Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? (2919 Views)

Sincere Adherents Of Abrahamic Religions, Why Bother? / Fun Game For Everyone! Come Laugh At Other Religions. Who Wins? / Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
Jesus referred to the worldwide empire of false religion as Babylon the Great {Revelations 17:5} this empire had it's root in Rome and it has given birth to so many sects all claiming Abrahamic but they can't produce the fruit expected of true believers {Matthew 7:16-18} so Jesus foretold a time in the history of mankind when God's Holy Spirit will reveal the true identity of this harlot. Next thing Jesus ordered us is to get out of her so that we will not share in her bloodguilt {Revelations 18:4} that's why the name Christianity has been soiled in atrocities of all kings through the dark ages (from the third century down to this day) so God referred to that name as a curse because someone like you will list so many evil things done under the name Christianity!
Then God called His own people by another name "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" {Isaiah 65:15} under this umbrella we have settled all racial disputes within ourselves, we have stopped enrolling in the army and we have vowed never to lift up weapons against anyone! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Matthew 26:52
Due to this obvious changes the children of the harlot will hate all those coming out from their gathering with the aim of joining the group under the Prince of Peace! John 15:19

So we know why there is a huge barrier between us and them {Luke 16:26} it's them that are blinded by Satan's cobwebs {2Corinthians 4:4} as they are confused and scattered yet they are still claiming worshipers of the same God. Luke 11:23

We are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES the one and only Organization that has fulfilled all what Jesus foretold about his followers in later times. So (Kingxsamz) when next you want to talk about the real Christians (followers of Christ) don't bother yourself with this people for they have eyes but can't see, ears they have but can't hear.
Surely they're claiming Christians but ask them to present one fulfilment of Christ's prediction in their midst, that's when they will tell you it's not to be seen but when it comes to disturbing the peace in our neighbourhood with their noise they'll shout at the top of their voices! 2Timothy 3:5
smiley

MightySparrow:
May be they are not in big picture.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus referred to the worldwide empire of false religion as Babylon the Great {Revelations 17:5} this empire had it's root in Rome and it has given birth to so many sects all claiming Abrahamic but they can't produce the fruit expected of true believers {Matthew 7:16-18} so Jesus foretold a time in the history of mankind when God's Holy Spirit will reveal the true identity of this harlot. Next thing Jesus ordered us is to get out of her so that we will not share in her bloodguilt {Revelations 18:4} that's why the name Christianity has been soiled in atrocities of all kings through the dark ages (from the third century down to this day) so God referred to that name as a curse because someone like you will list so many evil things done under the name Christianity!
Then God called His own people by another name "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" {Isaiah 65:15} under this umbrella we have settled all racial disputes within ourselves, we have stopped enrolling in the army and we have vowed never to lift up weapons against anyone! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Matthew 26:52
Due to this obvious changes the children of the harlot will hate all those coming out from their gathering with the aim of joining the group under the Prince of Peace! John 15:19

So we know why there is a huge barrier between us and them {Luke 16:26} it's them that are blinded by Satan's cobwebs {2Corinthians 4:4} as they are confused and scattered yet they are still claiming worshipers of the same God. Luke 11:23

We are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES the one and only Organization that has fulfilled all what Jesus foretold about his followers in later times. So when next you want to talk about the real Christians (followers of Christ) don't bother yourself with this people for they have eyes but can't see, ears they have but can't hear.
Surely they're claiming Christians but ask them to present one fulfilment of Christ's prediction in their midst, that's when they will tell you it's not to be seen but when it comes to disturbing the peace in our neighbourhood with their noise they'll shout at the top of their voices! 2Timothy 3:5
smiley

Those of you I have around me do not have peaceful homes. One lamented only this past week of how he has been begging his wife ( born into JW) for fifteen years. He exclaimed, ' and we know the Bible'
Sorry for This example, I almost sent one of you out of my house three years ago when he was going to brag about your pseudopeace. I have about four families like that. They qouted from Genesis to Revelations but display terrible characters. Qouting scriptures doesn't really matter. The Devil himself qouted from Eden to the Mount of Jesus' temptation.
Friend, when you respond to my posts, leave the peace and character out. Just talk about trinity, prophecies, 1914, 1975, errors.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by kingxsamz(m): 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

I think you are one of them. the

Really? grin grin grin
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2021
You don't understand anything in the Bible! undecided

So when i said "peaceloving and united" you're thinking there will not be troubles in within Christian homes? cheesy

Guy i'm not talking about what is happening in their individual homes, Jesus had issues with Judas, Peter and Thomas. Paul and Barnabas disputed greatly, Euodia and Syntyche had serious issues.
All these people are first century born again Christians!
But they will never pick up weapons against their fellowman due to Politics or Racism!
That's what Jesus promised not that there won't be disagreement since they're flesh like any other people!

I will only address other topics if you agree that only JWs are immune to racism and politics, if you don't then you're not sincere so there's no need moving on to another topic! smiley

MightySparrow:

Those of you I have around me do not have peaceful homes. One lamented only this past week of how he has been begging his wife ( born into JW) for fifteen years. He exclaimed, ' and we know the Bible'
Sorry for This example, I almost sent one of you out of my house three years ago when he was going to brag about your pseudopeace. I have about four families like that. They qouted from Genesis to Revelations but display terrible characters. Qouting scriptures doesn't really matter. The Devil himself qouted from Eden to the Mount of Jesus' temptation.
Friend, when you respond to my posts, leave the peace and character out. Just talk about trinity, prophecies, 1914, 1975, errors.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:
HAS science produced any evidence? If you undersand science, it always discovering. The question is, who created what you are studying? Has science claimed to know the creator? Is big bang theory a truth about creation, in the field of science, it is still a big debate, it shall continue like that. Jesus has come to boldly say 'verily, verily' no more research. Chrisianity is the last bus stop of truth.
like I said, you need to read more than argue.

There’s nothing like creation, no evidence for it

1 Like

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
like I said, you need to read more than argue.

There’s nothing like creation, no evidence for it

Ok, I have had . Science and you say no evidence.
Well Iam here, you are here.
No evidence that you are here , you think.
What science doubt, not deny, my God claims it's creation and it management and sole administrator of its beginning and ending. All the Bible prophecy for about 4000 years now or more show Someone knows more than scientists.
Many of the said scientists themselves are highly religious: Faraday played organ in his church, Galileo discovered the principles of pendulum tight Inside church, Isaac Newton wrote an exposition on the book of Daniel.

Some of these scientists , a lot of them are not atheists, in all fields of science from those in laboratories to those visiting the space.

I agree with you. No evidence.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by LordReed(m): 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:
All religions have rites and creeds, Christianity stands out in that it is only religion that gives credible origin of creation, traced human existence to the first pair,

A story from an ancient scroll is not evidence of a first pair from which all humans originate nor does it give a credible account of the formation of our environment. The Human genome does not evince a single pair source for the human specie. No real world proof supports this story so where did you get this trace from? Neither does the creation story have any real world evidence.

Besides the origin of the story is not Christianity so you are misattributing its existence to your religion.

1 Like

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You don't understand anything in the Bible! undecided

So when i said "peaceloving and united" you're thinking there will not be troubles in within Christian homes? cheesy

Guy i'm not talking about what is happening in their individual homes, Jesus had issues with Judas, Peter and Thomas. Paul and Barnabas disputed greatly, Euodia and Syntyche had serious issues.
All these people are first century born again Christians!
But they will never pick up weapons against their fellowman due to Politics or Racism!
That's what Jesus promised not that there won't be disagreement since they're flesh like any other people!

I will only address other topics if you agree that only JWs are immune to racism and politics, if you don't then you're not sincere so there's no need moving on to another topic! smiley

The peace that is not practicable in the home is what is touted outside. You have been talking about, ' their fruit', the fruit is deception.
Ok o.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MightySparrow: 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2021
LordReed:

A story from an ancient scroll is not evidence of a first pair from human originate nor does it give a credible account of the formation of our environment. The Human genome does not evince a single pair source for the human specie. No real world proof supports this story so where did you get this trace from? Neither does the creation story have any real world evidence.

Besides the origin of the story is not Christianity so you are misattributing its existence to your religion.

Ok o. Which other sources gives an alternative to existence with confidence? Charles Darwin? Francis creek?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

Ok, I have had . Science and you say no evidence.
Well Iam here, you are here.
No evidence that you are here , you think.
What science doubt, not deny, my God claims it's creation and it management and sole administrator of its beginning and ending. All the Bible prophecy for about 4000 years now or more show Someone knows more than scientists.
Many of the said scientists themselves are highly religious: Faraday played organ in his church, Galileo discovered the principles of pendulum tight Inside church, Isaac Newton wrote an exposition on the book of Daniel.

Some of these scientists , a lot of them are not atheists, in all fields of science from those in laboratories to those visiting the space.

I agree with you. No evidence.
This is not still evidence for your god creating the universe.
It’s not evidence that your religion is truer than the remaining 4,199
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2021
LordReed:

A story from an ancient scroll is not evidence of a first pair from human originate nor does it give a credible account of the formation of our environment. The Human genome does not evince a single pair source for the human specie. No real world proof supports this story so where did you get this trace from? Neither does the creation story have any real world evidence.

Lol at real world proof. Proof like seeing a bone and telling us this is an extinct creature that lived 20million years ago and died of police brutality. Comedian.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Ola17: 4:59pm On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:
?!

I’m sure you don’t believe that JW members will make heaven. If you believe this about JW a supposedly Christian sect, don’t you think you are helping the op make his point about the irony of religion?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Ola17: 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:
No Sir, the judaists refused to understand the programme of God. He simply change the players not the game.

The Muslims can conveniently use this logic too you know. After all, they believe in all your prophets.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2021
It's becoming more and more obvious that you don't believe in the Bible!

I gave you examples of troubles within the first century congregation and explain what Jesus expected of them. But instead of meditating on that you're beating about the bush.
Are you saying the troubles within the first century Christian congregation nullifies Jesus' claim of being the only way to God? smiley

MightySparrow:

The peace that is not practicable in the home is what is touted outside. You have been talking about, ' their fruit', the fruit is deception.
Ok o.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by orisa37: 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2021
Draw Criteria of Assessment. Analyse the 4200 on the basis of your Criteria. Draw correlation relationship. Apply Formula to the correlation and you will get the best.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by LordReed(m): 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

Ok o. Which other sources gives an alternative to existence with confidence? Charles Darwin? Francis creek?

Many sources. I already mentioned the human genome, a living "storybook" that surpasses any mythological tale. It points out how truly all living things are relatedly the outpouring of natural processes. There is also the history locked in our ancestral bones dating back to before man could even record history. The very ground on which you walk on also tells a tale more ancient that you can comprehend. Since you like stories, go listen to those,they are real and yet wondrous.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2021
LordReed:

Many sources. I already mentioned the human genome, a living "storybook" that surpasses any mythological tale. It points out how truly all living things are relatedly the outpouring of natural processes. There is also the history locked in our ancestral bones dating back to before man could even record history. The very ground on which you walk on also tells a tale more ancient that you can comprehend. Since you like stories, go listen to those,they are real and yet wondrous.

God controls all of these. They are a testament of His existence duh.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

God controls all of these. They are a testament of His existence duh.
i think the invisible flying unicorn controls it
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Truthisobjectiv: 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
I’m curious, why do you think your religion is the truth and the remainder 4,199 are false?

I'll first want to ask if you believe in a creator. The creator of the universe sent just one message to mankind. The creator didn't just create us and leave us alone to just hustle or get bsc, msc and phd and give birth to children to do the same thing and that's all. We obviously have to hustle but it doesn't make sense that that's all to life. That can't be all what we need to figure out with this complex and sophisticated brain. Even animals know they have to hustle. There is more to our existence and I'm not preaching here. It's a rational conclusion. If not why would we be discussing about God, purpose of life, life after death, morals, ethics, philosophy. The message God sent is worship God alone and don't associate partners with him. Monotheism. The creator of the universe sent prophets and messengers to mankind since the beginning of time with proof to present to their people to show them that they were truly from God. If we were alive when moses split the sea right in front of us at the time when we would know that he didn't do something ordinary, same with Jesus after raising a dead man or healing the sick, same with David killing the giant goliath and so on. The final prophet and messenger is Muhammad (peace upon him) and he also had his miracles to proof he was sent by God like the splitting of the moon, but his main miracle is the Quran. We can't analyze moses miracle or Jesus miracle or David's . Though I believe in all of them and affirm that they were really sent by God (the creator God). I can't even be muslim without believing in them and believing in the revelations that were sent to them. We can call the Quran the last testament from God. You can read the Quran by yourself on quran.com
May God ( creator God) guide me and you to the Truth
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
i think the invisible flying unicorn controls it

Bad thinking, bad product.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

Bad thinking, bad product.
You can’t prove that I am wrong. I also think that the Invisible Pink Unicorn is the ultimate God and Yaweh is an idol

1 Like

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
Truthisobjectiv:

I'll first want to ask if you believe in a creator. The creator of the universe sent just one message to mankind. The creator didn't just create us and leave us alone to just hustle or get bsc, msc and phd and give birth to children to do the same thing and that's all. We obviously have to hustle but it doesn't make sense that that's all to life. That can't be all what we need to figure out with this complex and sophisticated brain. Even animals know they have to hustle. There is more to our existence and I'm not preaching here. It's a rational conclusion. If not why would we be discussing about God, purpose of life, life after death, morals, ethics, philosophy. The message God sent is worship God alone and don't associate partners with him. Monotheism. The creator of the universe sent prophets and messengers to mankind since the beginning of time with proof to present to their people to show them that they were truly from God. If we were alive when moses split the sea right in front of us at the time when we would know that he didn't do something ordinary, same with Jesus after raising a dead man or healing the sick, same with David killing the giant goliath and so on. The final prophet and messenger is Muhammad (peace upon him) and he also had his miracles to proof he was sent by God like the splitting of the moon, but his main miracle is the Quran. We can't analyze moses miracle or Jesus miracle or David's . Though I believe in all of them and affirm that they were really sent by God (the creator God). I can't even be muslim without believing in them and believing in the revelations that were sent to them. We can call the Quran the last testament from God. You can read the Quran by yourself on quran.com
May God ( creator God) guide me and you to the Truth
How about the Flying Spaghetti Monster, do you believe in him?

1 Like

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 11:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
You can’t prove that I am wrong. I also think that the Invisible Pink Unicorn is the ultimate God and Yaweh is an idol

What are you doing since these foolish thoughts took hold of you? How has it affected your life and existence? Are you living the life of this belief?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

What are you doing since these foolish thoughts took hold of you? How has it affected your life and existence? Are you living the life of this belief?
Its not a thought, it’s a religion, just like Christianity.

I am guessing you now see how Christianity also sounds stupid to them.

1 Like

Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
How about the Flying Spaghetti Monster, do you believe in him?

i need to forewarn you as a true friend. This is bad thinking and bad product.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:16pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

i need to forewarn you as a true friend. This is bad thinking and bad product.
How?
Why is your god true and the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not?

On what ground?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 11:16pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
Its not a thought, it’s a religion, just like Christianity.

I am guessing you now see how Christianity also sounds stupid to them.

You said " I also think", so i was glad that you were thinking at last. So it's not a thought? Okay, how has your religion affected your life.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:18pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

You said " I also think", so i was glad that you were thinking at last. So it's not a thought? Okay, how has your religion affected your life.
The Invisible Pink Unicorn is the only true God and every other god is idol including the Christian God.

How do you manage this?
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 11:18pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
How?
Why is your god true and the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not?

On what ground?

Which is your god, the Flying Spagetti or Invisible Pink Unicorn? Make up your mind brother.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

Which is your god, the Flying Spagetti or Invisible Pink Unicorn? Make up your mind brother.
Both of them, I am Ditheist.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Image123(m): 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
The Invisible Pink Unicorn is the only true God and every other god is idol including the Christian God.

How do you manage this?

i don't need to manage your thoughts and beliefs. You can share the significance and how it has affected your life to start with. After you.
Re: 4,200 Religions; Why Do You Think Yours Is The Truth? by Workch: 11:21pm On Jul 03, 2021
Image123:

i don't need to manage your thoughts and beliefs. You can share the significance and how it has affected your life to start with. After you.
I don’t have to share the significance,
I just have to believe it same way you believe in your own god.

I have a right to believe anything, just the same way you do. There’s no basis to say that your religion is truer than mine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Long Was The First Day Of Creation / Picture Of Terrorists Killed In Syria By France Jet After The Attack On France / What To Know About Spiritual Husbands And Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.