Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? (26447 Views)

My Gf Reported Me To Her Siblings For Slapping Her / How To Emotionally Detach From Anyone / My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Not In Good Health And Wouldn't Want Me To Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by wirinet(m): 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
Romanoff:

If you ask same guy, he will pick his siblings over his gf.
False! Most guys choose wife over family if there is conflict of interest between the two. Many examples abound, Prince Harry and Paul Okoye of PSquare are just two examples. The OP has indicated his willingness to wife her.

Things should change after marriage. Not before.
False! Things don't change after marriage. In fact it's gets worse after the honeymoon phase. It takes genuine love, perseverance and patience to keep marriage beyond the 10 year mark.

If the relationship no cone lead to marriage nko?
That's part of the risk of life. You count your losses and move on. That's the way it is in all our endeavours. There is no human activity without risks.

If he wants to be the most important person in her life, let him marry her.
That's taking a huge risk. If he is not the most important person in her life before marriage what makes you think she would love him more after marriage?

All they both need is counselling on how to transition.
Any couple that's needs counselling before they can be dedicated to one another should not bother marrying.

Na today woman dey leave family cause of man wey e dey end in tears?
Also na today woman dey leave family because of Man and e end in joyous marriage?
I hate negativity and wishing others bad outcomes.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by correctyourself(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
Kaybae:
You are so selfish, if it happens that she is the one telling you to "detach" from your siblings now, you will come here and be playing victim. So she should leave her siblings, forget the fact that they don't do any special thing for themselves, it's none of your biz. You said she should pay attention to your relationship, do you know her mind? If she pays attention physically and not mentally nko. Just sit her down and let her know where your relationship is lacking attention and I believe an adjustment will be made.

Amateur response because you were almost turning it to insult at the beginning, your last few stamens is actually what is required here, (44% marks)
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by bosman50(m): 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2021
Nwodosis:

That's an exaggeration to express the extent of love she has for her siblings
No woman plays with her child excerpt Tiwa Savage that swears with her child's life.
A wise man once told me that you are a wise man.
You just nailed it
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by arthorjnr(m): 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
pocohantas:

Where is he heading? Cambodia?
Shey na this thing some women dey complain, una say we wan scatter una family. We refuse to understand o. Let all of us be mad.

Lol... I was about to say this. They're still saying he wants to scatter 'bond'.

OP doesn't want to cut bonds, he only seeks attention. Most ladies here would break up with a guy that puts his sister first. It's all about balance. OP, if you can't deal, break up, you're not wrong.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by correctyourself(m): 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2021
Clinghton:
If it isn't affecting your relationship...

Well said. (75% marks
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by ImaIma1(f): 9:59pm On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:
Yes it true that we always claim that family is everything, they will never desert you bla bla bla....but my main question is, is your family always right in taking your top ranking position of importance..?

Many atimes we have heard of family members betrayals just like friends do. We have heard of family abandonment of a sibling, we have seen a lot if times how elder siblibgs jettision youger ones and face thier own life...

My girlfriend is an orphan with four other siblings. Who grew apart in other relatives houses. Everyone is now adult..she cant seem to get over her emotional connections to her siblings, always claming they com first even before her lover or eventual hubby or even the children she will birth...

Looking at the family, I don't even see what is so special a sacrifice they have done for themselves. Example her eldest bro who earns over 600k monthly gave her a paltry 15k for a trip to sokoto for her NYSC. A place she has never been to..this includes t/fare, feeding etc. Her siblings would never feel like being around each other except it calls for a serious Holiday like xmas...there are many more I can't list here.

Wtf! My family have much more sacrifices for each other yet we understood the roles new person entering the family through love have in each and everybody's lives....

People are so two faced in this country claiming family family but dont really care..for the ladies that wil crop up on this thread..first ask yourself how many times have your brother bought you exmas gift or burthday gift before you open ur lieing mouth

Mind you this is not to underscore, the relevance of family bond, but everyone that affects your life should be rightly placed where they importantly belong.

It is wrong for her to say that her siblings will come before her husband and children though.

But really, this is how you men always say how your family will still come first before your wives because they are blood and she is not. This is exactly how it feels.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by 1F30M4(f): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2021
Hmmm let's see..

I may not know all you've put into this relationship but after reading some here I'll say you're doing well as a loving boyfriend maybe underappreciated yh you could subtly point that out.. See, it really doesn't have to come to this.. Her siblings are like the only family she has, her closest blood relation; they've gone a long way & they've been through alot.. She shouldn't have to choose between you & her siblings, please don't make it difficult than it is already.. Her siblings may not be it but they are still her family, they're like the only family she's got..

I know you go extra miles for her and willing to do extra extra extra yhh and that's because you do love her & want the very best for her butttt you still need to understand her better, be more considerate, be more empathetic.. You're being logical but logic doesn't really cut it or maybe it will in a way, I suggest you don't dismiss her or shut her down whenever she talks about her siblings or wants to do stuff with orr for them.. Try to be more accommodating, even if you feel you cannot or do not want to get along with them, do not speak ill of them.. That way, things won't be so complicated

About placing her siblings above her hubby & children haha lol it won't really be like that.. Be it what it may, please do not try to come in between her & siblings, dem go use you settle laslas lol.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by StreetPreacher: 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:
Yes it true that we always claim that family is everything, they will never desert you bla bla bla....but my main question is, is your family always right in taking your top ranking position of importance..?

Many atimes we have heard of family members betrayals just like friends do. We have heard of family abandonment of a sibling, we have seen a lot if times how elder siblibgs jettision youger ones and face thier own life...

My girlfriend is an orphan with four other siblings. Who grew apart in other relatives houses. Everyone is now adult..she cant seem to get over her emotional connections to her siblings, always claming they com first even before her lover or eventual hubby or even the children she will birth...

Looking at the family, I don't even see what is so special a sacrifice they have done for themselves. Example her eldest bro who earns over 600k monthly gave her a paltry 15k for a trip to sokoto for her NYSC. A place she has never been to..this includes t/fare, feeding etc. Her siblings would never feel like being around each other except it calls for a serious Holiday like xmas...there are many more I can't list here.

Wtf! My family have much more sacrifices for each other yet we understood the roles new person entering the family through love have in each and everybody's lives....

People are so two faced in this country claiming family family but dont really care..for the ladies that wil crop up on this thread..first ask yourself how many times have your brother bought you exmas gift or burthday gift before you open ur lieing mouth

Mind you this is not to underscore, the relevance of family bond, but everyone that affects your life should be rightly placed where they importantly belong.

Family is more than money. Maybe your love for your family depends on how much you receive from them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Blackdisciple(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2021
Looking at the family, I don't even see what is so special a sacrifice they have done for themselves

Just imagine what you are saying about the person you feel you love.

Just as you've said your family had much more sacrifice for eachother same goes to every family out there you are seeing being it calls and motivation or financially it doesn't matter,

If God made her to be the tie in the family she and her siblings because that's her family you can't fight that bro.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Yankee101: 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
wirinet:

That means she also should not expect anything from him, emotionally or materially until they are married.

I have found out that Nigeria like to exploit, blackmail and patronize compassionate people.

He's asking her to change and a drastic change at that, be less attached to your siblings.

In exchange for what?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by mariahAngel(f): 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2021
[s]
bigpicture001:

[/s]

All these gibberish just because a girl put her family first before an ordinary boyfriend? The audacity!

By the way...what is your business with what her brother earns and what he gives her? APROKO BOYFRIEND!

No mind your business you hear? Dey there dey rant! Attention seeker!

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 05, 2021
its my present dilemma, except that she isn't girlfriend but wife and her siblings live one street away from us as its my wife who engineered their living close to us and i see a lot of things on a daily, if you are not mentally strong and tolerant you might not be able to cope.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Hindiman(m): 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2021
Op doesnt love the lady, na lust he has-he has ego-hes too possessive- why ll u want someone to detach from family cos of u? Its like she being an orphan is what drew u to her in the first place so that u can dominate her cos she has no parent. You are the bad sign to her. Dont u knw her siblings are like parents to her?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by mariahAngel(f): 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2021
[s]
bigpicture001:

Must one be part of a family to show the most love and care....?

Which one is breaking..? Didnt youbread where she said she will always place her siblings over her hubby and even child she births.
[/s]

Jealous attention seeking boyfriend!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Simeonjoe1: 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2021
pocohantas:

Where is he heading? Cambodia?
Shey na this thing some women dey complain, una say we wan scatter una family. We refuse to understand o. Let all of us be mad.

No a woman is under the man. So she's bound to his authority. But for men it's different
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by mariahAngel(f): 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
[s]
bigpicture001:

But we are planning to marry...and I dint mean cut off from ur siblings...I mean pay more attention to ur relationship and and get more involved with ur man...ur brothers and sister wont take a biga risk for you than your loving husband and boyfriend...
[/s]

It is very clear you're selfish and not to be trusted.
"Get more involved with your man" indeed!

We know your type....na people like you dey lock their wives for outside at the slightest provocation.
End time boyfriend!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2021
undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Gambit23: 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:

I read only d headline.

Are u abnormal?

So person wey u never even marry should detach from her family because she de date u?

U expect a sane human to detach from his or her family members that they have known for decades because of u...even if u end marry her?

Dont write nansense here again

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Gambit23: 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:

But we are planning to marry...and I dint mean cut off from ur siblings...I mean pay more attention to ur relationship and and get more involved with ur man...ur brothers and sister wont take a biga risk for you than your loving husband and boyfriend...

Oga u are the one paying too much attention to her and her family...focus on urself n fulfill ur duties as a man

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Chuka200: 11:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
Nwodosis:
You are not a good person, a family that you are yet to be officially part of, you want to break the family love bond! You are materialistic and selfish but love is not about materialism and selfishness.

You are very stupid .. Your spellings are right but u still think you are an illiterate
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Chuka200: 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
bigpicture001:

My guy leave her to marry her siblings ooooo... the earlier the better... she will never be of good to you they are many like that looking for how they will carry ur plasma to their fathers house
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by mariahAngel(f): 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
Chuka200:

[s]Am very sure u don’t have a bf... someone just fucking u LovePeddler lol[/s]

Pardon my stupidity for typing the above.

You've been pardoned, but never try that sh!t again!

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by mariahAngel(f): 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
Chuka200:

May thunder fire me!

smiley
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Liposure: 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
Let her be or walk away. She's an orphan for christ sake

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by leo22(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
You are an epidemic waiting to happen and if your girlfriend is reading this she better run for her dear life!
Who you be wey she go disconnect from her family for? You this insecure, low self esteem and manipulative rascal.
Free that babe now before you ruin her life. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by leo22(m): 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
The guy na real akamu!
Just imagine! This is the type of guys that will abuse the wife and even use emotional blackmail to reduce her to nothing. I bet he lacks proper lessons on how to treat women, perhaps he doesn't have a role model who can teach him that women also have rights and a life like he does.

mariahAngel:
[s][/s]

All these gibberish just because a girl put her family first before an ordinary boyfriend? The audacity!

By the way...what is your business with what her brother earns and what he gives her? APROKO BOYFRIEND!

No mind your business you hear? Dey there dey rant! Attention seeker!

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Cousin9999: 12:11am On Jul 06, 2021
Sounds like she needs to dump you.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Guyman111: 1:13am On Jul 06, 2021
So she should be around you so that you can break her heart.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by my3name(m): 2:42am On Jul 06, 2021
oga free her joor

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by dasparrow: 3:29am On Jul 06, 2021
bigpicture001:

YOU ARE A NARCISSIST! I HOPE THAT LADY DUMPS YOU FAST! YOU ARE NOT EVEN MARRIED TO HER AND HERE YOU ARE ALREADY LOOKING TO ISOLATE HER FROM HER FAMILY MEMBERS. SPURN OF SATAN LIKE YOU!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Side Chicks Be Like. .lol / Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men / Delayed Virginity Causes Infertility.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.