exemplified in the battle between Marduk and Tiamat in Enuma Elish and Baal and Yam/Mot in ancient Canaan, typically depicted the bad guy as a serpent. The characterization of Leviathan in Isaiah 27 reflects such myths nicely:

On that day YHWH will punish
With his hard and big and strong sword
Leviathan the fleeing serpent,
Leviathan the twisted serpent,
And he will kill the dragon that is in the sea.

So the reference in Revelation 12:9 to Satan as “the ancient serpent” probably reflects mythical monsters like Leviathan rather than the clever, legged, talking creature in Eden.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Way too many folks have indeed gorged on the doctrines and traditions of men, lies, for so long, they cannot seem the Truth sitting right in front of them even if they tried hard to. undecided

For those who are not yet in the know, the entire context of Isaiah 14 vs 4 -27 contains nstead a song/ dirge sung by God Almighty about the King of Babylon, mentioned in Isaiah 14 vs 4. undecided

Ezekiel 28 vs 1 - 19 contains a similar sounding message to the King of Tyre - Ezekiel 28 vs 2 - from God Almighty. undecided

The inclusion of the word "Lucifer", still found in some older translations where a result of as errors in translation. undecided

Now, as to how why many out there equate the Serpent in the garden of Eden with Satan, please see link below for education on where that Unscriptural link came about
How the Serpent in the Garden of Eden came to be known as Satan

***(1)***
You see, KJ, one must actually use discernment to read the Bible.
You wish people wouldn't, so you could continue to deceive them.
But some seeking Christians do actually learn things as they go along.
And one of those things they learn is that "princes" and "kings" in prophecy can sometimes relate to spiritual princes and kings, not just literally-human princes and kings. Or sometimes it can even apply to both.
But you, being the son of the devil, know this, and yet are still trying to mislead others (again).

***(2)***
"Lucifer" translated by the KJV and NKJV is literally "day star", meaning "star of the morning" and refers to Satan's original pre-sin behavior in Heaven, which matches up perfectly with what Ezekiel says in Ezekiel 28:12-16:

You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:

The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.

“You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.

You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.

The KJV and NKJV Bibles do not translate deceptively; the NKJV even has the footnote regarding the translation of "Lucifer".
If one searches further, they will find it was translated from the Hebrew this way with proper meaning, again because of Satan's original pre-sin behavior in Heaven.
And Satan literally means "the Adversary".
But he is still called by the name Satan.

***(3)***
If you wish to use your ERV, you can.
But know that there are differences:
Isaiah 14:4
(NKJV): 4 that you will take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say:
(ERV): 4 At that time you will begin to sing this song about the king of Babylon:
It is a proverb, not a song.
And also, if want to think it was God that was singing that song (as you said), you would be wrong.
Anyone who is willing to read can see what God told the prophet.
Does it matter in this case ? Not really.
If someone thinks "taking up a proverb" is the same as "singing a song", they can.
But in other cases the differences surely do matter.

***(4)***
Revelation 12:7-9

(NKJV): 7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

(ERV): 7 Then there was a war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon. The dragon and its angels fought back, 8 but they were not strong enough. The dragon and its angels lost their place in heaven. 9 It was thrown down out of heaven. (This giant dragon is that old snake, the one called the devil or Satan, who leads the whole world into the wrong way.) The dragon and its angels were thrown to the earth.

Guess what, on those two, your ERV essentially matches the NKJV.
Good.
So you can see, even using your ERV that: dragon = serpent (old snake) = devil = Satan.
Now, for why you don't want to use your Bible on that, you don't have to.
But why should anyone then believe your attempted deceptions from a link you provide ?

The serpent in the Garden of Eden was in fact, Satan.

Even your own ERV Scripture says you lied in a previous post.
Of course you only did that in order to deflect the truth away from your father the devil.

***(5)***
One last thing.
Only an evil person would try to suggest associating Jesus to the devil.

(Yes, your "questions" are also "suggestions", as you well know.
Just like the devil asking Eve, "Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?"
Satan lies, and those like him do also.
Like you did here, pretending to be all about Jesus while actually suggesting pills to an unsuspecting female regarding controlling sexual urges:
https://www.nairaland.com/6611025/what-it-10-commandments-infuriates#103124098
That "pill" part caught her eye and almost trapped her, but her consience caught up with her, and she ran away from your trap.)

Regarding Revelation 22:16 (NKJV):
“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches.
I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

Obvously a morning star is a good thing.
And Lucifer was a good thing in Heaven.
He was not Jesus, but still, Lucifer was a good thing in Heaven.
Then he chose to sin and became an adversary, now called Satan.
Jesus is THE Bright and Morning Star, the very Son of God.

It isn't hard.
It's only made hard by those trying to slyly suggest other things.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:

But curiously, although the author of Revelation describes Satan as “the ancient serpent” (Revelation 12:9; 20:2), there is no clear link anywhere in the Bible between Satan and Eden’s talking snake. . The ancient Near Eastern combat myth motif, exemplified in the battle between Marduk and Tiamat in Enuma Elish and Baal and Yam/Mot in ancient Canaan, typically depicted the bad guy as a serpent. The characterization of Leviathan in Isaiah 27 reflects such myths nicely:

On that day YHWH will punish
With his hard and big and strong sword
Leviathan the fleeing serpent,
Leviathan the twisted serpent,
And he will kill the dragon that is in the sea.

So the reference in Revelation 12:9 to Satan as “the ancient serpent” probably reflects mythical monsters like Leviathan rather than the clever, legged, talking creature in Eden.
You added this part to your post above (the stuff after your link) AFTER I posted my post below it, because you knew you had lied.
You can keep all your "probably"s", because what you said has no bearing on anything.
You obviously don't believe the Apostle John when he wrote down the Book of Revelation.
But anyone can read the Bible and see that the dragon still = the devil and still = Satan and still = the snake in the Garden of Eden, no matter how much fluff and flak and diversion you try to dissuade them with.

You're still a devil, Kobojunkie.
Know I still Love you, though, even though I hate what you do.
I don't Love Satan, because he is unredeemable.
But you are a human, and may one day be redeemable.
But you have repent, instead of still trying to do the work of your father the devil.
Until you do... as always, Kobojunkie, the Lord rebuke you.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by MightySparrow: 5:12am On Jul 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
In both cases Michael acted the same way!

During Moses's burial he left matters in the hands of JEHOVAH, and when he (Michael) is human Jesus he also handed the matter to his father.
Note that after Michael (Jesus) returned to heaven he had to wait for orders from their father before he could send Satan away permanently from heaven! Psalms 110:1

There was no time Michael (Jesus) had any authority over Satan until his earthly assignment when he was given the authority over all creatures both in heaven and on earth! Matthew 28:18

So it was after Michael (Jesus) has successfully completed his earthly assignment that he was GIVEN authority over his other spirit brothers to judge them and even at that he must wait until the order comes from their father JEHOVAH! Hebrews 10:12-13 smiley

That means, by your explanation, Jesus completed His assignment during His temptation?. He only rebuked Him before His death.

I Peter 1: 12 tells us that angels, whichever, desired to look into the agenda of salvation, but not so given.
II don't agree with your GB position on the. As you claim the word trinity doesn't appear in the Bible so is this isn't clearly mentioned in the Bible. It is a bad extrapolation. You can believe what you want. Ok.
The same about 11914, it doesn't have any historical or scriptural support. Ithey are met conjectures. Deuteronomy 29: 29.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49am On Jul 01, 2021
You've got no problem Sir! cheesy

MightySparrow:

That means, by your explanation, Jesus completed His assignment during His temptation?. He only rebuked Him before His death.
I Peter 1: 12 tells us that angels, whichever, desired to look into the agenda of salvation, but not so given.
II don't agree with your GB position on the. As you claim the word trinity doesn't appear in the Bible so is this isn't clearly mentioned in the Bible. It is a bad extrapolation. You can believe what you want. Ok.
The same about 11914, it doesn't have any historical or scriptural support. Ithey are met conjectures. Deuteronomy 29: 29.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by hupernikao: 10:02am On Jul 01, 2021
tamonokare:

Read Numbers 31 to know if the bible God is a killer or not.

I have read it and i wondered how this relate to my post or the question at hand. You likely want to respond to another post i guess.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 01, 2021
awitness41:

HW, the short story is this:
God eventually wants to re-populate Heaven with human beings who Love Him, and each other.
Why ?
Because when Satan, who was called Lucifer in Heaven (Isaiah 14:12), sinned and convinced one-third of the Angels in Heaven to rebel against God, they were kicked out, and down to the Earth. (Revelation 12:1-12) (See also Ezekiel 28:11-16, the "King of Tyre" is the devil.)
So consider: Who is going to replace all the evil angels who were kicked out of Heaven ?
Even though man was made a "little lower than the Angels" (Psalm 8:5), God will prove to the entire universe, earth, and Heaven, and all beings in it, that even evil angels like Satan cannnot defeat any "lower" human beings who Love God.
Thus God wants to prove to all beings throughout the universe that Love triumphs over evil.
And so Heaven will be restored, the evil angels and all the sinners who chose on the side of the devil destroyed in Hell Fire, and the lower human beings who Love God becoming equal to Angels in Heaven.
Amen.

Any questions, just start reading your Bible.
Do NOT ask Kobojunkie, who is currently a son of the devil.
Prove to yourself - by reading your Bible - that what I told you above is true.

So yes, this life is essentially a Test.
But God did not make Satan... He made a "perfect" Angel named Lucifer.
But as with all His beings, God gave Lucifer free will.
And yes, Angels can sin (Job 4:18, Ezekiel 28:15-16).
Lucifer, previously perfect, did sin, and was then called Satan ("adversary" ) after he was cast down to the Earth.
He was the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

Don't be deceived by Kobojunkie, who, like the devil, tries to pretend he loves God and Jesus and the BIble... but only so he can push many more lies into the stew he tries to feed people.

You're responding to a wrong poster, or you're clueless on what brought about my post. Someone said Satan did what God created him to do when he tempted Eve. I was trying to point out to him how that postulation made no sense as far as the Bible is concerned. And. You. Went. On. A. Meaningless. Monologue. Ask questions properly next time before you dive headlong into a discussion.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by MightySparrow: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You've got no problem Sir! cheesy

I don't Sir.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
That's great! smiley

MightySparrow:

I don't Sir.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2021
MightySparrow:
The whole story of redemption somehow not logical.It generates much questions than answers it intends to proffer.
Why would a third party die for a sin not committed?
Why Jesus? Why didn't God destroy the Devil for once? Theologians in the house over to you.

Please what is the difference between you and the atheist below?
Because you both share the same line of thought! smiley

iramure:
I came across two ladies who identified themselves with a popular penticoastal church in Nigeria. After series of preaching urging me to accept the white jesus who died for my sake and reject the devil who is responsible for all the evil in this world. I then asked them that why is it hard for the Almighty God to eliminate the devil so that the world can be at peace?. None could provide any convincing answer.
Now why would Alimghty and caring God choose to kill his only begotten son to die for my sake while still allowing the main culprit to roam about killing and causing more pains to humanity. Can someone help me out?
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by iramure(m): 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Please what is the difference between you and the atheist below?
Because you both share the same line of thought! smiley

activate your sound mind code please.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2021
I can only sense that you both share the same line of thought, but you can enlighten me on what you meant by SOUND MIND! cheesy

iramure:

activate your sound mind code please.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:12am On Jul 10, 2021
MightySparrow:

This makes some sense. The earlier responses didn't. There are still some extrapolations though.

Obviously you are shopping for an answer you would accept and you are not after The Truth!

For if Truly did not make sense, you would have called on them to re-explain themselves. That's what reasonable and Truthseeking souls do.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by bankjobsz: 8:10am On Jun 03, 2022
Bank representatives are regularly seen as the pith of a bank by generally ordinary clients. They are the first and most ordinary asset for clients driving major checking and save finances trades. Working as a teller sets out open entryways, Bank Jobs yet it similarly presents a couple of damages.

A bank worker, assists clients with their monetary necessities, which integrate setting to the side withdrawals and portions, enduring portions for financial trades, exchanging cash for various money related frames and mentioning checks and bank cards.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by itijobsbharti: 5:21am On Jun 22, 2022
ITIs were laid out to extend to professional tutoring to ITI Employment opportunities understudies. Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGET) - Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is liable for setting down clues, arrangements and rules and figuring out strategies for ITIs in India. jobbharti com Give specialized tutoring to understudies, and the main accentuation is on developing venture remarkable capacities in understudies. Work to build an expert staff in India. ITI Admission Process isn't generally similar across each of the states in India, and it can go from state to realm. ITI affirmation online enrollment might be made at the valid site of the elaborate power. ITI admission to the various change is accomplished every year in August, and the effective competitors gain the National Trade Certificate (NTC)
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by Kobojunkie: 8:43am On Jun 22, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

You're responding to a wrong poster, or you're clueless on what brought about my post. Someone said Satan did what God created him to do when he tempted Eve. I was trying to point out to him how that postulation made no sense as far as the Bible is concerned. And. You. Went. On. A. Meaningless. Monologue. Ask questions properly next time before you dive headlong into a discussion.
Satan is God's Quality assurance administrator who tests the resolves of men on God's say so. Satan cannot do anything without God's permission and that which Satan does is as indicated by God. God created good and evil and I believe He installed Satan to handle or administer evil for Him. This is reason why Job,when tormented by Satan, said in Job 12, that it was God who did it to Him. And Jesus Christ handed Peter over to Satan to be tested, instructing him, Peter, to teach the others what he learns from his ordeal. undecided

Basically, God is sovereign over good and evil as it is all under Him. Even the so called Kingdom ruled over by Satan in fact belongs to God. Same as Hell - Jesus Christ is the King over Hell - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by compton11(m): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2022
DDfruitful:
The ways of God are not the ways of man. His foolishness is wiser than the wisest man ever. Period

Nigga!

Foolishness of God?

Is u playing?
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Satan is God's Quality assurance administrator who tests the resolves of men on God's say so. Satan cannot do anything without God's permission and that which Satan does is as indicated by God. God created good and evil and I believe He installed Satan to handle or administer evil for Him. This is reason why Job,when tormented by Satan, said in Job 12, that it was God who did it to Him. And Jesus Christ handed Peter over to Satan to be tested, instructing him, Peter, to teach the others what he learns from his ordeal. undecided

Basically, God is sovereign over good and evil as it is all under Him. Even the so called Kingdom ruled over by Satan in fact belongs to God. Same as Hell - Jesus Christ is the King over Hell - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46. undecided

Jesus didnt hand Peter over to Satan. Satan wanted to deal with Peter, but Jesus rescued him.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:
Jesus didnt hand Peter over to Satan. Satan wanted to deal with Peter, but Jesus rescued him.
Jesus Christ didn't hand him over but rescued Him? undecided
31 “Satan has asked to test you men like a farmer tests his wheat. O Simon, Simon,
32 I have prayed that you will not lose your faith! Help your brothers be stronger when you come back to me.”
33 But Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, I am ready to go to jail with you. I will even die with you!”

34 But Jesus said, “Peter, before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will say you don’t know me. You will say this three times.” - Luke 22 vs 31 - 34
How could it be construed a rescue mission when Jesus Christ told Peter to help the others when he returned from being tested? undecided
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2023
They said your Papa is a cultist and his church is built for his cult.

Emperor4God:

Many people do not know that Winners Chapel aka Living Faith have buildings designed to glorify Satan and promote the Illuminati

Many know that Convenant University is full of Occult symbols, but most ignore the fact that ever proposed built Winners Chapel aka Living Faith is a celebration of the occult.

FOR EXAMPLE WINNERS CHAPEL OTA IS CALLED CANAANLAND AND THE BIBLE SAY'S CURSED IS CANAAN.

Genesis 9:25
And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

Now think about it why call your church Canaanland unless you have satanic ideas.

Even a Freemason temple is called Canaan.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Ce73GxpifQA/VMWl3yLzKmI/AAAAAAAAAyw/wvzZnqgj1og/s1600/canaan%2Blodge2.jp[/img]

THE NAME CANAAN IS SO CURSED THAT A MAN WROTE ABOUT IT.
SO TO CALL YOUR CHURCH CANAAN LAND SHOWS EVIL INTENTIONS

WE WILL SHOW THAT THE FOLLOWING ARE ALL ILLUMINATI & FREEMASON BUILDINGS

1 WINNERS CHAPEL NAIROBI KENYA
2 WINNERS CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL TOGO
3 WINNERS CHAPEL KADUNA
4 WINNERS CHAPEL PORT HARCOURT
5 WINNERS CHAPEL ILORIN
6 WINNERS CHAPEL OWERRI
7 WINNERS CHAPEL IBADAN
8 WINNER CHAPEL BOTSWANA
9 WINNERS CHAPEL GOSHEN CITY, ABUJA
10 WINNERS CHAPEL CANAANLAND OTA

Have you wondered why WINNERS CHAPEL GOSHEN CITY, ABUJA has this funny shaped roof?

WE EVEN GO FUTHER TO SHOW THAT THE PASTORS ARE FREEMASONS & MEMBERS OF THE ILLUMINATI
Notice the Pyramid Oyedepo flashes while preaching

THERE IS SO MUCH WELL DOCUMENTED INFORMATION FOR MORE READING

http://emperorundertheking..co.uk/2015/01/winners-chapel-satan-illuminati-and.html

WINNERS CHAPEL ILLORIN HAS PYRAMID IN FRONT

[img]http://2.bp..com/-FOUBNk6ucuw/VMHOrMOB7WI/AAAAAAAAAqY/Jze-J1oyGqA/s1600/winners%2Bilorin4%2Bupload.jpg[/img]

PLEASE LEAVE WINNERS CHAPEL
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by Ndipe(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2023
Jesus Christ Alone is the perfect Lamb who alone offers salvation.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by Maynman: 10:02am On Nov 13, 2023
Ndipe:
Jesus Christ Alone is the perfect Lamb who alone offers salvation.
Salvation from what?
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by TenQ: 10:32am On Nov 13, 2023
MightySparrow:
The whole story of redemption somehow not logical.It generates much questions than answers it intends to proffer.
Why would a third party die for a sin not committed?
Why Jesus? Why didn't God destroy the Devil for once? Theologians in the house over to you.
Really!?
1. God's law and command is absolute and never violated
2. God created beings with free will with capacity to willfully violate His commands
3. Since violation of God's command is against His Absoluteness: God's Law mandates that he who violates His integrity be eternally cut off from Him. It is an weight of infinite judgment
4. God's Love for humans made Him to save those who will by their volition and freewill choose to love Him and be eternally subject to Him by paying for their sin with an infinite ransom.
5. What can be greater than God Himself receiving the punishment due to the offender by offering Himself as a scapegoat for his sin (violation of God's integrity)
This is the reason why Jesus became the LAMB of God who takes away the sins of the world.

Killing Satan does not deliver you from the Offence of violation of God's integrity.
Jesus became the FINE for our Offence, PAID in full for those who choose to Love and Follow Him.
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Festus keyamo is the most wonderful counselor this world has ever known!

He said:

“Do not give what is holy to labour party nor throw your pearls before PDP, so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open"

You're condemning Tinubu's word so you expect me to start waisting my time, energy and data on you shey?

OK i dodge o! Shetima 11:7-11

all sorted
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
TenQ:

Really!?
1. God's law and command is absolute and never violated
2. God created beings with free will with capacity to willfully violate His commands
3. Since violation of God's command is against His Absoluteness: God's Law mandates that he who violates His integrity be eternally cut off from Him. It is an weight of infinite judgment
where did you get this from?
i want quote from the Tanakh
4. God's Love for humans made Him to save those who will by their volition and freewill choose to love Him and be eternally subject to Him by paying for their sin with an infinite ransom.
No ransom was ever demanded, all he said was confess and forsake , i will forgive 2nd chronicles 7:14 quote where this your infinite ransom is mentioned..
5. What can be greater than God Himself receiving the punishment due to the offender by offering Himself as a scapegoat for his sin (violation of God's integrity)
it still did not work because there is still a condition attached...and there is still the idea of 'hell'
what's your position on hell?
This is the reason why Jesus became the LAMB of God who takes away the sins of the world.

Killing Satan does not deliver you from the Offence of violation of God's integrity.
Jesus became the FINE for our Offence, PAID in full for those who choose to Love and Follow Him.
why the condition?
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by TenQ: 1:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

where did you get this from?
i want quote from the Tanakh
Only if you show me from the Tanakh that God is NOT absolute!
22jumpstreet1:

No ransom was ever demanded, all he said was confess and forsake , i will forgive 2nd chronicles 7:14 quote where this your infinite ransom is mentioned..
Why did God require a scapegoat for the forgiveness of the sins of Israel

22jumpstreet1:

it still did not work because there is still a condition attached...and there is still the idea of 'hell'
what's your position on hell?
Hell is a place where rejected people are quarantined!

22jumpstreet1:

why the condition?
Because If God's command is VIOLATED without any consequence, he stops being Absolute over ALL!
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
TenQ:

Only if you show me from the Tanakh that God is NOT absolute!
absolute in what sense?

Why did God require a scapegoat for the forgiveness of the sins of Israel
HE NEVER...sacrifices where for sins committed in ignorance. And its not in all cases a sacrifice is required some measures of floor is also allowed. in all other cases you must confess and forsake...and there was never a time that human sacrifice was ever approved by the creator..it was a she goat less that a year old and without blemish...go back again and read it..

Hell is a place where rejected people are quarantined!
when was it created? before the first day of creation or after the creation of man.. the old testament idea of death was God taking his spirit and the body buried and returning to dust.....psalm 104:29-31

Because If God's command is VIOLATED without any consequence, he stops being Absolute over ALL!
there are consequences already for violating his laws he already said that in Deuteronomy 28..read it up again
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by TenQ: 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

absolute in what sense?
Is your God not absolute over EVERYTHING!?

22jumpstreet1:

HE NEVER...sacrifices where for sins committed in ignorance. And its not in all cases a sacrifice is required some measures of floor is also allowed. in all other cases you must confess and forsake...and there was never a time that human sacrifice was ever approved by the creator..it was a she goat less that a year old and without blemish...go back again and read it..
This is the sacrifice done collectively for the people of God: is this untrue?
My Question was simple and direct: Why did God require a scapegoat for the forgiveness of the sins of Israel?
Lev 16:21-22
21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a cfit man into the wilderness:
22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

22jumpstreet1:

when was it created? before the first day of creation or after the creation of man.. the old testament idea of death was God taking his spirit and the body buried and returning to dust.....psalm 104:29-31
The details was not recorded.
However, do you think God is Just?
Do you think God will punish Evil done by men to their fellow men eg. Murder, Torture, Rape, Violence etc
Or
God will overlook the misdeeds of evil people?
22jumpstreet1:

there are consequences already for violating his laws he already said that in Deuteronomy 28..read it up again
Are you unaware that this is what follows the Children of Israel on earth!?

Are you saying that All Evil People die Poor and Miserable in their lives?
Are you aware of the kinds of atrocities some kings and powerful people have committed on earth with no seemingly apparent consequences?

I hope that you know that the Old Testament did not discuss Resurrection and Eternity?
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
TenQ:

Is your God not absolute over EVERYTHING!?
i agree with you. what makes you think he cant forgive you if you are truly sorry for your sins and you turn a new leaf. Just like he ordered in Ezekiel 18..

This is the sacrifice done collectively for the people of God: is this untrue?
My Question was simple and direct: Why did God require a scapegoat for the forgiveness of the sins of Israel?
Lev 16:21-22
21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a cfit man into the wilderness:
22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.
it is a practice for Judaism. God did not command them. when they where in Babylon they did not believed that if they humbly confess their sins and forsake their evil ways , God will not forgive them...They knew God would forgive them...God is only interested in a sincere repentance...why would he want you to slaughter a human being for him before he does that? those it even makes any sense to you?

The details was not recorded.
Do you think God will punish Evil done by men to their fellow men eg. Murder, Torture, Rape, Violence etc
Or

hahha. hell fire is just a creation of the catholic church. we are Gods spirit dwelling within a physical body. when man expires, it means God has called his spirit from that body. the body can no longer carry out any function. its consciousness has departed from its body. we just bury it for it to become dust from which it was taken. is it Gods spirit that is going to hell?? does the idea even makes any sense to you?

my own belief is that if that spirit has not concluded its purpose of creation it is sent back again to earth to start all over in another body and get it right. till it is now a pure soul and it can finally become like God Just as John soya in one of his epistle..

Are you unaware that this is what follows the Children of Israel on earth!?

Are you saying that All Evil People die Poor and Miserable in their lives?
Are you aware of the kinds of atrocities some kings and powerful people have committed on earth with no seemingly apparent consequences?

leave that to God. he did not reveal what happens to them. it is really not our business, ours is to follow his divine laws.
if they obey his laws he blesses them
if the disobeys he punishes them...
that's is what he does to every human on earth and every people, he gave us his divine laws to keep.
He is punishing us with leaders who don't care for us as we are too deep on idolatry..

I hope that you know that the Old Testament did not discuss Resurrection and Eternity?
yes, probably because it is not our concern. we should concern our self with keeping the laws of existence...

the romans created those for the purpose of population control, power and money...
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by TenQ: 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2023
22jumpstreet1:
i agree with you. what makes you think he cant forgive you if you are truly sorry for your sins and you turn a new leaf. Just like he ordered in Ezekiel 18..
If God is absolute over ALL, tell me how you can undo your acts of disobedience to Him?

22jumpstreet1:

it is a practice for Judaism. God did not command them. when they where in Babylon they did not believed that if they humbly confess their sins and forsake their evil ways , God will not forgive them...They knew God would forgive them...God is only interested in a sincere repentance...why would he want you to slaughter a human being for him before he does that? those it even makes any sense to you?
So, why did God give them the ordinance of the scapegoat if it is not significant?

22jumpstreet1:

hahha. hell fire is just a creation of the catholic church. we are Gods spirit dwelling within a physical body. when man expires, it means God has called his spirit from that body. the body can no longer carry out any function. its consciousness has departed from its body. we just bury it for it to become dust from which it was taken. is it Gods spirit that is going to hell?? does the idea even makes any sense to you?
Did you hear me mention Hell even just once?
I have mentioned a place of Quarantine (being cut off eternally from God):
Can God's spirit die?

22jumpstreet1:

my own belief is that if that spirit has not concluded its purpose of creation it is sent back again to earth to start all over in another body and get it right. till it is now a pure soul and it can finally become like God Just as John soya in one of his epistle..
You can beleive ANYTHING you want: its your cup to drink. However, one day, the TRUTH will stare you at the face.

22jumpstreet1:

leave that to God. he did not reveal what happens to them. it is really not our business, ours is to follow his divine laws.
if they obey his laws he blesses them
if the disobeys he punishes them...
that's is what he does to every human on earth and every people, he gave us his divine laws to keep.
He is punishing us with leaders who don't care for us as we are too deep on idolatry..
Or

22jumpstreet1:

yes, probably because it is not our concern. we should concern our self with keeping the laws of existence...

the romans created those for the purpose of population control, power and money...
Really?

If God is JUST, it makes sense that He must punish EVIL and REWARD righteousness.
We call the Place of Reward Paradise
We call the place of Judgement Hell

Choose this day where you will spend your eternity for spirits never die!
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2023
TenQ:

If God is absolute over ALL, tell me how you can undo your acts of disobedience to Him?
confess and forsake, that is a sincere repentance that is what he has always said he wanted....there was never a time there was ever a talk of a human sacrifice...'a contrite heart you will not spurn...psalm 50

So, why did God give them the ordinance of the scapegoat if it is not significant?
He never did, it was their own idea....

Did you hear me mention Hell even just once?
I have mentioned a place of Quarantine (being cut off eternally from God):
Can God's spirit die?
why does God need to quarantine his spirit? If it has not accomplish the purpose why it was sent to earth, t will be sent back again. Like I always say. We are all the same ''spirit of God'' experiencing life in multiple ways..

You can believe ANYTHING you want: its your cup to drink. However, one day, the TRUTH will stare you at the face.{/quote] you are not tasty for the truth, you are just blinded by faith....because you have wasted your whole life on a lie. The truth seems like lie to you.

[quote]However, do you think God is Just?
Or
the judgment take place here on earth, they would be sent back to earth if they have not fulfilled the laws. we are spirit having a human experience, not the other way round...

Really?

If God is JUST, it makes sense that He must punish EVIL and REWARD righteousness.
We call the Place of Reward Paradise
We call the place of Judgments Hell
like i said above, the judgment takes place on earth. if they are not pure spirit yet, they would be sent back to earth...the purpose of life is to learn and grow, by making errors and learning from them. That's why we need to arm our selves with the correct knowledge of God.

Choose this day where you will spend your eternity for spirits never die!
we are all spirit, and that's what we all will become at the end. but we must all fulfill the whole point of the laws....and the basic tenant of the law is to abstain from human sacrifice and idolatry...
Re: Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? by TenQ: 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

confess and forsake, that is a sincere repentance that is what he has always said he wanted....there was never a time there was ever a talk of a human sacrifice...'a contrite heart you will not spurn...psalm 50

So, God gave a command which did NOT come to pass because you blocked it by your own will. And you think it can be undone!?

It is on record that God gave a command that FAILED on your account. How do you unwrite that which is already written?

22jumpstreet1:

He never did, it was their own idea....

Of course you don't read the Torah else you would have known

This is the beginning of the instruction

Lev 16:1-2:
"And the LORD spoke to Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they offered before the LORD, and died; And the LORD said to Moses, Speak to Aaron your brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the veil before the mercy seat, which is on the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud on the mercy seat."

22jumpstreet1:

why does God need to quarantine his spirit? If it has not accomplish the purpose why it was sent to earth, t will be sent back again. Like I always say. We are all the same ''spirit of God'' experiencing life in multiple ways..
Can God's spirit given to man die or be annihilated?
If God is a Holy God, how can one join His spirit with that which was polluted with sin and Wickedness!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen An ANGEL Before? / Pay Tithe Or Get Shot- Creflo Dollar, & Other Tithe Scams Of Our Times. / America Now Preparing For Apocalyptic Blast That Could End Human Civilisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.