Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? (26393 Views)

My Gf Reported Me To Her Siblings For Slapping Her / How To Emotionally Detach From Anyone / My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Not In Good Health And Wouldn't Want Me To Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by chris51(f): 7:50am On Jul 06, 2021
chris51:
You are a characterless human being. Why do you want your girlfriend to detach herself from her family? It means you have an ulterior motive. That girl doesn't deserve an inhuman person like you.

If her brother gave her N15k as transport for NYSC, what stopped you from topping it up?

Selfish human being, you are.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by chris51(f): 7:54am On Jul 06, 2021
chidekings:

most won't understand where your heading.certain things can't be explained.but if you feel you can't cope better cut off now.

God bless you.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by VTJN(m): 7:59am On Jul 06, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
you are a daft person.

What a nonsense response!

You don't know anything about marriage or family bond.
You are the type that would milk your sisters and brothers married or unmarried dry.

Marriage is bigger than that useless family bond of yours. A family bond that does not respect marriage is nonsense.

Now let me tutor you, so you don't go about breaking peoples marriages, when a lady is married, her husband and children becomes her number priority! She starts building her own home. This is how God has planned marriage. That does not mean her siblings father and mother are number two priority, No, rather she must find a way to reach out to them and carry them along as family too.

It is optional dear, when you eventually get married, please follow my advice to avoid divorce.

when the man get married too the woman becomes his first and number 1 priority right?

Let me also tutor you a bit

If a woman is seriously ill that the man has utilized every available means within his reach, medically, spiritually and what have you and yet nothing comes out of it, no changes

It will definitely get to a stage that the man, his family or friends will advise him to take her to her family to see if they can do something about it simply because he has completely utilized all means

But if the said girl is with her family and seriously ill, the family will definitely see to the end. It wont even cross their mind for a second to go dump her for any person

That's the difference between FAMILY and HUSBAND/WIFE

A man/woman can forsake you, but family can't

And even if family forsake you, not all
You will definitely have 1 family members be it father, mother, sisters, brothers, cousins, uncles, aunties et al that will never ever forsake you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by nini007(m): 8:03am On Jul 06, 2021
bigpicture001:
Yes it true that we always claim that family is everything, they will never desert you bla bla bla....but my main question is, is your family always right in taking your top ranking position of importance..?

Many atimes we have heard of family members betrayals just like friends do. We have heard of family abandonment of a sibling, we have seen a lot if times how elder siblibgs jettision youger ones and face thier own life...

My girlfriend is an orphan with four other siblings. Who grew apart in other relatives houses. Everyone is now adult..she cant seem to get over her emotional connections to her siblings, always claming they com first even before her lover or eventual hubby or even the children she will birth...

Looking at the family, I don't even see what is so special a sacrifice they have done for themselves. Example her eldest bro who earns over 600k monthly gave her a paltry 15k for a trip to sokoto for her NYSC. A place she has never been to..this includes t/fare, feeding etc. Her siblings would never feel like being around each other except it calls for a serious Holiday like xmas...there are many more I can't list here.

Wtf! My family have much more sacrifices for each other yet we understood the roles new person entering the family through love have in each and everybody's lives....

People are so two faced in this country claiming family family but dont really care..for the ladies that wil crop up on this thread..first ask yourself how many times have your brother bought you exmas gift or burthday gift before you open ur lieing mouth

Mind you this is not to underscore, the relevance of family bond, but everyone that affects your life should be rightly placed where they importantly belong.
Attention seem to be something you don't joke with. Look for someone else who will give you all the time in the world.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:15am On Jul 06, 2021
NoToPile:

grin grin grin

Same thing I have been wondering and he is even a boyfriend, he didnt even manage to say fiance, that makes the situation worse.

He is even calculating the salary one of the girls siblings earn, his mouth like he's earning 600k and only gave her 15k. I just tire for the guy. I would be very careful with someone like him.

And then the boys that are preaching 'when are woman marries attention is shifted to immediate family' should preach it for the guys too. It goes both ways that's how it should be.
Leave them, tomorrow they'll start bragging how much of "alpha males" they are when their discussions and doings is always about women. Clowns.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by tomzyELNINO: 8:19am On Jul 06, 2021
I can relate with your concern. But You dont have the right to demand something like this when you have not married her legally. You are just an ordinary boyfriend. Although, i believe it will even continue this way even after marriage. Its better you just accept it, and keep a portion of your life away from her. Trust me, I know what am saying.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by KristaPretty(f): 8:52am On Jul 06, 2021
My family comes first in everything, we have been through a lot as family and I wouldn't let anything or anyone come between that.

When I am ready to have a family, I will learn how to manage both, however if I observe any relationship or man wants to come between me and my family without him wanting to be a part of the family bond, I'd definitely kick him out.

All you should do is to try and be a part of that family bond and not seek unnecessary attention from her. You don't know the love, trials and sacrifices they have had as a family before you appeared from no where.

Abeg next post

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Samsonklin(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2021
JovialJune:
Imagine Op already concluding that ladies here will be quick to condemn him and his obviously bad thought process, he is already making his in built selfishness a gender thing, I am so glad his own gender is also telling him the truth, even though there will be some to massage his ego, you reek of insecurity and very low esteem, imagine comparing yourself with her siblings as if it's a competition, are you a child? How old are you?

You are a very selfish person, I blame your gf for telling you things about her life and siblings, so because her bro gave her small funds she should cut off from him and the rest of them? You are a bad energy, their bond will always be there even if they have differences or misunderstandings, it is expected of siblings. If she focuses the whole of her attention on you and at the end of the day, you break up with her, who will loose? Will you help her make amends with her siblings that she neglected?

You are a bad energy, I wish she can see this thread and stay the hell away from you.
Relax my guy. It's not that serious. Me for one, my love language is attention. It has nothing to do with money or anything. Some guys are just like that. So relax
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by wirinet(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2021
VTJN:
that is how they start

He will take the girl out of her family reach

Na from clap dance take dey start

I love the girl for the genuine love she had for her family

She better start searching for a guy like you who don't mind his wife being very attached to her family despite being married or marry her family.

For people like me and my OP nuclear family comes first.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by wirinet(m): 9:08am On Jul 06, 2021
VTJN:
ok e right to place husband/wife over family?

That's my own life's philosophy. The most ideal is to maintain a healthy relationship between wife/husband and family, but if one is forced to choose spouse comes first.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Contekbbc: 9:20am On Jul 06, 2021
Nwodosis:
You are not a good person, a family that you are yet to be officially part of, you want to break the family love bond! You are materialistic and selfish but love is not about materialism and selfishness.

[color=#006600][/color] don't mind him
This kind of person does not deserve to Marry at all
Na so one of my cousins'husband turned her against her family becos he dey get money well well as he no dey work
And after he destroyed all that the lady worked for, he japa
And na the same family she abandoned came back to rescue her
The guy is not a good example of a matured man
Wetin concern am with the family?
Do they fight you or wish you evil?
All these show that the guy feels insecured
Ladies! Run from this type of guys oh..
MY ONE CENT

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Contekbbc: 9:24am On Jul 06, 2021
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=lyndaway post=103404231]Family over everything.... family is everything..

Mario Puzo...

Op you’re a selfish human... if Na my sister Godforbid you marry her

Anu[/quote
No mind the stupid,useless and riffraff OP
Their kinds break homes and family that were hitherto lovely to a theatre of war!
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Contekbbc: 9:27am On Jul 06, 2021
bigpicture001:

But we are planning to marry...and I dint mean cut off from ur siblings...I mean pay more attention to ur relationship and and get more involved with ur man...ur brothers and sister wont take a biga risk for you than your loving husband and boyfriend...
[color=#990000][/color]

Guy
You no well I swear
I pray your planned marriage will not work out IJMN,INSHA ALLAH
Because you will finally separate those gentle souls and wreck a lot of havoc
God punish that your useless mouth
Ode
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Contekbbc: 9:29am On Jul 06, 2021
[quote author=Contekbbc post=103418490][/color]

Guy
You no well I swear
I pray your planned marriage will not work out IJMN,INSHA ALLAH
Because you will finally separate those gentle souls and wreck a lot of havoc
God punish that your useless mouth
Ode[/quote
[color=#990000]
what makes you any different
You that you're not even dating only her now
Will you now have her back when she needs help?
It shows you are a gold digger
And God will punish you forever
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Contekbbc: 9:38am On Jul 06, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
kkboy:
If you don't like her emotional attachment to her family, why not discontinue the relationship and look for someone who have the same believe system . Your complian is already a red flag. Relationship are entered for each parry to support and encourage each other not to tear apart.

Don't mind the Op
The question is!
When he starts procreating,
Does he pray that any of His daughters should Mary a Guy with this mentality of His?
Let him answer this sincerely!
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Contekbbc: 9:46am On Jul 06, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
osazsky:
oga go and sit down u have no moral right to discuss on this matter..for now u are only her friend...we all stayed with different babes in hospital during our university days.we nor marry any one..if u have not done this u nor be guy..I will answer you in 8 years time when u are married..for now continue with ur boyfriend and girlfriend..she may even have other plans u are not seeing now nor be woman

Pls don't waste your time to explain this t them ,they will never understand
Pls,help me ask him again, he said the brother was not with her @ the hospital
Is staying with her at the hospital now a big project to you?
Now let me ask him this
Can the brother have sex with the sister?
Can he rough handle her on bed as you do
Don't mix things that don't go together to confuse this honourable house
It's your responsibility to stay with her because you use her too
Who knows maybe you are even the cause of her being hospitalized?
Nawa o
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Contekbbc: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
grossintel:
OP, you are a very selfish person. What's your business with her attachment with her family? You expect her to cut ties with them over your dick or what? Omo face your role and leave the rest!

As an orphan you don't know what they went through and the sacrifices they made for each other to be where they are today, I bet if she turned out to be a bread or akara seller in the street you won't notice her.

God bless you
May God punish the Op
And everyone in his line of thought
They are the reasons Nigeria is still a shit hole
Stupid set of selfish people
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by v2: 9:57am On Jul 06, 2021
Nwodosis:
You are not a good person, a family that you are yet to be officially part of, you want to break the family love bond! You are materialistic and selfish but love is not about materialism and selfishness.
No mind am.
Make she leave her family for him wey never marry her, after he F*ck her leave, she no go get family to fall back to.

Some one will just come into people's live and expect them to discard those that have been in their live from the beginning.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Honesty36(m): 10:02am On Jul 06, 2021
I pray she ends the relationship with you and find someone that will love her and her family , someone that'll wanna be a part of her family

So bc u get preek make she ruin her whole life love which is her family ozuor

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by wirinet(m): 10:43am On Jul 06, 2021
Contekbbc:
[color=#000099][/color]

Pls don't waste your time to explain this t them ,they will never understand
Pls,help me ask him again, he said the brother was not with her @ the hospital
Is staying with her at the hospital now a big project to you?
Now let me ask him this
Can the brother have sex with the sister?
Can he rough handle her on bed as you do
Don't mix things that don't go together to confuse this honourable house
It's your responsibility to stay with her because you use her too
Who knows maybe you are even the cause of her being hospitalized?
Nawa o

You logic is warped. So you are aware that the brother have sex with the sister rough handle her on bed, but the same brother should take precedence over the boyfriend who does?

So because the boyfriend have sex and rough handle her on bed, he should expect to stay in the hospital with her and meet all her emotional and physical needs, but not expect to be the most important person in her life. If the boyfriend is not the most important person in her life, why then should lady in question be the most important persin in his life. Does the guy not have sister, brother or other family members he can spend his is precious time and resources in?

We seem to have different approaches to life.

To my wife I am the true "olowo orï mï" (buyer or owner of her head".
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by wirinet(m): 10:45am On Jul 06, 2021
Honesty36:
I pray she ends the relationship with you and find someone that will love her and her family , someone that'll wanna be a part of her family

So bc u get preek make she ruin her whole life love which is her family ozuor

I also pray the guy dumbs the emotional unstable girl. If he marries the girl, the family will have more control and influence than him over his wife.

There are many girls out there who are ready to "forsake all others" for him.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Contekbbc: 11:02am On Jul 06, 2021
wirinet:

You logic is warped. So you are aware that the brother have sex with the sister rough handle her on bed, but the same brother should take precedence over the boyfriend who does?

So because the boyfriend have sex and rough handle her on bed, he should expect to stay in the hospital with her and meet all her emotional and physical needs, but not expect to be the most important person in her life. If the boyfriend is not the most important person in her life, why then should lady in question be the most important persin in his life. Does the guy not have sister, brother or other family members he can spend his is precious time and resources in?

We seem to have different approaches to life.

To my wife I am the true "olowo orï mï" (buyer or owner of her head".
[color=#006600][/color]

Bro
I now know sense is expensive cos if it's cheap you would have got one
People like you will never marry in life
That's my prayer for you
Do you pray to have such a person as an husband to any of your daughters?

Spit angry angry angry
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by wirinet(m): 11:16am On Jul 06, 2021
Contekbbc:
[/color]

Bro
I now know sense is expensive cos if it's cheap you would have got one
[color=#990000]People like you will never marry in life

That's my prayer for you
Do you pray to have such a person as an husband to any of your daughters?

Spit angry angry angry

I have been married for over a decade and happily for that matter. My wife have never said her family is more important to her than I (and our 3 children), not even while dating. If she said that, I would never have married her.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by Honesty36(m): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
wirinet:

I also pray the guy dumbs the emotional unstable girl. If he marries the girl, the family will have more control and influence than him over his wife.

There are many girls out there who are ready to "forsake all others" for him.

For your mind I read the whole message, who get that time
Na their problem be that, if them like make them separate

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by rushlife: 12:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
bigpicture001:
Yes it true that we always claim that family is everything, they will never desert you bla bla bla....but my main question is, is your family always right in taking your top ranking position of importance..?

Many atimes we have heard of family members betrayals just like friends do. We have heard of family abandonment of a sibling, we have seen a lot if times how elder siblibgs jettision youger ones and face thier own life...

My girlfriend is an orphan with four other siblings. Who grew apart in other relatives houses. Everyone is now adult..she cant seem to get over her emotional connections to her siblings, always claming they com first even before her lover or eventual hubby or even the children she will birth...

Looking at the family, I don't even see what is so special a sacrifice they have done for themselves. Example her eldest bro who earns over 600k monthly gave her a paltry 15k for a trip to sokoto for her NYSC. A place she has never been to..this includes t/fare, feeding etc. Her siblings would never feel like being around each other except it calls for a serious Holiday like xmas...there are many more I can't list here.

Wtf! My family have much more sacrifices for each other yet we understood the roles new person entering the family through love have in each and everybody's lives....

People are so two faced in this country claiming family family but dont really care..for the ladies that wil crop up on this thread..first ask yourself how many times have your brother bought you exmas gift or burthday gift before you open ur lieing mouth

Mind you this is not to underscore, the relevance of family bond, but everyone that affects your life should be rightly placed where they importantly belong.

Nuclear family is everything with some spice of few good members of extended family (here the bond isn't that strong again). Loving someone should come second after family, my ex made me realized that... destroyed my vibes towards love..now I know all women are devil, but I just need a lesser devil for the mother of my kids and not a love partner. I can pretend that she loves me but deep within my heart, love doesn't exist.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by justmondris: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
If you want her to detach herself from her siblings just because she is dating you, hope you will not be angry if she decides to detach herself from your siblings. Dude! that is a good sign that she will take good care of your children and always spend time with them.
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by apatheticme(f): 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2021
JovialJune:
Imagine Op already concluding that ladies here will be quick to condemn him and his obviously bad thought process, he is already making his in built selfishness a gender thing, I am so glad his own gender is also telling him the truth, even though there will be some to massage his ego, you reek of insecurity and very low esteem, imagine comparing yourself with her siblings as if it's a competition, are you a child? How old are you?

You are a very selfish person, I blame your gf for telling you things about her life and siblings, so because her bro gave her small funds she should cut off from him and the rest of them? You are a bad energy, their bond will always be there even if they have differences or misunderstandings, it is expected of siblings. If she focuses the whole of her attention on you and at the end of the day, you break up with her, who will loose? Will you help her make amends with her siblings that she neglected?

You are a bad energy, I wish she can see this thread and stay the hell away from you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by sylve11: 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nwodosis:

No woman plays with her child excerpt Tiwa Savage that swears with her child's life.

na wa. sad cool
Re: My Girlfriend Wouldn't Detach From Her Siblings. A Bad Sign? by oribi(m): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2021
Wow,you definitely a control freak and with alot of negative energy. Please work on yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Types Of Guys You Shouldn’t Be With In 2019 / Is Sex Really Compulsory In A Relationship? / How I Made Her Fall In Love With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.