Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,992 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? (17103 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" / My Girl Friend Is About Going For NYSC Service / My One Year Nysc Experience In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Judolisco(m): 6:58am On Jul 09, 2021
Nothing is wrong with it... With dis population of jobless youths everywhere... Insurgency will continue to rise... Some people stay jobless 2 years after NYSC so good idea.... Military training should be on level of fitness
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by TGMISKY(m): 7:03am On Jul 09, 2021
Something wey everybody dey do for one year, e reach my turn, una wan do am for two years.
Na wa o
Governor no be so na
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by mechanics(m): 7:05am On Jul 09, 2021
Hmmmmm, two years is much o, for those already working and serving won't be happy about the idea.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Nickshrapnel: 7:06am On Jul 09, 2021
I’ve had an idea similar to this before, but the only clause in mine was that it has to be optional unlike Israel’s own. What brought about my idea was just the love of guns I had thencheesy
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by oyejole(m): 7:07am On Jul 09, 2021
Maybe his position and opinion would have been easier to comprehend if you we were dumb. But certainly we are not and we will not be.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Tonytonex(m): 7:09am On Jul 09, 2021
Not a good idea. That wasn't the reason why it was created. Empower them after POP. And it will solve most problem of insecurity.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by joinnow: 7:10am On Jul 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, says that as part of the country’s efforts to combat insecurity, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) should be extended to two years, and members be allowed to undergo military.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/07/07/insecurity-corps-members-should-undergo-compulsory-military-training-ishaku/amp/

I thought the idea was insane, but a friend of mine said 50per of youth corps members would be happy about it.

What's your take (eligible candidates)

Modified: I just watched the video on the interview, and I think it's a great idea. Isreal is a good example .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T10CnDJ-8iw

so after 2 years
you are back to street without job
then you will try to get gun illegally and go into robbery.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:11am On Jul 09, 2021
Funny, most of their children don't school in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by TempUser: 7:11am On Jul 09, 2021
fkj950ax:
Absolutely unnecessary.
The police training is 6 months for the basic program, what will corpers be doing for 12 months extra.
Are we suppose to use corpers as reserves to fight criminals who are violent and better armed than the police force?
Even the standard issue for NArmy is the AK47, while bandits, terrorists have PK guns
A nation grappling with proliferation of illegal arms and ammunition will now have a youth population trained in weapons.

AK47 has a range of 350m
PK is 1000m (1km)
AK47 bullet speed is 2350ft/secs
PK speed is 2750ft/secs
AK47 fires 40-100 rounds a min
PK is 250 rounds a min
AK47 bullet type or size 7.62x39mm
PK bullet is 7.62x54mm

Dumb!

PK weighs about 9kg and AK 47 weighs 3.9.
What about the bullet storage? Where would you keep that too?

If you are not a plus size, you can't be mobile with heavy duty guns which are mostly mounted. Else you want to just waste bullets and die sooner.

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Afonjashapmouth: 7:12am On Jul 09, 2021
Instead on making our NYSC 1 year of apprenticeship in which each person can decide to try to field or stick to one under the regular payment scheme and of course with well screened and accredited hubs. Youths can decide to venture into some specific fields after self discovery and the education will harness it all.. No they want innocent souls coming out of school trauma to start handling weapons ? Are we breeding kidnappers or machineries? This old folks needs to take wearing of thick caps easy cos their head sure does alot of overheating. Exposing the already angry lots to weapon usage and before we know the zeal to own one becomes the new crave. Some leaders are not worth leading a prayer meeting not to talk of communities.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Ola17: 7:13am On Jul 09, 2021
Nigerian politicians are wont to use other countries’ policies as an example when the citizens are getting the shorter end of the stick;
Twitter ban.
Fuel price hike.
Two years NYSC compulsory service etc.

How about replicating Israel’s level of security, economy, infrastructure and social security in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Goldbw122(m): 7:14am On Jul 09, 2021
When they should be Deliberating on the development of Nigeria and the youth rather than Delaying the destiny of future leaders.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by ofiko123(m): 7:17am On Jul 09, 2021
Orisirisi something..
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Raychee(f): 7:19am On Jul 09, 2021
So i should waste two years of my life serving this "kwantry". Never!
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by MaKenz: 7:22am On Jul 09, 2021
It's just an after thought, with the large band of unemployment in Naija you can't train a youth on how to use guns and after the program you don't empower him then he will empower himself with guns and turn into a menace in the society
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Polynek(m): 7:23am On Jul 09, 2021
Opinion is like a nose everybody get His/Her own, 4 me, they should make it optional
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by AlexB300: 7:25am On Jul 09, 2021
SamuelLoch:

So I went to school to study Finance. With the many hardship attached to my four-year course, I'd graduate then spend 2 years doing military combat. 2years o!!! Upon graduation, I can't remember all I learnt at school because it's not in my working memory. Now, I'd for the next two years not practice or learn a skill, but doing military combat undecided

What's good about this idea? If it's going to be optional, no problem sad
my course mate. How far?
How’s MPR affecting you? grin
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by orikoku: 7:29am On Jul 09, 2021
Idiooot, where're his children.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by dederocs(m): 7:31am On Jul 09, 2021
Good, in advanced nations youths do compulsory military service.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by greenguy: 7:40am On Jul 09, 2021
Dumbest idea ever!

When NYSC should be scrapped because it's lost its relevance. Moreover, if our education actually has quality and imparts the required skills for survival why waste one year of one's life while the real life is still out there waiting.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Emeka71(m): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2021
NobleEngineer:
Some lazy corp members are never happy when it's almost time for POP...they be like "so allawi don finish be dat"

Copas like them would definitely hope for additional year...lol
Absolute waste of time.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by seyz91(m): 7:43am On Jul 09, 2021
Both your friend and the Taraba governor don't have sense and if any at all must be in the size of fishbrain
GAZZUZZ:

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, says that as part of the country’s efforts to combat insecurity, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) should be extended to two years, and members be allowed to undergo military.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/07/07/insecurity-corps-members-should-undergo-compulsory-military-training-ishaku/amp/

I thought the idea was insane, but a friend of mine said 50per of youth corps members would be happy about it.

Modified: I just watched the video on the interview, and I think it's a great idea. Isreal is a good example .

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Kay17: 7:45am On Jul 09, 2021
SamuelLoch:

So I went to school to study Finance. With the many hardship attached to my four-year course, I'd graduate then spend 2 years doing military combat. 2years o!!! Upon graduation, I can't remember all I learnt at school because it's not in my working memory. Now, I'd for the next two years not practice or learn a skill, but doing military combat undecided

It is worse to squander years of investment in tertiary education for basic combat.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Blackdisciple(m): 7:48am On Jul 09, 2021
Just to delay corpers ...

Ok they should scrap JAMB that one year mumu exams...
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by adonis89(m): 7:50am On Jul 09, 2021
You want to copy Israel on this but you won't copy Israel on good governance, equality, education, health care, etc. No matter how educated & exposed an average Nigerian is, tribalism, nepotism & religious bigotry will still becloud his actions
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by meobizy(f): 7:51am On Jul 09, 2021
It was only mentioned and yet Nairaland is broadcasting the issue like it was a passed law. Bored people.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Piptocoin: 7:51am On Jul 09, 2021
Nonsense. Why not make it 5 years rather than 2 years? You spend a minimum of 4 years in the university and an extra 2 doing military combat that has nothing to do with your academic pursuits. Minimum of 6 years in a bleeped-up country just to get a certificate. What shall be said about law, engineering, medical, and architecture students who are already at a disadvantage with the years of study? What works in Jupiter does not work in Mars. And some owls think it is a good idea. Gawd. Truly, there is no hope for this zoo.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Mofranky(f): 7:52am On Jul 09, 2021
Nonsensical
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Piptocoin: 7:53am On Jul 09, 2021
seyz91:
Both your friend and the Tarba government don't have sense and if any at must be in the size of fishbrain

I swear. Bunch of cows thinking this idea to enslave students to compulsory 2-year service is a good idea.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by IAMPEDRO: 7:57am On Jul 09, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I just remembered my 3weeks stay in potiskum Yobe state, it was hell dear brothers and sisters, God forbid me stay 6months over there, am not saying people living there are not human certainly a big NO they were given birth there, grew up there and so on. For me I can't stay there 3months.
Here, daddy is talking about 2yrs, ah! Daddy pls for the sake of God just rethink.
The aim of the NYSC is to integrate but it has failed and the money for up keep is use for medicals in most cases. For the military training, I love that idea, Every nigeria needs the basic knowledge of how to pull the trigger. On another hand am a little bit afraid because if you teach some nigerians hw to pull trigger they might get away with the GUNS.
Them never teach people how to shoot gun, gun don full everywhere. If the military idea will be welcome there should be a follow-up like bumper to bumper with the materials that will be use.
For me, if them teach me finish I go use one military man test my gauge. Lol.......... Just joking
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by OLESCO(f): 8:00am On Jul 09, 2021
SamuelLoch:

And after 2yrs of military combat you probably come out to face reality (labour market) where they will be requesting for 18yrs graduate with extensive experience ..... Master degree will be an added advantage grin grin Niger I hail

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Jungle Boot Available Nationwide / Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi / Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.