Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? (1166 Views)

Ladies! How Many Of You Do This??(picture) / Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend Of 11 Years 24 Hours To His Wedding To Another / Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by Phate07(m): 9:12pm On May 09, 2011

For the single ladies in the house.

How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be?

Very Flamboyant and colourful?

Quite Dull and unobstructive?

Or Somewhere inbetween these two extremes?
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by BABE3: 9:19pm On May 09, 2011
If I ever get married: I want my wedding to be SUPER DUPER FLAMBOYANT!!!! High fashion! and definitely not tacky! "In your face" kind of wedding! smiley

I want to "get married" (asin the I-do and exchange of ring part) while sky-diving . cheesy I've always wanted that since I was a kid!
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by Phate07(m): 9:26pm On May 09, 2011
BABE!:

If I ever get married: I want my wedding to be SUPER DUPER FLAMBOYANT!!!! High fashion! and definitely not tacky! "In your face" kind of wedding! smiley

I want to "get married" (asin the I-do and exchange of ring part) while sky-diving . cheesy I've always wanted that since I was a kid!

Exchange ring while sky-diving? Seriously? cheesy

And why are you using 'IF'? Are you planning on becoming a nun?
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by MrsChima(f): 9:27pm On May 09, 2011
You do know that people who are married renew their vows as well so if I was to do that I would have a very phate like wedding with a lot of pink and hot pink colors!
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by Phate07(m): 9:32pm On May 09, 2011

^^And who says Phate likes pink? You wishing you had me all to yourself? undecided undecided

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by BABE3: 9:36pm On May 09, 2011
Phate07:

Exchange ring while sky-diving? Seriously? cheesy

And why are you using 'IF'? Are you planning on becoming a nun?

Lol--Well, it's gonna be wonderful to share your life with someone you love. But, if I don't find that person, then I ain't getting no substitute. There's no plan B in getting married.

If that beautiful  person refuses to come my way --then I'm gonna be riding solo with my adopted babies! cheesy

Yes, I wanna exchange rings while sky-diving! I hope we don't have causalities that day--lol
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by MrsChima(f): 9:37pm On May 09, 2011
Phate07:

^^And who says Phate likes pink? You wishing you had me all to yourself? undecided undecided

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 09, 2011
If I do get married, I would want it to be a very quiet and private affair. When I say private, I mean like 10 people or less, and that's including myself, the groom, and pastor or whomever. Just a handful of witnesses. I wouldn't want to wear a white wedding dress. It would be a very soft and subtle pink. Nothing big. Just a simple dress. No train or anything. Afterwards, a small luncheon. Everything being seaside cheesy
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by Phate07(m): 9:50pm On May 09, 2011
BABE!:

Lol--Well, it's gonna be wonderful to share your life with someone you love. But, if I don't find that person, then I ain't getting no substitute. There's no plan B in getting married.

If that beautiful  person refuses to come my way --then I'm gonna be riding solo with my adopted babies! cheesy

Yes, I wanna exchange rings while sky-diving! I hope we don't have causalities that day--lol

Ok. I think i get your point. cheesy
You would gladly grow old while waiting for Mr Right? undecided Hmmm. Quite a dangerous notion.

Have you sky-dived before? Its not for the faint of heart.

Mrs.Chima:

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

**looks warily around for mr Chima**
You know you aren't supposed to be sharing kisses outside your marital home? tongue tongue
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by BABE3: 9:57pm On May 09, 2011
Phate07:

You would gladly grow old while waiting for Mr Right? undecided Hmmm. Quite a dangerous notion.

Yup!  cheesy

I've not actually sky-dived!

I love crazy, insane roller coaster rides, and I love diving! I've dived from pretty tall heights. I love the adrenaline rush! cheesy

So why not get married while doing what I love?  cheesy But the problem is, I'm not sure the pastor or whoever and my husband to be- are gonna agree on doing all that.  sad  Especially, if he's a typical 9ja guy.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by MrsChima(f): 10:00pm On May 09, 2011
Phate07:

**looks warily around for mr Chima**
You know you aren't supposed to be sharing kisses outside your marital home? tongue tongue

Cyber kisses are allowed. If I gave you a real kiss then you worry.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by livedit(f): 10:04pm On May 09, 2011
I'm sorry Phate07, I couldn't resist to chime in on this discussion.  I'm newly married ( 7 weeks) and I know you said for "single" people, but I thought I would share my comment for the heck of it.  My wedding was pretty simple, but yet elegant but not extravagant.  My colors were purple, silver, white and gray and it was just lovely.  I'm a simple gal who enjoys the simple things in life.  

Please forgive me, as I don't mean to derail.  I guess I have a question, I'm married to a Nigerian and when we were celebrating (dancing) is it all nigerian culture to toss dollar bills at the bride?  I was like what the? They were just tossing them like it was nothing. Of course livedit kept dancing.  grin
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by xynerise: 10:06pm On May 09, 2011
@op. It depends on my pocket. grin
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by BABE3: 10:09pm On May 09, 2011
livedit:

I'm sorry Phate07, I couldn't resist to chime in on this discussion.  I'm newly married ( 7 weeks) and I know you said for "single" people, but I thought I would share my comment for the heck of it.  My wedding was pretty simple, but yet elegant but not extravagant.  My colors were purple, silver, white and gray and it was just lovely.  I'm a simple gal who enjoys the simple things in life.  

Please forgive me, as I don't mean to derail.  I guess I have a question, I'm married to a Nigerian and when we were celebrating (dancing) is it all nigerian culture to toss dollar bills at the bride?  I was like what the? They were just tossing them like it was nothing. Of course livedit kept dancing.  grin  

It's not a culture per say, but that's how most of us roll! That's my favorite part of any occasion. Time to make some  money and feel like a spender!! cheesy

Congratulations btw! Happy married life!  smiley
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by MrsChima(f): 10:09pm On May 09, 2011
livedit:

You got dollars?!!!  I got prayer card saying please have a boy and let us know when you are pregnant so we can have another party and we got boatload of money but it was place in our wishing thingie we had.  I also got some creepy looks from the male relatives that were at the wedding too!  I was like the hell.  It were creepy looks!

You lucky ramen noodles!   angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by ayomide202(f): 10:12pm On May 09, 2011
ogugua88:

If I do get married, I would want it to be a very quiet and private affair. When I say private, I mean like 10 people or less, and that's including myself, the groom, and pastor or whomever. Just a handful of witnesses. I wouldn't want to wear a white wedding dress. It would be a very soft and subtle pink. Nothing big. Just a simple dress. No train or anything. Afterwards, a small luncheon. Everything being seaside cheesy
i echo you minus the 'everything being seasided' but, my parents would be a hard knot to crack here but its MY wedding and i'm saving them money too
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by livedit(f): 10:26pm On May 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You got dollars?!!! I got prayer card saying please have a boy and let us know when you are pregnant so we can have another party and we got boatload of money but it was place in our wishing thingie we had. I also got some creepy looks from the male relatives that were at the wedding too! I was like the hell. It were creepy looks!

You lucky ramen noodles! angry angry angry angry angry

Yes. I'm like this isn't no strip club. But my husband said it was apart of his culture. We got money and gifts too. But I was curious to ask if you or anyone else on here gotten money tossed on them while dancing. You so silly Mrs. Chima! A prayer card? What the? , Creepy looks? I know that had to make you feel awkward. No likey,
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by livedit(f): 10:30pm On May 09, 2011
BABE!:

It's not a culture per say, but that's how most of us roll! That's my favorite part of any occasion. Time to make some money and feel like a spender!! cheesy

Congratulations btw! Happy married life! smiley

Hello Babe! smiley

Oh okay. Thank you for explaining! grin I thought maybe it was customary to do that. Thank you so much! cheesy
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by Latty88(f): 10:33pm On May 09, 2011
Honestly,I would want a very simple n modest wedding. Mayb bc I dont know ow 2 dance .
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by r231(m): 10:36pm On May 09, 2011
what's the definition of a simple wedding
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by MrsChima(f): 11:14pm On May 09, 2011
r231:

what's the definition of a simple wedding

The kind where you only spending 100 nairas. cheesy
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by r231(m): 11:15pm On May 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

The kind where you only spending 100 nairas. cheesy
grin grin cheesy
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by MrsChima(f): 11:19pm On May 09, 2011
livedit:

Yes. I'm like this isn't no strip club. But my husband said it was apart of his culture. We got money and gifts too. But I was curious to ask if you or anyone else on here gotten money tossed on them while dancing. You so silly Mrs. Chima! A prayer card? What the? , Creepy looks? I know that had to make you feel awkward. No likey,

Girl! Dogs gon be dogs no matter where they are at. I was like why is this man licking his lips and grinning like he just smoked some good weed? Yes, I got a prayer card in my wishing bucket. I was like this isn't a revival. I felt like I was Juanita Bynum for a second. I felt like I needed to quote some scriptures and baptize a few lost souls.

If I had been there I would be dropping like it hot while scooping those dollars between my legs. It is a skill that I mastered. (don't ask embarassed)
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by asas(f): 11:32pm On May 09, 2011
my kinda wedding simple and small, just immediate family and close friends, i just want to be abt me and my hussy, i just want one day, traditional wedding in mind its long but oh well , i dont want too much wahala like dat .
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by akunta(f): 11:41am On May 10, 2011
wud luv 2 hv a small wedding of abt 30 pple
but knwing my parents, it migth just be x5! shocked
the only thg tat actually matas is whom am gettin married 2
and not how big or small a wedding it is. wink
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by adamsrib(f): 12:09pm On May 10, 2011
I've only been married for two and a half months now. We did court wedding in Nigeria and then had a white wedding. Our white wedding was gorgeous, elegant and simple. We did a destination wedding at Sandals resort in St. Lucia. Fifteen friends and family members joined us, and everyone had a wonderful time. When we got back to US  my parents hosted a big reception for us and invited about 100 people, it was lovely! His family threw us a beautiful reception party at the family compound when we got back to Nigeria to stay. I'm not into big weddings and all that comes with it so this was perfect for us.
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by MsPotato(f): 1:18pm On May 10, 2011
I just want a very simple wedding. I dont really like to spend much money on the wedding because I dont think its that important. Whats more important is what comes after that. Id rather buy a house, have a car, have money for my kids to study in the future by food stuff to eat and continue life or invest in a business or a land and properties than to have a grand wedding. nonsense!  undecided

But no matter how simpl I want my wedding to b, Im sure the wedding would be a very BIG ONE like about 1000 people because in my culture and tradition, a person must have the biggest wedding of their entire life. And if the couple couldnt afford it, you will see the family members would come in to pay for everything which I think is kinda embarrasing embarassed
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by Phate07(m): 2:19pm On May 10, 2011
livedit:

No its not culture per se, but most people are now used to spraying notes at weddings and other functions, that it is now almost an 'accepted norm' in the Nigerian society.
But envelopes are also being used to deliver monetary gifts.

And congrats on your wedding! When is the first kid coming? grin grin

xynerise:

@op. It depends on my pocket. grin

I said ladies! angry
undecided

Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by Phate07(m): 2:27pm On May 10, 2011

Why are all the ladies so far saying they want a simple wedding?

I was expecting outlandinsh and grand wedding propositions. Well. . . undecided
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by MrsChima(f): 2:30pm On May 10, 2011
Phate07:

Why are all the ladies so far saying they want a simple wedding?

I was expecting outlandinsh and grand wedding propositions. Well. . . undecided

Not everyone into outlandish weddings. You have that kind of dough?
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by Natasha2(f): 2:32pm On May 10, 2011
hehehehehe of cos i don't want it to be simple lai lai never I want it biiiigggg I mean it happens just once its not like a birthday party where you have the chance to correct things the next year. Its once so definitely it deserves all the mula, the spending and all the glamour. Well let me start from my engagement lolz I would love to be engaged on a ship just for me and my sugar ah how romantic as for my wedding that's a long story grin but definitely my sugar has to buy a diamond ring, no more no less cheesy[color=#770077]
Re: Ladies, How Would You Want Your Wedding To Be? by rully2: 2:36pm On May 10, 2011
Like a Fairytale  smiley  smiley  smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wives Dont Like Me! / Church Girls / Court Marriage Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.