Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? (29928 Views)

Ruling On Tinted Glass / Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government / Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by abatically(m): 10:04am On Jul 07, 2021
benalvino2:

There are mirrors you can see through from one direction but the other direction you see yourself. The guy that did that tinted glass no get sense. Tinted, a quality one won't be an issue regardless if it's night or day

That is the issue I'm trying to raise. Many non factory tints are done poorly. They just black out the whole thing and it becomes a problem when driving at night.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Calitoscassius(m): 10:04am On Jul 07, 2021
abatically:

If ur eyes are bad especially when exposed to the sun, or u have any medical condition that requires u to stay away from sun rays, u can get a medical report for that. And that is one of the exceptions for getting ur glasses tinted.
Mmm... thank you! I don't have vision problems but my vehicle just happend to have tinted windows, I only became aware that tinted require a permit after i shipped the car to nigeria i tried to drive it, I did try to apply for the permit and i was told that i will have to provide a biometric for it, it thought, no way! I ain't gonna do that! But they guy gave me another option of a temporary permit for the few weeks i am in nigeria to present to the police. I haven't done it yet though.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by MrJames007: 10:04am On Jul 07, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
As for me, so far police don check my papers, I no dey drop #1. The ones wey ask me for money immediately I reach the checkpoint, nah only dem I dey give money to o.
Exactly what I do.

To spit on the faces of those who ask me for money after checking my docs dey always hungry me. angry
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by BarrSly: 10:06am On Jul 07, 2021
My car is a factory tinted one and before the coming of this new ban or whatever by the IG, I had only been disturbed once by a police officer over my tint.

He probably felt I was a fool lol I told him it’s a factory tint and he said I still needed medical permit at that point I just bursted his bubbles and made him understand that I am a lawyer and the provisions of the Motor Vehicle Act 1991 only states that medical permit is only needed where I affix a tint by my own choice for medical or security purposes.

He was devastated and all he could say was “Barrister, Barrister “ and we both laughed.

9 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by benalvino2(m): 10:06am On Jul 07, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
NIGERIA GOVT SHOULD PROHIBIT ALL TINTED GLASS FROM ENTERING NAIJA AND GIVE CAR OWNERS 12MONTHS TO REPLACE ALL TINTED GLASSES. THIS HAS BEEN TOO RELax TO GIV CRIMINALS HIDINGS.
ENOUGH OF TINTED GLASS VEHICLES.GO AND REPLACE THE TINTED GLASSES OR UNTINT THE GLASS. angry

You head no correct. How will tinted glass prevent crime?

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Gbolahan111: 10:09am On Jul 07, 2021
stephenponti:

Twice I have been stopped on the road because of the tinted permit my car is not factory tinted but I have all the documents. The two locations I was stopped, they checked my the documents and still insisted that they will take me to the police station. The first incident was around Ikotun area why the second incident was along badagry Expressway on the lane from Alaba international towards mile 2. On these two occasions my Savior was a call I put forward to a top police officer.

I am surprised you were taken to the station twice despite having the tinted permit. Permit me to ask, did you show them your medical report and a verifiable tinted permit document? I asked because I have never been harassed by the officers. Once they stop me, I greet them with a smile, show them the tinted permit paper(one with a bar code) and the medical report and that’s all.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by BarrSly: 10:09am On Jul 07, 2021
Contact Pattybf on nairaland. I don’t know how she did it for me but I didn’t travel down to her for any biometric and till date police has never had issues with my permit.

Calitoscassius:
Mmm... thank you! I don't have vision problems but my vehicle just happend to have tinted windows, I only became aware that tinted require a permit after i shipped the car to nigeria i tried to drive it, I did try to apply for the permit and i was told that i will have to provide a biometric for it, it thought, no way! I ain't gonna do that! But they guy gave me another option of a temporary permit for the few weeks i am in nigeria to present to the police. I haven't done it yet though.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by benalvino2(m): 10:09am On Jul 07, 2021
abatically:

That is the issue I'm trying to raise. Many non factory tints are done poorly. They just black out the whole thing and it becomes a problem when driving at night.

Yeah, I remembered my neighbor who did his own... During the day I can't enter the car because of how hot the inside is. We on the car, turn on ac for 10mins before going in. And this is not even a very hot day and then he covered his license plates too. I don't know why they like to abuse stuff

3 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by IBreakRules: 10:10am On Jul 07, 2021
Nwakannaya1:
It was a bad experience as I was travelling from Abuja to the East, it became worse from Otukpa branch, I was stopped at almost every police checkpoint which was littered everywhere on the road, each one of them presenting a useless argument.

At one point I was told tinted was banned, I told them that it was the issuance of new permits that was suspended, (I was even told by a notable VIO officer that even the suspension of issuance of new ones was retracted by the FG), at another point they told me that it was only factory tinted that was permitted, at another point one police officer told me that FG banned factory fitted tinted and that cars with it should not be bought or used unless the glass is changed, at another point which was the most hilarious, they said medical report should have the identity of the car in it.

Nothing wey I no see for east, they only succeeded in delaying me but shishi no comot, my papers and tinted permit were in tact. After delaying me, they would tactically ask for money, I go just laugh, me wey need money pass dem.

Of a truth, it was not a wonderful experience, such nonsenses don't happen in Abj.

Yes they disturb drivers with tinted vehicles more on Eastern inter state roads.
As far as Abuja is concerned, 95% of Abuja vehicles are tinted.. dem go arrest tire.

5 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Cokahot: 10:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Am I the only person that gets nervous when I'm around the naija police,be it in their station or at illegal checkpoints. Do your hands also shake and tremble when they stop u.

2 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Zainabthegirl1(f): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2021
I never get car na only mirror I get for house
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by IBreakRules: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2021
Cokahot:
Them no born u well to use ac for night. Super dark tinted . Its risky and I'm sure it's gonna be front and back. Abi I lie

AC dey affect tinted?
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Nostring: 10:19am On Jul 07, 2021
I don comot am...there wahala too much for my side
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Paykay: 10:19am On Jul 07, 2021
Zainabthegirl1:
I never get car na only mirror I get for house
hope it's not tinted

6 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Cokahot: 10:20am On Jul 07, 2021
Turning at an intersection with dark tint at night and ac on is risky,u won't see well and u will have to keep rolling g down the glass windows just to see front. I'd rather do a 25% window tint,import the tint from abroad and have a local install at front doors only. Back go dey very very light like 20%,and of cos my car must have rev cam.
IBreakRules:

AC dey affect tinted?

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by benalvino2(m): 10:20am On Jul 07, 2021
Cokahot:
Am I the only person that gets nervous when I'm around the naija police,be it in their station or at illegal checkpoints. Do your hands also shake and tremble when they stop u.

If you show fear they will treat you bad. I don't even stop for them at some checkpoint. One thing you never want to say to police is ABEG or you ARE IN A HURRY. Stay calm and let them know that they are saying bullshit when they are telling you bullshit. As long as you know you did nothing wrong.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:20am On Jul 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
What I would like to know is why a special clamp down on fully tinted cars while driving and if anyone has experienced it.

Also are there different rules in different states?

Mention your state when you respond

My car lets virtually no light in. Anambra. They stop for it, but I have my ways.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:20am On Jul 07, 2021
Wetin I wan tint my ride for?

Make we dey see ourselves korokoro eyes, nobody dey hide for anybody.

2 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Paykay: 10:20am On Jul 07, 2021
meobizy:
Why use tinted windows when I’m not a criminal? Apart from the beauty the procedure adds to the car, it’s too much of a hassle to attempt.
buy car first before u start to dey yarn rubbish

3 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Cokahot: 10:22am On Jul 07, 2021
Well they took advantage of that in 2018,I was flagged and I just finished smoking weed and added 2 sticks of cigarettes. O was so damn nervous cos I was like wtf is happening here,these was SARS o. Not the normal useless police. They obtained me 50k that day after 3 bad hours of mental torture cos I felt knew my rights,but becos I carry iphone.which was seized from me and humiliation,what do u do for a living questions and may we go through your phone nonsense. U know how sars do behave then na.
benalvino2:

If you show fear they will treat you bad. I don't even stop for them at some checkpoint. One thing you never want to say to police is ABEG or you ARE IN A HURRY. Stay calm and let them know that they are saying bullshit when they are telling you bullshit. As long as you know you did nothing wrong.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by ekoyo(m): 10:26am On Jul 07, 2021
LordofNaija:
I just wind down all four windows whenever I approach a police check grin
The best.....
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by benalvino2(m): 10:27am On Jul 07, 2021
Cokahot:
Well they took advantage of that in 2018,I was flagged and I just finished smoking weed and added 2 sticks of cigarettes. O was so damn nervous cos I was like wtf is happening here,these was SARS o. Not the normal useless police. They obtained me 50k that day after 3 bad hours of mental torture and humiliation,what do u do for a living questions and may we go through your phone nonsense. U know how sars do behave then na.

All my life driving in Port Harcourt I don't think I have seen or encountered SARS. my close friend told me they withdrew 80k from him. I guess I am lucky and always try to avoid Hotspots for police
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by MummyGreat: 10:27am On Jul 07, 2021
HottieCoach:
On the 7th of June 2021 the IGP IG Usman Alkali Baba suspended tinted glass issuance in Nigeria.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-57388159.amp

Also we noticed a clamp down on vehicles with non factory tints , how has this directive affected you, and when you are stopped with your tinted vehicles (factory and non factory) what questions are asked.

BENUE YAM ALERT � � �
Thanx to all that bought from the first Batch ���

Second Batch of yams have arrived������....
Are You looking for Natural Sweetness and satisfaction from your Yam Tubers������BENUE YAM is dah best bet ��

BENUE YAM ALL THE WAY FROM "ZAKIBIAN" Available in Different Sizes and Affordable ������
��
We sell by 5's and 10 upwards

Dm... 07068444039...Yam Barn
Location...Asaba

Doorstep Deliveries Guaranteed ����
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by lapazi(m): 10:28am On Jul 07, 2021
whitewizardry:

I still have mine. I have been stopped several times. But when i show them my permit they begin to look for other things to ask for, where are you going? What do you do for a living? Nawa o in this Buhari regime, police dey hustle o. I just find small change to quench the thirst.

This got on my nerve so bad, I have to remove mine
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by CaptainFM1: 10:28am On Jul 07, 2021
My people, you see the IG that started this tinted permit thing is the most corrupt police officer. And he's perhaps the one that introduced corruption into the force.

One useless police man stopped me for driving a slightly off-white back windows car.

Note: Just only the back door windows was slightly off-white - And even with the slight shade, you can still see everything very clear in the car from outside.

Na so Argument start between us oooo. So I asked him; Oga police...will you tell me you cannot see through this my back windows?

He just focused on tinted is tinted. I told him to explain better what he meant by that. The windscreen and front door windows are pure white glass. And the back off-white shade you can see through it.

When his wahala too much, I told him, Ok I'm winding down the windows. If you insist you cannot see through this my back window. I will be driving the car with the back window down. Na so the man weak when he realized I wasn't ready to give him a dime.

The point is when a police stops a car, the purpose would ordinarily includes searching and questioning. What if my windows are pure white glass and I wear a facehood, facecap, dark sun-shade inside the car? What if I dressed up like Lagbaja, Eleha or even Masquerade? I reserve the right wear all that. Don't I? What If I have 5 AK-47 in the car I can also decide to wrap it with some clothes or boxed them up.

So why then is tinted Window a headache when you're still going to stop the driver for identification?

So for me, once police flags me, the first thing I do is to wind down the back windows. And the thing dey pain them because they can't force me to close my windows just because they want to ask me for tinted permit.

2 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Thesaint141(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2021
[quote authopost=103452680]Them no born u well to use ac for night. Super dark tinted . Its risky and I'm sure it's gonna be front and back. Abi I lie

All round dark bro, only leave small space for side mirror. My Ac on the lowest.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Cokahot: 10:31am On Jul 07, 2021
I used to be like u till I drove straight into their domain. That day I wished I was on okada,but u see no potholes,no rough road, calm area then suddenly u ran into a lil traffic ,gbam u sight sars in full force doing stop and search,will u now reverse in their presence or risk getting shot at. You can never predict npf modus operandi
benalvino2:

All my life driving in Port Harcourt I don't think I have seen or encountered SARS. my close friend told me they withdrew 80k from him. I guess I am lucky and always try to avoid Hotspots for police
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Folorunsho15: 10:32am On Jul 07, 2021
Well I'd never had issues with the police with tinted as my permit with medicals dey intact but to my surprise on my way from Ife to Ibadan two weeks ago, I was stopped by these idiots, they asked for my permit as usual, I gave it to them, naso the mad man say because it's not factory tinted that he will remove it, I tell am say e no go try am, the werey say IGP said only factory tinted with permits are exempted and that all non factory tinted should remove theirs, I just laughed and quoted what the IGP infact said and there was no distinction between factory tinted and non factory tinted. He said make I call who I know, told him I don't need to call anyone, I know what the directives said.

Naso there Oga asked what's going on and I tell am, he said don't I have permits, I said I do, naso he asked what his boys are disturbing me for then, I told him to ask them o. Naso they started yarning the same nonsense, the Oga come say make I give his boys something, I tell am I no get shingbain, he just gave me my papers and asked me to go

Nigerian police are just mad people I swear

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Cokahot: 10:34am On Jul 07, 2021
Be like say gutter no dey your area, or okada and impatient drivers no dey pass you by. Na daytime u dey shine bro,for night na 0.5 hp speed u go dey on[quote author=Thesaint141 post=103454610][/quote]
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by HottieCoach(f): 10:35am On Jul 07, 2021
Car parts purchase made easy cheesy wink

check out https://www.nairaland.com/6491031/preorder-vehicle-parts-tools-much

From Local sourcing to Pre-orders
We are as Reliable as the parts we sell

Thecarhottie
Putting excellence in your vehicle.

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Calitoscassius(m): 10:38am On Jul 07, 2021
BarrSly:
Contact Pattybf on nairaland. I don’t know how she did it for me but I didn’t travel down to her for any biometric and till date police has never had issues with my permit.

Okay. Cheers!
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by providencia(m): 10:38am On Jul 07, 2021
Cokahot:
It's simple,slam on gas at least 50 metres b4 the checkpoint or illegal stop and search. Sadly u can't,cos the npf i know would and must fi d a very terrible bad spot with big pot holes and big rocks ,just to do illegal stop and search. Had it been naija get good roads with no pot holes. Police no go see where to stay,mount tyre for road.

Hahaha. One man talk for radio say police dey pour acid for road for a quicker pot hole

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Bisi Ezerioha, Builder Of The Fastest Carburetor Front-Wheel Car On Earth / On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP / Cars On Display At The 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.