Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga (78332 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Pictures Of Four Oduduwa Monuments In Different Cities / Some Interesting Nigerian Proverbs With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2021
drinoayo:
A Nigerian student at the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom Gift Odoh has shared photos of his foreign friends online dressed in Nigerian attires, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Odoh’s white friends were in the picture dressed in Idoma attire and Babariga.

The Nigerian graduated with a first class in electrical and electronic engineering from the Modibbo Adama University of Technology in Yola.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/giftodoh_nigeria-activity-6815182511170183169-cQva/

Odoh is currently doing his master’s with focus on artificial intelligence, robotics and control.

He added that his friends have also tasted ogbono, egusi and groundnut soups with semo and eba, beans and garri and “our world best Jollof Rice.”

“They want to see the beautiful country and people that is #Nigeria someday, and I hope it becomes a reality,” he added.

If I ever find myself outside the shores of this country, to Europe or other continents. Ama take with me like 10-15 native attires especially senators and sell to these folks times 3 the actuall price. That would be my line of business.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Calitoscassius(m): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
Coldie:
Alot of people see taking pictures with oyibo as lifetime achievement
inferiority that is, whities that smells bad.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Bahamas95(m): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
What kinda shoe is the guy on blue putting on na?......See how e long like limousine. grin
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Oracleforce: 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2021
Nyamiri people go come speak on the Yoruba attire....because it wasn't Igbo attire...

Just watch them and see their bittered response to these pictures
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Calitoscassius(m): 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

If I ever find myself outside the shores of this country, to Europe or other continents. Ama take with me like 10-15 native attires especially senators and sell to these folks times 3 the actuall price. That would be my line of business.
grin grin grin you wouldn't be the first, come to hackney street market london and see your fellow nigerians and Ghanians already doing that since 30 years ago i was growing up in east london. They even have tailors who will sew these cloths at the spot, you are just waking up.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by arzizhy: 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2021
KillMNKnow:
God bless Buhari

Ode, you couldn’t pray for Nigeria you are praying for Buhari… where is your patrotism? With Buhari or your country?
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Almaigaa: 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2021
Psalmspsalms:

Are u idoma by tribe? undecided
Are u idoma by tribe?

No. I'm an Igbo man from Abia.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by KillMNKnow(f): 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2021
arzizhy:

Ode, you couldn’t pray for Nigeria you are praying for Buhari… where is your patrotism? With Buhari or your country?
Lol. My patriotism is tribalism.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
Good boy. This is how you represent your country outside not like that wild animal with yellow hair in Russia- the land of wrong doing.

This is how relationships for future trade is built and see the better course he studied. I wish him success.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Totilopussylick(m): 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2021
KillMNKnow:
God bless Buhari
you de find trouble ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by UKusedBoyfriend(m): 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
It looked good on them especially the one on blue.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
Oracleforce:
Nyamiri people go come speak on the Yoruba attire....because it wasn't Igbo attire...

Just watch them and see their bittered response to these pictures

Babanriga is actually a northern attire it means big dress. It was brought by same Fulani from North Africa. It spread to Yorubaland during Fulani conquest. We are happy to share it with all Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by neyyoh: 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2021
And?
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Coldie(m): 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
teebaxy:
that's how you wanna see it...can't you see it the other way round...
Y would taking pictures with your friend ls cause a stir?
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
Calitoscassius:
grin grin grin you wouldn't be the first, come to hackney street market london and see your fellow nigerians and Ghanians already doing that since 30 years ago i was growing up in east london. They even have tailors who will sew these cloths at the spot, you are just waking up.

Ow! Wow! That means there are other business minded folks aa me out there. Well thank you for bringing me up to date. Blame it on the environment. That's why.... You know the rest. Anyways how's life, work, studies and family?
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by lifeisgood12: 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2021
Speaktruth88:

Babanriga is actually a northern attire it means big dress. It was brought by same Fulani from North Africa. It spread to Yorubaland during Fulani conquest. We are happy to share it with all Nigerians.
babanriga is actually from senegal. Hausas got it during trade with senegalese people and adopted it into their culture.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Calitoscassius(m): 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

Ow! Wow! That means there are other business minded folks aa me out there. Well thank you for bringing me up to date. Blame it on the environment. That's why.... You know the rest. Anyways how's life, work, studies and family?
yea! Well.. What ever ambition or business plan you have, someone else also have it or already doing it. That is the reality of life.

Everything is good, thanks for asking.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by JudasNaCarrot: 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2021
KillMNKnow:
God bless Buhari
Na Thunder go.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by oluwatoyin2707: 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2021
drinoayo:
A Nigerian student at the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom Gift Odoh has shared photos of his foreign friends online dressed in Nigerian attires, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Odoh’s white friends were in the picture dressed in Idoma attire and Babariga.

The Nigerian graduated with a first class in electrical and electronic engineering from the Modibbo Adama University of Technology in Yola.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/giftodoh_nigeria-activity-6815182511170183169-cQva/

Odoh is currently doing his master’s with focus on artificial intelligence, robotics and control.

He added that his friends have also tasted ogbono, egusi and groundnut soups with semo and eba, beans and garri and “our world best Jollof Rice.”

“They want to see the beautiful country and people that is #Nigeria someday, and I hope it becomes a reality,” he added.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by IAmSkinny: 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2021
drinoayo:

Idoma boy. Full blooded Idoma boy from the overseas spotted
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Joetttimua1811(m): 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2021
Correct
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Antoeni(m): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2021
Office
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by ramatintin(m): 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2021
Simplyleo:
The dress no get fitting for their body.

See them looking like dolls. undecided
Recieve Sense
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by wildikeman(m): 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2021
KillMNKnow:
God bless Buhari

Shut ur disgusting trap
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Cultural misappropriation according to liberals and black Americans grin grin

As in, you sabi. If this happened in America it will cause a whole media meltdown. Americans can fight over nonsense ehn!

I personally like seeing people of different cultures wearing each others attires. These white boys look good on this. Especially the one in blue.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
Calitoscassius:
yea! Well.. What ever ambition or business plan you have, someone else also have it or already doing it. That is the reality of life.

Everything is good, thanks for asking.

Yes! I get it but as a prospective PR & Advertising practioner we are been thought to be innovative by carrying out market/public reaserch then coming out with something different. So that's it.
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Calitoscassius(m): 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

Yes! I get it but as a prospective PR & Advertising practioner we are been thought to be innovative by carrying out market/public reaserch then coming out with something different. So that's it.
That sounds good but i guarantee you that anything or ideas you come out with after your market/people researches, someone else either already have the same ideas or already putting into practise, anyway keep doing your researches one day you might come up with a new idea that no one has already or thinking of putting into practise, like a new way to put an end to lack of constant electricity in nigeria. grin
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
KillMNKnow:
God bless Buhari

I still don't understand how God will bless a wicked soul
are you high or just exhibiting foolishness?
Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by ComeToJesus: 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2021
Richy4:
What destroyed the whole thing was their choice of footwear... apart from that, they are good....The Odoh man should have at least explained that native especially 1500 doesn't go with boots smiley

That's some old philosophy. Some level of creativity and flexibility is allowed. Style is not cast in concrete. A lot is changing and will continue to change.

Standards and stereotypes are crashing. You can create your own style and signature provided you have the carriage, charisma and persona to pull it off.

Who would have thought in the past that a Fulani man would wear his traditional dress with canvas?

Re: Nigerian Student In UK Causes Stir With Pictures Of White Friends In Babariga by Goldbw122(m): 1:54pm On Jun 30, 2021
Cute photo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.