Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

"Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" (22959 Views)

I'll Like To Change My Tribe To Yoruba- Veteran Actor, Larry Koldsweat / Igbo Is The Most Popular Ethnic Group Outside Nigeria / Translate To Yoruba. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 10:04am On May 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

The thing pain you wella wella sha.

Someone once said "It's not wise to show your enemies your weakness" grin

Quick way to give you a heartattck; Some should suddenly shout "Yoruba" out of nowhere.  grin grin

LMAO! Pain? LWKMD. Well, I will permit your naive statement because we are communicating through typed words. Like I told you, I am totally cool. I no wan talk wetin I dey do now before it becomes a new topic. Lol!  grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 10:05am On May 10, 2011
chamber2:

I think both. The later can be pardoned though due to pronunciation problem.

Nawa for una o! See how a st[i]upid[/i] LETTER G is causing  unnecessary trouble!

It's aight though!  wink smiley
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:06am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

LMAO! Pain? LWKMD. Well, I will permit your naive statement because we are communicating through typed words. Like I told you, I am totally cool. I no wan talk wetin I dey do now before it becomes a new topic. Lol!  grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Infact you can paint this thread with hundreds of smiley face. grin
The thing pain you wella wella.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by bebrief(m): 10:07am On May 10, 2011
@OP

I totally agree with you, the word is "I-gb-o" and not "Ibo"
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 10:07am On May 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Infact you can paint this thread with hundreds of smiley face. grin
The thing pain you wella wella.

Na wetin you wan hear be rat? E pain me pass the nail wey they put for Jesus hand. LMAO! Are you okay now?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:08am On May 10, 2011
It is very ostensible: the thing pain am. grin grin grin
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by delpee(f): 10:09am On May 10, 2011
Whats all this about? Sounds more like the rantings of idle people to me. Strangely all my Igbo friends pronounce Ibo so i am used to that. The correction should start from your own people IMO. Anyways, all this is irrelevant. What we need is good governance to conquer poverty for the majority of our people irrespective of tribe, spellings and pronunciation. The poor have less time to raise dust on minor issues like this.
When you know who you are and u are confident in urself, whatever anybody calls you is his headache.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:09am On May 10, 2011
BABE!:

Chamber2, what exactly is the problem though? The fact that people type "Ibo" or the fact that people pronounce it as "ibo"? Because if it's the latter, then the whole of Nigeria is guilty as charged. So, why attacking Yorubas then?

Ibo kwenu ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo

Proudly ibo !
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:09am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

Na wetin you wan hear be rat? E pain me pass the nail wey they put for Jesus hand. LMAO! Are you okay now?

Wetin consign me.
Make e no pain you too much sha grin
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:10am On May 10, 2011
omo_to_dun:

No mind am. grin
I can tell when he starts posting smiley faces.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by chamber2(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2011
@~Bluetooth

you no get work?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:12am On May 10, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ibo kwenu ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo

Proudly ibo !
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 10:13am On May 10, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Yes I concur! The thing pain JUSTCASH well well! He couldn't hide it!! Typing speaks louder than voice. wink
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:13am On May 10, 2011
delpee:

Whats all this about? Sounds more like the rantings of idle people to me. Strangely all my Igbo friends pronounce Ibo so i am used to that. The correction should start from your own people IMO. Anyways, all this is irrelevant. What we need is good governance to conquer poverty for the majority of our people irrespective of tribe, spellings and pronunciation. The poor have less time to raise dust on minor issues like this.
When you know who you are and u are confident in urself, whatever anybody calls you is his headache.

GBAM, GBAM, & GBAM.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 10:14am On May 10, 2011
@ Bluetooth: Are you Igbo or Yorooba? Just curious!
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by chamber2(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2011

He is Togolese
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 10:18am On May 10, 2011
delpee:

This is really not meant to create an upheaval as it has done. It was created to educate people on how to write Igbo. It is even not much about pronunciation, but writing. Pronunciation is abstract, while writings can be seen.
It was not created to force others to call us Igbos. They can call and write Igbo the way the want, especially if they feel they prefer Ibo more than Igbo. The only issue is that, I (Poster) want to make more people to write Igbo, as Igbo. To do this, I will call their ethnic groups names wrongly. If they complain, then I will bring their mistakes to their notice. If they don't care about their ethnic group's name being called wrongly, then there will be no problem. We will keep calling them wrongly. I really don't think that should be a problem.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:21am On May 10, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Proudly ibo !

Sucks to be ibo really. . .I can still manage to be an almajiris than be a jew wannabe.
BABE!:

Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:22am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

This is really not meant to create an upheaval as it has done. It was created to educate people on how to write Igbo. It is even not much about pronunciation, but writing. Pronunciation is abstract, while writings can be seen.
It was not created to force others to call us Igbos. They can call and write Igbo the way the want, especially if they feel they prefer Ibo more than Igbo. The only issue is that, I (Poster) want to make more people to write Igbo, as Igbo. To do this, I will call their ethnic groups names wrongly. If they complain, then I will bring their mistakes to their notice. If they don't care about their ethnic group's name being called wrongly, then there will be no problem. We will keep calling them wrongly. I really don't think that should be a problem.

So why cry to the Yorubas. Are we the only one that call you guys Ibos/Ebos/Igbos/Igbos/Ebohs?

This thread should have been targeted at all Nigerians, including some Igbos. Even Igbos call themselves "Ibos".

My Igbo friend calls himself "Ibo".
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 10:22am On May 10, 2011
BABE!:

Yes I concur! The thing pain JUSTCASH well well! He couldn't hide it!! Typing speaks louder than voice. wink
Ileke-IdI:

Wetin consign me.
Make e no pain you too much sha grin

All these una e dey pain am, e dey pain am is becoming too boring. If e pain me, so? Na bad thing for something to pain person? As e no come dey pain me nko? Abi una dey try convince una self say e day pain me. Lol! Nigerians sef. SMH.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:23am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

All these una e dey pain am, e dey pain am is becoming too boring. If e pain me, so? Na bad thing for something to pain person? As e no come dey pain me nko? Abi una dey try convince una self say e day pain me. Lol! Nigerians sef. SMH.

LMAO!! No, no be bad thing. Just create a thread about it and walk it off. E go better  grin
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 10:24am On May 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

So why cry to the Yorubas. Are we the only one that call you guys Ibos/Ebos/Igbos/Igbos/Ebohs?

This thread should have been targeted at all Nigerians, including some Igbos. Even Igbos call themselves "Ibos".

I responded to someone else. Wetin carry your busy body come here na?  grin grin grin grin grin
I have a Yoruba friend that calls himself "Yorooba". So?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:25am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

I responded to someone else. Wetin carry your busy body come here na?  grin grin grin grin grin
I have a Yoruba friend that calls himself "Yorooba". So?

Irrelevant to:

Ileke-IdI:

So why cry to the Yorubas. Are we the only ones that call you guys Ibos/Ebos/Igbos/Igbos/Ebohs?

Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by mayordy(m): 10:25am On May 10, 2011
all those ranting on the Yorubas re notin but dis complicated word FOOLS' yes, and Justcash is their grandmaster, U re a shame 2 d Igbos n Nigeria @large, u guyz nid to be eliminated, u're poisoning young minds, dis is 2011 4cryn out loud, I'm nt sorrY 2 say dis U Aint got A Life, go get a beta One,
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 10:26am On May 10, 2011
mayordy:

all those ranting on the Yorubas re notin but dis complicated word FOOLS' yes, and Justcash is their grandmaster, U re a shame 2 d Igbos n Nigeria @large, u guyz nid to be eliminated, u're poisoning young minds, dis is 2011 4cryn out loud, I'm nt sorrY 2 say dis U Aint got A Life, go get a beta One,
Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 10:27am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

The only issue is that, I (Poster) want to make more people to write Igbo, as Igbo. To do this, I will call their ethnic groups names wrongly. If they complain, then I will bring their mistakes to their notice. If they don't care about their ethnic group's name being called wrongly, then there will be no problem. We will keep calling them wrongly. I really don't think that should be a problem.

Firstly,I think you're confused, --partially. I thought you said you didn't have a problem with the pronunciation, because of the different accents. Why are you changing story?

Secondly, you said "I will call their names wrongly and if they complain". Nigga, no one is complaing, so I think you should device another method to solve your problem. wink

Thirdly, you said "We will keep calling them wrongly", asif it's a global thing! --Lol. I'm sure a good percentage of your igbo men don't give a flying 4uck about this "issue"!!!! smiley

Seriously though, Mr OP, why is this matter so close to your heart?. I really wanna know. smiley
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:28am On May 10, 2011
BABE!:

Firstly,I think you're confused, --partially. I thought you said you didn't have a problem with the pronunciation, because of the different accents. Why are you changing story?

Secondly, you said "I will call their names wrongly and if they complain". Nigga, no one is complaing, so I think you should device another method to solve your problem. wink

Thirdly, you said "We will keep calling them wrongly", asif it's a global thing! --Lol. I'm sure a good percentage of your igbo men don't give a flying 4uck about this "issue"!!!! smiley

Seriously though, Mr OP, why is this matter so close to your heart. I really wanna know. smiley

You want to know why the thing dey pain him? grin
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 10:29am On May 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Irrelevant to:

Did you read the thread atall. Did your eyes see only Yorubas there? Hausa people don take note, dey silent. You dey rant.
SMH.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by BABE3: 10:30am On May 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You want to know why the thing dey pain him? grin

Yes o! The tin dey pain am ----lol--- I wanna know why.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Justcash(m): 10:30am On May 10, 2011
BABE!:

Yes o! The tin dey pain am ----lol--- I wanna know why.

Boring
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 10:31am On May 10, 2011
Justcash:

Did you read the thread atall. Did your eyes see only Yorubas there? Hausa people don take note, dey silent. You dey rant.
SMH.

So only Hausas and Yorubas say Igbo/Ibo/Ebo/Eboh/Igbo?

Why is Hausa not on the Topic?

You simply picked on the two groups you hate (judged by your NL posts, ppl should dig int your post history and confirm). Tribalism is your problem. Too bad the Yorrroobbas and Haauussaas are NOT going anywhere,
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by saintohia: 10:31am On May 10, 2011
Short & simple folks ,  it's pronounced and spelt "Igbo" not "Ibo" It wasn't whitemen that generated the word "Igbo", so accent doesn't count here just know it's " Igbo" . . . not "Ibo" ok?

Igbo . . . correct

Ibo . . . wrong

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead / Alafin's Supernatural Power Over Other Oba's In Yorubaland / Ooni Ogunwusi With John Mahama In Ghana, Gets Lovely Art Gift On His Ghana Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.