Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? (17113 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" / My Girl Friend Is About Going For NYSC Service / My One Year Nysc Experience In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Symphony2: 8:01am On Jul 09, 2021
Programme that has outlived its significance.

For Most female corpers its an advanced prostitution adventure.

1 more year my foot.
Just simple drill in camp our female corpers no fit do na to handle guns.

Most of them aside bedmatics not else.
Expensive bone straight hair on coconut head.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by abidem4real: 8:01am On Jul 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, says that as part of the country’s efforts to combat insecurity, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) should be extended to two years, and members be allowed to undergo military.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/07/07/insecurity-corps-members-should-undergo-compulsory-military-training-ishaku/amp/

I thought the idea was insane, but a friend of mine said 50per of youth corps members would be happy about it.

What's your take (eligible candidates)

Modified: I just watched the video on the interview, and I think it's a great idea. Isreal is a good example .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T10CnDJ-8iw

Nonsensical, stupid and unthoughtful!!!
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by fkj950ax(m): 8:02am On Jul 09, 2021
TempUser:

Dumb!

PK weighs about 9kg and AK 47 weighs 3.9.
What about the bullet storage? Where would you keep that too?

If you are not a plus size, you can't be mobile with heavy duty guns which are mostly mounted. Else you want to just waste bullets and die sooner.

They have been using it.
Videos released by them shows it in their hands in active combat.
Since it has a longer range, they don't come close to Nigerian troops and use it for suppressive fire while RPGs are employed to break the cover.
HumanAngle and some foreign medias have live videos uploaded by ISWAP/BH and the Bandits.

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by BigSam13: 8:10am On Jul 09, 2021
what's the essence of extension, what advantage will it be but if FG can increase allawee to 70k,99.9%corper will embrace the extension
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by engrben25: 8:11am On Jul 09, 2021
the way Nigeria is now the country don't deserve serving at all not to talk of two years
Corpers should use their two years to learn work or a trade even,self to serve big man better pass
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by bluefilm: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, says that as part of the country’s efforts to combat insecurity, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) should be extended to two years, and members be allowed to undergo military.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/07/07/insecurity-corps-members-should-undergo-compulsory-military-training-ishaku/amp/

I thought the idea was insane, but a friend of mine said 50per of youth corps members would be happy about it.

What's your take (eligible candidates)

Modified: I just watched the video on the interview, and I think it's a great idea. Isreal is a good example .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T10CnDJ-8iw

That's bullshit_

It is not even feasible.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by BrianFOXX: 8:32am On Jul 09, 2021
then FG should include a pension plan with.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Glamouzpeter(f): 8:33am On Jul 09, 2021
Do u mean another two years of time wastage
Ireject it for my self and I don't wish that for my enemy
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by woleabayo(f): 8:37am On Jul 09, 2021
its a good idea for me
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Trojan8(m): 8:42am On Jul 09, 2021
Mystery9:
I like it..... shocked . I am a serving Corp member, but if they will increase our pay, then it's good to go. I think they should do it as that of Egypt, where it is optional to go into full military training after serving for a year.

Imagine this kind mentality. God forbid that I prat for service extension because of 33k. Before you rant, just remember I am also serving at the moment.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Temmydotty(f): 8:44am On Jul 09, 2021
URGENT VACANCY

Direct Sales Agents needed for a real estate company.

Experience: 2 or more years experience in sales.

How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send CV to careers@landshop.ng using the email subject "DSA".
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Temmydotty(f): 8:45am On Jul 09, 2021
Interesting topic. 2 years is too long for a service year.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by poweredcom(m): 8:50am On Jul 09, 2021
It's somehow good ...if there is a vocational training which is of high quality to build these bone head generation
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by umurphy: 8:51am On Jul 09, 2021
That is Insane. In the same country that Adeosu can be minister of finance without NYSC certificate. They want some poor people to waste their precious time for military training. Let Ishaku children lead and we will follow.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by J2381: 8:56am On Jul 09, 2021
I believe it's a lovely idea, though rather then 2 years, it should be reduced to 1 year 6 months. The 6 months will be used to give rigorous military training (including weapons handling, swimming and the likes) while 1 year will follow the status quo of Corp Members being posted to their PPA.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by J2381: 8:57am On Jul 09, 2021
bluefilm:

That's bullshit_

It is not even feasible.
how isn't it feasible?
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by starlingbawa(m): 9:26am On Jul 09, 2021
That ideology is dead on arrival...
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Cousin9999: 9:35am On Jul 09, 2021
I doubt it would be more beneficial. There's certainly worse ways to spend time, but it's not right to just take people's time in such a competitive market. And it's not like they get all the support they need during service.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2021
Badabada:
Misplaced priorities.

We have more pressing issues that needs to be addressed urgently. Most of this our politicians self...

Olodo, which issue is more pressing now than insecurity? Everything to you is misplaced priority, someone just gave a suggestion on how to tackle insecurity and you call it misplaced priority...

If your were asked to make a suggestion on how to tackle insecurity I am 100% sure you have nothing upstairs...Obviously, the only thing remaining in your empty skull is absolutely NOTHING.

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Dahunsipaul(m): 11:30am On Jul 09, 2021
It shouldn’t even be up for a discus because it is abysmal, wth? It’s craazzy
If this one becomes president tomorrow now e go just take us back to 12th century
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by gumkord(f): 11:53am On Jul 09, 2021
Unemployment issue
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Mystery9(m): 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2021
Trojan8:

Imagine this kind mentality. God forbid that I prat for service extension because of 33k. Before you rant, just remember I am also serving at the moment.
Didn't you read my comment well?
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by otunbachris: 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
They can stay for 35 years , and go home from there. Ndi ara.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by ladywise: 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2021
Not acceptable, NYSC should remain one year with automatic five years Npower.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Horlhamhi(f): 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
To me, serving for 2 years is off point...NYSC has outlived its usefulness.
I'd rather it is scrapped...there should be camping for the three weeks orientation, after which government credits their accounts at once, for the year of service.

Buh those that are yet to serve won't agree, cos they want to feel NYSC life...I understand cheesy

So, one year is enough for whatever plan they have for them.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Ojady(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2021
Does not make sense, rather, since the scheme is called Youth Service, one should be allowed to commence the service right after SS3. Many youths are still redeemable and malleable right after high school, having them go serve then, perhaps for 6 months waiting to go into Uni buys them time and also allows them serve should strikes prevail when they eventually get into university and are overage by the time they graduate. It's not the length but the scope, the limitations the current system imposes
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by mechanics(m): 4:00am On Aug 17, 2021
He should tackle the issue of insecurity in his state than talking what won't happen.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Execlanting: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2022
Let it become Internship then it will be better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Jungle Boot Available Nationwide / Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi / Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.