Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,328 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. (29117 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / My Confusion About The Claims of Islam / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by gsegun43: 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:

Hmmmmm

But we all use to see some signs of spiritual powers and miracles which means to me that there is God.

Or is it a coincidence or better still, should we attribute those things to nature?
Which sign, the scam church testimonies or what? If they are not lies then they are what happen to people everyday irrespective of religion.

grin

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Igbojihadist: 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:
y

You are not getting the point sir, equating God with a mere human is not proper. According to scriptures, He supposed to know what will happen right from the time he was making man cos he knows what will happen till the end of time. Why then did he went ahead to make man that will be punished severely later?
or he should have kill adam and eve and creat new generation

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by VULCAN(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
There is nothing wrong in having doubts about God, His Word or what the Bible says about afterlife.
No punishment for you for doubting.

God is someone who is excited to reveal himself to anybody who sincerely cries out to Him.

Your doubts come from two basic flaws in your Christian walk.

The first, you haven't partaken of a Teaching ministry.

Christianity as its practiced in Africa has little resemblance to what is revealed in the Word so I cannot blame you for not receiving sound teaching that answers most or all your questions.

Two, you haven't experienced personal miracles. It's not enough to watch others experience them or see miracles performed on TV(some of which are staged).

To stand strong you must have a personal experience of God.

Your questions are many and require a lot of time to do justice to them.

I will recommend some books if you are seeking for knowledge.

Or perhaps I will send some ebooks to you.

udoji2021:
I have been thinking about this lately and decide to share it here. Don't get me fellas, I'm a Christian and believe in God and his son Jesus Christ

BUT

It is believe that God created the world and knows what happened before, what is happening presently and what will happen later till the end of time. This brings me question on why he allowed Satan to decieve man, why was he also angry since He knew beforehand of what will happen? Then the consequent punishment, was it really justified?

The most confusing part to me now is life after death. I personally believe that there is heaven and hell right from my childhood days until one guy (Jehovah witness) told me that there is nothing like hell, he went on that even heaven is for a specific number of choose people and not for everyone, above all, he said that when one dies, your own is finished and you are not gonna go anywhere. Simply put, your body and spirit will die.

I nearly insulted him for spewing such rubbish but many years after, I'm beginning to think think twice about this issue.
Now, imagine suffering in this life for all the days of your life only to meet death (body and spirit),

My question is;

1) why not just enjoy your life even if it means doing bad things to enjoy life?
If you can't enjoy life, why not kill yourself and rest to avoid the sufferings?

2) Even if there is life after death, what if there is no suffering cos God may decide to give everyone peace after death.

3) Those that didn't hear anything about God, what is their fate?

4) which of the scriptures is to be trusted?

May God forgive my ignorance if what I just wrote is bad and punishable.

3 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by benji93: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
First bolded: Omniscience-meaning God knows everything could easily mean he knows the result of all possibilities. It doesn't necessarily mean he has pre-determined a possibility. That is he allows for all possibilities, but he knows the outcome of each one of them, which means free will can still be accommodated. Now i am not saying this is the case, but this is a perspective that takes in both the Omniscient status of God and the free-will of man.

Second bolded: What do you mean by reality, as in tangible?In this case you may have to state what kind of evidence you are looking for then we can first decide if the workings of the spirit sometimes/never/always allow for such evidence. If this point is not first addressed the rest would be fruitless.

Fourth bolded: There's certainly nothing divine about reli. For the most part let's say religion/sub-religion/sub-denomination is a compendium of rules. It's meant to guide people. Now whether these rules come from God is another thing entirely. They may and they may not. Now the word divine means of/from God, so if you don't believe in God it's quite unpurposeful to use that term. It's quite unenlightening to use a word when you don't even believe in the existence of the meaning of that word.

The existence of God, and the proliferation of religion are two different things. Do not lump them together.

You don't see anything man. It's quite sad that you think you know a lot to stay on the irreligious side. You can do better.
Workch:
First of all, I will address your topic. Is it not laughable to think that an omniscient being gives freewill?
How can freewill and omniscience be compatible?
In reality, there’s no evidence for spirits, it’s a lie that dogmatists hold on to even when they cannot prove it.

Your religion is a function of mainly where you were born, how you were bred and the kind of people that influenced your life. There’s nothing divine about it.

We have more than 4,000 religions and every single one of them think theirs is the truth. For someone who was born in IRaq, he thinks that someone born in southeast Nigeria, who’s most likely going to be a Christian will go to hell. It’s vice-versa.

And the lies goes on, we that are irreligious see all these and just allow you people paddle your boats of self-deceit and delusion.

2 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Eberex(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
The Christian concept of a god has failed all test and if everyone should be sincere, we know he doesn’t exist. They are just trying hard to hold on to the lies in the stories by concocting more lies.

People will always feel threatened when you tell them their god doesn’t exist even when you present overwhelming evidence. That’s how dogmatism work.

The Christian description of a god is laughable, illogical, ridiculous and overwhelmingly irrational. It doesn’t agree with anything in reality.

So you believe in the BIG BANG THEORY then
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Eberex(m): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:

Hmmmmm

But we all use to see some signs of spiritual powers and miracles which means to me that there is God.

Or is it a coincidence or better still, should we attribute those things to nature?

You are even more confused than i thought
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Semaj77(m): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:
y

You are not getting the point sir, equating God with a mere human is not proper. According to scriptures, He supposed to know what will happen right from the time he was making man cos he knows what will happen till the end of time. Why then did he went ahead to make man that will be punished severely later?

Yes he made a terrible mistake , he shouldn't have equated God to man , man is a million times more powerful than God

3 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Giltexo: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
Do not be decieved..for Christ himself descended into hell..why telling me there is nothing like hell.. why saying there is no heaven when God has made the earth his footstool.. finally why saying the Christian God is different...God is God and he change not..

3 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by thinkmoney(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:
I have been thinking about this lately and decide to share it here. Don't get me fellas, I'm a Christian and believe in God and his son Jesus Christ

BUT

It is believe that God created the world and knows what happened before, what is happening presently and what will happen later till the end of time. This brings me question on why he allowed Satan to decieve man, why was he also angry since He knew beforehand of what will happen? Then the consequent punishment, was it really justified?

The most confusing part to me now is life after death. I personally believe that there is heaven and hell right from my childhood days until one guy (Jehovah witness) told me that there is nothing like hell, he went on that even heaven is for a specific number of choose people and not for everyone, above all, he said that when one dies, your own is finished and you are not gonna go anywhere. Simply put, your body and spirit will die.

I nearly insulted him for spewing such rubbish but many years after, I'm beginning to think think twice about this issue.
Now, imagine suffering in this life for all the days of your life only to meet death (body and spirit),

My question is;

1) why not just enjoy your life even if it means doing bad things to enjoy life?
If you can't enjoy life, why not kill yourself and rest to avoid the sufferings?

2) Even if there is life after death, what if there is no suffering cos God may decide to give everyone peace after death.

My brother, I tell u I have logical answers to almost all those questions bothering u. And my answers are bible based only.
God is so happy that you are using the mind he gave u the way he wants it to be used. He created our mind to be curious. He is happy with u
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I once prove that fact to you and you fell silent and could not speak for weeks. But exactly as God Said, your time has come.

But this is not the issue of thread go and open your own thread.
What fact is that, abeg drop it again, till date I have not seen any reasonable logical argument for the existence of any God.

3 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2021
Giltexo:
Do not be decieved..for Christ himself descended into hell..why telling me there is nothing like hell.. why saying there is no heaven when God has made the earth his footstool.. finally why saying the Christian God is different...God is God and he change not..
The question is proof this hell n heaven exist outside the Bible.

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by siofra(f): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
MJBOLT:
those signs are all in your head,how many religious leaders can walk into a hospital and heal the sick there undecided
It's in our nature to attribute meaning to things we cannot explain or don't understand but it doesn't mean that what we will believe is true.

What about black magic or juju I've seen it happen before my very eyes what's the explanation for that kind of thing?

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Benrosaria(m): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:

BUT

My question is;

Brother you are not ignorant. You are getting free from the bondage of sin (god and religion). I would throw more light to all of your questions. If you still seem to be a Christian I would urge you choose to be mad or dead or stay alive believing in the happiness of humanity.

And they say it’s still the same god different messengers

Your light has come. Keep shining cause there is no god but you and humanity
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by damosky12(m): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
That truth only exist in your dogmatic head.

God does not exist, if he does, he can’t create someone like you. He will be too perfect to make such mistakes.

For you to have "perfectly" pictured his (the person you quoted) imperfection, don't you think you already have a sense of perfection. cool

If you do think do, where does that sense or idea of perfection come from? Your brain?

If you think you are not perfect, don't you think it takes an understanding of perfection to know what is not perfect?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2021
Keep asking these questions.

You are getting there.

You'll realize that the pictures of the Christian God and the Muslim God are both false.

3 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by adeshna: 2:56pm On Jul 01, 2021
Personally

I think reading the foundation of religious texts is the best. Anyone can write a book based on his or her own understanding.

The bible or the Quran. Read from start to finish.

Then you should get your answer.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
Techguy96:

Kindly explain these human errors u talk about or give examples

Human error was deliberate because without these errors you would have been born into abundance and you would be in a state of repose. No desire to pursue pleasure. If you don’t have the zeal to pursue pleasure, you will not encounter or know good and evil which is according to the essence of nature.

2 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Benrosaria(m): 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
benji93:
First bolded: Omniscience-meaning God knows everything could easily mean he knows the result of all possibilities. It doesn't necessarily mean he has pre-determined a possibility. That is he allows for all possibilities, but he knows the outcome of each one of them, which means free will can still be accommodated. Now i am not saying this is the case, but this is a perspective that takes in both the Omniscient status of God and the free-will of man.

Second bolded: What do you mean by reality, as in tangible?In this case you may have to state what kind of evidence you are looking for then we can first decide if the workings of the spirit sometimes/never/always allow for such evidence. If this point is not first addressed the rest would be fruitless.

Fourth bolded: There's certainly nothing divine about reli. For the most part let's say religion/sub-religion/sub-denomination is a compendium of rules. It's meant to guide people. Now whether these rules come from God is another thing entirely. They may and they may not. Now the word divine means of/from God, so if you don't believe in God it's quite unpurposeful to use that term. It's quite unenlightening to use a word when you don't even believe in the existence of the meaning of that word.

The existence of God, and the proliferation of religion are two different things. Do not lump them together.

You don't see anything man. It's quite sad that you think you know a lot to stay on the irreligious side. You can do better.

Imagine if we were all same color and tongue
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Mayor101010(m): 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
You are a god yourself... Humans are spirit beings or bundles of quantum energy... You live to die you die to live... If you don't live you don't die likewise if you don't die you don't live... We live to die we also die so that we can live again.... It's a cycle

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
benji93:

It's not possible for God to know if outcome of all things if he gave us freewill.
The freewill means we make out choice ourselves and God doesn't know the choice we will take. If God knows then it's not freewill.
If u say God doesn't pre-determine, it simply means God has no plan, but u Christians keep shouting God's plan everyday.

4 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by damosky12(m): 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ayion:

Your write up above is one of the reasons I believe he exists.

When the wise tries to explain wisdom to the foolish, it’s sounds illogical, laughable, ridiculous, irrational and overwhelming to the foolish man. This is because his(the foolish) ability to understand, perceive, comprehend and accept wisdom is far far below average...

This is why I can’t blame you but the level of foolishness that you have drowned in

God bless you. You were quoting Paul:

1 Corinthians 2:14
[14]But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
Carchoice:

Human error was deliberate because without these errors you would have been born into abundance and you would be in a state of repose. No desire to pursue pleasure. If you don’t have the zeal to pursue pleasure, you will not encounter or know good and evil which is according to the essence of nature.
Kindly read my question again
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by perezeghi: 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:
I have been thinking about this lately and decide to share it here. Don't get me fellas,
I'm a Christian and believe in God and his son Jesus Christ
BUT

I nearly insulted him for spewing such rubbish but many years after, I'm beginning to think think twice about this issue

My question is;

With regards to the bold......
Yes, you believe in God and His son Jesus Christ but with doubts in your heart/mind/spirit!!!!

To be a christian is to be Christ-Like(Like Christ). No one can claim such because he/she is birthed by earthly parents or attends church regularly. To be a christian is to be born again. Because if one is not born again that individual can never become a christian.

As regards bold 2.........

1 Thessalonians 5:21(Living Bible)
[21]but test everything that is said to be sure it is true, and if it is, then accept it.

If it's only the belief that heaven and hell is real that you trust and know that if you are truly born again(christian) that you'll be with Christ Jesus after your time on earth......then that is enough. It's better one knows little and his salvation is guaranteed than to know much and by so doing miss heaven.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Auspiman(m): 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2021
My question is;

The answers to the above questions are in gaining more knowledge about the Scriptures. And obviously is what you are seeking here but unfortunately, this platform may not be the best place for the right knowledge you seek.

Don't forsake the gathering of brethren, Seek your answers there.

But most importantly, read your Scriptures daily and
meditatively while asking the Holy Spirit for direction within one week you will have your answers with conviction.

Trust me, many here may misled you, and Spiritual matters are not academics, reality or logic. May the Lord lead you in His truth bro

2 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2021
Techguy96:

Kindly read my question,

Read my response carefully this time, this time, with spiritual understanding
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by sunshineV(f): 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
hibeebeeking:
You really need help and you need to see a counsellor ASAP. You are thinking beyond boundary. You better start to leave a righteous life.
and by righteous life u mean don't think just follow the crowd like a zombie?

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by drlateef: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
First of all, I will address your topic. Is it not laughable to think that an omniscient being gives freewill?
How can freewill and omniscience be compatible?
In reality, there’s no evidence for spirits, it’s a lie that dogmatists hold on to even when they cannot prove it.

Your religion is a function of mainly where you were born, how you were bred and the kind of people that influenced your life. There’s nothing divine about it.

We have more than 4,000 religions and every single one of them think theirs is the truth. For someone who was born in IRaq, he thinks that someone born in southeast Nigeria, who’s most likely going to be a Christian will go to hell. It’s vice-versa.

And the lies goes on, we that are irreligious see all these and just allow you people paddle your boats of self-deceit and delusion.

Well the answers to all your queries are in Islam. But we leave you people on the wrong path to dabble about until you get tired. Those who desire the truth among you will eventually come to Islam for their answers.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by patani(m): 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
The Christian concept of a god has failed all test and if everyone should be sincere, we know he doesn’t exist. They are just trying hard to hold on to the lies in the stories by concocting more lies.

People will always feel threatened when you tell them their god doesn’t exist even when you present overwhelming evidence. That’s how dogmatism work.

The Christian description of a god is laughable, illogical, ridiculous and overwhelmingly irrational. It doesn’t agree with anything in reality.

you mean the survival instinct and design of living thing were all fluke and there was no designer nehing it?

I laugh in swahili....

Look at the universe, science has not even discovered 1% of things in existence and you are here talking with your small mind which can not even comprehend only 1% of what science has discovered....Ordinary bird was perfectly designed in such a way to make them exist...Humans even have scrotum exist outside their body just to maintain perfect temperature for procreation and sperm cell survival....and ure here saying all those designs were just fluke? How many species have existed in the past...how many are still in existence (the answer is a good number if them)...principle of selection is flawed if a sizable number of species that exist for 5billion years agi are still around today and still intact with thier survival attribute....Go and watch consciousness after death on netflix...you can then come n back here to debate me about non existence of a supreme being or spiritual realm...Or do yourself a better deal...google consciousness after death

3 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Techguy96:

Kindly read my question,
I’ll add this to it.

“A deliberate error is not a mistake” hence, humans are not mistakes, from what you said in your initial post.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by MorataFC: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:

Clap for yourself but in all honesty you need God and Jesus in your life.

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
Carchoice:

Read my response carefully this time, this time, with spiritual understanding
I ask u to give me examples of human errors
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by JKhafe(f): 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
The (grail message) have the answers you seek. Please get the volume 1, 2 & 3 for better understanding with a (Bible). HAPPY READING...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Have You Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Notable Miracle? / 10 Types Of People We Meet After Church Dismissal (hilarious) / Mentally Challenged Man Healed By Lords Chosen Church Members In Ebonyi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.