Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

My Son Is Too Shy - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Is Too Shy (24961 Views)

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. / My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise / She Is Too Shy To Initiate Lovemaking With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Iceyjayzz(m): 10:39am On Jul 05, 2021
Bilabong:
Send him to a boarding school... He should learn how his mates behave.

And again don't allow him watch cartoons, I recommend action movies (war).
You serious at all? War film?
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Obrigardo: 10:39am On Jul 05, 2021
Mynd44 could you also remove every post he's been Quoted in? The quoted posts still here and it's not good.

Thanks.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by ohosi4real(m): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2021
That boy future is bright, that boy will become a doctor in future just have it in mind. That is kind of my person. My parent always complain of me that I too gentle, I too soft but today I am proud man for the family.

5 Likes

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by 001spice: 10:40am On Jul 05, 2021
Youngvegetable:
Help family. I have a child, a 5 year old boy who grew up with his mum. We were much younger when we had the child.

Until recently, she brought my child to me, she traveled to Ghana and married. I don't have a problem with that tho. My problem is with my son. He is too gentlemanly for my like. I don't even know if gentlemanly is the right term.

Dude is too timid for my liking. He looks exactly like me and all that but his behaviors are just not what I was when I was his age. He is too timid, kind and lenient. Please what could I do to toughen him up apart of beating. I need a my child. Imagine one small boy was dragging the biscuit I bought for him and he still have the boy and still give him water. It was the strangest thing I have seen in a while. Where the hell did he get that leniency and kindness from? I was never like this
oga buy him SK
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by TheGift: 10:41am On Jul 05, 2021
You speak of being gentlemanly, kind and lenient as if they are bad things. They are not!

Remember , you were not there for the earlier part of His life so don’t expect Him to transform overnight.

He is 5 years old, still forming and making sense of the world. Focus less on forcing Him to be a type of way. Focus more on being the kind of Man that is worth emulating ( and I don’t mean being ungentlemanly, mean and unforgiving) . For in the end , it is not what you say but what you do that will play out.

Leave Him for now and revisit the matter when He is like 7. All the best.
Youngvegetable:
Help family. I have a child, a 5 year old boy who grew up with his mum. We were much younger when we had the child.

Until recently, she brought my child to me, she traveled to Ghana and married. I don't have a problem with that tho. My problem is with my son. He is too gentlemanly for my like. I don't even know if gentlemanly is the right term.

Dude is too timid for my liking. He looks exactly like me and all that but his behaviors are just not what I was when I was his age. He is too timid, kind and lenient. Please what could I do to toughen him up apart of beating. I need a my child. Imagine one small boy was dragging the biscuit I bought for him and he still have the boy and still give him water. It was the strangest thing I have seen in a while. Where the hell did he get that leniency and kindness from? I was never like this
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by whodeyhere: 10:41am On Jul 05, 2021
Ahhhhhhh bros, leave the 5year old boy alone please. Nigeria is just crazy where kind and nice people are seen as bolor or mugun.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Iceyjayzz(m): 10:41am On Jul 05, 2021
I just hope he won't grow up to be a Simp, because women will take advantage of his kindness
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by trevorhorace(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2021
Youngvegetable:

Are you sure you are really his father and are you sure you deserve to be called one. That is the original make of his soul. You are not his creator. Don't force him to conform to your expectations. Rather you are guide him and make him always feel good and happy about himself. With time his confidence will blossom. I don't understand how you guys will just give birth and expect the kid to be a ready made version of Superman. For God's sake he's five. Don't pollute his soul with your dead philosophy. Haba!

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by ayobaye(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2021
The boy must be a goog child. You said someone took his biscuit forcefully from him and he stillwent ahead to give him water to drink. He is a well-mannered boy. Thank your fate that you don't have crook as a child.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Nyanabo(m): 10:43am On Jul 05, 2021
Sir, I don't think too kind is a bad thing. Yes too timid may not be good but you should stop him from being kind.

And you shouldn't do anything to toughen him up, yes you shouldn't. If he is being rough-handled by his mate let him be. Let him take those. With time his peers would roughen him up just like you want, but don't do it yourself you would only bring down his self esteem even the more.

What you need do is to constantly tell him to always stand up for himself. He grew up with his mother for 5yrs so what do you expect? He is a mama's boy.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by JBoss25(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2021
eyinjuege:
The child's mother raised a polite empathic child, but you want to turn him to one of the dysfunctional agberos raised in Nigeria.
Is it wrong for a child to be raised to be kind?
It doesn't mean he is stupid
Please try and learn some decency, compassion, kindness and integrity yourself, as they seem like strange concepts to you
Those are the things we should bequeath to our children.
So you want to tell me you're kind, no be you talk say u like vawulence grin

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by BinamRex: 10:46am On Jul 05, 2021
Kandeed:
Humans will never be satisfied even if God gives them the world. you happen to have a kid who's gentle, too kind and you wanna swap that character for a thug like own?? meanwhile some families are there praying day and Night for God to change their hardened Son to ur typa boy. u got urs on a plater of Gold but you are not satisfied yet, u prolly want the tough, stubborn one.

I guess you don't know the advantage of having the type of ur boy
1. He'll quickly heed to correction and training
2. He wouldn't want to do anything that would make you mad/sad
3. Reasonable people will love me
4. people will fight to defend him if he's wrongly accused
5. with a tender heart as such he'll always have you in mind
6. he'll take to heart any advice or parental guidance easily
7. He'll respect you
8. he'll be well behaved and peer pressure may likely not affect him immediately since ur training will keep ringing to his ears. To mention but a few.

and what you don't know is that, in a bid to change an extremely gentle person the end product would be an extremely rebellious kid. there's no such thing as having a touch of gentility and a touch of stubbornness mixed together. you're either gentle or haughty/stubborn. so choose one

May God bless you for this comment.

The OP is a foolish goat. God gave you a kind and wonderful child, and you want to swap that for a rascal. You are not fit to be a dad. I am embarrassed on your behalf.

Tueh!

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by BinamRex: 10:48am On Jul 05, 2021
Obrigardo:

Can't you just let the child grow up? What's wrong with you?

Please,ask him for me.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by BinamRex: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
You fvcking demon. You realize if we had more people like your son, this country would look better than Japan.

How do you even think people from civilized countries behave? Please note that I don’t consider America a civilized country, only Japan and Singapore (maybe some small European countries like Luxembourg etc)

We honestly don’t need people like you, OP, in this country. There’s millions of your type here that’s why it’s a shiithole.

Yes, all offence intended.

I support this comment 100%.

I am upset that he has a problem with his son because the kid is good-natured. What sort of demon is this op?

Don't we have enough mean and aggressive people in Nigeria already? Must he add his son to the long list?

3 Likes

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by mofresh(m): 10:56am On Jul 05, 2021
[size=8pt][/this guy you are funny ...lolx
Youngvegetable:

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by BinamRex: 10:57am On Jul 05, 2021
Youngvegetable:

No it's not like I am wicked or evil but he is too soft..too soft.. just too soft and kind... There are some things you should know, if he grows up with a soft nature In a country like Nigeria, he won't be happy with most encounters he'll have.

At the end I will be blamed for raising him in that way. I am just concerned about his survival but I honestly wish to live Nigeria one day. But till then, I have to make him harder

Op, will you keep quiet?
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Jacksparrow7(m): 10:59am On Jul 05, 2021
Always tell him what to do. If he is going to buy something tell him what to say. Teach him everything. As you go out to buy something when you get there, tell him to say, this or that, let him act the way you do. This is what I know

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Mckeni007: 10:59am On Jul 05, 2021
I called my son on his 6th birthday, he asked me why I don't want to come and take him out for a little enjoyment I told him I've traveled to another state for work, he then told me if I don't come with his birthday gift on my return that he will not welcome me if I go thier House.
I looked at his boldness then I concluded that his the true son of his father

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by clems88(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2021
So you want a child that will give you heart attack and sleepless night abi angry God gave you a gentle child but you want him to grow weyward.

If that's what you want , the. Put him among touts and watch him for 1 month angry
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Youngvegetable: 11:05am On Jul 05, 2021
001spice:
oga buy him SK
I'll do everything to make sure my son sees drugs as evil.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Lilsameey: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2021
Youngvegetable:

,....That young nigga is a genius,....He has a high tendency to be gentle and kind or gentle and brutal,...you don't know which one yet,...better don't start fire you can not quench,....Let him be,..just engage him in positive things,...games that would help build and strengthen his IQ,....infact introduce him to digital life,....try and find out his talent,...at this age,...doing what he likes best would get the best of him and with your support,. He would turn out great,...
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by survival1(m): 11:10am On Jul 05, 2021
Kandeed:
Humans will never be satisfied even if God gives them the world. you happen to have a kid who's gentle, too kind and you wanna swap that character for a thug like own?? meanwhile some families are there praying day and Night for God to change their hardened Son to ur typa boy. u got urs on a plater of Gold but you are not satisfied yet, u prolly want the tough, stubborn one.

I guess you don't know the advantage of having the type of ur boy
1. He'll quickly heed to correction and training
2. He wouldn't want to do anything that would make you mad/sad
3. Reasonable people will love me
4. people will fight to defend him if he's wrongly accused
5. with a tender heart as such he'll always have you in mind
6. he'll take to heart any advice or parental guidance easily
7. He'll respect you
8. he'll be well behaved and peer pressure may likely not affect him immediately since ur training will keep ringing to his ears. To mention but a few.

and what you don't know is that, in a bid to change an extremely gentle person the end product would be an extremely rebellious kid. there's no such thing as having a touch of gentility and a touch of stubbornness mixed together. you're either gentle or haughty/stubborn. so choose one
@ number 4, I'm a living witness. There was a time someone accused my younger brother of something he didn't do and the people that defended him were mostly people who had beef with my mom.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Martinez39s(m): 11:10am On Jul 05, 2021
What you are witnessing is what happens when a woman raises a male child.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Glamouzpeter(f): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2021
How do u even know that the dude is comfortable staying with u in the first place or if he even likes u

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by 080bjaked(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2021
Bilabong:
Send him to a boarding school... He should learn how his mates behave.

And again don't allow him watch cartoons, I recommend action movies (war).

Not really the best advise. The little dude just lack some confidence which the father should work on.

With what's going on in boarding schools today, I'd definitely not suggest it. Work on the dude's confidence, work with him, encourage him, build a winner mentality in him.

Being shy isn't a crime, it just needs to be controlled.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Kokaine(m): 11:14am On Jul 05, 2021
Youngvegetable:

These two pictures are those of notorious big and tupac shakur as kids. I'm sure you know how they later gave a new definition to thug life as adults. But look at their innocent looking faces. Chidinma is also innocent in looks. Just nurture that kid. But never judge a book by its cover

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by steno1: 11:17am On Jul 05, 2021
You have a potential Saint and you want to exchange him to a dare devil �

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by crazymommy(f): 11:17am On Jul 05, 2021
Youngvegetable:

No it's not like I am wicked or evil but he is too soft..too soft.. just too soft and kind... There are some things you should know, if he grows up with a soft nature In a country like Nigeria, he won't be happy with most encounters he'll have.

At the end I will be blamed for raising him in that way. I am just concerned about his survival but I honestly wish to live Nigeria one day. But till then, I have to make him harder
Mtchewwwww....let us exchange kids.....shebi you love kids that are not gentle right??if I give you my Daniel.. you will begin to appreciate your own child....it seems you have not really handled kids that are hard.....until another child throws big stone at that your bald head..no one will tell you to appreciate your own gentle kid...

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Supernovafarouk(m): 11:18am On Jul 05, 2021
You are disgusting poster. You don't deserve that boy.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by crazymommy(f): 11:20am On Jul 05, 2021
Martinez39s:
What you are witnessing is what happens when a woman raises a male child.
some of you just like talking nonsense....so what made him to be too gentle was because he was raised by a woman??Tupac that was raised by his mom nko??...I guess you know who Tupac is.....he is gentle abi??yeye

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by sowilli: 11:20am On Jul 05, 2021
you want a 5 year old to start exhibiting a man attitude. you are not the one to decide that right now. Life situations will. Life has a way of bringing out the best we are. I have seen over tough boys who became extremely weak because of how they couldn't handle some life situations with wisdom. Give it time. I used to be shy, couldn't speak publicly. Today, it is different. No one turned me to that. I just learnt I needed it for survival. Every develops attributes needed for their survival as they grow in life.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by jimmychang: 11:21am On Jul 05, 2021
Youngvegetable:

I was timid as a child,shy, emotional (i cry easily)and an introvert .My mates do bully me,omo my childhood was really bleeped up.My dad didn't help matters he always beat me up that when my aunt saw the belt marks on my back I had to lie it was my mother.
I could only open up to my mom,my dad on the other hand called me names like mumu ,goat,idiot(they got to me) lets not add the emotional abuse from my step moms(I felt worthless).I am not trying to make my dad the villian here he takes good care of us financially no cap .I believed what changed me was boarding school and life grin cheesy
I am still that emotional boy inside(but I no dey cry again ooh) even if my face is now full of facial hair.I am still an introvert but no longer shy and I love it.My dad always said he doesn't understand me and he never tried to grin.He never listens to me.I had to collapse one day before he knows that I was very sick,I rather die than speak out.The only person I could open up which was my mum is late.

Parenting is job I think no one is perfect at and I love both of my parents.

Try to understand your child , I don't know how you go about it sha but I just see myself in him. grin.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Need your Advice / How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? / Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.