Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,491 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? (2895 Views)

Sincere Adherents Of Abrahamic Religions, Why Bother? / Fun Game For Everyone! Come Laugh At Other Religions. Who Wins? / Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 11:21pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
Both of them, I am Ditheist.

The more the merrier. So how have your double gods being of any help or significance to us and to you? Any reference?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

The more the merrier. So how have your double gods being of any help or significance to us and to you? Any reference?
Who made the rule that you must believe in only one god?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
I don’t have to share the significance,
I just have to believe it same way you believe in your own god.

I have a right to believe anything, just the same way you do. There’s no basis to say that your religion is truer than mine

i don't believe that way. My God did many things for me. It seems you just started with your gods tonight. Have you eaten?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
Who made the rule that you must believe in only one god?

Are there rules?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

Are there rules?
So what’s wrong in believing in two gods at a time?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

i don't believe that way. My God did many things for me. It seems you just started with your gods tonight. Have you eaten?
Same here, they both did a lot for me and there’s even evidence that humans were created in the image of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 11:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
Same here, they both did a lot for me and there’s even evidence that humans were created in the image of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You are not answering my questions, but there is no problem. i have many of them for you. Mention three things they have done for you. Like did they create your parents?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:28pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

You are not answering my questions, but there is no problem. i have many of them for you. Mention three things they have done for you. Like did they create your parents?
1. He created me in his own image.

2. The invented pasta for humanity.

3. I prayed to him and then he gave me a job.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
1. He created me in his own image.

2. The invented pasta for humanity.

3. I prayed to him and then he gave me a job.

Okay, so you look like a spagetti and a unicorn at the same time. Can you share your picture? As for pasta, i thought that was Marcopolo. Anyways, never mind. Which of your gods did you pray to, you seem to be confused on the plurals. Did they do these same things with your parents. As for me God does same for all ohh.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 7:37am On Jul 04, 2021
Image123:

Okay, so you look like a spagetti and a unicorn at the same time. Can you share your picture? As for pasta, i thought that was Marcopolo. Anyways, never mind. Which of your gods did you pray to, you seem to be confused on the plurals. Did they do these same things with your parents. As for me God does same for all ohh.
Here is the image of the human nervous system and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

He created us in his image

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 8:14am On Jul 04, 2021
Workch:
Here is the image of the human nervous system and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

He created us in his image

i actually asked for your picture and not this clowning. The properly educated ones do know that is not the image of the human nervous system. You seem not to have answers to most of my questions unlike me. Anyway, since when did you start serving the spaghetti and unicorn gods?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 8:38am On Jul 04, 2021
Image123:

i actually asked for your picture and not this clowning. The properly educated ones do know that is not the image of the human nervous system. You seem not to have answers to most of my questions unlike me. Anyway, since when did you start serving the spaghetti and unicorn gods?
do you have a picture of your God?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by shadeyinka(m): 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
Workch:
I’m curious, why do you think your religion is the truth and the remainder 4,199 are false?

Any religion that doesn't do justice to evil and righteousness after death is nonsense. Should a powerful murderer escape punishment? Should influencial rapists escape judgement? Should gross wickedness by the high and mighty go unpunished?
Should goodness, kindness, love end without a positive reward after this earth life?

From your acclaimed number of 4,199 only three pass and the rest complete are complete failures.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
shadeyinka:

Any religion that doesn't do justice to evil and righteousness after death is nonsense. Should a powerful murderer escape punishment? Should influencial rapists escape judgement? Should gross wickedness by the high and mighty go unpunished?
Should goodness, kindness, love end without a positive reward after this earth life?

From your acclaimed number of 4,199 only three pass and the rest complete are complete failures.
So you have studied all 4,199 religions?

What do you know about Hinduism and pastafarianism?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by shadeyinka(m): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
Workch:
So you have studied all 4,199 religions?

What do you know about Hinduism and pastafarianism?
If reincarnation is punishment for gross evil and wickedness, let me know.
Your job is to reject my claim by bringing at least 41 of your 4,199 (this is less than 1%) religions that visits punishment and rewards for acts of men while on this earth.

At least, find 10 of your 4,199 religions that meet the criteria!

Pastafarianism is a big fat joke of a religion
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 12:37pm On Jul 04, 2021
shadeyinka:

If reincarnation is punishment for gross evil and wickedness, let me know.
Your job is to reject my claim by bringing at least 41 of your 4,199 (this is less than 1%) religions that visits punishment and rewards for acts of men while on this earth.

At least, find 10 of your 4,199 religions that meet the criteria!
Dont you think that you are assuming the rules in Christianity applies to other religions?

Who made what you stated a universal rule?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by shadeyinka(m): 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2021
Religion:
Things humans do as attempts to please a nonhuman/superior force who has the power to bless or punish people.

Is the above different from your definition of religion?

Workch:
Dont you think that you are assuming the rules in Christianity applies to other religions?

Who made what you stated a universal rule?
No sir! I apply no rule of Christianity. That is why I didn't say only ONE religion meet the criteria.

The assumption is that
1. All religions believe in some form of superior being or force guiding human existence.
2. Both Evil and Good exist on the earth in undeniable magnitudes.
3. Good and Evil done by men often go unrewarded
4. If the superior being is worth anything of value, he should be the final judge and rewarder of all unrewarded acts of Goodness and acts of Evil (Isn't such a being expected to have power to reward or punish people?)

These are universally fair criteria to judge any religion.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by perezeghi: 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
Workch:
I’m curious, why do you think your religion is the truth and the remainder 4,199 are false?

Religion is more like one being a member of a society to be accepted by same society.

If that which you practice does not recognize Jesus Christ as Messiah and Saviour of Mankind unto Salvation. The giver of eternal life and the only Way to the Almighty God our Father and Creator then such a practice is in vain and amounts to absolute nothing.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by oaroloye(m): 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
MISHIGAS!

Workch:

IT IS A STUPID AND PATRONIZING QUESTION: I NEITHER KNOW NOR CARE ABOUT THE THOUSANDS OF OTHER RELIGIONS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, EITHER- SO, HOW DO I KNOW THAT THEY ARE FALSE?

Where have I ever told you that they are False?

What claims have they ever made, that are invalid?

I can talk about my own Religion, and a few others that I am somewhat familiar with.

MY RELIGION, CHRISTIANITY, IS INSPIRED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD- AND INSTRUCTS ITS ADHERENTS ON HOW TO RECEIVE THE SAME SPIRIT THAT THE PROPHETS RECRIVED

Having applied those instructions, and received manifestations of The same Spirit, I therefore know that my Religion is True.

Many other Religion have no Spiritual Manifestations whatsoever: what use are they, then? That is for their followers to know.

Some Religions have incomplete or aberrative Spiritual Manifestations.

I suppose people would follow them, because they do not know any better.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2021
shadeyinka:
Religion:
Things humans do as attempts to please a nonhuman/superior force who has the power to bless or punish people.

Is the above different from your definition of religion?

No sir! I apply no rule of Christianity. That is why I didn't say only ONE religion meet the criteria.

The assumption is that
1. All religions believe in some form of superior being or force guiding human existence.
4. If the superior being is worth anything of value, he should be the final judge and rewarder of all unrewarded acts of Goodness and acts of Evil (Isn't such a being expected to have power to reward or punish people?)

This is your own religion tenet, no basis say it’s more correct than others. Just your own religious opinion
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by shadeyinka(m): 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2021
Workch:
This is your own religion tenet, no basis say it’s more correct than others. Just your own religious opinion
Can you think carefully and weigh your response viz my last post?

Except you have no idea of what religion is in the first place?

A. Do you have an objection to the fact that Religions are things humans do as attempts to please a nonhuman/superior force who has the power to bless or punish people?

B. Can you invalidate these assumptions about Religion?

I expect a person who can critically think to support his or her positions with facts!
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by KnownUnknown: 3:49pm On Jul 04, 2021
shadeyinka:

A. Do you have an objection to the fact that Religions are things humans do as attempts to please a nonhuman/superior force who has the power to bless or punish people?

Your religious perspective is not universal because not all religions include a deity that wants to reward or punish people. Some are about the betterment of the self without hoping to be rewarded for it by a god. Your particular religion includes the idea of a god that rewards and punishes people similar to a human, so why call it nonhuman when it's clearly an abstraction of a man? It's a superhuman.

shadeyinka:

Wrong. Some are nontheistic and don't create supernatural entities that guide human existence.

shadeyinka:

Good and evil are human descriptions of certain situations and conditions that afflict them on earth. Some situations are due to unconscious natural events and some are due to conscious human events but good and evil does not exist in the world independent of people describing things as such. Things happen in the world that humans refer to as "nature taking its course" but when it happens in a human context it is "evil".

shadeyinka:

Finally, a true statement. Good and evil deeds can only be done by people and yes they often go unrewarded. That's why its up to us to increase what is good and most of the time its as simple respecting people.

shadeyinka:

Supreme beings are only worth as much as their believers can accumulate in material goods, regardless of how "good" or "evil" the means are. Shout out to the Catholic Church!!! Regardless, supreme beings are not going to judge anything because they don't exist talk less of directing human events, so they are not worth anything of value except to the persons that believe in them.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by shadeyinka(m): 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Your religious perspective is not universal because not all religions include a deity that wants to reward or punish people. Some are about the betterment of the self without hoping to be rewarded for it by a god. Your particular religion includes the idea of a god that rewards and punishes people similar to a human, so why call it nonhuman when it's clearly an abstraction of a man? It's a superhuman.

Wrong. Some are nontheistic and don't create supernatural entities that guide human existence.

Good and evil are human descriptions of certain situations and conditions that afflict them on earth. Some situations are due to unconscious natural events and some are due to conscious human events but good and evil does not exist in the world. Things happen in the world that humans refer to as "nature taking its course" but when it happens to us it is "evil".

Finally, a true statement. Good and evil deeds can only be done by people and yes they often go unrewarded. That's why its up to us to increase what is good and most of the time its as simple respecting people.

Supreme beings are only worth as much as their believers can accumulate in material goods, regardless of how "good" or "evil" the means are. Shout out to the Catholic Church!!! Regardless, supreme beings are not going to judge anything because they don't exist talk less of directing human events, so they are not worth anything of value except to the persons that believe in them.
I wish you can give me a list of just 10 out of 4,199 religions that doesn't believe in a higher force who has powers to reward or punish human deeds of good and evil then you'll make my day.

It's one thing to talk facts, it's another to conject up a train of thought.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by KnownUnknown: 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
shadeyinka:

I wish you can give me a list of just 10 out of 4,199 religions that doesn't believe in a higher force who has powers to reward or punish human deeds of good and evil then you'll make my day.

It's one thing to talk facts, it's another to conject up a train of thought.

One is enough to counter your assumptions. Jainism.
Look up non-theistic religions for the rest of the facts.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by dederocs(m): 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ask the myopic zombies, they are nothing but pawns.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
Workch:
do you have a picture of your God?

Of course not, it's even a sin to.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by LordReed(m): 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
shadeyinka:

That's why justice is essential while we are alive, wishing that someone gets punished after they are dead is nothing but a pipe dream.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
Image123:

Of course not, it's even a sin to.
exactly, it’s also a sin in my religion
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2021
shadeyinka:

Can you think carefully and weigh your response viz my last post?

Except you have no idea of what religion is in the first place?

I expect a person who can critically think to support his or her positions with facts!
you are the person not thinking.

Your standard for good and evil is within confines of Christianity. You can’t seem to reason beyond what is within confines of Christianity.

You are assuming that whatever tenet Christians hold is the standard, which is far from the truth.

Your claims are standards in Christianity and not for the remaining 4,199. Christian belief is not the universal truth, it’s true only in Christianity.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by shadeyinka2: 5:05pm On Jul 04, 2021
LordReed:

That's why justice is essential while we are alive, wishing that someone gets punished after they are dead is nothing but a pipe dream.
I was just banned for no just cause!
But isnt it reasonable to finish your exam before your scripts are marked?

As long as we are alive, we can rewrite our scripts (exam question). At death, you are forced to submit your script

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Worshippers: Beware! / Photo Of A Nigerian Priest With An AK-47 Rifle At Mass. (pic) / JW For Dummies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.