Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Relocating To Gambia - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Gambia (48951 Views)

My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / Travelling To Gambia? Join Me / Man Deported To Gambia After 20 Years In US For Lack Of Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
Chibueze775:
no prob at all, I can employ one or two to do the job and get paid
grin guy you are very smart. You should work with ellon musk

10 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by francisbarrack(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
Chibueze775:
thank you all for ur contributions I appreciate, By God grace I will be there

Keep updating us on this thread wen u get there

8 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
seyz91:
You sre right

You just hit the nail on the head

Yes brother
Re: Relocating To Gambia by dozzim(m): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Abeg teach me na cheesy
Offpoint1:

Come let me teach you digital skills to help you stand up again.
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Odingo1: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Elidrisy20:
So Biafra don die, you wan japa go Gambia abi?
This is not politics section

9 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by ObaIgwe1: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
For some one like me that just lost her job, what do u advise? I have only 200,000 naira to my name right now cry cry cry

Even if you have to go by road,you will need more than N100,000

You can get teaching jobs from many Nigeria schools there.... but the pay is not that fantastic

And you need to know someone there who can accommodate you and put you through...

6 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Pavillon: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:

Brother it depends on what you’re doing in Gambia, I know people who have build more than 4 houses living in Gambia, I don’t need to say what I’ve achieved in that country, I have visited SA and Turkey but I feel Gambia is better, maybe if I enter Germany or US I will achieve more wink
I see Gambia more like a stepping stone yo greater height, that's if you don't find this place comfortable. I know so many medical doctors that are practising here. Some have left to other countries while some are still around.

9 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Elliotwaveforec: 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ha! That Fulani country?
Re: Relocating To Gambia by anungangampu: 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
Danmm I am here wasting time while Gambia is already getting taken. In 2015 or so during the President crises, a Nigerian family came back from there, I was in good terms with the woman. She do show me pictures and how they live in Gambia. It took her time to cope. The husband after trying to cope in Nigeria still have to return.

9 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
Pavillon:

I see Gambia more like a stepping stone yo greater height, that's if you don't find this place comfortable. I know so many medical doctors that are practising here. Some have left to other countries while some are still around.

You’re right bro
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Odingo1: 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:

Brother it depends on what you’re doing in Gambia, I know people who have build more than 4 houses living in Gambia, I don’t need to say what I’ve achieved in that country, I have visited SA and Turkey but I feel Gambia is better, maybe if I enter Germany or US I will achieve more wink
I am trying to say that the stronger the currency the harder to get it. The richest man in Gambia is step stop pharmacy from Imo state. White people work for him in his biggest pharmacy shop in that country. No Nigerian living in Germany is richer than him. I am just comparing how I cannot afford a flat in Germany but can afford it comfortably in Gambia.

12 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
Odingo1:

I am trying to say that the stronger the currency the harder to get it. The richest man in Gambia is step stop pharmacy from Imo state. No Nigerian living in Germany is richer than him. I am just comparing how I cannot afford a flat in Germany but can afford it comfortably in Gambia.

Oh now I get your point smiley
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Pavillon: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2021
I've been here for almost 2yrs now. 4 months after my NYSC, I left Nigeria for internship in a research institute. I'm stoll working there anyway. My only regret is to have stayed in Nigeria 4months after service. Wasted 4 fucking months grin grin

Just stay focus with whatever you plan to achieve here, it might sound like a cliché, focus focus focus!!
But trust mw, that's the motto here for a serious minded Nigerian. You hustle like you know no one and trust me, it might be rough at first oo, but things will surely fall into right places for you.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Pavillon: 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
Odingo1:

I am trying to say that the stronger the currency the harder to get it. The richest man in Gambia is step stop pharmacy from Imo state. White people work for him in his biggest pharmacy shop in that country. No Nigerian living in Germany is richer than him. I am just comparing how I cannot afford a flat in Germany but can afford it comfortably in Gambia.
Stop step beside medicare at Turn table ??

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Kellie069(m): 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
For some one like me that just lost her job, what do u advise? I have only 200,000 naira to my name right now cry cry cry
Use am play Argentina and Italy to win and over 1.5
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Odingo1: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2021
Pavillon:

I don’t know much now, is since 2013 I left Gambia. I think is better to go to Gambia with that money than all these people using that kind of money to go to Dubai where people can be 4-6 in one room.

10 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by IamNumeroUno: 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:

Yeah with 20,000 dalasis ($400)he can get all the papers. But it may not be immediately he starts

That's awesome!
How power supply in Gambia?
I want to tour more than six African countries before this year ends. I have achieved three already. Working towards Senegal by August!

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
IamNumeroUno:

That's awesome!
I want to tour more than six African countries before this year ends. I have achieved three already. Working towards Senegal by August!

Power supply is 90% but sometimes there maybe problem. Senegal and Gambia shares border so you’re good to go

8 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by vioment: 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nigerians are treated with suspicion anywhere, even in Nigeria, amongst Nigerians.
If you are igbo, this shouldn't be new to you.

With that said, Gambia is a good country to go do business. No go there, go block my own o. Gambians are cool people, some are crazy just like Nigerians.

Be humble, act like you want to integrate, no go dey form baller, dem babes go use you like rag if you form anyhow. Their guys dey use am as bragging rights if dem dey mount naija babes. Overall, a good small country.

I dey compare their country characteristics to cross river or Niger state of the early 2000s.

If I were you, I go read everything about them, call their trade ministry and ask about their business process, do this without giving your info, anything they tell you, multiply by two, that will be your starting capital when you fit in.

Good luck in your endeavors.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Techguy96(m): 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
Judolisco:
Be like say me go relocate go Senegal... Naija in d mud... Gambia of all places cry
Lol, u will be surprised how great those smaller Africa countries are doing. Like someone said, tourist are usually in Gambia from novermber till may, spending their money in the country while Nigeria the so called giant of Africa rarely get any tourist. There was this black American actor who came to Nigeria just to explore Africa, I dunno who his tourist guide was in Nigeria, but they took him to port Harcourt refinery as a tourist destination, I was so embarrassed watching the video.

25 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
UAR no longer attractive, men dey reason Gambia

10 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Ezmans: 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:

Yeah with 20,000 dalasis ($400)he can get all the papers. But it may not be immediately he starts
so 20,000 dalasis is 400 us dollars, while in nigeria 400 us dollars is 200,000 naira, our youths are wasting there time here

15 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Odingo1: 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
IamNumeroUno:

That's awesome!
Power supply is 24hours most of the time with some interruptions in Gambia capital area Banjul and Serekunda. So power supply can be termed good.

10 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:57pm On Jul 08, 2021
Pavillon:
I've been here for almost 2yrs now. 4 months after my NYSC, I left Nigeria for internship in a research institute. I'm stoll working there anyway. My only regret is to have stayed in Nigeria 4months after service. Wasted 4 fucking months grin grin

Just stay focus with whatever you plan to achieve here, it might sound like a cliché, focus focus focus!!
But trust mw, that's the motto here for a serious minded Nigerian. You hustle like you know no one and trust me, it might be rough at first oo, but things will surely fall into right places for you.

I’ve lived in Gambia for a whole and have a business there so I understand how it works.

6 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by poiZon: 7:58pm On Jul 08, 2021
Pavillon:

I studied marine biology, good at maths though e don tey i leave school..
Any stuff for people like me over thr...
Wouldnt mind planning... Thanks
Re: Relocating To Gambia by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ezmans:
so 20,000 dalasis is 400 us dollars, while in nigeria 400 us dollars is 200,000 naira, our youths are wasting there time here

I tell you bro

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by eedimo(m): 8:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
This is the result of bad leadership.
Nigerians and Indians are everywhere in the world because of same reasons.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Asiri1991: 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2021
Pavillon:

Mathematics!!!!

Bro, if you know math, physics or science sub,
You cannot lack here.. That I'm sure of.

I'm not a teacher here tho, I work with a research institute. PM me, we will talk better

Is there any hope for a degree holder in English Language?
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Ezmans: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

Sir, cry cry cry cry thank u so so much for this. I will go there tomorrow..i truly appreciate this
pos biz is a very profitable, but find a very local & poor place like market that has no bank around u won't regret. I know a person that makes up to 40,000 to 50000 naira profit every day

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by onatisi(m): 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
this is the second japa thread on the front page .it seems everyone just wanna get out of naija

10 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Odingo1: 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
Pavillon:

Man how is Gambia now, I miss my Fula and Madinka babes, good old days grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Flood Takes Over Okota Area In Lagos (photos) / Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road / Young Lady Killed By A Trailer Just After Partaking In The JAMB Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.