Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? (17123 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" / My Girl Friend Is About Going For NYSC Service / My One Year Nysc Experience In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by chiemmanuel(m): 6:12am On Jul 09, 2021
Two years of wastage, go learn an IT course... thank me later
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Bgetto: 6:13am On Jul 09, 2021
Rubbish
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by miniziter(m): 6:13am On Jul 09, 2021
Everyone can't be fit for a military training
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by fiercehillz(m): 6:13am On Jul 09, 2021
How about giving Corp members the accumulated allawii for the second year by the end of the first year.

They serve the normal 1 year and then the Federal government pays them off for the second year

(33k x 12 months = N396,000).

The Military training is a NO NO for me, except they say interested Corp members will be given special preference during police, immigration, customs, EFCC, ICPC, NSCDC and military recruitments.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by safetyboot: 6:14am On Jul 09, 2021
Leave Corpers alone. Train and equip the military
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by KAM3KAZI: 6:17am On Jul 09, 2021
E be like say I no go do this nysc
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by ejimatic: 6:17am On Jul 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, says that as part of the country’s efforts to combat insecurity, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) should be extended to two years, and members be allowed to undergo military.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/07/07/insecurity-corps-members-should-undergo-compulsory-military-training-ishaku/amp/

I thought the idea was insane, but a friend of mine said 50per of youth corps members would be happy about it.

What's your take (eligible candidates)

Modified: I just watched the video on the interview, and I think it's a great idea. Isreal is a good example .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T10CnDJ-8iw

. When they have no job for unconnected graduates why would he not suggest two year service? Are his children. Among them? Are they not abroad? Suggestion from a fool for fools like him..May Nigerian corpers finish their one year service and move on with favour of God in their future endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 6:17am On Jul 09, 2021
such comments by tarab state governor is
laughable to say the least

it's just a reflection of his thinking capacity

the world is developing at a scaringly fast pace

if at all this idea is to be taken seriously

then the additional year should be used to equip the corpers

with

WORLD CLASS SKILLS, and not how to handle guns

abeg check my siggy and get free #1000 for recharge card
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Drsnives(m): 6:19am On Jul 09, 2021
sureukraine111:
free money or what?
No br free money, their supposed stipends for the two year duration, make thrm use am start up business
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by tuna85: 6:19am On Jul 09, 2021
A good idea for Taraba State indigenes

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 09, 2021
Doesn't make sense
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by BigDawsNet: 6:21am On Jul 09, 2021
I think it's pretty okay

But must come with an Increment stipend

More compulsory skills training

North posting should come with automatic redeployment from southern and Eastern Nigerian students

More physical defensive training

Gun shooting training
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by anochuko01(m): 6:22am On Jul 09, 2021
The country would disintegrate faster.
Imagine millions of unemployed youths with a year military training. Na to go buy AK-47 the Awka naa.

Fuulish aboki with 1mb ram
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by SavageMaster: 6:22am On Jul 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, says that as part of the country’s efforts to combat insecurity, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) should be extended to two years, and members be allowed to undergo military.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/07/07/insecurity-corps-members-should-undergo-compulsory-military-training-ishaku/amp/

I thought the idea was insane, but a friend of mine said 50per of youth corps members would be happy about it.

Modified: I just watched the video on the interview, and I think it's a great idea. Isreal is a good example .

I totally disagree
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by maxspence: 6:24am On Jul 09, 2021
Nigerians will always blame politicians for everything..... If na Korea u deh, If u like study Medicine, Jesus or Muhammed you must serve the country as part of military. At one point it's good for self defense and empowerment, so that area boys go know say you go school complete (sense+strength). Depending on your point of view

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Perfecttouchade: 6:26am On Jul 09, 2021
What a way to increase crimes, why will u just want to equip corpers with weapons when we have different kind of people who finally graduates from higher institutions.. mortality and crime rates will increase
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by nsidear: 6:26am On Jul 09, 2021
Badabada:
Misplaced priorities.

We have more pressing issues that needs to be addressed urgently. Most of this our politicians self...

True. 1 year is even a long time.. we dont need NYSC. The aim of it is defeated

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by NewDelhi(m): 6:28am On Jul 09, 2021
2 years is way too much and meaningless. Whatever they want to achieve, they can do it in a year. Even RRI, SSC and DSSC army recruits no dey train reach 2 years so why force these innocent graduates to do so? If you're concerned about military know-how, it can be achieved in 6 months self. 6 months for service (PPA, CDS and shit) then another 6 months for full military training. That's one year.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by harmony75: 6:29am On Jul 09, 2021
Very useless idea when will the youth have time for their life and pursue their career
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Coldie(m): 6:32am On Jul 09, 2021
In a country with high unemployment you want to give corpers military training, it's like u want to cause war
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Amos1423(m): 6:35am On Jul 09, 2021
Cheap labor is what I see all over as what this guys are looking out for secondly nobody gives a Bleep about you when you die.

Why on Earth would someone even suggest for a civilian to get trained on an army duty? Dumb leaders!
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by DeHorus: 6:41am On Jul 09, 2021
The senator abi whomever brought that idea should be assassinated or used for ritual so FG can use the money to pay international debt. Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by juniorstar(m): 6:42am On Jul 09, 2021
2 years of slavery...living in bondage.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Seniorwriter(m): 6:44am On Jul 09, 2021
Badabada:
Misplaced priorities.

We have more pressing issues that needs to be addressed urgently. Most of this our politicians self...
.....No brain and plain clueless(completing your statement).

We need young visionary leaders

@Seniorwriter
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Jephyard(m): 6:48am On Jul 09, 2021
The governor is right. It a good idea. And I wish the government should look into this ASAP.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by RALPHOW(m): 6:51am On Jul 09, 2021
Don't mind the criminal, most of the northern governors used coppers as teachers instead of employing workers ( cheap labour).
They should serve one year and continued to be paid for the second year till they get a job within the 12 months
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Mystery9(m): 6:52am On Jul 09, 2021
I like it..... shocked . I am a serving Corp member, but if they will increase our pay, then it's good to go. I think they should do it as that of Egypt, where it is optional to go into full military training after serving for a year.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by dingbang(m): 6:53am On Jul 09, 2021
I pity any corp member that will gladly acept the offer. Come i can employ you
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by GhostMan15: 6:53am On Jul 09, 2021
100 YEARS WOULD BE OKAY.... NONSENSE AND INGREDIENTS, 2YEARS KOOR 2MNTHS NI
LITE UP MY KPOLI
GAZZUZZ:

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by StreetFight: 6:54am On Jul 09, 2021
It's a good way of holding our youths down to poverty. Thunder will fire the idiot that thought of the madness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Jungle Boot Available Nationwide / Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi / Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.