Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? (2915 Views)

Sincere Adherents Of Abrahamic Religions, Why Bother? / Fun Game For Everyone! Come Laugh At Other Religions. Who Wins? / Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by LordReed(m): 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2021
shadeyinka4:

Sorry sir!
The frequency of electromagnetic wave is not what defines colour Blue: it is the other way round.
Color Blue (as seen by normal sighted humans) is defined by its place within the electromagnetic spectrum.

A colorblind person even though can see, does not visually discern what color blue is!

I can understand why a blind man cannot comprehend what colour blue look like is a valid statement. What evidence does a blind man need to describe color blue? BTW, can you answer what colour is 3 MHz electromagnetic wave (hope you get the point)

Read what I wrote again, I didn't say he would visually discern the colour blue, I wrote he would understand it.

I don't know what point you are trying to make but there is no visible colour at 3mhz.

Meanwhile when would you be able to provide evidence for us to understand your supernatural speculations?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
LordReed:

Read what I wrote again, I didn't say he would visually discern the colour blue, I wrote he would understand it.

I don't know what point you are trying to make but there is no visible colour at 3mhz.

Meanwhile when would you be able to provide evidence for us to understand your supernatural speculations?

Present your life for supernatural turnaround, you'll stop these daily tears looking for what is right in your face.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
"To give truth to him who loves it not is to only give him more multiplied reasons for misinterpretation."
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by shadeyinka4: 11:58pm On Jul 04, 2021
LordReed:

How can a blind person understand what colour is? It takes being sighted to understand the concept of colours.
How do you presume a blind man will understand the concept of colour Blue?

Of course, there is no visible colour at 3 MHz meaning that frequency is a wrong yardstick for a blind man to understand colours and what colour blue look like. We can only tell him that sighted people call the narrow band of frequency of the electromagnetic waves of about 6.66E14 Hz color blue. It doesn't mean the blind can comprehend what blue even mean.

Do you think blind people see blackness or whiteness or redness in their sightedness?

Whenever your spiritual state changes from blindness to sightedness! LOL!!
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by LordReed(m): 7:34am On Jul 05, 2021
shadeyinka4:

How can a blind person understand what colour is? It takes being sighted to understand the concept of colours.
How do you presume a blind man will understand the concept of colour Blue?

Of course, there is no visible colour at 3 MHz meaning that frequency is a wrong yardstick for a blind man to understand colours and what colour blue look like. We can only tell him that sighted people call the narrow band of frequency of the electromagnetic waves of about 6.66E14 Hz color blue. It doesn't mean the blind can comprehend what blue even mean.

Do you think blind people see blackness or whiteness or redness in their sightedness?

Whenever your spiritual state changes from blindness to sightedness! LOL!!

I already wrote how a blind person can understand the concept of the colour blue. The same way you understand the concepts of all the things you cannot see with your eyes but have evidence for.

The lower limit for visible light is 4.29x1014Hz so I dunno why you are pointing at 3mhz and saying there is no light there.

Yeah sure keep dodging the fact that you have no evidence to present. When you are ready hit me up.

EDITED
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Ola17: 8:02am On Jul 05, 2021
shadeyinka4:

As an atheist, you don't believe in spirits, Karma and things like that because they are supernaturals.

All the so-called nontheistic religions believe in them.

Why should I practice jainism or Buddhism or Hinduism as a religion when it doesn't answer the question of reward for my being exceptionally good to my fellow men nor justice when i practice wickedness to my fellow men?

Do you really need the promise of heaven or the threat of hell to be good to people? Come on man. Using Santa to scare children into doing the right thing may be excusable as they may not really understand the concept of right and wrong.

An adult needing the bogus concept of heaven and hell to be good is quite sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by shadeyinka4: 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2021
Ola17:

Do you really need the promise of heaven or the threat of hell to be good to people? Come on man. Using Santa to scare children into doing the right thing may be excusable as they may not really understand the concept of right and wrong.

An adult needing the bogus concept of heaven and hell to be good is quite sad.

There is no need of religion if everything end here on earth!
The concept of right and wrong is usually relative.
If I can achieve my goals through brutality and get away with it can make sense in an atheistic environment. The rule of survival of the fittest comes in (not different from the animal kingdom).

However any religion that teaches either a resurrection, reincarnation, eternal soul, spirits, karma and the likes know that there is no escape for your actions.

Humans have not "evolved" to naturally doing right because inherently humans are selfish. That is why there is no civilized nation without their LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES.

Do you believe that an adult needing the bogus concept of security agents to be good is quite sad?
Dont forget that Security agents are also needed to PROTECT the rights of obedient citizens

Humans are infected with the virus of sin hence, we are naturally selfish.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by shadeyinka4: 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2021
LordReed:

I already wrote how a blind person can understand the concept of the colour blue. The same way you understand the concepts of all the things you cannot see with your eyes but have evidence for.

The lower limit for visible light is 4.29x1014Hz so I dunno why you are pointing at 3mhz and saying there is no light there.

Yeah sure keep dodging the fact that you have no evidence to present. When you are ready hit me up.

EDITED
It is not possible for a blind person to understand the concept of colours.

Sight is needed to understand the concept of colours.

You can explain to a blind person that some electromagnetic waves are visible while others are not. But how do you explain colours to a blind man?

It's exactly the same way: the difficulty of explaining the spiritual to one who is Spiritually Blind.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by LordReed(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
shadeyinka4:

It is not possible for a blind person to understand the concept of colours.

Sight is needed to understand the concept of colours.

You can explain to a blind person that some electromagnetic waves are visible while others are not. But how do you explain colours to a blind man?

It's exactly the same way: the difficulty of explaining the spiritual to one who is Spiritually Blind.

Wrong. You don't need sight to understand concepts. We have never seen quarks and other subatomic particles yet we understand them. Why would a blind person not understand that different frequencies of light produce different effects.

I am not asking you to explain anything, I am asking you for evidence.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by shadeyinka4: 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
LordReed:

Wrong. You don't need sight to understand concepts. We have never seen quarks and other subatomic particles yet we understand them. Why would a blind person not understand that different frequencies of light produce different effects.

I am not asking you to explain anything, I am asking you for evidence.
What kind of evidence will show a blind man that a cup is BLUE?

Will you accept the same kind of evidence for spiritual things?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by LordReed(m): 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2021
shadeyinka4:

What kind of evidence will show a blind man that a cup is BLUE?

Will you accept the same kind of evidence for spiritual things?

The kind of evidence that will allow him to know the cup exists and that the light from it is registering on the electromagnetic spectrum corresponding to the colour blue. I would accept the same class of evidence for the afterlife.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Ola17: 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
shadeyinka4:

There is no need of religion if everything end here on earth!
The concept of right and wrong is usually relative.
If I can achieve my goals through brutality and get away with it can make sense in an atheistic environment. The rule of survival of the fittest comes in (not different from the animal kingdom).

However any religion that teaches either a resurrection, reincarnation, eternal soul, spirits, karma and the likes know that there is no escape for your actions.

Humans have not "evolved" to naturally doing right because inherently humans are selfish. That is why there is no civilized nation without their LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES.

Do you believe that an adult needing the bogus concept of security agents to be good is quite sad?
Dont forget that Security agents are also needed to PROTECT the rights of obedient citizens

Humans are infected with the virus of sin hence, we are naturally selfish.

Humans aren’t infected with any virus sir. Our primary purpose is to survive and thrive.
The law enforcement agencies are there to ensure that we don’t threaten the survival of the larger society in our individual struggle for survival.

I still reiterate that an adult needing the bogus promise of heaven or threat of hell to do the right thing is sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prayer Of The Day / My Fiancee Turns Prayer Warrior & Disturbs Neighborhood, Every Night / Pope Francis Sends Letter To The Bishops Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.