Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,260 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. (29115 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / My Confusion About The Claims of Islam / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by kingxsamz(m): 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
siofra:

What about black magic or juju I've seen it happen before my very eyes what's the explanation for that kind of thing?

Lol, do you know the kind of tricks certain magicians can do? In other countries, they'd call it a trick, in Nigeria they'll say it's JuJu and it's supernatural. Check out Babs Cardini on Instagram, he's a Nigerian teenager. You'd wonder how he makes money float or turns paper to money. Meanwhile, it's all tricks.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
udoji2021

Read up Seventh day Adventist and Jehovah Witness articles on Hell, then you'll see why such a thing cannot exist, even without discrediting the Bible authority.
So never mind that Jesus Christ declared to His followers, and even in so many parables too, that eternal damnation is result of refusal to obey Him by those who pretend to be His, your books and articles are authorities to refute Jesus Christ's own claims and God's Truth? undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by livingchrist: 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
God's love is demonstrated in that he provided a solution to our sin problem, yet we need to make a choice to either accept or reject it.

God's provision is Jesus christ, Jesus christ is the solution to our sin problem and to have eternal life.

Now God provision is in line with his character, he carried our sin, yes God allowed Jesus carry our sin because

1. he was capable and we are incapable, it was God's mercy that somebody volunteered to take our place.

2. Jesus volunteered, he was not force, look at it this way shock absorber are fixed in car to take the force that our body suppose to take or brake it down, so in nature something or someone can take the consequences of someone else, how much more God.

3. Jesus is the son of God, he only understand to infinity the ways of God.

God's justice cannot be removed but someone else can take it, this is the secret of animal sacrifice.

But whatever should be used as replacement must meet the conditions again that is why the sacrifice in leventicus and other books of moses was so detailed, the animals were specific and must be perfect and even the priest must be ceremonially clean and there must not be any mistake whatsoever. Yet all these fall short of the requirement to take away sins forever.
Only Jesus meet the requirement, now imagine how holy, perfect and righteous Jesus is? And the details of his sacrifice?

It took four books of the gospel to record it, yet if everything about Jesus is written the whole world can not contain it.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by chaloskyx: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2021
YOU ARE RIGHT THERE IS NO LIFE AFTER DEATH NO HEAVEN AND NO GOD THE SCRIPTURES ARE JUST MADE UP STORIES TO PUT HUMANITY IN CHECK IF IT GOES OUT THAT NOTHING IN THE SCRIPTURE IS REAL THERE WOULD BE CHAOS AS LIFE WOULD NOT BE WORTH LIVING FOR WHAT KEEPS MOST OF HUMANITY SANE AND IN GOOD STANDING WITH THE LAW IF THE GOAL TO REACH HEAVEN OR BE IN GOOD STANDING WITH THE LORD AFTER DEATH WITHOUT THAT MAN WOULD BE VIOLENT AND A VERY HOSTILE COMPETITION WOULD BEGIN WITH EVERYONE FIGHTING TO HAVE EARTHS RICHES.

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Ever8090: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
The Christian concept of a god has failed all test and if everyone should be sincere, we know he doesn’t exist. They are just trying hard to hold on to the lies in the stories by concocting more lies.

People will always feel threatened when you tell them their god doesn’t exist even when you present overwhelming evidence. That’s how dogmatism work.

The Christian description of a god is laughable, illogical, ridiculous and overwhelmingly irrational. It doesn’t agree with anything in reality.
your ability to type this alone is enough evidence of God..but you are free to hold unto your beliefs..
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2021
Igbojihadist:
or he should have kill adam and eve and creat new generation
Adam and Eve, knew the weight of breaking the Law of the land of Eden, and they still chose Death - Genesis 2 vs 15 -17 - for themselves and all their offsprings, and God did give them their choice - Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by hupernikao: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
TripleOh7:

When I say contradictions, I meant the scriptures not the teachers.

For example, Christians believe Jesus is God.

Compare the old Testament God with the new Testament God.

The old Testament God who caused bears to tear little kids into pieces because they laughed at a prophet's bald head.

Compare to Jesus who welcomes little kids, embraces them and tells his disciples that it is little kids as such that the Kingdom of heaven is meant for.

Look at the Quran that says in one part to not forcefully convert anyone to Islam but also says that if you kill someone of another faith during a Jihad your place in heaven is guaranteed. (I might need to reconfirm this but I'm just paraphrasing)

The Quran encourages husbands to beat their wives. Etc.

But it says a man with multiple wives must treat each one equally.

What you wrote above are already your own interpretation. Hence you just proved what adeshna said. That the contradiction is in interpretation. When you read the Bible the way it is written, you wont see differently.

A text in any literature must carry the intent of its author as the true interpretation. Until that intent is known, study is yet to finish.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
If i may ask, what do you term enjoyment?
Is it living a sinful, reckless and wayward that is enjoyment to you?

Now, remember that those who live their lives anyhow don't usually end well. So, if that's what this all about, you better have a rethink otherwise try it and see.

Some people don't even know what the grace of God is doing for them and the covering they enjoy being children of God until they lose it.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
benji93:
First bolded: Omniscience-meaning God knows everything could easily mean he knows the result of all possibilities. It doesn't necessarily mean he has pre-determined a possibility. That is he allows for all possibilities, but he knows the outcome of each one of them, which means free will can still be accommodated. Now i am not saying this is the case, but this is a perspective that takes in both the Omniscient status of God and the free-will of man.
"Omni" means All and "scient" meanings knowing. God does indeed know all things, and not simply the results of all possibilities. undecided

Imagine yourself a programmer, programming a world such a ours. Do you not see how it does not pay to be blind to even a sneeze? If you a human can see this need, what makes you think God did not perfectly plan His own system? undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Cabble4(m): 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
The Christian concept of a god has failed all test and if everyone should be sincere, we know he doesn’t exist. They are just trying hard to hold on to the lies in the stories by concocting more lies.

People will always feel threatened when you tell them their god doesn’t exist even when you present overwhelming evidence. That’s how dogmatism work.

The Christian description of a god is laughable, illogical, ridiculous and overwhelmingly irrational. It doesn’t agree with anything in reality.
*I admire your drive to sound enlightened. As said, the Bible doesn't make sense at all. There is no correlation or alignment about the bible looking at it from a logical perspective which you are coming from. But, I must stress, the Bible and God Almighty didn't make it possible to be understood with human wisdom because they are foolishness to Him. So, I agree with your submission that, you couldn't find or see God. However, a day is coming when all eyes shall see him, even you will eat your words, Revelation: 1:7.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by emaseriki: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Here is to clear your confusion.
1. God created man, and that man is a spirit which is genderless. Then he made an earth suit for him called to body adaptable to the earth realm. So when a man dies, his body return to where it comes from and also the spirit. Remember the spirit called man which God created has a soul and when a man dies it is his soul that will be judged and not his spirit because his spirit will return to it's maker.
2. God knows before hand all happenings both in heaven and on earth but the beings he created are not robot: he gave them the WILL to do as they pleased.
3. Those that didn't hear about God (Christ) will be judged according to their conduct (conscience).

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by OloshoMan: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lol my own be say even if God dey exist, I've already concluded that I'm not worshipping the foolish Yahweh
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Adam and Eve, knew the weight of breaking the Law of the land of Eden, and they still chose Death - Genesis 2 vs 15 -17 - for themselves and all their offsprings, and God did give them their choice - Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19. undecided
And God knew their choices before he made them. grin
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2021
hupernikao:

What you wrote above are already your own interpretation. Hence you just proved what adeshna said. That the contradiction is in interpretation. When you read the Bible the way it is written, you wont see differently.

A text in any literature must carry the intent of its author as the true interpretation. Until that intent is known, study is yet to finish.

So, what interpretation would you give to the Bible narrative that the prophet called on God and God sent bears to tear a bunch of kids to pieces?

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by iceking4(m): 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
udoji2021:
I have been thinking about this lately and decide to share it here. Don't get me fellas, I'm a Christian and believe in God and his son Jesus Christ

BUT

It is believe that God created the world and knows what happened before, what is happening presently and what will happen later till the end of time. This brings me question on why he allowed Satan to decieve man, why was he also angry since He knew beforehand of what will happen? Then the consequent punishment, was it really justified?

The most confusing part to me now is life after death. I personally believe that there is heaven and hell right from my childhood days until one guy (Jehovah witness) told me that there is nothing like hell, he went on that even heaven is for a specific number of choose people and not for everyone, above all, he said that when one dies, your own is finished and you are not gonna go anywhere. Simply put, your body and spirit will die.

I nearly insulted him for spewing such rubbish but many years after, I'm beginning to think think twice about this issue.
Now, imagine suffering in this life for all the days of your life only to meet death (body and spirit),

My question is;

1) why not just enjoy your life even if it means doing bad things to enjoy life?
If you can't enjoy life, why not kill yourself and rest to avoid the sufferings?

2) Even if there is life after death, what if there is no suffering cos God may decide to give everyone peace after death.

3) Those that didn't hear anything about God, what is their fate?

4) which of the scriptures is to be trusted?

May God forgive my ignorance if what I just wrote is bad and punishable.

Evening brother just went through your question, needed to say a thing or more.
First of all, I want you to eliminate mere physical intelligence in analyzing the things of God, God is spirit and it takes spiritual intelligence to unvey the things of God.

Back to your question...
Having acknowledged that there's a God that created all things its good and the first step in knowing him. God is the alpha and the omega (meaning first and the last) the all knowing God. It means he knows everything, even what is yet to occur. God created man and a gave him a WILL( ability to choose) not because he wanted man to fail but because of the love he has for man ( as against other animals) and he also made man the god of d earth. Even though he knew there's a possibility for man to fail he couldn't step in because of the power he has given to man on the earth ( power of Will and dominion) that was why he gave man adequate instructions to avoid the dangers ahead but man failed himself ( because of greed to have more) . for as much as there's a possibility to fail, there's also a bigger possibility to be that that God wanted man to be, but man choose the wrong path.

Concerning life after death is only a display of God's JUSTICE , after that man has failed. Man was never intended to experience the justice nature of God, justice was meant for the devil. But man has taken the nature of the devil after the fall. God's love for man since time memorial can never be questioned. For God is love.

John 3:16 psalm 8: 1-

Shalom !!!!
Ask the Holy spirit to help your infirmities, only him can reveal the hidden things of God.

3 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by ikes9(m): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2021
God knows everything,both the beginning and the end, but he gives us free will
When God put Adam and Eve in the garden ,and also put the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil,He didn't put it there to tempt man or anything like that ,He gave man simple instructions and also the consequences of going against such instructions,it was left to them to DECIDE ,and Man made their choice and you can see the consequences surely followed
Now to answer your questions(and don't think they're invalid,you just seek clarity and that's good)

1. You don't have to do bad things to ENJOY life, the question you should ask is WHAT IS LIFE ABOUT
When God met Moses in the burning bush in Exodus 3:14 God told Moses ,I AM THAT I AM
Life is meant to be lived from God,when you meet someone and you want to introduce yourself or say how you feel,you start with "I am... I am... I am...." Right?? What does that tell you? We are meant to live life from God, because God is life,what you see people doing here is just a poor imitation of what life is,and that's why Christ came to die for us, because as Christians we're in Christ and Christ is in us

2. There is definitely a life after death,read the gospels of the New testament, Christ talked about hell many times,and that's why He came to die for us,to save us from hell and the lake of fire (the second death)
One thing I've come to notice about most Christians is that they fail to read the Bible literally,they translate or read it figuratively

3. Every body has a moral compass (the conscience) ,and honestly I don't really know

The thing with the devil is,he tries to tell you there are no consequences at all(same thing he told Adam and Eve) ,he whispers into your ears that you can do WHATEVER you want to do,and nothing will happen
Well beloved something will definitely happen,and what will happen is dependent on our actions and most importantly what side we're on
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by BananaPeel(m): 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2021
tujays:
I was born in a Christian Family, I mean my mother be like she and jesus relate coz of the way she carry the thing for head. right from childhood, I never felt convinced about the stories in the bible. sometimes after morning devotion I ask my mom a lot of stories in the bible that logically doesn't add up. The answer I get from my mom Is, don't ask too many silly questions so god wont be mad at you. just follow what the bible tells you. the bible says a lot of stories that seems like fairy tale. I never took Christianity seriously even tho I strongly believe there's a creator which Is god. I believe the concept of a god is misunderstood by Christians and Muslims alike. I lived In Asia for so many years, and learned a lot from their believe system which is mostly Buddhism. these people live a modest life and preach goodness. they believe every life on earth is Important Including animals. they believe the main purpose of life is to help each other grow and evolve. at least If you cant help people don't harm them. even though they believe your good deeds on earth determines your next life. with that being said compare to Nigeria where we pray and pray and pray. why then Is our society very disgusting and filled with bitter and evil humans even those who claims to be messengers of god? To me the main purpose of life is to be happy, enjoy your life, do good to every living thing Including Animals. It's the number of lives you have touched that will give you great happiness in your dying bed. as for Christianity matter. logic and Christianity or Islam doesn't go hand in hand.
It's either your mum didn't study the scriptures or you refused to learn.
Many of us feel those around us is the standard for measuring Christianity. Read the gospel and see the life of Christ and you will understand what Christianity is.

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Peppysco: 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
Christianity in Nigeria and many parts of Africa came with the colonial masters, who all came to kill, steal, rape and subdued our forefathers. And in order to keep them in check, they imposed their own foreign religion on the locals and also did everything possible to dehumanize their own local religions.
Truth of the matter is, if Africa was the first to develop among the other continents, then, African countries could have colonized the foreign countries and also imposed their own local religions on the whites.
Secondly, there are so many irregularities and conflicting and inhuman events I find in the bible.
1. Thou shall not kill, but the bible reports that God asked Israelites to go kill all the inhabitants of a particular place and take over the place. Many christians still find a way to defend this but, isn't this conflicting?
2. David was a man after God's heart, despite all the crazy things that guy did. Guy even killed a man in order to take his wife, yet, he is highly revered by christians today but when you do that in this modern time, the same people are the first to tell you hell fire is waiting for you.
3. Jacob conned his brother to take the rightful blessings of his brother from the father, yet, they still hold him to high esteem when they refer to him in their preachings. What is the difference between Jacob and a random yahoo boy if I may ask?
4. King Saul was asked to kill all the living things in a particular place, including little children, I mean, who would even ask someone to do that. Even in modern day warfare, there's something called rules of engagement but where was that in the instructon given to Saul?
Many more to talk about but I'm sure you guys have more to add.
NOTE: You're never going to see the Righteousness guy here on this thread cos he has no answer to whatever questions you all have

6 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by JohnBullMySon: 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So never mind that Jesus Christ declared to His followers, and even in so many parables too, that eternal damnation is result of refusal to obey Him by those who pretend to be His, your books and articles are authorities to refute Jesus Christ's own claims and God's Truth? undecided
Did you read the article? If not, then keep quiet and don't conclude on what you didn't read. Okay?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Obakashdee(m): 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
emaseriki:
1. God created man, and that man is a spirit which is genderless. Then he made an earth suit for him called to body adaptable to the earth realm. So when a man dies, his body return to where it comes from and also the spirit. Remember the spirit called man which God created has a soul and when a man dies it is his soul that will be judged and not his spirit because his spirit will return to it's maker.
2. God knows before hand all happenings both in heaven and on earth but the beings he created are not robot: he gave them the WILL to do as they pleased.
3. Those that didn't hear about God (Christ) will be judged according to their conduct (conscience).

According to your number 2, he doesn’t know everything then since I have free will and I can do all I l want to or does he know what I want to do already?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Mekas2016(m): 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
Interesting
udoji2021:
I have been thinking about this lately and decide to share it here. Don't get me fellas, I'm a Christian and believe in God and his son Jesus Christ

BUT

It is believe that God created the world and knows what happened before, what is happening presently and what will happen later till the end of time. This brings me question on why he allowed Satan to decieve man, why was he also angry since He knew beforehand of what will happen? Then the consequent punishment, was it really justified?

The most confusing part to me now is life after death. I personally believe that there is heaven and hell right from my childhood days until one guy (Jehovah witness) told me that there is nothing like hell, he went on that even heaven is for a specific number of choose people and not for everyone, above all, he said that when one dies, your own is finished and you are not gonna go anywhere. Simply put, your body and spirit will die.

I nearly insulted him for spewing such rubbish but many years after, I'm beginning to think think twice about this issue.
Now, imagine suffering in this life for all the days of your life only to meet death (body and spirit),

My question is;

1) why not just enjoy your life even if it means doing bad things to enjoy life?
If you can't enjoy life, why not kill yourself and rest to avoid the sufferings?

2) Even if there is life after death, what if there is no suffering cos God may decide to give everyone peace after death.

3) Those that didn't hear anything about God, what is their fate?

4) which of the scriptures is to be trusted?

May God forgive my ignorance if what I just wrote is bad and punishable.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
emaseriki:
1. God created man a physical being from the clay of thai physical earth - mind, souls and body. The only part of Him that is not of this world is the breath of life from God, the spirit. So, when the first man was condemned by his choice, God defined that Death would entire the destruction of Man's physical aspects - mind, body and soul - Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19. So when man dies in his unbelief as Adam did, man is returned to dust from which he was made .I.e. he ceases to exist and becomes nothing. undecided

3. Those who die in their unbelief were judged since Adam and so there is no other judgment for them other than the judgment met them by God from Adam. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
Techguy96:

It's not possible for God to know if outcome of all things if he gave us freewill.
The freewill means we make out choice ourselves and God doesn't know the choice we will take. If God knows then it's not freewill.
If u say God doesn't pre-determine, it simply means God has no plan, but u Christians keep shouting God's plan everyday.
Why is not possible for God to know the outcome of all things if He gave man freewill? undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Jetrue3oo: 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:

Which stand on God has not failed you because
I have seen God face to face
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by kingxsamz(m): 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2021
Rahkman:
For god so love the world that he gave his only son.... does it even make sense grin you mean you love the world so much u send ur only son to be killed by them so that u will forgive them ... isn’t it funny?

grin grin grin left Satan alone (who's actually the cause of the problem) and drowned the whole world. When that didn't work, he sent his son to be killed by the same humans he drowned in order to forgive them for what Satan had caused instead of just killing Satan. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Ever8090: 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
First of all, I will address your topic. Is it not laughable to think that an omniscient being gives freewill?
How can freewill and omniscience be compatible?
In reality, there’s no evidence for spirits, it’s a lie that dogmatists hold on to even when they cannot prove it.

Your religion is a function of mainly where you were born, how you were bred and the kind of people that influenced your life. There’s nothing divine about it.

We have more than 4,000 religions and every single one of them think theirs is the truth. For someone who was born in IRaq, he thinks that someone born in southeast Nigeria, who’s most likely going to be a Christian will go to hell. It’s vice-versa.

And the lies goes on, we that are irreligious see all these and just allow you people paddle your boats of self-deceit and delusion.
you only said something but did not provide evidence that there is no spiritually.
First of all, you should convince yourself that you came into this life through male and female with perfect respective reproductive organs with specific functions, perfect body futurs such as the fingers you used in holding your phone to type those things you like typing to rubbish the existence of a designer.
You put food in a hole on your face, with teeths perfectly positioned to chew the food, a passage to take the food down into the sack for digestion to retrieve substance that nourish the body for you to continue existing to display this ignorance you call sense, after digestion, there is an outlet to discharge the waste and make way for new food..
Ha..I don't want to go futher I just wish you can be rational enough to ponder on this alone, if you need more material to help you consider your Stands about God I will gladly do...but if you insist that all this organised themselves by mistake, then it will be almost impossible to help you
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Igbojihadist: 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
offsprings that were not yet born as of then and why didnt GOD terminate the tree since he knows the tree is evil
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
perezeghi:

With regards to the bold......
Yes, you believe in God and His son Jesus Christ but with doubts in your heart/mind/spirit!!!!

To be a christian is to be Christ-Like(Like Christ). No one can claim such because he/she is birthed by earthly parents or attends church regularly. To be a christian is to be born again. Because if one is not born again that individual can never become a christian.

As regards bold 2.........

1 Thessalonians 5:21(Living Bible)
[21]but test everything that is said to be sure it is true, and if it is, then accept it.

If it's only the belief that heaven and hell is real that you trust and know that if you are truly born again(christian) that you'll be with Christ Jesus after your time on earth......then that is enough. It's better one knows little and his salvation is guaranteed than to know much and by so doing miss heaven.

Shalom.
According to Jesus Christ, no one can enter into the Kingdom of God without first being born again - John 3 vs 1 - 10. And He also said that there are two gates into this Kingdom of God - the broad gate which leads to Hell and the narrow gate which leads to Heaven - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14. So,clearly, it is not enough to be born-again. One must ensure he walks In through the narrow gate in order to enter into the door that leads to Heaven, a door which only a few will find. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by kingxsamz(m): 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
Edusouls:
God doesn’t exist, but you exist abi? How did you start existing, born and grew up and still living? then u come here to spew rubbish, Because God that made ur existence possible have not taken ur pathetic, foolish foolish life away, because u re just equivalent to animals that roam the space..

Are you going to cry now? Why not carry guns to his house and kill him since you're triggered that he doesn't believe in your god?

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Bullman(m): 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
Workch:
First of all, I will address your topic. Is it not laughable to think that an omniscient being gives freewill?
How can freewill and omniscience be compatible?
In reality, there’s no evidence for spirits, it’s a lie that dogmatists hold on to even when they cannot prove it.

Your religion is a function of mainly where you were born, how you were bred and the kind of people that influenced your life. There’s nothing divine about it.

We have more than 4,000 religions and every single one of them think theirs is the truth. For someone who was born in IRaq, he thinks that someone born in southeast Nigeria, who’s most likely going to be a Christian will go to hell. It’s vice-versa.

And the lies goes on, we that are irreligious see all these and just allow you people paddle your boats of self-deceit and delusion.

Too much wisdom will not kill you. wink
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by PotatoSalad(m): 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
VULCAN:
This is another one of those wicked ones who deep down are scared that the life they are living will lead them to hell so they deny God.

Whether or not you believed in your mother when you were in her womb.

Eventually you met her.

The same shall it be again.

You will exit this world someday and then no one will listen to what you believe.

It's a discussion, face the question, not the author.
It's like attacking a lady's promiscuous life cos she asked how to cook some certain meals.
Desist from whataboutery
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by doggedfighter(f): 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
NewDawn2O21:
no wonder your father died on Friday.
Maybe if you were a believer it wouldn't have happened yet

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are clown

And a proof that religion decapitates common sense grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Which Type Of Marriage Does God Recognise? Traditional, Court Or Church? / Have You Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Notable Miracle? / 10 Types Of People We Meet After Church Dismissal (hilarious)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.