Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. (29093 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / My Confusion About The Claims of Islam / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by hollowpot15684(m): 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
The Christian concept of a god has failed all test and if everyone should be sincere, we know he doesn’t exist. They are just trying hard to hold on to the lies in the stories by concocting more lies.

People will always feel threatened when you tell them their god doesn’t exist even when you present overwhelming evidence. That’s how dogmatism work.

The Christian description of a god is laughable, illogical, ridiculous and overwhelmingly irrational. It doesn’t agree with anything in reality.

Ashiwere sowipe kosi Olorun
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2021
Igbojihadist:
offsprings that were not yet born as of then and why didnt GOD terminate the tree since he knows the tree is evil
What tree are calling evil? The tree was not evil.... the only evil done was Adam choice to disobey God's only God's direct Law - sin. undecided

Adam and Eve made the decision to doom all mankind by their choice. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by RuMiRgO1stSon: 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2021
Cerebral malaria grin
Akakanfirstclass:

I wouldn't even believe in God at all..
Until a day, a long time sha.
I woke up in d middle of night to urinate.
Note.. I wasn't sleeping alone in the room, we were 5 in that room..
It was a big room..
There was NEPA light..
I couldn't tell what time it was, but it was around 2 to 3 a.m.
The bathroom I intended to use was just along the alleyway(corridor)..
So my bladder was filled, it started to hurt, I needed to pee..
So when I got up, I saw clearly three man like beings..
But they didn't have a body like human, but rather like a florescent light..
They stood right in front of me, staring at me..
I have seen scary things that made me afraid all thru my life.. But that experience is second to none.
I literally pretended as if I was a furniture, I just lay still in an awkward position.
It was so real, I couldn't even dare ask them anything before they turn me into spirit..
Mehn..
But before I knew it, I slept off..
And woke up in the clear morning..
Told every one about it..
They knew I was serious.
I did several research then..
And the description of the being didn't match a ghost but rather an angel like being..
Then I knew that there is heaven indeed..

I have a thousand and more reason to doubt the Christian God..
For He sometimes it seems like he doesn't do like he says..
And the bible it self contradict it self..
Even the words of God in some Scriptures contradict His words again in other scriptures..

But overtime..
I have come to realize that men had influenced the bible a lot..
And men had influenced the impression of God a lot..
God is not the all description they taught us..
God is something else..

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by BB9ja007: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:

Sorry to say this sir, you are deviating from my questions.

I ask again, is there life after death?

Did you experience it yourself or someone told you about it or your argument is based on what is written in the Bible?

If your position is based on what you read in the Bible, how come different churches interpret it differently (JW especially) and what about of some Catholics that use to say you will go to purgatory (not sure of the spelling pls) and wait for judgement?

What I'm saying is that, different religions say different things about life after death, so which one do you think is true and why?

And what of those that don't know or have not even heard about God and Jesus Christ, what is their fate?

Lastly, what if all this that we believe is wrong?
u don too listen to Dax
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Threebear(m): 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
Supernatural powers exist , that I'm very sure of because I've experienced it myself .

There is no free will , karma is always waiting and for every action and inaction there are consequences.

That said : the idea of Christian God is very flawed .

Men wrote the Bible .

The very first page of the Bible was written many years after Jesus' death .

The Bible originally written in the language of the people Jesus lived amongst was translated to Greek. Even Jesus' original name Yeshua was turned to Jesus .

A lot of biblical accounts were edited .

A lot of books that didn't fit into the narrative they tried to sell were exempted or completely removed .

A lot of words were mistranslated .

Man has a hand in the creation of the Bible and Christianity and at such it can never be perfect or completely true because man is heavily flawed .

God has no religion.

He's not the sole property of Christians like they want Him to be .

God is a representation of everything good in the world and goodness exists everywhere even in atheism.

At the end of the day , just live your life right .

While I do not believe in hell , there is indeed punishment for every sin ...here and in the afterlife .

So doubting the existence of God does not completely exempt you from your responsibilities as a human .

Cos believe me , Karma is very real .

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by hollowpot15684(m): 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:

Hmmmmm

But we all use to see some signs of spiritual powers and miracles which means to me that there is God.

Or is it a coincidence or better still, should we attribute those things to nature?

God is Nature.
What you dont understand is termed as mystery or miracle, there is actually a spiritual explanation to every mystery or miracle.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Did you read the article? If not, then keep quiet and don't conclude on what you didn't read. Okay?
Jesus Christ already warned you against any and all doctrines and traditions of men which He clearly declared were nothing but lies when it comes to His Truth - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 - so what makes you think that a lie should change my mind about the Truth of God? undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Oldboss(m): 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
DappaD:

You’re not getting it, are you? From the title of your thread, I was hoping you were basing your discussions on the Bible as to check its authenticity but no where in the Bible(Scriptures) have we been hinted of any such thing as life after death that is, when someone dies, something in the person keeps living on somewhere else. THAT IS NOT FOUND ANYWHERE IN THE SCRIPTURES!
your body returns to dust while your spirit moved beyond the Cosmo's
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
Techguy96:

What's not true?
The claim that religion and rationality dont work together. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by idanone(m): 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
Human being are spirit being, that is a prove that their is God.
udoji2021:
I have been thinking about this lately and decide to share it here. Don't get me fellas, I'm a Christian and believe in God and his son Jesus Christ

BUT

It is believe that God created the world and knows what happened before, what is happening presently and what will happen later till the end of time. This brings me question on why he allowed Satan to decieve man, why was he also angry since He knew beforehand of what will happen? Then the consequent punishment, was it really justified?

The most confusing part to me now is life after death. I personally believe that there is heaven and hell right from my childhood days until one guy (Jehovah witness) told me that there is nothing like hell, he went on that even heaven is for a specific number of choose people and not for everyone, above all, he said that when one dies, your own is finished and you are not gonna go anywhere. Simply put, your body and spirit will die.

I nearly insulted him for spewing such rubbish but many years after, I'm beginning to think think twice about this issue.
Now, imagine suffering in this life for all the days of your life only to meet death (body and spirit),

My question is;

1) why not just enjoy your life even if it means doing bad things to enjoy life?
If you can't enjoy life, why not kill yourself and rest to avoid the sufferings?

2) Even if there is life after death, what if there is no suffering cos God may decide to give everyone peace after death.

3) Those that didn't hear anything about God, what is their fate?

4) which of the scriptures is to be trusted?

May God forgive my ignorance if what I just wrote is bad and punishable.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by blazepascal(m): 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
In the last last days people will start to doubt God. What you wrote up there its the devils idea to deceive many people.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Akalia(m): 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
The Christian concept of a god has failed all test and if everyone should be sincere, we know he doesn’t exist. They are just trying hard to hold on to the lies in the stories by concocting more lies.

People will always feel threatened when you tell them their god doesn’t exist even when you present overwhelming evidence. That’s how dogmatism work.

The Christian description of a god is laughable, illogical, ridiculous and overwhelmingly irrational. It doesn’t agree with anything in reality.
Canal fool speaking.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Edusouls(m): 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
From ur question it’s so clear you are so naturally daft, all of una brains begins and ends in social media,chai youths of nowadays were una come from, humans or humanoids?
Techguy96:

My existence doesn't proof a God exist. If a God exist, who created him?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
idanone:
Human being are spirit being, that is a prove that their is God.
Humans are physical beings, not spiritual beings. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by hollowpot15684(m): 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
First of all, I will address your topic. Is it not laughable to think that an omniscient being gives freewill?
How can freewill and omniscience be compatible?
In reality, there’s no evidence for spirits, it’s a lie that dogmatists hold on to even when they cannot prove it.

Your religion is a function of mainly where you were born, how you were bred and the kind of people that influenced your life. There’s nothing divine about it.

We have more than 4,000 religions and every single one of them think theirs is the truth. For someone who was born in IRaq, he thinks that someone born in southeast Nigeria, who’s most likely going to be a Christian will go to hell. It’s vice-versa.

And the lies goes on, we that are irreligious see all these and just allow you people paddle your boats of self-deceit and delusion.

You have spoken out of flesh, you have eyes but you do not use them to see, you have hears yet you act like a deaf. You cannot explain Spiritual things with your carnal mind, its the opposite of different frequency.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by BluntCrazeMan: 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:

Sorry. I don't get your point

Satan taught Eve how to eat the fruit that grows on the tree (or rather in the bush) at the center of the garden.
And Eve taught Adam how to eat it too.
And they became shy of their unclothedness after eating the fruit..

The Story of the fall of Man is a parable..
It was actually the story of the first sexual intercourse.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Edusouls(m): 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2021
Anyone that doubts God’s existence is just similar to animals that roam the space..
SegFault:

Ad hominem attack. It seems you do not know how to debate, if a Muslim argued with you like this you'd be shouting terrorist up and down, desist from such.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2021
blazepascal:
In the last last days people will start to doubt God. What you wrote up there its the devils idea to deceive many people.
Even while Jesus Christ was yet on earth, People doubted God. undecided

Stop with the unnecessary fear-mongering . undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by hollowpot15684(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2021
doggedfighter:
The two things confusing you are imaginary hence the confusion.

God is not an author of confusion, tell the OP to immerse himself in the Holy Spirit if he wants to get out of his state of confusion and understand the things of the Spirit.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Ayomivic(m): 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:

My brother, not only you think about this. Every man that has his brain functioning well must think about it but do you know that no matter how we try to understand something about this world. We still can't get answers to them now. Who knows maybe later when all Man will be resurrected. Some of the questions we can't get answers we be made known to us? Some of those questions what you made mentioned like why did God allows Satan to Mislead people? Why didn't God kill Satan etc.

What I will tell you and the people that are reading this is that, we can't fight Satan not to talk about fighting God. They knows more than we. What we need to do is to choose our God and I will advise us to think about God that promised to judge the heavens and the Earth. Satan never promised paradise or hell but God that promised heaven and hell should be the one to worship.

Concerning your statement about resurrection. God had made clear our doubt on that. If you don't believe that Jesus resurrected because you are not there. Won't you believe in what is happened to you everyday? I mean sleep ,in the night ,God killed every man and resurrected them in the morning. That is a good example of death and resurrection.

If we say their is no God and live a life that we want and when we died we found out their is life after death we lost forever but if we abide by the commandments of the God that we don't believe he existing and when we died we found out he surely exist. We get our life back and be happy as he said. When we die in riches and rest forever without resurrection ,we don't know any longer all we have done on Earth or all we have eaten likewise when we die poor and die to rest forver without resurrection our suferness come to an end since we can feel no more pain and memory of our suferness had gone .

This called for intelligent, all we see is pointing to the existence of God . It is wise if we prepare for the journey of no return that all man must travel. I will trust and worship the God that can kill me , raised me , and determine my place afterlife.

If any one would say I am stupid or coward. Let him or her help me to stop death of working. If there is assurance that I will never die. I will believe God is not in existence and I will do as I like but now that I have no power of my own I will surely serve, love, trust my creator

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by JeffreyOraz(m): 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you not see that He brought the the living creatures to Adam to see what he would call them?

Or did you not read again "and God saw that the wickedness of man was great"

Oh, did you not read that The Lord tested Abraham and Boasted with Job?

God can Foresee BUT HE DOES NOT ALWAYS DO SO!

There is no pleasure or pain in foresight hence there would not be the reward of Blessings and Curses.
The authors of the Bible were human
And the Catholic Church teaches that no man on Earth can truly understand any celestial (heavenly) being. It is what the Church refers to as a MYSTERY. God is a mystery.
Besides, because you know the future does not mean you must always act like you do.
"God saw the wickedness of man was great" means that He would have known man would be that wicked but now had come the time to see it.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Threebear(m): 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What tree are calling evil? The tree was not evil.... the only evil done was Adam choice to disobey God's only God's direct Law - sin. undecided

Adam and Eve made the decision to doom all mankind by their choice. undecided
Pray tell , how did Adam's children procreate?
Did they commit incest by sleeping with one another ?
If Adam's children slept with themselves to be fruitful and multiply , why is incest today tagged as a sin ?

Does it mean that some sins can be tolerated based on certain conditions ?

Or does it mean that Adam and Eve weren't the only humans created then ?

And since only Adam and Eve committed a sin , why were the poor animals driven out of the garden too ?

Why are animals also doomed to die just like man when they did nothing wrong ?

Why is punishment for a snake crawling while there are other animals that crawl too eg snails ?

Why did Noah take the cursed snake into his ark when the Lord allegedly asked him to take two of each creatures ?

Did Noah also bring mosquitoes , parasites , bacteria , fungus , ants , cockroaches , houseflies etc into his ark ?

What of the sea creatures ?

Did they survive for days in the ark or the water wasn't strong enough to kill them , which means that somethings outside the ark survived ?

I'm really intrigued to see your reply .

3 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Techguy96(m): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
Edusouls:
From ur question it’s so clear you are so naturally daft, all of una brains begins and ends in social media,chai youths of nowadays were una come from, humans or humanoids?
Lol, see who's calling someone daft. I totally understand u tho, people are always scared when they hear or see something new. My advice for u is to be open minded, learn history, read books, meet new people,
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Edusouls(m): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
He has animal brains, cos anyone that doubts God’s existence is just similar to animals, he may even become the killer tomorrow cos not believe in God makes someone live anyhow and dangerously, so people should keep off from him..
kingxsamz:

Are you going to cry now? Why not carry guns to his house and kill him since you're triggered that he doesn't believe in your god?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Suremikky(m): 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2021
drlateef:

Well the answers to all your queries are in Islam. But we leave you people on the wrong path to dabble about until you get tired. Those who desire the truth among you will eventually come to Islam for their answers.

Comeon shutup,,the only thing Islam teaches is how to slaughter non-muslims.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by JohnBullMySon: 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ already warned you against any and all doctrines and traditions of men which He clearly declared were nothing but lies when it comes to His Truth - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 - so what makes you think that a lie should change my mind about the Truth of God? undecided
You didn't read something, yet you already know it's a lie You can believe what you want to, it's not by force to do what you do not want to. Peace out.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Threebear(m): 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Satan taught Eve how to eat the fruit that grows on the tree (or rather in the bush) at the center of the garden.
And Eve taught Adam how to eat it too.
And they became shy of their unclothedness after eating the fruit..

The Story of the fall of Man is a parable..
It was actually the story of the first sexual intercourse.
So when they Lord allegedly told them that can eat from every other fruit from the garden except the tree of life , he was telling them that they can have sex with monkeys , baboons , hippopotamus etc except with themselves ?

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by benji93: 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2021
The choices you make are informed by what you know or believe or lack thereof, so yes they can be limited. If you think not, i do not know how to help you here. This means even in our world as we constantly interact, we don't entirely have free will. So with respect to God, we can simply define freewill as our choice to worship him and do what's right. Again i say you are not well-grounded. You don't seem to know that knowing all possibilities and their outcomes is great knowledge. You must think all knowledge must be determinate. This is not to say God pre-determines or determines, just pointing out that even in the kingdom of men knowing even some possibilities and their outcomes with certainty/probabilities is a lot of knowledge. You obviously did not get my Quantum Physics analogy. I used it as an example of free will and knowing all possibilities coexisting, nothing more. The last i checked Quantum Physics in all its incompleteness does a good job at prediction. Quantum Physics is quite different here cos it assigns probabilities to each possibility so that it tells you that on average this will be the result, and if you in fact repeat the experiment a number of times large enough, your result would fit Quatum Physics reasonably at least in the purview it operates in. My opinion of "God knowing all possibilities" on the other hand means he could know for certain what will happen if you do this, which is more deterministic. I am not even saying this is the case.
Techguy96:

If the choice we make are limited then it's not freewill.
My child wants to eat rice but I have him two options, beans or yam. I know he's either going to choose beans or yam, that's definitely not freewill.
Donts even use that quantum physics analogy for me, u ain't talking to a dummy here. There are times when the outcome are totally different from the number of things u have predicted. Secondly in quantum physics the possible outcome are predicted or guess, not known. If u use this quantum physics analogy to relate to God, u can simply say God doesn't know our outcome but just guess n predict which will not always be right.

I should be asking you what God plan is because u are the believer here.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
You didn't read something, yet you already know it's a lie You can believe what you want to, it's not by force to do what you do not want to. Peace
Exactly! It was already judged a lie by Jesus Christ over 2000 years ago. undecided

The only Truth of God is the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, the standard as far as God's Truth is concerned. Everything else is a lie and that is what Jesus Christ taught all of His followers. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by blazepascal(m): 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:

are you in support with the o.p??
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by blazepascal(m): 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:

are you in support with the o.p??...
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
blazepascal:
are you in support with the o.p??
What does he need support for? He asked questions using the brain that God designed and gave him to use for that very purpose. Are you here trying to give the devil credit for God's work? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Have You Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Notable Miracle? / Lady Becomes Homeless After Sowing Her House Rent As Seed To Pastor / Which Type Of Marriage Does God Recognise? Traditional, Court Or Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.