Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? (4424 Views)

Is There A Proper Age To Have Sex / My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend / Man Marries Lady While Planning Marriage Introduction With Another One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Boss13: 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
MrSamsung:

So let me get you, are you saying that age is directly proportional to maturity. Wow.

Okay let me test you with one common and most important factor. If a man named A cheats on his wife and he is older or far older than a man called B who refuses to cheats on his wife or fiancee or girlfriend(assuming the wives or women here equally don't cheats). To you, who among these two men is matured?

As for your last sentence, check your dictionary definitions of agility and you will find the one I am using. As for overbility it is a contructs that should be understood with paragraph context though I should have put quote and unquote.

I dislike it when people do not take the time to read for comprehension. I said AGE is the only verifiable and agreeable means to test for Maturity. Do you have any verifiable measuring scale for this?

What does cheating mean to you? I will presume you are a man based on your moniker, because your comment has feminine tendencies all over.

May I remind you, because it seems you have forgotten. It is the biological nature of men to be with more than one woman just as it is the biological nature of women to be protected and cared for. Don't allow liberal views and feminists movement devoid you of your biological nature. If you want to argue with me based on your little experience of life and time on earth, please take a good look at all the male mammals and your answer is there. Male species of mammals don't stick to one female specie.

If you also want to bring in religion as most of you do - there are plenty of evidences in all the widely practiced religions of the world today.

Hence, how do you judge maturity based on this flawed reasoning of yours. Are you more matured, wise, financial buoyant than the Ooni of Ife, Sultan of Sokoto, Emir of Kano, Olusegun Obasanjo, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates etc. These are powerful men and leaders who have enormous influence.

Excuse my bluntness, how old are you? I asked because I'm taken aback at your reasoning and opinions.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by MrSamsung(m): 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2021
Boss13:

I dislike it when people do not take the time to read for comprehension. I said AGE is the only verifiable and agreeable means to test for Maturity. Do you have any verifiable measuring scale for this?

What does cheating mean to you? I will presume you are a man based on your moniker, because your comment has feminine tendencies all over.

May I remind you, because it seems you have forgotten. It is the biological nature of men to be with more than one woman just as it is the biological nature of women to be protected and cared for. Don't allow liberal views and feminists movement devoid you of your biological nature. If you want to argue with me based on your little experience of life and time on earth, please take a good look at all the male mammals and your answer is there. Male species of mammals don't stick to one female specie.

If you also want to bring in religion as most of you do - there are plenty of evidences in all the widely practiced religions of the world today.

Hence, how do you judge maturity based on this flawed reasoning of yours. Are you more matured, wise, financial buoyant than the Ooni of Ife, Sultan of Sokoto, Emir of Kano, Olusegun Obasanjo, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates etc. These are powerful men and leaders who have enormous influence.

Excuse my bluntness, how old are you? I asked because I'm taken aback at your reasoning and opinions.

1st Bolded: who and who makes age the metric for measuring maturity especially when we are talking about people who have likely crossed set age of 18? Or is it your own skewed reasoning? Permit me to ask, even your father or elderly ones in your life have you heard them make such stupid statement?

2nd Bolded: Can you tell me the teacher, university, any school of thought, books or scientific journals that taught you that biological lesson? Or you are making an immature excuse or an excuse informed by ego? Or you just want to talk sad

And your last sentence, I should even be the one to ask you how old you are even though I realized that you are yet a kid to know that being a community dog is not an age thing because chewing gum boys, young, old, poor and rich men can be one.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Palmerghana: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
Bola146:
Go for someone you love, it's doesn't matter the age, she might be older or younger, go for love and not lust. Good luck
You think love is enough to sustain marriage?
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Divoc19(f): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2021
Love is not enough o.
Palmerghana:

You think love is enough to sustain marriage?

5 to 10years is ok for me.

cfree14:
I just need some opinions about this. I'm thinking of settling down soon and everyone is telling me to go for a younger lady. They believe the man should be older at all times. I understand their concern, looking at the fact that ladies tend to age faster than guys.

To me I don't think it should be anything of concern as long as true love is there.
What should be the age difference if you think otherwise?

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by smeag0l(m): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
Maybe the women you met there are Africans. The default abroad is everyone contributing to bills whether you're the husband or wife except if the person is married to an African lady who will sit down and want the husband to provide all her needs and still help her babysit whenever he is off work. You're right to say that if you're not meeting up with bills , a foreign lady will kick you out but you'll need to qualify it- If you're not meeting up with your part of the bills.
Boss13:

Lies. I lived in the Western World. It is the biological nature of women to be cared for and protected.

In the west, women who marry below their class are the least desirable women. This is also applicable in Africa.

A woman is less desirable when she is old, fat, ugly, or can no longer give birth to children. In the modern age, a less desirable woman includes single mothers too. Women who have children out of wedlock or divorced women with kids.

I read a lot of stories where Nigerian men always compare western women and praise western women for not being too materialistic. I can confirm to you that when you marry these western women and cannot provide for them, they will kick you out. Only a small minority of these women will continue to allow your lazy bum around the house and these are women who have acquired masculine traits.

Please note, the biological nature women all over the world are the same.
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by karkinase(m): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
Boss13:

Then you are in for a joke. A woman who is 2 years younger than you is not actually your age mate. She is far above you and more matured than you.

You need to think about marriage critically. It is a huge life changing decision. As a man, this is not something to toy around with. You must be pragmatic and logical when it comes to choosing your spouse.

I have a thread on this and this was complied based on my personal experience as a married man, the experiences of my married friends and the naivety of young men today.
Please, direct me a link to the thread
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by karkinase(m): 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2021
Boss13:

your submissions are based on logical reasoning. Ì like it.
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Boss13: 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
MrSamsung:

1st Bolded: who and who makes age the metric for measuring maturity especially when we are talking about people who have likely crossed set age of 18? Or is it your own skewed reasoning? Permit me to ask, even your father or elderly ones in your life have you heard them make such stupid statement?

2nd Bolded: Can you tell me the teacher, university, any school of thought, books or scientific journals that taught you that biological lesson? Or you are making an immature excuse or an excuse informed by ego? Or you just want to talk sad

And your last sentence, I should even be the one to ask you how old you are even though I realized that you are yet a kid to know that being a community dog is not an age thing because chewing gum boys, young, old, poor and rich men can be one.

This will be my last response to you.

I can tell from your previous comments that you are not well read. I would love to suggest a few research papers and books on the evolution of man, but I doubt you would read it and even if you do your opinion would still be skewed. Hence no need. Better still do the research yourself.

As per Age being a verifiable metric for Maturity measurement, I am surprised you still don't get it. On this, you can believe whatever you want to.

Finally, you are less of a man in comparison to those l listed. To disparage them in order to justify your opinion depicts how unreasonable you are when it comes to putting forth a counter argument. I questioned your age because your opinions are devoid of practical sound judgement.

You Sir I don't know how old you are but certainly you know little about life. I can tell from reading your exchanges with me. Continue on your path. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Boss13: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2021
karkinase:

Please, direct me a link to the thread

It is currently on the romance thread at the moment.
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Toks2008(m): 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2021
cfree14:
I just need some opinions about this. I'm thinking of settling down soon and everyone is telling me to go for a younger lady. They believe the man should be older at all times. I understand their concern, looking at the fact that ladies tend to age faster than guys.

To me I don't think it should be anything of concern as long as true love is there.

There is no specific answer to this... Age has little to do with connection.

But it is always advised that you marry someone in the same generation with hug and a generation is 25years.
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Palmerghana: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2021
Divoc19:
Love is not enough o.

5 to 10years is ok for me.

They think love is all that's needed to have a lasting marriage.
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Boss13: 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
smeag0l:
Maybe the women you met there are Africans. The default abroad is everyone contributing to bills whether you're the husband or wife except if the person is married to an African lady who will sit down and want the husband to provide all her needs and still help her babysit whenever he is off work. You're right to say that if you're not meeting up with bills , a foreign lady will kick you out but you'll need to qualify it- If you're not meeting up with your part of the bills.

Smile. Very typical.

For you to qualify to be a matching mate to a western woman, you must be able to provide. I hope you read that part on my previous comment to this remark.

Your financial plan with your wife/partner is now dependent on the agreement you have with her. For some 50:50, others 60:40, 70:30 etc. I'm glad you agree that if a man is unable to meet up with the financial obligations, the western woman will kick him out.

Now back to Africa, or more in particular Nigeria. How is this any different? In many Nigerian homes, the man and the wife contribute financially to the upkeep of the home. The sharing formula is also dependent on the agreement between the husband and wife. However, in situations where the man can no longer provide, only on rare occasions, do the man lose the privilege of being in the house.

This illustration does not deviate from the biological nature of women to be cater for. However, this illustration fits the middle/low income earners in both the west and in Africa, Nigeria in particular.

For the rich and upper class, the man pays for everything even in Nigeria. When you say the default in the west is shared financial obligation, you are wrong.
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Boss13: 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2021
Palmerghana:
They think love is all that's needed to have a lasting marriage.

You are correct. Love is not sufficient to sustain a marriage. A marriage based mainly on love leads to divorce.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by MrSamsung(m): 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2021
Boss13:

I can tell from your previous comments that you are not well read. I would love to suggest a few research papers and books on the evolution of man, but I doubt you would read it and even if you do your opinion would still be skewed. Hence no need. Better still do the research yourself.

As per Age being a verifiable metric for Maturity measurement, I am surprised you still don't get it. On this, you can believe whatever you want to.

Finally, you are less of a man in comparison to those l listed. To disparage them in order to justify your opinion depicts how unreasonable you are when it comes to putting forth a counter argument. I questioned your age because your opinions are devoid of practical sound judgement.

You Sir I don't know how old you are but certainly you know little about life. I can tell from reading your exchanges with me. Continue on your path. Shalom!
Your reasoning and analogies so far are those of an immature male species be it you are 60 years and above or 18 years.
You could not answer my questions neither could you backup your flawed thinking thereby going on attack.

Are these not the signs of immaturity and insecurity?

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Dheji2(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
Rozcol:
Let the kids come abeg,I don't even have their time.Seriously if you see the face I make whenever a very young man dy toast me ehn,in my mind I'll be like this one is already thinking of how he's going to hit the booty with his herbally enegerzied penis and when he's tired of toasting he will find his level.

They must have fvcked you real bad. grin

I understand
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by revolt(m): 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
Bola146:
Go for someone you love, it's doesn't matter the age, she might be older or younger, go for love and not lust. Good luck
don't deciebe yourself ..an older woman is a disaster ....lol
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by smeag0l(m): 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2021
So the difference is that, in Nigeria, you must be able to provide 100%.
Boss13:

Smile. Very typical.

For you to qualify to be a matching mate to a western woman, you must be able to provide. I hope you read that part on my previous comment to this remark.

Your financial plan with your wife/partner is now dependent on the agreement you have with her. For some 50:50, others 60:40, 70:30 etc. I'm glad you agree that if a man is unable to meet up with the financial obligations, the western woman will kick him out.

Now back to Africa, or more in particular Nigeria. How is this any different? In many Nigerian homes, the man and the wife contribute financially to the upkeep of the home. The sharing formula is also dependent on the agreement between the husband and wife. However, in situations where the man can no longer provide, only on rare occasions, do the man lose the privilege of being in the house.

This illustration does not deviate from the biological nature of women to be cater for. However, this illustration fits the middle/low income earners in both the west and in Africa, Nigeria in particular.

For the rich and upper class, the man pays for everything even in Nigeria. When you say the default in the west is shared financial obligation, you are wrong.
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Boss13: 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
smeag0l:
So the difference is that, in Nigeria, you must be able to provide 100%.

Is that what you were able to comprehend from my post?
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by smeag0l(m): 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
This is not about your post.i stated this point as an exception to a point you mentioned in your post. You made a fallacy of generalisation which I tried to correct
Boss13:

Is that what you were able to comprehend from my post?
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by theoneJabulani(m): 9:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
Boss13:

Codswallop
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by maisauki: 11:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
Bola146:
Internet is sooo free! Just imagine a female giving a man advise on what should be his choice regarding females
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Offpoint1: 12:24am On Jul 05, 2021
Bola146:

Kids here will come for you, they don't like hearing bitter truth like this
Your level of hypocrisy is astonishing.

Your initial comment was for the op to go for who he loves regardless of age difference and now the table has been flipped to favour your gender and you're fully in support forgetting your initial stand.
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Bola146(f): 5:28am On Jul 05, 2021
Offpoint1:

Your level of hypocrisy is astonishing.

Your initial comment was for the op to go for who he loves regardless of age difference and now the table has been flipped to favour your gender and you're fully in support forgetting your initial stand.

Let me ignore kids astonishing like you lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by JOSH54: 8:31am On Jul 06, 2021
In marriage, there are qualities someone must look out before saying I do
1) Maturity in all aspect of life, physically, materially, spiritually, emotionally they are the weapons to sustain marriage.
2) love is the motivating factor of marriage
Age gap may depends on individuals but on my case, the gap between my wife and I is 7yrs
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by JOSH54: 8:36am On Jul 06, 2021
maisauki:

Internet is sooo free! Just imagine a female giving a man advise on what should be his choice regarding females
There is nothing wrong in giving advice but its left for the guy to decide for himself
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by larryking540: 8:45am On Jul 06, 2021
cfree14:

two set of people will give u answers ,
1st set of people are from Ladies and they will say it doesn't matter age is just a number ...ok ooo,,

2nd set of people are from men and they will say don't try it

both are correct
but just know 2 set of babies (male and female) born same day and same time , scientifically the female brain is far smarter in development than the male so the choice is yours bro to make .
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by teejay29(m): 10:44am On Jul 06, 2021
age does not matter,in my own case my fiancee is 20 and iam 32 ,we love and respect each other.But there are times she will act immature,me i will just overlook it ,to me she is still kid.so those things are bound to happen once in a while in such relationship.
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Boss13: 10:51am On Jul 06, 2021
JOSH54:
In marriage, there are qualities someone must look out before saying I do
1) Maturity in all aspect of life, physically, materially, spiritually, emotionally they are the weapons to sustain marriage.
2) love is the motivating factor of marriage
Age gap may depends on individuals but on my case, the gap between my wife and I is 7yrs

What you highlighted above are factors you consider prior to even considering a lady as a girlfriend and not a wife.

Factors to consider prior to selecting a wife spans beyond your pre-girlfriend selection criteria.
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by lawani: 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2023
Boss13:
Ten (10) years. However, this is still dependent on your ability to provide. If you are poor, your young wife will insult you and due to the wide age gap, you will feel the pain more.

10 years is preferable because as men we prefer respect to love and this age gap provides the buffer to mitigate against disrespect from not just your wife but also from her family.

To conclude, the age gap is important. However, your ability to provide is more important because it is in the biological nature of women to be cared for. Hence a woman would respect a younger man who take care of her than a poor older man.

My Dad is older than my mum by six years, his younger brother a Prof is older than his wife around two years. I have secondary school mates that married each other, I have university mates that married each other. Prophet Mohammed's wife was eleven years his senior and he did not marry again until he was well over fifty, I think after the first wife's death. A marriage opportunity that passed me by was to a university mate but my plan was to go after people younger by like five years, most women prefer men in their age bracket as first choice, maybe a year older or two. I wanted to make money before marriage, so my plan was someone like five years younger who will be in 100 level or so when I graduated but what works for one person may not be the path of another. I ended up with the best woman in the world who I am one year nine months older than. For one, you can only marry who you meet and there are billions of marriageable ladies you will never meet. So what is meant for you is what you will get no matter your personal plans.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Thought I Knew Everything About My Husband Until This Shocking Revelation / How I See Fine Materialistic Girls (pictured) / Why all men clearly prefer Lightskin females!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.