Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,708 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? (29853 Views)

Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government / Enugu Government Bans Unauthorised Use Of Vehicles With Tinted Glasses / Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Carparts: 9:35am On Jul 07, 2021
LordofNaija:
I just wind down all four windows whenever I approach a police check grin
Bros this technique is very intelligent but what of the back glass or is it only the side glass of your car that is tinted? Some police officers are very smart, especially in Lagos mainland. They will know through your back glass, unless they never stop you. This method is 50/50 escape if you are on motion but if they stop you to check your papers, they will know from the back glass that your car is tinted.

3 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by ithink7: 9:36am On Jul 07, 2021
Calitoscassius:
because nigerian criminals use it to conceal their criminal activities.
But people have been using tinted glasses for ages and suspending it doesn’t sound like the best way to deal with crime. It sounds more like trying to take away people’s right to privacy.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by DoggoneDogg: 9:36am On Jul 07, 2021
Uncleodi:

He is the KING of nairaland auto section

If you were, I'd have heard of you. Narcissist.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Munzy14(m): 9:38am On Jul 07, 2021
LordofNaija:
Hahahaha the day ur cup go full eeeh...grin

Me I hate being stopped when I am on the move...So i avoid anything that will warrant stop and search...Time na money.....A lot of illiterates in uniform in Nigeria...So don't gjve them that chance to play on your Intelligence.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Freelane33(m): 9:38am On Jul 07, 2021
Omo my car get permit but these idiot officer still Dey squeeze faces after seeing it . 100 naira for pure water . I think it’s normal(#100) , weather hot pure water is needed grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by mejai(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
What I would like to know is why a special clamp down on fully tinted cars while driving and if anyone has experienced it.

Also are there different rules in different states?

Mention your state when you respond
U go fear comments grin
State of the nation. No constructive comments after ur posts.
I was trying to learn one or two, but not possible.

4 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by stephenponti(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
What I would like to know is why a special clamp down on fully tinted cars while driving and if anyone has experienced it.

Also are there different rules in different states?

Mention your state when you respond

Twice I have been stopped on the road because of the tinted permit, my car is not factory tinted but I have all the documents. The two locations I was stopped, they checked my the documents and still insisted that they will take me to the police station. The first incident was around Ikotun area while the second incident was along badagry Expressway on the lane from Alaba international towards mile 2. On these two occasions my Savior was a call I put forward to a top police officer.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:40am On Jul 07, 2021
armadeo:
Mediately the ban was initiated first time. U just pulled the non factory tint on my saloon. I no get power for now harassment.

My factory tinted dey kampe and they always ask and I always show them the permit.

Nigerian government no get sense. Anything to oppress the masses

How is banning tinted glass oppressing the masses. If I have my way, I will ban it entirely, except for those factory ones, those on medical reason and some class of politicians and security personnels. Ive seen a lot people abusing it, you'll see a 1999 jalopy all fully tinted that you can't even see people inside.

5 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Elsueno: 9:40am On Jul 07, 2021
No one ever stopped me, Though I already have my papers & permit intact....mine is non factory
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by wiloy2k8(m): 9:41am On Jul 07, 2021
FrankLampard:
I have been stopped severely, but I have all my tinted permits papers complete with my medical report so no issues.

They resort to asking for money, but I’m like Oga/Madam you have checked my papers and no issue. I don’t have have any money.

Same thing .. no issue at all
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by frowland(m): 9:43am On Jul 07, 2021
phemmyfour:
It's one-off. It's for car not the owner

Its for both the owner and the car. If its for the car, it should be transferable, but it’s not. New vehicle owner have to do a new tint with his own biometrics corresponding to the name on the document.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Honesty36(m): 9:43am On Jul 07, 2021
FrankLampard:
I have been stopped severely, but I have all my tinted permits papers complete with my medical report so no issues.

They resort to asking for money, but I’m like Oga/Madam you have checked my papers and no issue. I don’t have have any money.

Ehen , for naija police or America police cheesy

Do you have orgasm tinted kpekus form yes or no?

Oga enter motor we dey station or you pay 100k

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by obiekunie01: 9:44am On Jul 07, 2021
LordofNaija:

oga how did you wound down all your rear windows?

cause there is no way the back windows will go down complete.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by abatically(m): 9:44am On Jul 07, 2021
ithink7:

But people have been using tinted glasses for ages and suspending it doesn’t sound like the best way to deal with crime. It sounds more like trying to take away people’s right to privacy.

There is no best way to deal with crime all at once. It has to be one thing after the other but they need to be consistent. These days u see many people driving with very dark tinted glasses such that u can't even see who's inside. There should be a level of tint that should be permitted.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Okika123(m): 9:46am On Jul 07, 2021
Nigerian police are wicked I spent 70k to bail myself and car. Because of tinted. Treated me like a criminal.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by ruggedtimi(m): 9:46am On Jul 07, 2021
Which ban?
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 07, 2021
eeithis:
stingy human being ordinary 50 naira you no fit release
As for me, so far police don check my papers, I no dey drop #1. The ones wey ask me for money immediately I reach the checkpoint, nah only dem I dey give money to o.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by mrsage(m): 9:51am On Jul 07, 2021
meobizy:
Why use tinted windows when I’m not a criminal? Apart from the beauty the procedure adds to the car, it’s too much of a hassle to attempt.

Like seriously?

A lot of cars come with factory fitted tint. Some use for medical reasons too.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Nwakannaya1: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2021
It was a bad experience as I was travelling from Abuja to the East, it became worse from Otukpa branch, I was stopped at almost every police checkpoint which was littered everywhere on the road, each one of them presenting a useless argument.

At one point I was told tinted was banned, I told them that it was the issuance of new permits that was suspended, (I was even told by a notable VIO officer that even the suspension of issuance of new ones was retracted by the FG), at another point they told me that it was only factory tinted that was permitted, at another point one police officer told me that FG banned factory fitted tinted and that cars with it should not be bought or used unless the glass is changed, at another point which was the most hilarious, they said medical report should have the identity of the car in it.

Nothing wey I no see for east, they only succeeded in delaying me but shishi no comot, my papers and tinted permit were in tact. After delaying me, they would tactically ask for money, I go just laugh, me wey need money pass dem.

Of a truth, it was not a wonderful experience, such nonsenses don't happen in Abj.

2 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Calitoscassius(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2021
ithink7:

Absolutely! I agree, but in nigeria people don't have rights and their lazy corrupt government believes that banning tinted, things or taking away people's rights would resolve the problems with criminalities
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by nihinlade(m): 9:54am On Jul 07, 2021
Please what is the medical report for and do i need it? I have my tinted permit and my car was imported with the tint and I was advised not to remove it as it will distort the glasses.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by benalvino2(m): 9:54am On Jul 07, 2021
I have two cars, one is factory tinted. at the rear door it's completely tinted and the two back seats semi tinted. That's the Lexus. I have never been stopped, I don't have any permit for them as well so if I am stopped I won't know what to say to them. I do my best to avoid police checkpoints as well. I notice I get stopped more on the car with no tinted though. I think police know a certain kind of cars they will stop that will likely give them money.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by gbengaadeleye12: 9:56am On Jul 07, 2021
Anybody caught using tinted will be seriously dealt with
HottieCoach:
On the 7th of June 2021 the IGP IG Usman Alkali Baba suspended tinted glass issuance in Nigeria.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-57388159.amp

Also we noticed a clamp down on vehicles with non factory tints , how has this directive affected you, and when you are stopped with your tinted vehicles (factory and non factory) what questions are asked.

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:56am On Jul 07, 2021
NIGERIA GOVT SHOULD PROHIBIT ALL TINTED GLASS FROM ENTERING NAIJA AND GIVE CAR OWNERS 12MONTHS TO REPLACE ALL TINTED GLASSES. THIS HAS BEEN TOO RELax TO GIV CRIMINALS HIDINGS.
ENOUGH OF TINTED GLASS VEHICLES.GO AND REPLACE THE TINTED GLASSES OR UNTINT THE GLASS. angry

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by HEAVEN4444: 9:56am On Jul 07, 2021
meobizy:
Why use tinted windows when I’m not a criminal? Apart from the beauty the procedure adds to the car, it’s too much of a hassle to attempt.
to prevent nosy people from looking in your car.privacy
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by MrJames007: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2021
LordofNaija:
Which car you dey drive

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2021
FrankLampard:

Yes, I tinted the car myself.

grin grin
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by abatically(m): 9:58am On Jul 07, 2021
KnightsTemplar:

How is banning tinted glass oppressing the masses. If I have my way, I will ban it entirely, except for those factory ones, those on medical reason and some class of politicians and security personnels. Ive seen a lot people abusing it, you'll see a 1999 jalopy all fully tinted that you can't even see people inside.

The worst thing is many of those young kids tinting their cars to all black don't even have driving experience. They will tint their cars all black and when driving in the night the driver can't even see the car driving beside him let alone the divider on the highway. They cause unnecessary accident. I once drove someone in his car at night, I was going to make a u turn and it was so difficult to see the road divider because the car tint was completely dark I had to roll down. Driving during the day no problems, but at night without street lights then u have visibility issues.

7 Likes

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by flinder: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2021
I was stopped on Monday on the Island, the police officer asked if I don't listen to news to know that tinted glasses have been banned in Nigeria, I told him that's not what the IG said. After few minutes of back and forth he asked for my tinted permit, I brought it out and the next thing he said was that this is nylon tinted. At that point I became angry and edgy, the guy man saw my countenance and asked me to go.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by IBreakRules: 10:01am On Jul 07, 2021
Alex80s:
Is tinted permit renewed especially where you buy a Nigerian used car with tinted permit?

During change of ownership, it's the permit transferred to the new owner or will he start afresh as in new car?
You will have to do another one in your name.
Do you need one?
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by benalvino2(m): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2021
abatically:

The worst thing is many of those young kids tinting their cars to all black don't even have driving experience. They will tint their cars all black and when driving in the night the driver can't even see the car driving beside him let alone the divider on the highway. They cause unnecessary accident. I once drove someone in his car at night, I was going to make a u turn and it was so difficult to see the road divider because the car tint was completely dark I had to roll down. Driving during the day no problems, but at night without street lights then u have visibility issues.

There are mirrors you can see through from one direction but the other direction you see yourself. The guy that did that tinted glass no get sense. Tinted, a quality one won't be an issue regardless if it's night or day

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by Aremson14(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2021
what of a car where only the back seat is partially tinted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangers Of Placing Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car / 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know / Meet Bisi Ezerioha, Builder Of The Fastest Carburetor Front-Wheel Car On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.