Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:47 PM

How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? (30582 Views)

Ruling On Tinted Glass / Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government / Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Waper2(m): 10:41am On Jul 07, 2021
Medical report, what for? �
FrankLampard:
I have been stopped severely, but I have all my tinted permits papers complete with my medical report so no issues.

They resort to asking for money, but I’m like Oga/Madam you have checked my papers and no issue. I don’t have have any money.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Crixus12: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2021
We'll get there

Hello my fellow nairalanders, my name's Chris and I'm an advertiser working with 1xbet , I'm looking for People who own websites with 100k+ active Nigerian users per month on their geo statistics(criteria) so as to place a catfish ad on their websites, it's like a banner ad but sticky. You can reach me on WhatsApp on this number, let's deal:
And for calls
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by chiefbuchiV12(m): 10:57am On Jul 07, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

My car lets virtually no light in. Anambra. They stop for it, but I have my ways.
Nna anyi show us the way biko
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by EmmanuelBanks: 11:01am On Jul 07, 2021
LordofNaija:
I just wind down all four windows whenever I approach a police check grin

wow nice, but pls...is s ur back glass tinted also, or the police just overlook it since all side doors of ur car windows are wind down..

thanks...
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Kingdemu: 11:02am On Jul 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
What I would like to know is why a special clamp down on fully tinted cars while driving and if anyone has experienced it.

Also are there different rules in different states?

Mention your state when you respond
This topic is strange to us in the North oo
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by IBreakRules: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2021
Cokahot:
Turning at an intersection with dark tint at night and ac on is risky,u won't see well and u will have to keep rolling g down the glass windows just to see front. I'd rather do a 25% window tint,import the tint from abroad and have a local install at front doors only. Back go dey very very light like 20%,and of cos my car must have rev cam.

I asked bcz I drive with tinted every day and night with AC on. Front light, back very dark
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by seunoj: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2021
phemmyfour:
It's one-off. It's for car not the owner
Not true.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by KiNg0G: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2021
Cokahot:
Am I the only person that gets nervous when I'm around the naija police,be it in their station or at illegal checkpoints. Do your hands also shake and tremble when they stop u.
It be like you be omila
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by KiNg0G: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
Cokahot:
I used to be like u till I drove straight into their domain. That day I wished I was on okada,but u see no potholes,no rough road, calm area then suddenly u ran into a lil traffic ,gbam u sight sars in full force doing stop and search,will u now reverse in their presence or risk getting shot at. You can never predict npf modus operandi

You as an OG need get back up.
Me as I dey here.... next minute nw my barrister de put on call....to track me for the police station....one naira them nor go see.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Uncleodi(m): 11:45am On Jul 07, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

If you were, I'd have heard of you. Narcissist.

I only helped to answer your question. So do you think I deserved this your insult?
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by turbotech11: 11:50am On Jul 07, 2021
In Enugu, it is a horrible story altogether... Even with legal tint permit, they will still tell u that it has been banned outrightly... The first time i was stopped, i tried explaining to them what the directive was even going as far as showing them 2 news publications to buttress my points (https://thenationonlineng.net/police-cp-bans-roadblocks-in-enugu/amp/) and https://t.guardian.ng/news/police-says-all-existing-tinted-vehicles-permits-remain-valid/).... They still refused & told me to pay 50 thousand naira. After haggling & everything, i paid 10 thousand naira in cash(they refused me from transferring the money if not i would have had evidence) after which they let me go. I am not even using very dark tint but light ones.What they even do here in Enugu state is atrocious.Even with tint permit, they will harass you, peel off the tint permit themselves leaving your car glasses condemned...My friend called me to narrate how he was harassed by police here in Enugu despite having tinted permit.The stupid policemen nearly even stole his phones. I just removed only the front glasses tint & left the back ones & even with that, they still disturb me(i am short sighted & i use glasses so direct sunlight isnt ideal for me).Ask anyone in Enugu & they will tell u that the harassment is too much.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by EmmanuelBanks: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2021
Nwakannaya1:
It was a bad experience as I was travelling from Abuja to the East, it became worse from Otukpa branch, I was stopped at almost every police checkpoint which was littered everywhere on the road, each one of them presenting a useless argument.

At one point I was told tinted was banned, I told them that it was the issuance of new permits that was suspended, (I was even told by a notable VIO officer that even the suspension of issuance of new ones was retracted by the FG), at another point they told me that it was only factory tinted that was permitted, at another point one police officer told me that FG banned factory fitted tinted and that cars with it should not be bought or used unless the glass is changed, at another point which was the most hilarious, they said medical report should have the identity of the car in it.

Nothing wey I no see for east, they only succeeded in delaying me but shishi no comot, my papers and tinted permit were in tact. After delaying me, they would tactically ask for money, I go just laugh, me wey need money pass dem.

Of a truth, it was not a wonderful experience, such nonsenses don't happen in Abj.

omo no be small thin ooo..

but pls sir, not that I own a car oo..my question is, if a car is tint factory fitted, must there be a legal paper backing it before one can drive around the car
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Cokahot: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2021
A then I just new to dey enter road with car,no be now. Na sir sir sir them dey call me
KiNg0G:

You as an OG need get back up.
Me as I dey here.... next minute nw my barrister de put on call....to track me for the police station....one naira them nor go see.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by InvertedHammer: 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Tint permit is tied to an individual and a car reg at the same time tied to a user. It is not transferable technically unless, the seller leaves the plates then you can always present the tint permit issued in the former owners name.

/
It comes with a passport photograph of the driver/owner and the license plate of the vehicle.

Place of issue: Abuja.

/
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by ForgetfulJones: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
What I would like to know is why a special clamp down on fully tinted cars while driving and if anyone has experienced it.

Also are there different rules in different states?

Mention your state when you respond
bros am in Kaduna, nothing is happening, my car is tinted and I have never been stopped.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by GeoAfrikana(m): 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2021
LordofNaija:
Them never tell you to wind up your glass before abi? There's a way the smart ones know tinted glass even if you wind down, I'll not say it so I don't teach the ignorant ones amongst the police.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by GeoAfrikana(m): 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2021
turbotech11:
In Enugu, it is a horrible story altogether... Even with legal tint permit, they will still tell u that it has been banned outrightly... The first time i was stopped, i tried explaining to them what the directive was even going as far as showing them 2 news publications to buttress my points (https://thenationonlineng.net/police-cp-bans-roadblocks-in-enugu/amp/) and https://t.guardian.ng/news/police-says-all-existing-tinted-vehicles-permits-remain-valid/).... They still refused & told me to pay 50 thousand naira. After haggling & everything, i paid 10 thousand naira in cash(they refused me from transferring the money if not i would have had evidence) after which they let me go. I am not even using very dark tint but light ones.What they even do here in Enugu state is atrocious.Even with tint permit, they will harass you, peel off the tint permit themselves leaving your car glasses condemned...My friend called me to narrate how he was harassed by police here in Enugu despite having tinted permit.The stupid policemen nearly even stole his phones. I just removed only the front glasses tint & left the back ones & even with that, they still disturb me(i am short sighted & i use glasses so direct sunlight isnt ideal for me).Ask anyone in Enugu & they will tell u that the harassment is too much.

You should have added some money to that 10k and sue their ass with your lawyer.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by OdogwuAnambra: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2021
HottieCoach:
On the 7th of June 2021 the IGP IG Usman Alkali Baba suspended tinted glass issuance in Nigeria.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-57388159.amp

Also we noticed a clamp down on vehicles with non factory tints , how has this directive affected you, and when you are stopped with your tinted vehicles (factory and non factory) what questions are asked.

my car tint is factory
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Blackdisciple(m): 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2021
I never see any stop at Lekki Epe express way, or Admiralty way in Lagos because them wey make the rule na that side be their route and they are still using tinted glass.....

So all na wash.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by ospreywin(m): 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2021
OK, The ban will soon be lifted and tinted permit issuance will take a new dimension with regulations, according to the force PRO CP FRANK MBA, however, it's in the act of Motor Vehicle (Prohibition of Tinted Glass) Act, that you should get a tinted permit for your factory fitted vehicles within 14 days of arrival, or else you change the glasses on the vehicle. Previously issued permits are valid and you shouldn't be harassed by any police officer, if you have ever been harrased contact the police PRO and report. For more details you can chat me up via my signature. OGA_VD
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by stephenponti(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2021
Gbolahan111:

I am surprised you were taken to the station twice despite having the tinted permit. Permit me to ask, did you show them your medical report and a verifiable tinted permit document? I asked because I have never been harassed by the officers. Once they stop me, I greet them with a smile, show them the tinted permit paper(one with a bar code) and the medical report and that’s all.

Every document was intact yet they refused to listen. I dislike bad eggs in Nigeria Police force.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by wonder233: 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
It's non transferable. It's clearly stated on the permit
Alex80s:
Is tinted permit renewed especially where you buy a Nigerian used car with tinted permit?

During change of ownership, it's the permit transferred to the new owner or will he start afresh as in new car?
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Jamesz12: 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
Na who get leg dey worry about Missing shoe
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2021
I would like to know how we renew later
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by tellwisdom: 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2021
Who responds to such Stupid request?

As a well salted Nigerian, You would be wasting your time asking me for license, papers or tinted.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by armadeo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2021
KnightsTemplar:

How is banning tinted glass oppressing the masses. If I have my way, I will ban it entirely, except for those factory ones, those on medical reason and some class of politicians and security personnels. Ive seen a lot people abusing it, you'll see a 1999 jalopy all fully tinted that you can't even see people inside.

Why do you want to see inside the car. Tinted glasses are mostly aesthetics.

There really is no medical reason for tinted glasses so that's bullshit.

If you say security for some class of politicians that's null and void because they aren't the only people who need security.

While I agree that it shouldn't be for every vehicle, why do I have to pay for it since its factory fitted. That's the oppression of the masses.

My saloon came with the tints I didnt fit it, but I knew it wasnt factory fitted. Once I heard the news I removed the tints myself. Honestly I don't care about tints but I don't like how the government is going about it.

If it isn't factory fitted get a permit for it, if it is then you don't need a permit. That is logic.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by akwunomy(m): 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2021
Nigeria my country...You need permit for almost everything...
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by jojothunder: 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
solasoulmusic:
I would like to know how we renew later
It's NOT renewable, I categorically asked at Lagos police command were I did mine.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by FrankLampard: 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2021
LordofNaija:

The day them go throw igbho enter your car. You go know

2 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by FrankLampard: 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2021
Calitoscassius:
medical report? What is the connection with medical report and tinted window? Please elaborate.

I don’t know where to start explaining, when you get your car and you want to do tinted permits you will understand
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by FrankLampard: 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2021
meobizy:
Why use tinted windows when I’m not a criminal? Apart from the beauty the procedure adds to the car, it’s too much of a hassle to attempt.

It actually serves some security purpose. Traffic car thieves are always scared of going to a tinted cars because of the fear of what it brings.

It also serves as protection to the internals in your car.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors / The Meanings And Origin Of Toyota Model Names / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.