Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,603 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? (3595 Views)

Nigeria's Badly Flawed Election - Financial Times Editorial / Why Northerners Want Peter Obi To Be The Next President / Northerners Want To Perpetually Ride The South Like A Horse – Ayo Adebanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by Gbagura: 11:51am On Jul 04, 2021
modsfucker:

You're becoming more unintelligent and childish with your response, I guess it's time for me to cut you out.
Go face your cow business. Nairaland ain't meant for backward people.
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by Gbagura: 11:52am On Jul 04, 2021
MalcoImX:

Or you're cornered.

Cornered by who? An almajiri product? Never
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2021
You guys don't even know that even if oil finish today North would still want one Nigeria

Even if they get access to sea north would still want one Nigeria

The truth is they are useless to themselves, think about all the brains making waves overseas in academics, sports, politics it's from the south so the north really needs the south in terms of where the future and innovation is going

Think about technology, tech startups is only the southerners, north keep baning crypto to frustrate the south in favor of aboki bureu de change but know their future is bleak

They already know they have destroyed their future courtesy of marrying many wives, radical islam, Sharia, hisbah, Terrorists, almajiris, illiteracy etc

They already know in the future it's going to be about intellectual capacity that would earn revenue which they lack

I remember when i served there the local community didn't want me to go back, i brought the software development studio that was best in the state

When i went to NYSC Secretariat for monthly biometrics their staffs always would be bringing laptops, phones for me to help them with

I saw how stranded they were

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by limeta(f): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2021
MalcoImX:

Who would you prefer we vote - Nnamdi or Abaribe?

What made you mention the two of them
First find the answer to that then come back
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by rummmy: 11:58am On Jul 04, 2021
odysey:

The categories you mentioned are strategic, gatemen have access to individuals houses, truck pushers know the lay of the land, hidden routes, fast routes, hiding places etc they also know the security structure and movement of the area
So these guys are way more prepared than you'd think
and we planted our people even in your most remote village to make sure you are economic disadvantaged.
Your economic life depend on us and there is nothing you can do about it.....shebi we abandoned your onions and tomatoes you started crying..in my area,nobody gives aboki shoe or clothes to mend anymore.........suya and cow is next.....one important thing,internal trade between us are flurishes even better and we don't need you in anyway.
Your poverty will increase to 100%.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by Aconomist: 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Is there anything good that comes easy? Do you know how many years Eritreans fought to break free from Ethiopia? What about South Sudan? USSR? Yugoslavia etc.

John Garang fought against North Sudan for decades and eventually died in a plane crash, did it stop South Sudan from becoming independent?

Biafra aspirations is bigger than any individual be it Ojukwu or Nnamdi Kanu, even if Nnamdi Kanu dies today, I can assure you that it won't stop Biafra from being actualized. You Northern parasites are fighting an already lost battle. Your shenanigans can only delay it a little but it will never stop it from coming to pass. Mark it somewhere!
When will you people stop talking and start fighting? Look at the Tigrayans in Ethiopia -- only 6% of the population defeated the entire Ethiopian/Eritrean army. But you Igbos only talk.
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by Aconomist: 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2021
odysey:

The categories you mentioned are strategic, gatemen have access to individuals houses, truck pushers know the lay of the land, hidden routes, fast routes, hiding places etc they also know the security structure and movement of the area
So these guys are way more prepared than you'd think

The Fulani have a superior culture than the south. Southern Nigerians are just like smart monkeys. They know how to accumulate individual wealth, but lack the coordination and organization to turn it into real power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by SIRTee15: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
modsfucker:

Yess ooo, and we're so powerful to have kept you guys in Nigeria for so long grin

The only reason nigeria remains united despite agitation down south is because the southern politician are against secession.
Forget the myth about northerners are the ones keeping Nigeria United. It has nothing to do with u guys.
The southern politicians are the ones suppressing the choice of their own people. They also love the present unitary system of govt.

The power, wealth and influence in Abuja is the sweetest evil created by mankind, n every politician's dream is to have a taste of the pud.
The day southern politicians becomes disillusioned with Abuja n speak for agitation/separation...that's the end of nigeria.

And for your info...nigeria will separate without a war. The international community will NEVER allow nigerian situation to descend into another civil war. They cant risk the refugee crisis as a result.

They will sort us out just like they did in 1997 with abiola/abacha saga, and 2003-2007 Niger delta crisis.
The outcome will mostly likely be restructuring n elimination of anyone against the concept.
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by rummmy: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
modsfucker:

Well, your problem is that you can't distinguish Nigeriens from us. Even in the North, there's influx of Nigeriens into our towns, and beyond, due to the prevailing hunger there... But because of your myopia, once somebody speaks Hausa, then bam, he's a Northerner. And funny enough, some of them cannot even speak Hausa.
there is no difference between you and Nigeriens.....you share droughts,desert, poverty,landlocked,illitrate many things with them......even the oga ontop confirmed you are cousins so why are you denying your cousins Bros.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by rummmy: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2021
MalcoImX:

What about the cows you stole?
how can I steal what I detest...?
Cow remain ban in my place...it is a taboo.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by odysey: 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2021
rummmy:
and we planted our people even in your most remote village to make sure you are economic disadvantaged.
Your economic life depend on us and there is nothing you can do about it.....shebi we abandoned your onions and tomatoes you started crying..in my area,nobody gives aboki shoe or clothes to mend anymore.........suya and cow is next.....one important thing,internal trade between us are flurishes even better and we don't need you in anyway.
Your poverty will increase to 100%.

I responded to someones writeup, you don't have to make things personal
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by odysey: 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
Gbagura:
See how this mumu is busy romancing penury. Are you alright? So your mother born you in the north, send your ass down south with no skills only to know the 'terrain and fast routes'? No wonder the cutoff mark for unity school was almost reduced to zero for the north cos nothing tangible dey una brains.

No need to resort to insults
Read the comment I responded to and try to understand what I'm thinking
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by smithoo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
No parasite willingly give up his host. They rather die than give it up.
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by MalcoImX: 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
Gbagura:
Unity schools mallam. Ooh you think we don't know? What's jamb cutoff mark in the south and in the north or keep shut.

I went searching for this and this is what the NECO registrar was saying then:

β€œIn every state, ranking is done; if you want to admit 6000 students in a state for instance, then you rank from the score of the first person to where the score of the 6000th person stops and that becomes the cut off marks.

I can't so much understand it. Whatever it is, this system is riddled with controversy and wrong.

But you can rest now, as I also learnt that what you're quoting maybe part of the old system.

What obtains now is that the cut offs are pegged for all schools; meaning that anybody below the pegged cut off marks will not be admitted.

Verdict: Your data is misleading as at now. In our discussion, it is better to quote the current data or refer to what you're quoting as old or outdated.
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by MalcoImX: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
rummmy:
how can I steal what I detest...?
Cow remain ban in my place...it is a taboo.

What's the point arguing here if you'll openly be passing wrong information.

Who banned cows in wherever?
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by rummmy: 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
odysey:

I responded to someones writeup, you don't have to make things personal
grin
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by MalcoImX: 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
SIRTee15:

The only reason nigeria remains united despite agitation down south is because the southern politician are against secession.
Forget the myth about northerners are the ones keeping Nigeria United. It has nothing to do with u guys.

So they should direct their anger to their politicians or boycott the next elections. Their governors, HoAs, LG chairmen, councillors, traditional leaders and pressure groups are all controlled by me almajiri.

Everybody is without a shame crying about poor me almajiri and cattle rearer.

They're are giving me so much powers that I don't think I possess but in their imaginations.
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by SweetiliciousD: 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
Franzinni:
For the record northerners are the best Nigerians you will find globally, they retain all the quality of a good person and if not for the insecurity, the north is the best place to raise a responsible family ...having said that, there are the evil ones amongst them too, those that want power at all cost,they will steal kill and destroy to get there.

I had a meditation today, and realised one basic truth.

The fulani have been herding livestock for centuries it has even become a part of their identity... goes to show why they know how to herd Nigerians quite well if I must say.

They just apply the same techniques they use to keep their livestock moving anywhere they so desire to Nigerians and voila!

My point is ... to defeat the herdsmen, Nigerians need to stop behaving like cows, and goats, and sheep.

No point at all.

The question you failed to answer is this:

Why do Northerners want one Nigeria at all cost more than any other?
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by hope4nigeria(m): 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2021
Franzinni:
For the record northerners are the best Nigerians you will find globally, they retain all the quality of a good person and if not for the insecurity, the north is the best place to raise a responsible family ...having said that, there are the evil ones amongst them too, those that want power at all cost,they will steal kill and destroy to get there.

I had a meditation today, and realised one basic truth.

The fulani have been herding livestock for centuries it has even become a part of their identity... goes to show why they know how to herd Nigerians quite well if I must say.

They just apply the same techniques they use to keep their livestock moving anywhere they so desire to Nigerians and voila!

My point is ... to defeat the herdsmen, Nigerians need to stop behaving like cows, and goats, and sheep.
you are a bandit
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by FreeIgbos: 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2021
Aconomist:
When will you people stop talking and start fighting? Look at the Tigrayans in Ethiopia -- only 6% of the population defeated the entire Ethiopian/Eritrean army. But you Igbos only talk.

Igbos have fought bravely before despite an overwhelming odds against them, and we can still fight again if it's the last resort. However, it wouldn't have be in our homeland again. Our cities won't be devastated again while other places remain untouched.

Fight or no fight, Nigeria is already collapsing and all we need to do as Igbos is to have patience and ride with the tide. Ultimately, we will still achieve same result!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
VIOLENCE OR WAR CANNOT DIVIDE NIGERIA OF OVER 240MILLION PPL,ONLY TRUE LOVE WITH CONCESSIONS CAN FROM PRESIDENCY TO LOCAL GOVT.
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by modsfucker: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
SIRTee15:

The southern politicians are the ones suppressing the choice of their own people. They also love the present unitary system of govt.

The power, wealth and influence in Abuja is the sweetest evil created by mankind, n every politician's dream is to have a taste of the pud.
The day southern politicians becomes disillusioned with Abuja n speak for agitation/separation...that's the end of nigeria.

And for your info...nigeria will separate without a war. The international community will NEVER allow nigerian situation to descend into another civil war. They cant risk the refugee crisis as a result.

They will sort us out just like they did in 1997 with abiola/abacha saga, and 2003-2007 Niger delta crisis.
The outcome will mostly likely be restructuring n elimination of anyone against the concept.

And for decades you guys could not elect politicians that can promote your aspirations huh? If at all the separatist agitation is a popular thing in the South, like minds would've been elected to champion the cause.

It is rather obvious that you guys (secessionists) are quite outnumbered. You apparently don't have the numbers to drive home your agitation for secession.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by SIRTee15: 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2021
modsfucker:

And for decades you guys could not elect politicians that can promote your aspirations huh? If at all the separatist agitation is a popular thing in the South, like minds would've been elected to champion the cause.

It is rather obvious that you guys (secessionists) are quite outnumbered. You apparently don't have the numbers to drive home your agitation for secession.

Well, maybe u are right. Its possible most nigerians want to believe in the unity project, but the injustice, nepotism and unfairness in governance is driving them towards agitators.
For Yorubas who are instrumental to the emergence of this govt to have its own brewing agitation says a lot.
The future will decide.

I'm not pro- secession. If anything, I believe there are too many countries in Africa, thereby weakening our collective effort to drive meaningful development and ward of foreign enemies.
I think there should be 3-4 countries in Africa with numerous autonomous regions within the nations.
As for Nigeria, I support restructuring with federating units allowed to develop at their own pace and convenience.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by modsfucker: 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2021
SIRTee15:

Well, maybe u are right. Its possible most nigerians want to believe in the unity project, but the injustice, nepotism and unfairness in governance is driving them towards agitators.
For Yorubas who are instrumental to the emergence of this govt to have its own brewing agitation says a lot.
The future will decide.

I'm not pro- secession. If anything, I believe there are too many countries in Africa, thereby weakening our collective effort to drive meaningful development and ward of foreign enemies.
I think there should be 3-4 countries in Africa with numerous autonomous regions within the nations.
As for Nigeria, I support restructuring with federating units allowed to develop at their own pace and convenience.

Now, this is what we call intelligent argument and I salute you for making your point without including abusive words.

As you pointed out earlier, the status quo will not favour any secessionist agitation to see the light of the day, because it favors the political class and other elites in the society. Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba are united up there.

The only place I beg to differ from you is the claim that the North is responsible for the injustices we see in Government, because we practice rotational Presidency, and all regions have their fair share of the Aso Rock seat.

I dare say that, those behind our woes cut across all ethnic and religious divides.

Nonetheless, I believe that strengthening the local Government will allow for more participation of the local populace in the governance of their localities. But as it is now, Governors wield almost equal powers with the President. The only difference is that they don't control the Military and the Police.

You find the highest nepotism and dictatorship at the State level. Governors pocket LGs, Judiciary, State Legislature and State electoral body without anybody calling them to order. By doing so, they dictate who becomes the LG Chairman and Councillors. The Houses of Assembly cannot dare go against them... I can go on and on...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by nelsonebby(m): 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
Northern Nigeria is already on the watch list of State Sponsored terrorism.
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by Rrchrd(m): 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2021
Gbagura:
I've been following conversations on social media and the only region that wants this country to remain one are the northerners. Why are they hell bent on one Nigeria? Can't they survive on their own? Are they happy with epileptic power, bad roads, unemployment etc. 97% of them want Nigeria to remain the way it is for reasons best known to them. They prefer to die than allow Nigeria break. If it's not really favoring them, they won't want to die on top one Nigeria.
Because of our oil
They've nothing

Leeches, they are!
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by Birniwa(m): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
You really don't know the sh!t you talking about. The Northerners want secession more than any pig of you. The reality is that the parasite South is what is feeding on the host North. We've agricultural produce (the largest in Africa), gold deposits, talc, tin to mention a few.

You dvmbasses should stop deceiving yourselves. It's high time you understood that any country that relies on oil is as good as non-existent. France today which is one of the world's super powers (economy), has no oil and imports all of its fossil fuel. So the bottom line is, the oil that the South boasts of, is useless in today's world.

I don't know the fools that keep fooling you that the North wants one Nigeria badly, it's far from the truth. We're better off separating from mentally-drained folks like the Southerners. The union won't just work anymore, were totally two different species, you're nothing but slack to our development.
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by theenchanter: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
Birniwa:
You really don't know the sh!t you talking about. The Northerners want secession more than any pig of you. The reality is that the parasite South is what is feeding on the host North. We've agricultural produce (the largest in Africa), gold deposits, talc, tin to mention a few.

You dvmbasses should stop deceiving yourselves. It's high time you understood that any country that relies on oil is as good as non-existent. France today which is one of the world's super powers (economy), has no oil and imports all of its fossil fuel. So the bottom line is, the oil that the South boasts of, is useless in today's world.

I don't know the fools that keep fooling you that the North wants one Nigeria badly, it's far from the truth. We're better off separating from mentally-drained folks like the Southerners. The union won't just work anymore, were totally two different species, you're nothing but slack to our development.
even ur leaders will disagree with ur submission.
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by Franzinni: 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
hope4nigeria:
you are a bandit
bandit is now a professional occupation sha!...

And you know I am a bandit because
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by oyatz(m): 4:57am On Jul 05, 2021
modsfucker:

We've been hearing this since 60s,and yet Nigeria is still intact.. What an illusive dream.

Bros, Nigeria has all the features of a failed State.
The country may not last for long and it will be in everyone's best interest that Nigeria disintegrate peacefully.
Re: Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? by oyatz(m): 5:01am On Jul 05, 2021
modsfucker:

Our time is not up yet. The Great Britain is the one to decide when the time is up, go and lobby them.

Even your saviour, Great Britain having lost the greatness many years ago is now battling with disintegration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Like East Now Learned The North Rigging Pattern / Would You Believe IBB Achieved All These As Nigeria's Military Head Of State? / I Will Not Fail This Nation – IGP MD Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.