Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,391 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? (2851 Views)

Sincere Adherents Of Abrahamic Religions, Why Bother? / Fun Game For Everyone! Come Laugh At Other Religions. Who Wins? / Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2021
I’m curious, why do you think your religion is the truth and the remainder 4,199 are false?

4 Likes

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
The only problem threatening the existence of man on this planet today is Politics. Men have destroyed lives and properties worth billions of dollars all because they want to rule over their fellowman.
So the truth religion should be able to address this issue, bring all it's adherents together under one umbrella, resolve all political and racial prejudice causing wars and genocides, erase the use of weapons from the heart of it's adherents, replace it with dialogue which will eventually make all it's adherents to embrace one another from one end of the earth to the other so that instead of spending billions of dollars to build destructive weapons they will divert their resources to production of food! Micah 4:1-3
My religion has successfully done this so that throughout the earth none of my brothers and sisters in the faith beleives in the use of weapons to resolve issues anymore!
That's why i believe (trust) that if there is God somewhere and He wants people to worship Him my religion is what God Himself arranged to solve mankind's problems! smiley

Workch:

I’m curious, why do you think your religion is the truth and the remainder 4,199 are false?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
All religions have rites and creeds, Christianity stands out in that it is only religion that gives credible origin of creation, traced human existence to the first pair, accurately tells us the reason for suffering, and solution to it. It accurately predicts the programme of the world: past, present, and future. The only religion that his key figure promised resurrection and demonstrated it. While others tell about principles and laws: Christianity demonstrates laws and principles in practical, acceptable way. It is the most criticised, yet waxing strong, transforming individuals and nations.
Christianity is the only true religion.

1 Like

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2021
MightySparrow:
All religions have rites and creeds, Christianity stands out in that it is only religion that gives credible origin of creation, traced human existence to the first pair, accurately tells us the reason for suffering, and solution to it. It accurately predicts the programme of the world: past, present, and future. The only religion that his key figure promised resurrection and demonstrated it. While others tell about principles and laws: Christianity demonstrates laws and principles in practical, acceptable way. It is the most criticised, yet waxing strong, transforming individuals and nations.
Whats do you mean by credible origin of creation?
I’m sure you know that there’s no single evidence for genesis.

2 Likes

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 10:40pm On Jul 02, 2021
Workch:
Whats do you mean by credible origin of creation?
I’m sure you know that there’s no single evidence for genesis.
What are your evidences against Genesis?

1 Like

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2021
MightySparrow:
What are your evidences against Genesis?
That is not how burden of proof works?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 3:30am On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
That is not how burden of proof works?
Meaning?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:37am On Jul 03, 2021
Have you noticed how the atheist avoided my post?
That's what Jehovah means when He said:

"No weapon formed against you will have any success, And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of Jehovah, And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah! Isaiah 54:17

For your information, this is not just a mere discussion as it may seem to you, these are the spiritual missiles Satan is aiming towards your heart in order to kill your faith! Ephesians 6:16

So if your so called faith is not grounded on solid rock it will be blown away like mere dust {Matthew 7:24-27}

That's what has brought you so low to the point of asking such questions as "Why would God kill Jesus and not the Devil?" so don't think this is just one of those delusions my friend, with the way you're threading you will soon loose faith in the Bible.

The one and only proof Satan can't refute is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization, with this group Satan's tactics failed because everything God promised regarding His people is there within the group. Just imagine the atheist put up a post i presented the proof he demanded but he pretended as if he didn't see my post and concentrated on you who is already in doubt as to the authenticity of God's word!

Well i wish you survive it anyway, but i doubt if you will because without JW Organization there is no evidence again to prove that God exists! smiley

MightySparrow:
Meaning?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 5:49am On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:
Meaning?
meaning that I can’t claim to have put a small teaspoon in orbit around the sun, somewhere between earth and mars, that a telescope cannot see then ask you to prove that the teaspoon is not there. The burden of proof is on me.

Genesis made several claims, the onus is on those peddling that claim to prove it not me disproving it. You can’t disprove something that has not been proven.

That’s why the word is called “disprove”, it must have been proven first.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 9:11am On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
meaning that I can’t claim to have put a small teaspoon in orbit around the sun, somewhere between earth and mars, that a telescope cannot see then ask you to prove that the teaspoon is not there. The burden of proof is on me.

Genesis made several claims, the onus is on those peddling that claim to prove it not me disproving it. You can’t disprove something that has not been proven.

That’s why the word is called “disprove”, it must have been proven first.

What exactly has science proved? All we study in science are theories. Theory, means the truth is not known. Then you make a model with logic, formula, or diagrams etc. Amy breakthrough in a science is a new question. The search is endless. If I understand your position. The Christian faith has definitely defined it's facts and are not subjected to new facts. Science has not in any way disproved the Bible, rather, Bible people are the exponents of science. Good portion great minds in science has their roots in Christian faith or Judaism
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 9:22am On Jul 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Have you noticed how the atheist avoided my post?
That's what Jehovah means when He said:

"No weapon formed against you will have any success, And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of Jehovah, And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah! Isaiah 54:17

For your information, this is not just a mere discussion as it may seem to you, these are the spiritual missiles Satan is aiming towards your heart in order to kill your faith! Ephesians 6:16

So if your so called faith is not grounded on solid rock it will be blown away like mere dust {Matthew 7:24-27}

That's what has brought you so low to the point of asking such questions as "Why would God kill Jesus and not the Devil?" so don't think this is just one of those delusions my friend, with the way you're threading you will soon loose faith in the Bible.

The one and only proof Satan can't refute is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization, with this group Satan's tactics failed because everything God promised regarding His people is there within the group. Just imagine the atheist put up a post i presented the proof he demanded but he pretended as if he didn't see my post and concentrated on you who is already in doubt as to the authenticity of God's word!

Well i wish you survive it anyway, but i doubt if you will because without JW Organization there is no evidence again to prove that God exists! smiley

I can see you are just zealous about your new found faith. With those of you around me here, I almost conclude, JWs represent Satan himself. The product of the organization. Just tout your belief. That would be alright. You have tried to have left the army for your belief. You know I reiterate' delusion' in my posts. Just be happy with your dogma brother / neighbour.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 9:28am On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

What exactly has science proved? All we study in science are theories. Theory, means the truth is not known. Then you make a model with logic, formula, or diagrams etc. Amy breakthrough in a science is a new question. The search is endless. If I understand your position. The Christian faith has definitely defined it's facts and are not subjected to new facts. Science has not in any way disproved the Bible, rather, Bible people are the exponents of science. Good portion great minds in science has their roots in Christian faith or Judaism
i find it hilarious that you come on internet to ask what science has proven through a mobile phone when these two technologies are products of several scientific theories.

I also think it’s funny that you don’t know that all “scientific theories” have facts. Should I educate you again on the difference between a “conventional theory” and a “scientific theory”?

The Christian Faith is a faith and not evidence or fact, it’s what people believe in like the belief in unicorns and Flying Spaghetti Monster. They are not proven facts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 9:44am On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
i find it hilarious that you come on internet to ask what science has proven through a mobile phone when these two technologies are products of several scientific theories.

I also think it’s funny that you don’t know that all “scientific theories” have facts. Should I educate you again on the difference between a “conventional theory” and a “scientific theory”?

The Christian Faith is a faith and not evidence or fact, it’s what people believe in like the belief in unicorns and Flying Spaghetti Monster. They are not proven facts
Science and technology are related but not actually the same. Science atimes, takes thinking to the abstract. Technology, takes reasonable portion of scientific findings to make human comfortable. For instance, the figure infinity, negative numbers are real tools of science, not of technology. Technology doesn't run on theories, but things that can be related with.
So, to a large extent, science still express faith in theories, and conjectures. Jesus promised resurrection and demonstrated it. Christianity is evidence, if you like because of creed, it is also faith.

1 Like

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2021
Your problem is just the same that Adam and Eve had:

You don't want to worship (bow) to anyone but yourself!

You just want to do things your own way but at the same time you want to be recognized as a believer in the Supreme Being (God) since majority of your neighbours are saying one thing or another about God so you don't want to be left out. Once you notice that majority are turning against the idea of a Supreme Being you too will follow them.
Well the atheists are waiting for you as there's just a tin line between you and them. Soon you will find yourself disproving God's word, this is just the beginning! smiley

MightySparrow:

I can see you are just zealous about your new found faith. With those of you around me here, I almost conclude, JWs represent Satan himself. The product of the organization. Just tout your belief. That would be alright. You have tried to have left the army for your belief. You know I reiterate' delusion' in my posts. Just be happy with your dogma brother / neighbour.

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 10:08am On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:
Science and technology are related but not actually the same. Science atimes, takes thinking to the abstract. Technology, takes reasonable portion of scientific findings to make human comfortable. For instance, the figure infinity, negative numbers are real tools of science, not of technology. Technology doesn't run on theories, but things that can be related with.
So, to a large extent, science still express faith in theories, and conjectures. Jesus promised resurrection and demonstrated it. Christianity is evidence, if you like because of creed, it is also faith.
Lol, technology is the application of science.

You can’t build say internet without applying theory of electromagnetic spectrum.

You can build GPS technology without theory of relativity.

You can send people to space without theory gravity.

You can’t make antibiotics without theory of evolution.
I’m deeply concerned that you don’t know this, we need to improve science education in Nigeria.
I think you should spend more time reading up stuffs before arguing. The essence of argument is to learn and not to win.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:
No faith in science, science is an evidence based discipline and whatever you say there, without evidence it doesn’t make any sense. Just provide evidence for creation and stop committing the tu quoque fallacy. You can be a scientist and say a lot or jargons, it only holds water if you have evidence, this is not the case with faith

All these your statements is derail the aim that no evidence for creation
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Ola17: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

lol.

You ended up helping the OP make his points without him lifting a finger.

I tire for una matter.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by kingxsamz(m): 11:04am On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

Lol, rest, adherents of other religions will also say the same thing. So this one na long story. There's nothing credible about a woman being made by some elderly white man who lives in the clouds, from the ribs of a man who was made from dust. grin
And no, it's not waxing strong. More like it's dividing in 10 different paths. That's why you have different churches with different doctrines. Here is your fellow Christian brethren calling his fellow church goers "blind flock". Even most of you don't agree with MaxInDHouse. Confusion. grin

MightySparrow:

JWs represent Satan himself.

I said it. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MJBOLT: 11:23am On Jul 03, 2021
these religious zombies are something else,you cannot prove your religion to be the true one then you attack science using tools that were created through science grin

4 Likes

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 11:30am On Jul 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, rest, adherents of other religions will also say the same thing. So this one na long story. There's nothing credible about a woman being made by some elderly white man who lives in the clouds, from the ribs of a man who was made from dust. grin
And no, it's not waxing strong. More like it's dividing in 10 different paths. That's why you have different churches with different doctrines. Here is your fellow Christian brethren calling his fellow church goers "blind flock". Even most of you don't agree with MaxInDHouse. Confusion. grin

I said it. grin grin
Good observation. in a big house, there are many characters. christianity is the one religion others copy.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by KnownUnknown: 11:37am On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:
Good observation. in a big house, there are many characters. christianity is the one religion others copy.

Up is down. Right is left. A Microcosm of Christian thought.

Ptah is the creator god of the Memphite theology. Self-generated, Ptah, the god of the primeval mound (Tatenen), created by thinking of things in his heart and then naming them by means of his tongue. This is referred to as Logos creation, when copied in the Biblical "in the beginning was the Word (Logos)" [John 1:1].

1 Like

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by KnownUnknown: 11:41am On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

A religion so absurd even its deity is stolen. What is Christianity without Judaism and Yahweh? A mish mash of nonsense calling itself original!

5 Likes

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by kingxsamz(m): 11:47am On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

There are many characters?
More like there are many conflicts
How is a house united when each occupant is against the other? All I see is confusion coming from a group of people who claim to be led by the same god.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 11:48am On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
No faith in science, science is an evidence based discipline and whatever you say there, without evidence it doesn’t make any sense. Just provide evidence for creation and stop committing the tu quoque fallacy. You can be a scientist and say a lot or jargons, it only holds water if you have evidence, this is not the case with faith

All these your statements is derail the aim that no evidence for creation
HAS science produced any evidence? If you undersand science, it always discovering. The question is, who created what you are studying? Has science claimed to know the creator? Is big bang theory a truth about creation, in the field of science, it is still a big debate, it shall continue like that. Jesus has come to boldly say 'verily, verily' no more research. Chrisianity is the last bus stop of truth.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 11:53am On Jul 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

There are many characters?
More like there are many conflicts
How is a house united when each occupant is against the other? All I see is confusion coming from a group of people who claim to be led by the same god.
To it is confusion, to us there are varieties. everyone acting his role to make the whole beautiful.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 11:58am On Jul 03, 2021
KnownUnknown:

A religion so absurd even its deity is stolen. What is Christianity without Judaism and Yahweh? A mish mash of nonsense calling itself original!
No Sir, the judaists refused to understand the programme of God. He simply change the players not the game.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Up is down. Right is left. A Microcosm of Christian thought.

Ptah is the creator god of the Memphite theology. Self-generated, Ptah, the god of the primeval mound (Tatenen), created by thinking of things in his heart and then naming them by means of his tongue. This is referred to as Logos creation, when copied in the Biblical "in the beginning was the Word (Logos)" [John 1:1].
?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2021
Ola17:

lol.
You ended up helping the OP make his points without him lifting a finger.
I tire for una matter.
?!
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:05pm On Jul 03, 2021
The truth is that all the religionists on the planet are not in agreement even within the same sect!
The only group of people united and peaceful globally is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, ask him to tell you the name of his church and try to find out if there is agreement between him and his fellow adherents of the same sect.
Of course they're ashamed to mention the name of their religions because once they are not truly Jesus' followers they can never agree on what is virtuous, politicians will come into their midst to instigate them against members of the same sect in other lands! Luke 11:23

So if you're talking about Max know that all the members of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization throughout the earth share the same line of thought! 1Corinthians 1:10 smiley

kingxsamz:

Even most of you don't agree with MaxInDHouse. Confusion.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by kingxsamz(m): 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:
To it is confusion, to us there are varieties. everyone acting his role to make the whole beautiful.

How is it really beautiful? grin
You literally said "Jehovah witness represents Satan himself". grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

May be they are not in big picture.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

I think you are one of them. the

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should A Good Christian Be Playing "baba Ijebu" Or Lotto? / Solution To Homosexual Has Now Been Discovered! / How Atheism Came To Be(a Reply And A Topic).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.